Fashion Police mystery attackers: who could it be?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Amongst the various interesting storylines on Smackdown these days is that of the Fashion Police and the mystery around who have been trashing their office for the past couple of weeks. While a simple process of elimination could perhaps easily narrow it down to a couple of suspects, I actually have an idea that you may (or may not) find interesting.

Starting off with the elimination process, you definetely exclude New Day and the Usos for obvious reasons and I think you also easily exclude the Colons since it's a "been there, done that" type of thing that I'm sure WWE wouldn't be so keen on revisiting. Given that the Ascencsion were also eliminated, this pretty much leaves us with one of two possiblities based on the depth of the roster: either the Hype Bros or American Alpha.

In an effort to take a logical approach in this "investigation", I can't help but wonder what motive or insentive would the Hype Bros have. If anything, the most likely scenario (and quite the heavy rumor I must add) is that Ryder and Mojo will turn on each other and then I also think that it wouldn't make much sense when they just lost a major opportunity for a tag team championship match. Granted, one could note the possibility of this being an act of frustration but, Idk, if I am coming off a bad loss, the last thing I'm probably thinking about is trashing somebody else's office or place or whatever; chances are, I'll mess up my own locker room before anything else if I need to blow off some steam. Lastly, I don't recall any recent history between these two teams (please correct me if I'm wrong) so that would make it kind of random, don't you think?

This brings me to American Alpha. It's been a couple of weeks since I made the prediction that these boys will soon turn heel and to this day I am sticking to my guns with it. Quite frankly, I think it makes a lot of sense and it's a very simple, easy story to tell: they've been underutilized, barely on TV, snapped, want to make a statement and their presence felt, attack a fan favorite team in Fashion Police, bingo. This may sound simplistic but who said simple can't be good? Aside from the fact that it would be a nice spin in the ongoing storyline, I also feel this could also rejuvinate AA cause God knows they need something drastic in order to turn things around.

That being said, I also have kind of a "wildcard" idea, a third option. What if WWE pulled the ultimate swerve and the perpetrators are revealed to be...the Revival?

One of the main storylines over the past month on RAW were the backstage attacks against Enzo and Big Cass. While it was eventually revealed that Cass himself was behind the whole thing, WWE had made sure to have us believe that the Revival were the prime suspects by having them always be seen in the backround every time either Enzo or Cass were found laying on the floor, wondering what hit them. And if you all remember, when Kurt Angle finally called them out on the night of the revelation, their response was "it wasn't us this time". Don't know about you guys, but I for one find this quote very interesting, more so the highlighted part.

Considering we are approaching Summerslam, it's not like WWE couldn't to an interpromotional type of match anyway, nor is it like they haven't done it before. I guess the only problem with this theory is that John Cena is now penciled in as a free agent, which means he could very well be featured in such a match so two of those on the same night seems highly unlikely. On the other hand, I would find it to be a clever idea, something different, something fresh and, quite frankly, finally something interesting for the Revival to be apart of on TV.

Between the Enzo & Cass breakup and the ongoing feud of the Hardyz and Sheamus & Cesaro, what's left for the Revival anyway? Anderson and Gallows?

Consider it a brain fart but I actually thought about this earlier today and figured I'd share and get your comments on it...

Reactions: Solidus1

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Some uggos...

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I'll play with your American Alpha theory because it makes the most sense.

If you recall, in the beginning of his career, Kurt Angle utilized the motto of the three I's: integrity, intensity and intelligence. Well, let's suppose American Alpha embrace these ideals as well and become vicious bullies seeking to make others conform to their will. They begin with Breezango because they are jealous that America is embracing diversity over excellence (whatever that means).

They would be your classic 'bullies pick on minorities' type of characters. Repackaging American Alpha as arrogant jocks will work against the New Day as well and could ultimately play on the struggles the LGBTQ community seems to deal with.

This idea seems logical to me and can play into WWE's goal of promoting and enhancing their relationships with communities which feel alienated by bullying.