Favorite Return And Debut

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
There's been many returns and debuts throughout the history of pro wrestling. Some have made a bigger impact than others. So what are your favorites?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I don't think that anything will ever beat Chris Jericho's WWE debut.

I also have a soft spot for Undertaker's return as the Bad Ass but only because it was such a WTF moment. It also led to the best Undertaker had ever been and has ever been imo.

Reaction score
Jericho's debut was so fucking awesome. I was a Jerichoholic since he was THe Man of 1,004 Holds in WCW and had Raplhus as his personal security. He was so awesome in his heel run in WCW, when I found out it was him that WWF was building the Y2K countdown to, I was stoked. Best line of that opening exchange of words between he and Rock; "you thing the Rock is supposed to be impressed because you beat up some jabronie down South named Juventud?". Just awesome shit.

Best returns? Man, that's hard. I marked out hard @ WM 8 when Warrior returned to save Hogan from Papa Shango and Sid. Cena's return at the Rumble a few years back was cool because no one knew and it was refreshing to have a legit surprise. There are a lot that I dug but really can't remember right now.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
My top favorite debuts would have to be Jericho's debut, Lesnar's debut, and Kurt's TNA debut. Honorable Mentions goes to Christians TNA debut

As far as return John Cena's Royal Rumble return takes the cake. I didn't even like the guy at the time. I was on the phone telling a friend about what was happening during the match (I ordered it) and I jokingly said Bobby Lashley was 29 ( he wasn't in WWE at the time) then told him Cena was the last man. He didn't believe me so I played Cena's entrance off my computer. Then Cena really came out and I marked out.

Jericho's return in 07 in 07 was pretty cool too. Him knocking out that torch running guy and stopping Orton's celebration was great. The Rocks return to be apart of Team WWF during the Alliance was good too.

Taker would probably be on the list but he's had one too many returns.

pumpt73

Reaction score
I absolutely loved Ric Flair's WWF debut when he came out on WWF programming with he NWA/WCW World Heavyweight title belt. Wow, what a slap in the face to NWA/WCW at the time. I mean, damn, your champion just left with the physical belt and walked out on your rival's program with it over his shoulder. Makes it a tad hard to lend credibility to your next champion considering he never defeated the former champ to begin with. Of course this has happened numerous times in wrestling, but never to this magnitude.

Another that I loved was the Legion of Doom coming into the WWF for the first time. I couldn't believe my eyes that the Road Warriors were in the WWF!!! You knew it was only a matter of time before they had the titles around their waists.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Jerichos debut
Jeff Hardy's TNA return was pretty good

The recent one? That was a bigger fail than most of your posts about teams & factions.

Debuts:
Jericho RAW '99
Taker SSeries '90
Flair appearing as "the real world's champion" in '91
Eathquake being a stooge in the crowd, giving an ass-splash to Warrior during a strongman contest with Dino Bravo '89.
Randy Savage - "WWFs hottest free agent" mid-'85.

Returns:
HHH RAW '02 (if nothing else for how hot he was!)
Cena RR08
Savage's re-instatement to fight Jake (if that counts as a return) in '91
Warrior WM8
Roddy Piper costs Rude the IC title at SSlam '89

Reaction score
My Favourite:

• Chris Jericho's debut in 1999: Such a classic and badass debut. I love the crowds reaction and the timing was perfect with Jericho claiming he would be the Y2K of the WWE. Awesome.
  • John Cena's return at Rumble 08: Cena was supposed to be missing WM that year so it was a shocker that he returned at the Rumble. I also liked the storyline that followed.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Alot of the great one's have already been mentioned, honestly one of my favorite returns was when Austin made his return in 2001 to 'save' team WWF from the Alliance, the announcers totally sold that it was a legit suprise (atleast in kayfabe). I remember watching it and going absolutely nuts. I also love when he came back to be the GM of RAW in 2003?

Bischoff's WWE debut was pretty epic also.

A few of Taker's returns have been good and a few have been duds, but honestly I loved his 2004 return as the Deadman. I was starting to get into the internet wrestling sites around that time so I had heard rumors of it happening, but when it actually happened I have to admit I marked.

I also love Sting's TNA debut, and his last 'return' in March when he turned heel. Both were pretty cool if you ask me.