Fantasy Wrestling League DISCUSSION THREAD

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
It creates more value for some performers. I mean I don't think Kofi and Woods would have had the value they do now 4 months ago but now that they're on NXT they have a chance of doubling up points so they're better.

AEW people all have the ability to do that with both shows as well, especially when Rampage is live.

In future seasons I wonder if people want to consider adding NXT Level Up and maybe even Main Event. It seems that they may start having people that appear on NXT TV appear on Level Up (Saw that Gacy was on it and Nikkita Lyons). unsure about it due to the timing for Main Event (They record Monday for a mid-week show) but NXT and Level Up tapes Tuesday for later in the same game week.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I watch both C shows so I'd be down for it, but it'd be more complicated for sure. Level Up def doesn't have separate rosters, just some people they consider too green for main TV yet usually always at least 2 NXT regulars included tho.

Reactions: #Waddles

Storm Trooper

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I'll be honest never really watched Level Up, checked out one episode to see what that Sol Ruca chick was about and was immediately disappointed.

Main Event airs Wednesday apparently (at least that's when it's on Hulu). But it's taped Monday so that would screw with the game week. Also I'd then have to see about doing Dark Elevation (Dark can't happen since they do too much advance filming).

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'll be honest never really watched Level Up, checked out one episode to see what that Sol Ruca chick was about and was immediately disappointed.

Main Event airs Wednesday apparently (at least that's when it's on Hulu). But it's taped Monday so that would screw with the game week. Also I'd then have to see about doing Dark Elevation (Dark can't happen since they do too much advance filming).

Main Event actually airs on Hulu at like 6 a.m. on Thursday mornings despite the Wednesday date, it's so weird lol

Elevation would be taped on Wednesdays and airs Monday so it works with the week. Maybe compromise and only add Level Up and Elevation, not Dark or Main Event?

Storm Trooper

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Main Event actually airs on Hulu at like 6 a.m. on Thursday mornings despite the Wednesday date, it's so weird lol

Elevation would be taped on Wednesdays and airs Monday so it works with the week. Maybe compromise and only add Level Up and Elevation, not Dark or Main Event?
Also dealing with scoring 5 shows a week (plus PLE/PPVs and specials) is already a lot. The first time I did this it was 5 superstars, Raw/SD only. I haven't bitten off more than I can chew but I worry it would be that way.

I know Main Event is typically the Raw Jobber Show but they got NXT people on there now which is why I would consider adding it. Elevation is similar in that it's the AEW Jobber show, but occasionally they have midcard guys on it and upper midcard guys as well.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I think theres enough wwe on here personally id rathwr add impact or roh but they tape ahead sadly so no can do

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I love dark n elevation but ya thats a lot to keep track of too

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Also dealing with scoring 5 shows a week (plus PLE/PPVs and specials) is already a lot. The first time I did this it was 5 superstars, Raw/SD only. I haven't bitten off more than I can chew but I worry it would be that way.

I know Main Event is typically the Raw Jobber Show but they got NXT people on there now which is why I would consider adding it. Elevation is similar in that it's the AEW Jobber show, but occasionally they have midcard guys on it and upper midcard guys as well.

Yeah tbh I don't think anything needs to be added anyway, would only be if you're up to it

Reactions: Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I think theres enough wwe on here personally id rathwr add impact or roh but they tape ahead sadly so no can do
deadass no way in hell that's happening lol. Too many different rosters to figure out.

If there was a website that did fantasy wrestling leagues I'd definitely consider it. But not manually.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
deadass no way in hell that's happening lol. Too many different rosters to figure out.

If there was a website that did fantasy wrestling leagues I'd definitely consider it. But not manually.
yeah and like i said, impact tapes in blocks so predictions are not really doable sadly. same with dark and elevation

Storm Trooper

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
One thing I'm considering next year is removing the female position, and replacing it in the lineup with abother Flex spot, but mandating at least 1 (or 2) female performers in the starting lineup.

• Love
Reactions: #Waddles

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
One thing I'm considering next year is removing the female position, and replacing it in the lineup with abother Flex spot, but mandating at least 1 (or 2) female performers in the starting lineup.
Just discussing things, and not shooting this down or anything. But what would the benefit of that be over what you have set with there being a designated "Female" spot?

Storm Trooper

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Just discussing things, and not shooting this down or anything. But what would the benefit of that be over what you have set with there being a designated "Female" spot?
It allows more flexibility on the rosters. Easier on everyone if the rosters aren't split by gender. I know at least one person tried to start a woman at the RAW spot earlier in the season not realizing they're separate.

the potential new system would allow people to start more talent from the shows they watch.

#Waddles

- Retired Vet -
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
This would've helped me out tremendously earlier but I wasn't going to complain about it because it's yur league dogg.