Fantasy Basketball 2011

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Okay. I'm for trying 16 on this site.

The one thing I'd change is the way we handle inactives. Last year teams pled up wins on them and then Sal sat their lineups so they would be more inactive and the teams after that didn't get the same bye week advantage basically. Id say lock them up completely after 3 weeks of inactivity

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
Okay. I'm for trying 16 on this site.

The one thing I'd change is the way we handle inactives. Last year teams pled up wins on them and then Sal sat their lineups so they would be more inactive and the teams after that didn't get the same bye week advantage basically. Id say lock them up completely after 3 weeks of inactivity

Did you miss my post?

You expand a league slowly, you don't just go apeshit one year. We've got 5 newbies this year, lets usher them in first and see who's worth keeping next year and who's not. If they're all worth keeping then we can talk about league expansion to 16 next year. To address the "inactives problem" whoever doesn't get in the initial 14 can sign-up for a back-up manager list, and take over for the inevitable inactive/Blue manager. If we can't get a back-up then locking a team is fine, but benching all of their players is unacceptable and unfair. Put all of their best players on their active line-up then lock the team.

Reactions: 1 person

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That's a really good idea imo as far as the back up manager thing. I always wondered if you could make someone else take over a current team but since I seen it could be done in fantasy baseball I think that is the best way we go about it and just leave this 14th spot open for whoever grabs it up first.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
That is what I meant. We can't let them go inactive for weeks and then suddenly update their teams like last year.

As for the vote

14 teams - GA
16 teams - Saiyans

Edit -

I have no problem with that backup idea (just don't want a guy stuck with talent he doesnt like). My counter solution would be making Big Red and Deuce co-managers of a team so they can make sure it doesn't go inactive and both have a say in who is on the roster.

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I'm going with 14 after seeing GA's idea because I think it gives us a good back up plan if one or two teams happen to pull a baller or pimpin and then we can just insert somebody to take over for that team.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I'm going with 14 after seeing GA's idea because I think it gives us a good back up plan if one or two teams happen to pull a baller or pimpin and then we can just insert somebody to take over for that team.

Do you object to them co-managing the 14th team? That way it likely won't be inactive and both will have had a say in the roster. I think that is better than placing the team someone else made entirely on one of them as a replacement manager.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
Can you at least explain why you think 16 teams (7 newbies) this year is better for the league? Deeper format? Friendly gesture to the site? Possibility of more activity?

Edit - I have no problem with that backup idea (just don't want a guy stuck with talent he doesnt like). My counter solution would be making Big Red and Deuce co-managers of a team so they can make sure it doesn't go inactive and have a say in who is on the roster

This is a concern, but I started last year with Monta Ellis, Stephen Curry, David West and Trevor Ariza and ended up with Carlos Boozer, Al Jefferson, David Lee, Brook Lopez and Dorell Wright. Not too hard to blow up your entire team and start new. Especially in this fuckin' league.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
Do you object to them co-managing the 14th team? That way it likely won't be inactive and both will have had a say in the roster. I think that is better than placing the team someone else made entirely on one of them as a replacement manager.

Not sure it's necessarily fair considering we have 4 other newbies that don't have to have a co-manager. It's completely up to them. We can't force them to be co-managers. I'm more inclined to just let whoever grabs the 14th spot first have the team, but if they don't mind being co-managers then whatever.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
You basically said the top three reasons. It would be a friendly gesture to the new site. We would perhaps see bigger activity. And the thread itself could perhaps set a record for posts and pages if we had that many active people.

Whoever grabs the spot is fine with me and them being co-managers is fine with me. I just don't like sticking someone with being a replacement GM for a roster they had 0 say in making

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If they wanna do that then I'm not against the co manager idea but only if that is what they really want to do. Sounds like a pretty good middle ground if they both want to be in right away. Just wonder how that would work in terms of the draft.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
This sure is a huge decision.

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
Whoever grabs the spot is fine with me and them being co-managers is fine with me. I just don't like sticking someone with being a replacement GM for a roster they had 0 say in making

Yeah, but we aren't sticking anyone with anything. They don't have to take the team if they don't want it. Locking one or two inactive teams because we can't find a replacement doesn't really hurt the league that much.

This sure is a huge decision.

lol'd. Fantasy Basketball nerds nerding it up. Also fuck you.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler