Fantasy WrestleMania Card

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
With WrestleMania on the horizon the idea here is to create a balanced fantasy Mania card that looks a little bit plausible (not sure I did too well on that). I placed matches on my sorta relative to where they took place on their respective Manias but you need not do that if you don't want to.

The rules:

1. Cannot use the same Diva/Superstar twice.

2. Cannot use more than one match from the same Mania.

3. Venue has to be from a different Mania than any of your matches.

4. You can have 1 World Title match (WWE or World Heavyweight), 1 Mid Card Title match (Intercontinental or United States), 1 Tag Team Title match (WWE or World Tag), 1 Women's Title match and 1 Lower Card Title match (Cruiserweight, Hardcore, Light Heavyweight) each but you don't have to have one of each.

5. Provide some reasoning for your picks.

Mine:

Fantasy WrestleMania at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Florida.

1. Owen Hart def Bret Hart - WMX
The best opener in Mania history.

2. Cody Rhodes def Rey Mysterio - WMXXVII
Good undercard match.

3. Maven (c) fought Goldust to a no contest - WMX8
Not a good match but it lead to some funny 24/7 moments throughout the show and you need some comedy.

4. Edge and Christian def The Dudley Boyz (c) and The Hardy Boyz - WM2000
Fun spotty Ladder match.

5. Mickie James def Trish Stratus (c) - WM22
Probably the best Women's match in Mania history.

6. Ricky Steamboat (w/George Steel) def Randy Savage (c) (w/Miss Elizabeth) - WMIII
Nuff said.

7. The Undertaker def Shawn Michaels - WMXXV
One of my all time favorites.

8. Terry Funk and Hoss Funk (w/Jimmy Hart) def Junkyard Dog and Tito Santana - WM2
Best non gimmick tag match in Mania history.

9. Steve Austin def The Rock (c) - WMX-Seven
Fantastic main event and the best of their three Mania matches.

Other On-Air Talent:

Celebrity/Athlete - Pete Rose to come out and cut a heel promo on Orlando then get Tombstoned by Kane
Commentators - Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler
Interviewer - Gene Okerlund
Musician - Aretha Franklin to sing America the Beautiful
Ring Announcer - Howard Finkel

What would your Fantasy WrestleMania card look like?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Damn, #DeathDealer and I have a few similarities here...starting with my show being at the Citrus Bowl as well.

1. Owen Hart vs. Bret Hart - WM X
It's impossible not to pick this match knowing how well the two worked together and how good it turned out. Easily the greatest WM opener of them all.

2. Tito Santana & JYD vs. The Funks - WM 2
One of the unsung 'Mania matches and still up there with my all time favourites, this is a great second match to keep the crowd alive while not having to worry about competing with the hot opener.

3. Andre the Giant vs. Big John Studd - WM 1
This may seem like an odd choice but I love big behemoth's going at it, Andre really needs to be on the card in some capacity and the post-match with Andre giving away the money creates a feel good moment until Heenan steals it from him. :lol:

4. The Steiners vs. The Headshrinkers - WM IX
This is another of those forgotten tag matches that tend to get overlooked because of how weak the card around it was. Rick Steiner's reversal of the Doomsday Device into a powerslam is still one of the coolest things I've ever seen in a 'Mania match.

5. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho - WM XIX
I fought the urge to go for HBK/Taker because while the matches were great, they were also ultra-predictable. I remember this match as HBK's return to 'Mania after a long absence and the story these two told was excellent. Plus Jericho's ball shot at the end totally made my night.

6. Steve Austin vs. Savio Vega - WM 12
Yeah I know, I know, I should have Rock/Austin but unfortunately I needed Rock for something else so I went with this one. Not Austin's best 'Mania match but still awesome and well worth checking out.

7. The Undertaker vs. Kane - WM XX
My reasoning for this is simple, the match isn't that good, but the build up and return of the Dead Man character is worth the price of admission. It remains my favourite WM entrance of all time.

8. Ricky Steamboat vs. Randy Savage - WM 3
Duh, how could you not have this match on your list? There's nothing quite like it and the end sequence is fantastic plus the crowd almost blows the roof off the joint.

9. Mickie James vs. Trish Stratus - WM 22
As DD said, its hard to top this one for action and I've always liked both competitors. Plus a woman's match is needed for filler as well.

10. TLC II - WM X-7
Just a total balls to the wall match and certainly one of the best gimmick matches of all time. These three teams set the bar for everyone else that followed and I feel this is the best incarnation of their series of matches.

11. Bart Gunn vs. Butterbean - WM XV
Just because I love seeing Bart Gunn get knocked the fuck out and the audience would definitely need a breather after TLC II.

12. Hulk Hogan vs. The Rock - WM X-8
This is the definitive 'Mania match to me and one that never fails to give me goosebumps when watching it. Considering I was there its even more amazing to go back and realize that this is what 'Mania is all about. Definitely a great match and a great way to END the show.

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler