Favorite era of SmackDown

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Question is simple, what era of SmackDown did you like the best?

I personally really enjoyed the 03-06 era of SmackDown. They had a packed roster, and really produced some great moments whether it was Lesnar and Big Show collapsing the ring or Kurt Angle shooting and shaving Big Show or Big Show chokeslamming Angle off a balcony and tipping over his car or Randy Orton trying to murder The Undertaker. There was so many great things, at the time.

IndyWrestler1

Banned
Reaction score
Nice story Roadster but you were born in 2008

My favourite era was probably 2011 SmackDown. I remember SD finally felt somewhat important after two years of watching, with Orton coming to the brand. Besides that, Mark Henry was edged in my head and that felt like the first real long-term booking idea they had since I watched where they truly built up someone for multiple months to pay it off and make a star in the process. All that quickly got fucked when RAW made every show a RAW SuperShow to pump up the ratings, similarly to how they ass fucked 2016 SD which was a high period as well at that time.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Nothing gives Indy a harder boner than being 1 day older than someone. He's really experienced life! He got an STD once! uWu!

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
I consider the CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy feud to be the series finale of SmackDown. Everything before that was great too. I know people mostly focus on the Lesnar/Angle era + the half hour Edge wasn't injured, but Batista beating the shit out of Simon Dean, wearing giant suits and getting bicep surgery was comfy. Yeah, you had some dark times with Festus, his entire gimmick is a blur to me, something about gravy and being disabled idk. Vito in drag, Deuce and Domino, Kozlov, solid shitcore gimmicks. It's been soulless since 2012ish.

Went from S.E.S Punk to Dashing Cody Rhodes, and I tapped out when that paper bag was lifted to reveal Ted DiBiase mid spergout. Made me sick.

Reactions: IndyWrestler1

Redboy123@

Reaction score
2016-17 smackdown was very good and with mentioning

2011 Smackdown was also very good

IndyWrestler1

Banned
Reaction score
I consider the CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy feud to be the series finale of SmackDown. Everything before that was great too. I know people mostly focus on the Lesnar/Angle era + the half hour Edge wasn't injured, but Batista beating the shit out of Simon Dean, wearing giant suits and getting bicep surgery was comfy. Yeah, you had some dark times with Festus, his entire gimmick is a blur to me, something about gravy and being disabled idk. Vito in drag, Deuce and Domino, Kozlov, solid shitcore gimmicks. It's been soulless since 2012ish.

Went from S.E.S Punk to Dashing Cody Rhodes, and I tapped out when that paper bag was lifted to reveal Ted DiBiase mid spergout. Made me sick.
You know, I didn't mind the paper bag gimmicks that much. I remember I thought Cody was getting tested for the main events when he was in the Elimination Chamber as IC champ in 2012, then he got beaten by Big Show. Rose again with Sandow, people wanted him to win the MITB and he got screwed and there was no real follow-up or elevation beyond that. One big Shield match with the outcome being that Cody was back to being in midcard tag feuds

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
My fav is when Brock went solo and Heyman had a whole bunch of clients from Kurt Angle, to Big Show to, Nathan Jones to, Team Angle in 03.

Second fav is when Austin was up there in 2000. Kinda unique

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
I'm bias to the 06-09 era, since that's when I started. My very first feud was the odd couple team of Matt Hardy and US Champ MVP beating the unbeatable force of Deuce and Domino, only for Matt to beat MVP for the US title and causing enough drama for Miz and Morrison to swoop in and steal the tag titles. I know it's not the best era by a loooong shot, but man it hits close to the heart

Reactions: Zany Clowny

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I'm bias to the 06-09 era, since that's when I started. My very first feud was the odd couple team of Matt Hardy and US Champ MVP beating the unbeatable force of Deuce and Domino, only for Matt to beat MVP for the US title and causing enough drama for Miz and Morrison to swoop in and steal the tag titles. I know it's not the best era by a loooong shot, but man it hits close to the heart
I recall that feud. It was a decent mid card feud. It’s odd how the simple things then seem like top level stakes today.

Reactions: Doxo