Fan Experience

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
As a wrestling fan, what are some of your greatest experiences? When I say this, I am talking about actual interactions (autographs, meet and greets, live events).

For me, I would say SummerSlam 2005 in D.C. Not only did I get to see Michaels and Hogan in the main event, but I also was staying at the hotel the WWE was at. I got autographs from Hogan, HHH, Vince, Lillian Garcia, Rey Mysterio...and I also got to meet and take a picture with Animal from LOD, saw Eddie Guerrero up close and personal, and my best friend rode the elevator with Torrie Wilson and Candace Michelle.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I met and got autographs from Trevor Murdoch and Jimmy Snuka. Jimmy was an old fuck who couldn't hear at all. Trevor was a really nice guy who answered all my questions. I asked him why he got fired and he said one day they just called him up and were like "we don't need you anymore".

I saw Hulk Hogan at a hotel by the purest form of luck there is but I was too chicken to talk to him.

Also it was awesome seeing WWE live.

I saw the following superstars wrestle.

CM Punk
Antonio Cesaro
Brodus Clay
Eve
Layla
Zack Ryder
Tensai
The Miz
Rey Mysterio
Sin Cara
Justin Gabriel
Damien Sandow
Dean Ambrose
Mike Mcgillicutty
Big Show

Unfortunately I didn't meet any of them but it was fun anyway.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Sat next to Hulk Hogan at Nami (Japanese restaurant in Toronto) one night. He was looking at the menu for awhile before I turned to him and said that the Dynamite Roll was the best thing on it. He said "thanks brother" and I laughed because I didn't expect him to say that in real life. Anyhow, he was pretty cordial and ended up talking to my wife and I for most of the time we were there. His whole life may be a work, but he was pretty genuine when he was just hanging by himself.

Met John Cena at the airport while I was waiting for my wife to come back from Hong Kong. I was sitting in the Platinum Lounge and a voice behind me remarked that the service was slow, so I got up to tell them that you actually have to order everything yourself from the bar and yeah, it was John Cena sitting at the table behind me. I asked him if he needed a drink to deal with the pain of being choke slammed through a spot light by Big Show and he burst out laughing.

The best wrestler story I have though is meeting Greg Valentine and subsequently getting drunk with him at a dive bar in Toronto that happened to have wrestling that night. To cap that story off, it was also the night I met my wife. Weird I know, but in a way I always have the Hammer to thank for that since if I hadn't been drinking with him I would have left before I had the chance to meet her.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I'm not really that massive of a wrestling fan so it would have to be the only show I've ever been to. Which was the TNA show in Summer, such a great experience. The Engerlanddd chants were great during the Magnus match, shame he lost.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
I'm pretty jealous of your guys experiences. The closest I got was a live event Raw here in Cincy. I got to see Stone Cold just drive pass us. Kane, Torrie and Undertaker leaving together. Big Show leaving the arena by himself. Rikishi leaving, and of course idiots talking about his titties. SMH. Anyway, I wish I've had more chances to see superstars but my city isn't exactly a grab for that. But sports stars from the MLB and NFL hometeams, I have. I treat them like they are just normal people which they respect more.

I would love to meet The Rock and Ric Flair though. :help: