Fanfiction

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Craddock

Jobber
Reaction score
I hadn't thought of the legal aspect… It's technically legal to publish "fan fiction" about real people if you do it very carefully but it's a lot harder to publish fiction about copyrighted characters. I assume these wrestlers personas are copyrighted?

But then, wouldn't they have to be?

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I hadn't thought of the legal aspect… It's technically legal to publish "fan fiction" about real people if you do it very carefully but it's a lot harder to publish fiction about copyrighted characters. I assume these wrestlers personas are copyrighted?

But then, wouldn't they have to be?

Yeah the names are copyrighted in their contracts, at least with WWE. So they can't go somewhere else and be that person legally unless it is their birth-name which is why Ryback legally changed his name after leaving.