Famous Celebs who passed away in 2016

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
A few celebrities that were well known passed away this week, sparking me to create a list of those ones that are most memorable that will be missed.

Muhammad Ali, heavyweight champion boxer, global hero.. regardless this man was loved by many and will be missed by a lot of people especially the Boxing community. He had and still has massive amounts of influence on boxers to this day.

David Bowie, .... how could you not miss David Bowie? British Rock at its' finest.. RIP Ziggy Stardust.

John Glenn, First US Astronaut to orbit Earth.. The balls that this man had back in the day with the technology we had back in the day to risk going to outer space and orbit Earth? Crazy stuff.. Helped lead the way for plenty of innovation in our space technology programs.

Prince, MOST everyone will miss Prince.. I don't know how you couldn't.. This guy did so much for the entertainment industry and no one will forget it. RIP Prince.

Arnold Palmer, this man was a golfing legend.. The King was one of the greatest players to every play the course. Also one of the most delicious drinks in existence is named after him.. Half Iced Tea, Half Lemonade.

Gordie Howe, this mostly just affects hockey fans.. which comes in lots! Gordie was a 23 time NHL all-star and definitely will go down as one of the greatest players in Hockey history.

Florence Henderson & Alan Thicke, Florence was the iconic mother of the Brady Bunch family in the early yet 70s yet remained popular for years to come. Alan Thicke was a producer for mainly music, he is preceded by several family members (Robin Thicke, Celebrity Musician/Producer to be of note). He was also the man behind Jason Seaver, the father of the Seaver clan in the show "Growing Pains" (1985-1992).

George Michael, celebrity musician, part of the famous duo Wham! who later went on to form his own mildly successful solo career as a musician. One of the end of the year casualties of the 2016 year. He will be missed by many fans!

Carrie Fisher, the most recent celebrity to have passed.. Fisher was very well known and absolutely loved for her portrayal of Princess Leia (Leia Skywalker) in the super blockbuster "Star Wars" saga/series. Many fans throughout the world who have seen Star Wars will most likely acknowledge her death.

I know that's not all of them but damn that's a pretty memorable list.. if you have another one to add to the list of celebrities who received condolences this year please feel free to ist them here.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
not as famous as fisher,bowie, prince but Phife dawg of A Tribe called Quest died earlier on in the year. Love his work and was upset when I heard of his Death and he was only in his mid 40's.
Alan Rickman was great as well. Die hard, Galaxy quest and Dogma all scene stealing performances

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
A few celebrities that were well known passed away this week, sparking me to create a list of those ones that are most memorable that will be missed.

I know that's not all of them but damn that's a pretty memorable list.. if you have another one to add to the list of celebrities who received condolences this year please feel free to ist them here.

I was actually going to make a thread for this exact thing (but slightly different) last night. I'll be doing it for 2017 though.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
not as famous as fisher,bowie, prince but Phife dawg of A Tribe called Quest died earlier on in the year. Love his work and was upset when I heard of his Death and he was only in his mid 40's.
Alan Rickman was great as well. Die hard, Galaxy quest and Dogma all scene stealing performances

Phife is definitely a big name and honestly I don't know how I forgot Alan Rickman.. I mean that guy was an amazing actor.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Debbie Reynolds passed away now... Only one day after her daughter, Carrie Fisher died.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Debbie Reynolds passed away now... Only one day after her daughter, Carrie Fisher died.

Yeah I just heard :( Wow, I loved both Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher. I always watch "The Unsinkable Molly Brown" whenever it is on. That was my first exposure to Debbie as a child. In one of our music classes, we watched a lot of old musicals.

I am assuming that the shock of her daughter dying may have contributed to this :( RIP Debbie.

In one week, George Michael, Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds :(

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I know this year had a lot of big deaths but as time moves on you gotta accept you will be hearing about more famous deaths. But in this last week of 2016 I am baffled how George Micheal died on Christmas and how Carrie Fisher passed yesterday and just EARLIER today her mother Debbie Reynolds passed. Crazy last week with the celeb deaths, but the celebrity population is ever growing hence more news on deaths, I may expect 2017 to be no different.

Had to have been stress from the death of Carrie that led to Debbie's death.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Yeah I just heard :( Wow, I loved both Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher. I always watch "The Unsinkable Molly Brown" whenever it is on. That was my first exposure to Debbie as a child. In one of our music classes, we watched a lot of old musicals.

I am assuming that the shock of her daughter dying may have contributed to this :( RIP Debbie.

In one week, George Michael, Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds :(

Yeah she had a stroke while she was planning Carrie's funeral... Very sad. She died from heartbreak.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
No parent should ever have to see their child buried.. no matter the age.. Debbie did unfortunately by a day. On a brighter note, they are now reunited once more after a short intermission.