Fallout 031: 'JOURNEY'S END' || RESULTS

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Olq4IkS.png

031: “JOURNEY'S END”
Live from Estadio Akron in Guadalajara, Mexico.
Saturday 24th June, 2023.

Estadio_Omnilife_Chivas.jpg

The crowd is raucous and rocking as FWA is finishing its long Road to Back in Business, with uproarious cheers and signs showing support for a variety of wrestlers.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Ladies, gentlemen and wrestling fans alike, please allow me to welcome you all to Fallout 031 and this is the final step on the path to Back in Business!”

Allen Price: “That’s right, Jean-Luc. We’re making our final stop ahead of Back in Business in Mexico City next month and well, you’ve all been wanting to see it… we’re going to see Cyrus Truth and Chris Peacock face to face in the ring… RIGHT NOW!”

A lot of that buzz might have something to do with what’s going on in the ring. Decorations, streamers, and various other regalia has been set up, along with a table and a pair of leatherbound desk chairs and microphones sat upon the table. Standing in the ring is FWA Official Jon Russnow, and in his hand is a clipboard which, at first glance, has a match contract attached to it.

Jon Russnow: “Ladies and gentlemen, we are within spitting distance of the biggest event of the year! Back in Business is shaping up to be one for the record books, but before then? We have a bit of paperwork to finalise. In my hand, I have the official contract for the FWA World Championship clash between champion Chris Peacock…”

A massive cheer erupts from the crowd for the popular dual-champion.

Jon Russnow: “…and the challenger and winner of the 2023 Carnal Contendership, Cyrus Truth!”

Another series of cheers, which results in a series of duelling chants of “Cocky Two Belts!” and “Cyrus Truth!” It seems that this crowd might be leaning more towards the champion, however.

Jon Russnow: “Regardless of who you support, it’s sure to be a titanic clash between the man who defined the prior era and the man looking to define the present. So, without further adieu…”

Before Russnow can utter another word, the driving, heavy theme for ‘The Exile’ blares, signalling his entrance into the arena. Cyrus Truth emerges from the back, dressed for combat as he has a match later this evening.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Ladies and gentlemen, it seems that the challenger to Chris Peacock’s World Title reign has decided that he’s waited long enough. For those of you who haven’t been following FWA for a while, it’s no secret that The Exile is not the biggest fan of contract signings.”

Allen Price: “It’s definitely no secret that Cyrus Truth is a killjoy. Though I suspect it has more to do with Cyrus wanting to upstage the champion before they finally face off for the belt.”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “So, this is a psychological ploy?”

Allen Price: “Of course! Truth has always been fond of playing mind games. Problem is? How’s that supposed to work when you’re facing a man who’s literally holding two of the biggest prizes in our business?”

As Watkins and Price continue to debate what Cyrus’s motivations are, the crowd in Guadalajara welcomes him as he walks down to the ring. He looks…different. There’s that same fierce, raptor-like glare, but Cyrus just seems…sharper. More in tune with himself and the world around him.

Upon sliding into the ring, and as his music dies down, Cyrus stares daggers through Jon Russnow. There’s definitely a bit of lingering bad blood from earlier in the year, where Russnow’s supposed “mismanagement” led to the Fallout secession. Russnow, however, puts on a brave face as he raises his microphone…

But, before he can say anything, Cyrus approaches him. Without saying a word, he snatches the clipboard from Russnow’s hand and drops it onto the table.

Jon Russnow: “Um, Cyrus? What are you…?”

Ignoring the FWA boss, Cyrus grabs a pen that’s resting on the table and signs the contract. No fanfare, no bluster…just a quick signature before The Exile picks up the clipboard again and pushes it roughly back in Russnow’s chest.

As Russnow fumbles a bit before grabbing the contract, Cyrus wordlessly turns to exit the ring. However, before he can…

The crowd cheers loudly as Chris Peacock walks out from the back, not dressed to compete despite having a match of his own later on tonight. Peacock is in very high spirits as he carries both of his championships on his shoulders and he proudly struts down towards the ring.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “I don’t think this is going to be as brief as Cyrus Truth hoped it would be, because here comes the FWA World Champion Chris Peacock, just as ‘The Exile’ was about to leave. Price, you may be better placed to speak on this than I am… is it fair to say that Chris Peacock has been rather non-chalant about this very important match that’s coming up at Back in Business?”

Allen Price: “I know that Chris has always had an awareness of Cyrus Truth and he’s been in the back of his mind - but who in their right mind would pass up a chance to become a double champion? You’re looking at the most powerful man in the company right now, Jean-Luc!”

Peacock enters the ring and enthusiastically shakes Jon Russnow’s hand, and then thinks over doing the same to Cyrus Truth, but opts not to as he knows it would likely not be reciprocated. The FWA World Champion sits down in one of the chairs at one end of the table and then rests his championships, and then his feet, on the surface of it.

Jon Russnow: “Well, Chris, it is awfully nice of you to join us out here. It seems that Cyrus does not want to drag things out, so perhaps if you wish to follow suit… here you go. The contract for your match at Back in Business with Cyrus Truth for the FWA World Championship.”

After Russnow places the contract down in front of him, Peacock rests it on his lap and flicks through the pages and he chuckles lightly upon seeing Cyrus’s hastily scribbled signature.

Jon Russnow: “If you’d like to sign right there, Chris. Right next to Cyrus’s...”

Peacock clicks the pen open and looks to do the same, but something seems to cross his mind and he reaches forward and takes one of the microphones on the table.

Chris Peacock: “Come on, Cyrus… I’ve never had the chance to do one of these before, and if you get your way… I may never again! Take a seat, we’ll take some shots at each other, things will get blown out of proportion and then someone will take a dive through the table. That’s how these things usually go, right?”

Despite the levity being shown by Peacock, Truth remains completely serious and completely still; his inaction showing he does not want to involve himself in a verbal spar with the double champion.

Chris Peacock: “That’s fine, no offence taken. You’ve been around the block a few more times than me so you’ve probably done this once or twice before. Maybe the novelty has worn off a bit. I’m going to savour it all, though. I want my first time to be special, and who better than a more experienced man to share it with?”

Peacock smirks at the double entendre, but then his face shifts into something more stern.

Chris Peacock: “Jokes aside, Cyrus. Who better than you for me to face in my first Back in Business main event? My first one-on-one defence of the FWA World Championship. You’ve been to the main event of Back in Business three times already! Arguably, no one knows the pressure of being in that spot better than you!”

The expression on Peacock’s face shows that he recognises the achievements of Truth well; the challenger is already bored of this.

Chris Peacock: “I mean, I should be worried! Facing someone with as much experience as you’ve got, I should be the underdog, right? That’s until you actually look at what that experience actually entails, of course.”

With his spare hand, Peacock holds up three fingers. A frown forms on Cyrus’s face, as he knows what the champion is about to allude to already.

Chris Peacock: “Ryan Rondo. Shannon O’Neal. Chris Kennedy. Three Back in Business main event matches, all for the FWA World Championships. Three Hall of Fame opponents for a future surefire first-ballot Hall of Famer in his own right. Three chances to win the big one on the biggest stage there is…”

As Peacock begins to count, he lowers a finger each time.

Chris Peacock: “One… Two… Three… Defeats. You fumbled the ball every time, Cyrus. So why is it I feel safe knowing that you’re going to be my opponent at Back in Business? Because that experience - that history - shows that you’re just nothing to worry about.”

The crowd responds loudly to that comment from Peacock, and a smirk forms on the champion’s face. Cyrus balls his fist, wanting to tear Peacock’s head off for so openly dismissing him. Even Russnow takes a step back, expecting the ‘traditional’ contract signing segment that Peacock prophesied to be coming to fruition.

Chris Peacock: “Oh, come on, Cyrus! Don’t tell me that’s not gotten you wanting to at least say something! I mean, if I was about to become the first person to lose in the Back in Business main event FOUR TIMES, I’d sure have something to-”

Cyrus Truth: “You really want to do this?”

The Exile interjects, stopping the World Champion mid-sentence. He doesn’t even have a microphone when he says that, but the sheer weight behind his words gets Chris to stop talking long enough for a stagehand to hand Cyrus a microphone.

Despite Cyrus’s earlier indignance, his tone…isn’t that anymore. There’s a certain calm, an eerie calm that washes over the face and voice of The Wayward Warrior. It’s unsettling how placid Cyrus’s tone is, and yet…it’s hard to mistake the edge to it.

Cyrus Truth: “Are you sure you want to do this? I mean, I shouldn’t be surprised, right? Because this? All of this? You love this. The glitz, the glamor, the gilded trappings that’s become part and parcel with this business. And in Truth, I don’t necessarily fault you for that, even if you and so many others fault ME for not engaging in it to the same extent that you and your peers do.

“But for me…I don’t know. I’ve always cared more about what happened between the opening bell and the ending bell. The actual fight itself. Now, that’s not to say you don’t. You don’t get to win a championship in this business if you slack when it comes time for a match. You are a phenomenal wrestler, Chris. I have no shame in admitting that.”

Peacock flashes a bit of a smarmy grin, but the smile vanishes somewhat as Cyrus continues.

Cyrus Truth: “Thing is…everybody that thinks their opinion matters in the slightest has had something to say about this match. That I’m not doing my part to…hype this match up. That I’ve been fumbling ever since winning Carnal Contendership. Hell, your tag team partner has flat out said that I shouldn’t have even been in that match or the finals of the F1 Climaxxx to begin with given my record. And sure, you want to bring up my win-loss record over the past few years? Go ahead. I probably deserve that, given what I was before that.

“But then, there’s the really biting comments. The ones that say I’m washed. The ones that say I don’t matter anymore. That I shouldn’t be here, that this main event at Back in Business is irrelevant. Your buddy Alyster said as much himself, didn’t he? And despite what you said before about how I’m the guy you want to face at Back in Business for your first one-on-one title defense…that was a lie, and you know it.

“Your commentary at Carnal Contendership told the whole story. You wanted to fight Alyster. Because you thought that I wasn’t worth bothering with anymore because you’ve already beaten me.”

The way Cyrus says that, and the way Peacock reacts? It’s almost as if Cyrus had taken a knife to Peacock’s gut with how much air he sucks in. Before Peacock can rebuke that, The Exile walks around the table to where the World Champion is seated, feet still resting casually between his two title belts. Cyrus gets within a foot of Peacock and just…stares at him for a second. No…more like he’s trying to look THROUGH him.

Cyrus Truth: “You know, I’ve talked about how much it hurts to have this company and the wrestlers who compete in it constantly talk about me as if I’m some waste of time, energy, and space. Because…it hurts, you know? It BURNS when you’ve dedicated your life to something, became the very best and reached the pinnacle, only to have a bunch of children and upstarts look at you as if you’re just some scum not worth bothering with.

“But…I’ve decided that it’s not worth it. It’s not worth wasting my energy on. Because you’re right, Chris. In spite of the fact that I’ve held the FWA World Championship for more days than anybody in history, my win-loss record at Back in Business isn’t anything worth writing home about. And with my record over the last few years? I can’t afford to pay attention to anybody else’s opinion.

“And besides…I can take peace in the fact that, as I’m looking at you? Watching you so proudly sit there with your gold like you’re the cock of the walk?

“I can tell it hasn’t dawned on you yet.”

Chris looks a bit confused, as he almost instinctually asks without the microphone, “What are you talking about?”

And Cyrus, without missing a beat, points towards the FWA World Title.

Cyrus Truth: “That hasn’t gotten heavy for you yet, has it? No…rather, you haven’t begun to feel its weight.”

Cyrus’s expression darkens tremendously. The crowd is enthralled. It’s like The Exile of old, the one who stood alone atop a mountain built from the false dreams and feckless ambitions of so many wrestlers, has returned in this moment as he simply says.

Cyrus Truth: You did SUCH a good job of summarising everything that you have going for you. You’re the FWA World Champion. Hell, just like your best buddy Alyster was, you’re a dual champion in FWA! And you’re facing off against a man who has never won a main event at Back in Business. Three world class competitors that challenged me for my crown, and three times I’ve been cast down. This shouldn’t even be a challenge for you, Chris. You’re supposed to win this, and put your stamp on FWA as the guy to lead the next generation.

“You’re supposed to win this.

“And the fact that you’re sitting there with that stupid look on your face tells me that you haven’t even considered what happens should you lose. And that pisses me off more than anything.”

A flash of indignant anger crosses Cyrus’s face, replacing the unsettling calm. Peacock doesn’t stand to face it, but it’s clear that his body has tensed up as if preparing for something to go down.

Cyrus Truth: “Being the FWA World Champion…being the guy who sits on the throne? It’s not just a notch on the belt that is your career. It’s not some simple achievement unlocked as if you were trying to 100% a video game. In twenty years, when wrestling fans look over the history of FWA, and they see this two year span with over a dozen championship reigns? What are they going to think? Are they going to see your predecessors and think that they were the absolute best? Or are they going to look at it and just see it as a bunch of children in kindergarten passing around a kickball because their attention spans got distracted by something else? Some other shiny prize?”

Cyrus’s glare turns towards the FWA Tag Team Championship belt, just for a second, before turning it back to Chris Peacock.

Cyrus Truth: “For you, Chris? The FWA World Championship is a prize you’ve used to prove you belong. But for me? It’s my heart. It’s my soul. It is EVERYTHING to me. And when I was the World Champion? I fought to defend that title as if my life depended on it, because it FUCKING DID! And it still does!

“You want to sit there and talk about me being the underdog? Sure. Whatever you have to tell yourself.

“Your peers on the roster want to bitch about how it’s so lame that I’m getting this shot instead of them? Fine. When one of them actually beats me badly enough to force me to surrender everything that’s ever meant something to me, then their opinion’s allowed to matter.

“And when you stop your circle-jerk with Alyster long enough for him to run his mouth about how it should’ve been him instead of me facing you at Back in Business? Do me a favour and remind that masked copycat that the next time my name comes out of his mouth, it should be in a sentence that goes something like, ‘Despite the fact I have this massive chip on my shoulder and I’ve been a dual champion, I’ve NEVER been able to beat Cyrus Truth.’”

THAT gets a gasp and a pop from the crowd as a very audible “Cyrus Truth!” chant starts to reverberate through the arena. But Cyrus isn’t even registering it.

His focus is on the champion.

His attention is solely on the prize.

Cyrus backs off from Peacock and moves as if he’s leaving…but he stops before he reaches the ropes, turning back to look at the FWA World Champion.

Cyrus Truth: “Go ahead. Underestimate me. Continue to revel in your decadent excess and get drunk on your own hype. After all, all evidence seems to suggest that you have every right to. Back in Business is your ascension ceremony, right? The match that puts your stamp on this company and proves that you’re the man to lead FWA from the past to the future. It’s what’s supposed to happen. Everybody cares about Chris Peacock, and nobody gives two shits about Cyrus Truth.

“But the real Truth? The Truth that, when you strip away the extra layer of armour that two golden belts provide and tear the facade of confidence away, you understand…don’t you?

“I’m not Devin Golden.

“I’m not someone looking for assisted career suicide.

“I am a man who has nothing left. A man who’s been chasing after the one thing that he’s ever cared about, has been told repeatedly that it’s not his to claim anymore…and the only person standing between this man and the prize? It’s you.

“If you truly felt the weight of the World Championship? If you understood what it meant to be the man who wears the crown…if your heart was actually in it?

“You’d realize that you should be concerned.

“You’d realize…that you should be afraid.

“Because if I lose? That’s the expected outcome. But if you lose? After all this bullshit that your peers have had to say?

“Then you’re not a champion. You’re not the man who gets to dictate FWA’s future.

“You’re just another dumb kid who didn’t have the conviction to commit to the job.”

After Cyrus has finished speaking, Peacock slowly nods his head having taken in and listened very carefully to everything that the challenger had said about him. The FWA World Champion slowly raises his microphone back up to his mouth.

Chris Peacock: “Cyrus, there was a time - actually, there has been times - where you saying things like that to me would have caused me to clam up and doubt myself and it would actually really piss me off that I couldn’t get your approval.

“That one before the Golden Opportunity match last year, when you wouldn’t even say my name when interrupting me? That one really hurt, I’ve got to admit.”

For the first time, Peacock loses his casual approach and he removes his feet from the surface of the table and then stands up and steps closer to Cyrus. They are roughly five feet apart in the ring.

Chris Peacock: “That was before, though. That was back when I was the one who couldn’t ever bring it across the line and when I was the one with the point to prove. That isn’t me anymore, Cyrus.”

Peacock slowly walks closer to Cyrus and when he is close enough, he pokes a finger into his chest. Not hard, but hard enough for the fans to see it for the sign of disrespect that it is.

Chris Peacock: “Now? That’s you. You’re the one with the point to prove, Cyrus. I’ve done everything that I set out to do. I wanted to win the Golden Opportunity and I did… I wanted to become the champion… and I did. Fuck it, I wanted to become a tag champion with my best friend… AND I DID!”

There is a cheer at the mention of FTN, and Peacock seems to be really feeling it.

Chris Peacock: “By the way, if you say another word about Alyster Black then I’m more than happy to kick this thing up a notch. I’m not setting out to end your career at Back in Business, Cyrus, but the last relic from the past that talked shit about my best friend hasn’t been doing much speaking lately… if youuuuuuu knoooooooowww what I meeeaaaaaaannnnnn?”

Despite the shot at Devin Golden, it is clear that Peacock is being deathly serious when he speaks about his bond with Alyster Black.

Chris Peacock: “But even if you beat me at Back in Business, what do I really lose? Not one person on this entire planet expected me to get this far anyway. Sure, I’ve used this championship to show that I belong here in the FWA and to show that I’m not someone to be looked over.

What happens to you if you do lose though, Cyrus? I don’t think your bounce back will be the same as mine, would it?”

Peacock slowly shakes his head and Cyrus stands silent, seething.

Chris Peacock: “You’ve become the guy with a point to prove but the inability to prove any of them! I’m not talking about your in-ring ability, Cyrus. You’re still one of the best wrestlers in the world, I’m not even going to try to suggest otherwise. No, I think it is your mentality that is fading, isn’t it?

“I remember you scalding me before The Grand March very, very well. You told me that you wouldn’t rest until you’d put all of the Nephews to a permanent end, right? Including Michelle. What happened to that?

“Because as soon as we got past The Grand March, I didn’t see you finishing what you’d set out to do against them. Someone as goal-oriented as you would surely never drop something like that as if it was nothing.

So, what I think was, was that you were avoiding the real threat at the time. You just used the Nephews to divert your attention away from me. When you were going to lose at The Grand March - which you inevitably did - let’s just blame the Nephews! Hey, I could have used the same excuse as you!

“I didn’t need an excuse, Cyrus, because I took all of their bullshit and used it against them. I’m the guy who stopped the big bad Michelle von Horrowitz - TWICE. I’m ‘Dreamer’s Nightmare’, baby!”

The crowd cheer Peacock for that and his self-styled new nickname caused him to smirk. Another step closer, Peacock brings himself almost nose-to-nose with Truth.

Chris Peacock: “So yeah, you were right to see me as the real threat because I was the one that pinned both of you in one night. You know what kind of threat I am to you… because every single time you and I have shared a ring, you’ve done what you’ve done every time you’ve been in a Back in Business main event… been looking up at the lights at the end of the night.

“Do I feel the weight of being the champion? Of course I do. Devin warned me before I beat him that everyone would be coming after me and he name dropped you specifically, Cyrus. It’s no secret to me or anyone else that this championship is the reason you wake up in the morning and it is the last thing you think of when you go to sleep at night. Well, let me tell you something, you don’t even cross her mind when I tuck her in right next to me every night.”

The words from Peacock are cutting, and Cyrus knows it. The champion does not flinch or take his eyes off of Truth, looking straight into his.

Chris Peacock: “People have been bitching about us not having had much to do with each other since the Carnal Contendership? Well, from my end, it’s because any words we would have exchanged from then until now would have been wasted breath. All of this tonight is just the same.

“Hot air from your mouth, mine too. We killed an innocent tree for the table, the contract and even the fucking clipboard. A turtle or some shit like that probably died somewhere to get us the ink for the pen. None of this matters, Cyrus.

“I don’t have anything to prove, especially against you. You don’t matter.

“You know just as well as I do - even if it is deep down at the pit of your stomach - that our match is a foregone conclusion. History will repeat itself, Cyrus. So by all means, show up and try, but just know that I am long past worrying about you and there’s not a fucking thing you can do to change that.”

Without breaking eye contact, Peacock slams the microphone down to the mat and then holds his hand out and Russnow collects the contract and pen and passes it to him. Peacock signs his name on the contract and his music begins to play once more. Neither man says anything to the other; they stare past each other’s eyes but instead straight into each other’s souls.

Jon Russnow: “Ladies and gentlemen, the match is official! Chris Peacock and Cyrus Truth at Back in Business for the FWA World Championship!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Strong, strong words there from the FWA World Champion… I do not recall a time in the past where anyone has dared to speak to Cyrus Truth like that, Price.”

Allen Price: “You heard what Chris said! He’s right! Cyrus is on his day one of the best in the world, but if you look at the facts… he’s never won a Back in Business main event and he’s never beaten Chris Peacock. It truly is a foregone conclusion!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Peacock seems a little too confident if you ask me, Price. If we know anything about this business, it is that nothing is a given, and perhaps Chris Peacock will find that lesson out the hard way. Nonetheless, both of these men will be in action in our joint main events!”

As the segment begins to fade away, Peacock has his championship and he raises it upwards into the air, champion and challenger staring daggers into each other’s eyes.

navy.png

It’s a bit of a mixed reaction from the fans in Guadalajara, perhaps partially due to their recent alliance with fan favorite Trixie Bordeaux as the Ravenwood sisters walk out from back with Kleio following in behind them.

Natalie Rosenberg: “This tag team match is scheduled for one fall and is our opening contest! Introducing first, being accompanied to the ring by Kleio De Santos… at a combined weight of two hundred and twenty pounds… from Lock Haven, Pennsylvania… Blair and Celestia Ravenwood… THE COVEN!!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “We’re getting the in-ring action started tonight with a couple of teams both looking to bounce back from some recent losses. For The Coven, they came up just short of winning the FWA Tag Team Titles at the most recent CDW show and then on our last episode of Fallout, they went down in the multi-team match that could’ve potentially earned them another shot.”

Allen Price: "Do you think their recent alliance with Trixie Bourdeaux has softened these ladies up some? Taken away a bit of that edge we’re used to seeing from them.”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “I’m not so sure about that, Price. Just looking at the scowls on their face on the way to the ring right now, they look as intimidating as ever to me.”

The sisters climb into the ring and begin to warm up while they await their opponents.

The crowd begins to boo at the opening words of the Necessary Evil's theme song as Reagan Cole and TYLER make their way out from the back, ignoring the boos of the crowd.

Natalie Rosenberg: ”Their opponents, first from London, England and weighing in at 230 lb…TYLER…and his tag team partner, from Essex, England and weighing in at 215 lb…The British Apprentice…Reagan Cole…together they are Necessary Evil!”

Allen Price: "I sure hope Reagan’s groin is feeling better after last time we saw him.”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Well I can’t speak for that but what Price is referencing is the last episode of Fallout where the aforementioned Trixie defeated Cole in a death match that featured… well… a lot of punches to the groin.”

Allen Price: "All things considered, it was a huge win for Trixie and has continued some tough losses for Cole and the Necessary Evil gang.”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Big opportunity for both of these teams here tonight heading into Back in Business to get back into the tag team title race.”

Cole and TYLER climb into the ring, eyeing down their opponents as the match gets underway.

NEvs-Coven31.jpg

FIRST MATCH - 1/20
The Coven (Blair Ravenwood and Celestia Ravenwood) vs. Necessary Evil (Reagan Cole and TYLER).
Tag Team Match.
Match Writer: Dubb.

<< 00:00. >>

Blair Ravenwood and Reagan start the match off for their respective teams and begin things by circling the ring, feeling each other out before they begin to exchange some strikes back and forth before eventually moving in for a collar and elbow lock up. Cole’s size advantage gives him the upperhand in the tie up, moving Blair into a side headlock takeover, but Blair lifts her legs up, wrapping them around Cole’s neck locking in a head scissor submission at the same time.

Cole gets back to his feet with Blair still applying the head scissor, lifting her up off the mat in an attempt to slam her back down to the canvas, but Blair reaches up and begins to drive her fist into Cole’s head repeatedly before taking him down with a head scissors takedown! Reagan roles back to his feet but the quicker Blair strikes first with a low dropkick to the knee of Cole, sending The British Apprentice back down to the mat!

Blair doesn’t give Reagan much time to recover, immediately delivering a series of ground stomps before tagging in Celestia. Blair helps pull Reagan to his feet as Celestia springboards into the ring with a crossbody press!

One! Two! Kickout!

Jean-Luc Watkins: “It’s a hot start for The Ravenwood sisters of The Coven, but that early attempt of a pin only gets them a two count!”

<< 04:13 >>

Blair and Celestia’s sisterly bond was working wonders to this point, making quick tags and keeping the fresh woman in against Reagan until Cole is abe to counter a jumping DDT attempt from Celestia into a Northern Lights Suplex.

Cole is unable to bridge for the pin but he does roll to his feet, but so does Celestia. She attempts a spinkick, but Cole catches the kick and takes her down with a dragon screw leg whip, allowing him to bring in TYLER!

As Celestia staggers to her feet, TYLER springboards into the ring, flying in with a Superman punch to lay out the Ravenwood sister!

She begins to pull herself up once again as TYLER unleashes a series of kicks to Celestia. Seeing her sister in trouble, in comes Blair to try and make the save, attacking him and scooping him up for a bodyslam, but TYLER slides down her back. Blair turns back around into a backflip kick!

Blair drops to a knee as Celestia grabs onto his sister, both using each other for support as TYLER hits the ropes… SPRINGBOARD DOUBLE BULLDOG to take down both members of The Coven!

Both Celestia and Blair roll out of the ring to ringside where KDS is waiting to regroup with them but TYLER doesn’t give them the time as he dives out of the ring onto all three of them with a Tope Con Hilo!

Allen Price: "There’s a whole mess of bodies at ringside now!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “TYLER has provided quite the spark for Necessary Evil here with his fast paced attack and high energy.”

<< 07:19 >>

The action returned to the ring with Necessary Evil now in firm control, cutting off the ring and working over Celestia in their corner. Reagan Cole pulls Celestia away from the corner, lifting her up and drilling her into the mat with the devastating Invented Suplex!

Cole goes for the cover!

One! Two! The… BLAIR with the save!

Cole pops back up but Blair exits the ring before he can retaliate, but Cole instead heads to the opposite corner and tags TYLER back in. With Celestia down, TYLER ascends the turnbuckles…

DIVING HEADBUTT!

But Celestia managed to roll out of the way! Both competitors are down and it is the opening the Ravenwood sister needed as she rolls to the corner and grabs the tag to Blair!

Allen Price: "Seems like perhaps one too many high risk moves for TYLER.”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “And the hot tag is made! Blair Underwood is in and she’s hitting just about anyone that moves in the ring now!”

Cole tries to intercept the incoming Blair but she blocks his jab with a series of boxing jabs of her own before leaping up with a knee strike to take Cole down to the mat. TYLER staggers up and gets hit with a bit of irony as Blair strikes him with a big European Uppercut, sending him staggering backwards before she also takes him down with a jumping knee strike.

Feeling the momentum, Blair pulls TYLER back up, locking him in a hammer lock only to have Cole break up the submission fairly quickly. After hitting a pair of headbutts to the witch, Cole attempts an Olympic Slam, but Blair escapes down down the back, shoves him forward right into a SPEAR FROM CELESTIA!

Cole rolls out onto the apron as TYLER begins to get up to his knees…

SHINING WITCH from Blair as Celestia climbs to the top turnbuckle…

HEX BOMB from Celestia!

Blair drops down and makes the cover…

ONE! TWO! THREE!

Winner: The Coven by pinfall at 9:37.

Blair and Celestia quickly embrace each other with a hug as the bell rings and they are declared the victors.

Natalie Rosenberg: "Here are your winners… THE COVEN!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: “A huge victory for The Coven tonight that should help them perhaps develop some momentum heading into Back in Business. Could we perhaps see this trio competing for the brand new Trios Championship?”

Kleio climbs into the ring to join the sisters, lifting up their arms in victory to a mixed reaction from the fans. Meanwhile, Cole and TYLER regroup at ringside, clearly disappointed in defeat. They stagger up the aisle where they met by a clearly unsatisfied Jeffry Mason.

Allen Price: "Oh boy, he does not look happy. I would hate to be Reagan and TYLER right now.”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “For as big a win as this was for the Coven, it was an equally painful loss for Necessary Evil and now they are probably going get an earful from the sadistic and twisted Mason.”

Sure enough, Mason seems to be letting both men have it as they reach him at the stage before all three disappear to the back. All the while, The Coven continues to celebrate in the ring as we head to break.

navy.png

Todd Salum: Good evening ladies and gentlemen! I’m joined remotely this evening by FWA Television and X-Division Champion, Shawn Summers. As most of you know, Summers has been embroiled in a bitter feud with “The Cowboy” Tommy Bedlam, and it appears as though the two are on a collision course at Back in Business.

Shawn Summers, dressed in one of his finest suits with each of his two title belts resting on shelves behind him, appears on the screen. Summers is seated in a lavish office. However. his hair is a bit disheveled, and he has bags under his bloodshot eyes. Summers' appearance tells the story of how this feud with Tommy Bedlam is starting to wear on him.

Todd Salum: Mr. Summers, can you hear me?

Shawn Summers: Of course, I can hear you, Todd. I’m glad to have the opportunity to come on here and clear up some of the misconceptions, the downright lies that have been floating around about me in the FWA universe. I'm also eager to make a very special announcement about my potential match with Tommy Bedlam at Back in Business.

Todd Salum: Well, you’re certainly the topic of a lot of conversations. Where would you like to start?

Shawn Summers: Let’s start with the lies that Tommy Bedlam and his bi….girlfriend, Randi have spread about me. They claim that I’m some sort of animal who abuses women. They point to an unfortunate interaction that took place during a match in which Randi and I made inadvertent contact and she fell to the ground.

Todd Salum: “Inadvertent contact?”

Shawn Summers:
Yes! What sort of dumbass brings his pregnant girlfriend to the ring? First of all, what sort of degenerate impregnates a woman outside of the bonds of matrimony? Tommy Bedlam claims to be some sort of “every man,” “blue-collar hero,” but defiles the very basis of starting a family. Hey Bedlam, not sure if you’ve heard but first comes love, THEN comes marriage, then comes your fuckhole with a baby carriage. Anyway, Todd. Not only did Tommy reproduce, like we need another one of him running around, but he put the alleged “love of his life” in harm’s way by bringing her to the ring. What sort of man does that?!

Todd Salum:
Well, Mr. Summers, wrestling has a long history of women “standing by their men,” so to assume that Tommy shouldn’t-

Shawn Summers: Who fucking asked you, Todd? Anyway, let’s revisit the word “allegedly.” Tommy and Randi, what sort of woman goes by “Randi” anyway? Tommy and Randi continue to try to sully my good name, my sterling reputation, all because Tommy couldn’t beat me for my FWA Television Championship. While focusing on the things that I’ve “allegedly” done, Tommy is hiding something that he alleg-

Todd Salum:
Mr. Summers, I’m receiving word that someone is joining us. Hold on just a moment.

Todd looks away from the camera and puts his finger on his in-ear monitor. Shawn, obviously perturbed by being interrupted, looks at someone on the other side of the camera. Summers starts shaking his head, looking angrier by the second.

The crowd cheers loudly as Tommy Bedlam appears on the other side of the screen. Dressed in his usual black cowboy hat and shirt, Tommy appears to be sitting backstage at an FWA show.

Shawn Summers: Who the fuck brought him on here? This is my interview! My time!

Todd Salum: Well folks, looks like we’re not going to just talk about “The Cowboy,” but we’re also going to get to talk to him. Tommy, have you been listening to what Mr. Summers has been saying?

Tommy Bedlam: Yea, Todd. I’ve heard most of it. Hell, everybody hears it when Shawn starts talking. That’s what happens when you never shut the hell up.

Todd Salum: Well then, in the interest of fairness, Tommy, would you like to respond to Mr. Summers’ claim that you and Randi are “sullying his good name?”

Tommy Bedlam: Why in the hell would I respond to that, Todd? Everyone saw what happened when he shoved a pregnant woman to the ground. Everyone in the FWA universe saw what a piece of shit he is. Hell, everyone saw him choke out an old man a couple weeks ago. Have we addressed that?

Todd Salum: No, no we haven’t. Mr. Summers, any thoughts?

Shawn Summers, visibly annoyed by Tommy’s arrival in the interview, straightens his tie and fixes his jacket. Summers goes from his professional, pointed way of speaking into an angry, defensive mode.

Shawn Summers: Do I have a response to that? Do I have a response to choking out Rocco Sullivan? Yea, yea I do. I’m glad I did it. You hear that, Bedlam? That old son of a bitch runs after you like you’re some kind of god, and for what? So he can cheer you on while you have a career that is somehow less impressive than his?

Tommy nods at the camera, a smirk on his face, but he’s obviously annoyed by the words from Shawn Summers.

Shawn Summers: That old bald fuck is so stupid that he went running back to you after you sent him out of the ring on a stretcher. All for what? So you could impress your dear ole dad who didn’t want a damn thing to do with you?

Tommy Bedlam: Funny that you mention dads, Shawn. Where’s yours at? You’d think with a son who’s a double champion, he’d wanna be around. Guess you really are a bastard.

Shawn Summers: You shut your fucking mouth, Bedlam. You don’t know shit about where I come from.

Shawn starts to stand up from his seat and appears to be taking off his microphone.

Tommy Bedlam: Oh, did we hit a sore spot? What are you gonna do, Shawn? You gonna grab your shit and storm out of the locker room? Newsflash, we’ve all seen that Mid-Summer Production and you always come back, kid.

Shawn slaps a glass of water from the table beside his chair and sits back down as a look of rage fills his eyes.

Shawn Summers: Tommy, you don’t want to get into pulling skeletons out of closets here, Cowboy. I’ve got shit on you that will end your career, end your relationship, shit…I can end life as you know it with what I’ve got.

Tommy’s smirk turns to a look of concern.

Shawn Summers: You see, Tommy, I know that you’re a fraud. You came into FWA, this blue-collar working man cowboy. You told your sob story about the family ranch and how those big bad corporate assholes took it all away. Then, you dug your sperm donor out the shallow grave where his career was buried in some fucking hick state like Georgia, and suddenly, you decided you were gonna be “a bad guy.” You hitched your wagon to Chris Crowe and tried to ride his ass all the way to the top, and when that didn’t work, you ran away because “your back hurt.” Holy fuck, Bedlam. You spent five months on the shelf because a guy hit you with a chair and then you crashed through a table with that little pencil-necked geek, Joe Burr. Now, you come riding back in a blaze of glory, we all have to hear about your goddamn uncle who died just to get away from you, you fuck a town whore and manage to plant your seed in her, and now everyone loves you again. This crowd pops every time they hear that fucking 80s hairband song and you soak it all in. They don’t know what kind of monster you really are, do they?

Tommy Bedlam: Oh here we go. I’m a piece of shit because I took an offer from Russnow to join a group that was going to shake this fed to its core. I’m a piece of shit because I bought into Sammy’s bullshit. I’m a piece of shit because I had three cracked vertebrae at the hands of Jason Randall. Shawn, let’s be honest. This crowd has been so behind me lately because they know that I’m everything that you’re not. When a man stands next to you, he looks like fucking Ghandi no matter what.

Shawn Summers smiles into the camera. A devious, evil smirk across his face.

Shawn Summers: No matter what, Bedlam? People look like Ghandi compared to me no matter what? The only people who are so lovable compared to me are people who hide the blood on their hands. You know anything about that sort of thing, Tommy? You know anything about blood on your hands?

A heavy tension leads to a period of silence between the two. Shawn Summers stares into the camera with that despicable grin on his face while Tommy maintains a stoic glare into the camera.

Todd Salum: Gentlemen, if we could, let’s revisit the closing moments of your match at The Grand March.

The closing moments of the Bedlam/Summers match at The Grand March fills the screen. As Shawn Summers draped himself over Bedlam following a Lights Out, the crowd in the arena cheers at the clip of Tommy somehow kicking out. Their cheers quickly turn to boos as the highlight shows Summers running into the ring with the TV Title in hand, blasting Bedlam across the face with it. As the post-match beat down of Tommy Bedlam fades out, the crowd in the arena jeers “Der Basterd.”

Todd Slaum: Mr. Summers, let’s start with you. In those closing moments, you chose to use your TV Title as a weapon, getting yourself disqualified. There was a lot of speculation on social media that you did so because you felt like you couldn’t kill the Cowboy so you purposely got yourself disqualified. Would you like to respond?

Shawn Summers: Do I need to respond to a bunch of fat fucks who hide in their mothers’ basements, Todd? Do I really need to respond to a bunch of mouth-breathing dipshits who think they know how what it takes to be at the top of this industry like I am? Please, Todd. Do better.

Todd Salum: Tommy? Any thoughts?

Tommy Bedlam: Todd, I don’t think there’s really much to break down here. Everyone saw the look of disbelief on Shawn’s face when he couldn’t hold me do-

Shawn Summers: Look of disbelief? Get the fuck over yourself, you dimestore cowboy. You think I wanted to put an L on my record to someone like you? What happened at The Grand March was….regrettable. I was overcome by my disgust for the way that these morons continue to fawn over you and I decided to do something to shut them up. You wanted the TV Title, and I gave it to you, right across the smug, sanctimonious face. I did you a favor because that's as close as you're ever gonna come to my title.

Tommy Bedlam: More bullshit from Shawn. But hell, that’s your native tongue, isn’t it? You couldn’t pin me. You couldn’t get the 1, 2, 3, and you freaked out. You freaked out because when you look at me, when you look in these eyes, you’re scared shitless, Shawn. You look at me and you see everything that you haven’t been able to do. Is it impressive that you’re running around with two titles? Hell yes, it is. Is it impressive that you managed to defend that TV title against me, even if you had to be a little bitch to do it. It’s impressive that you went straight from that much and then took that X-Title away from Caesar. But it drives you nuts that I’ve done the shit that you couldn’t do.

Shawn Summers: HA! What in the fuck have you ever done? You won a title that doesn’t even exist anymore because it didn’t mean shit to anyone and you couldn’t even hold onto it. The most important thing you’ve ever done in your goddamn career is not taking a title from me and winning a match that I gift wrapped for you. Do you know what you were before you came in contact with me? You were another guy on the roster. That’s it. You were a name that got put on the card early so people could buy their beer and take a piss while they waited for my match. I’m the name that people come to see. There are people all up and down the roster that didn’t matter until they stepped in a ring with me.

Tommy Bedlam: You mean people like Vampyra? That girl who beat you, took your title, and then you bitched out and ran to a lawyer? Hey slapnuts, I beat her. Or do you mean Mike Parr? The guy who conquered Shawn Summers. I beat him, too. Jesus Christ, Shawn, with a memory like yours, I can’t believe that you seem to have forgotten that I pinned your ass in El Paso.

Shawn Summers reaches up and loosens his tie, obviously growing uneasy at the words coming from Tommy.

Tommy Bedlam: You see, Shawn, you’re afraid of me because I’ve done the things that you couldn’t do inside the ring and on the outside. You walk around, acting like you’re so fucking confident. You’re a scared little bitch. You are petrified of losing your belts because without them, you’re just another name on the card. You hate seeing me and Randi, knowing that I’ve got a kid on the way because there isn’t a woman on earth who would put up with your bitch ass. You hate me because I beat people you can’t beat. You hate me because I fucking matter to someone other than myself.

Shawn Summers: That’s real cute, Cowboy. It’s real fucking sweet how “in love” the two of your inbred Texan morons are. You think these belts make Shawn Summers? Shut the fuck up. Even without these belts, people all around this world wanna know what Shawn Summers is doing next. My fucking name makes more of an impression on this world than your pathetic existence. You think I’m angry that you have a slut on your arm and a parasite growing inside her? Please! In the last 12 months, I’ve made people on this roster who aren’t worthy to drink my piss matter. Do you think people like you would be trending on Twitter if it wasn’t for me? These titles prove to the handful of holdout doubters who still exist that I am the best in the world at what I do. Cowboy, you can bet your ass that I’ll do anything to hold onto them. Anything. I’d sell my soul to the devil to hold onto these things. Hell, I’d kill to hold onto these titles because I know you want them. Without these titles, without my titles, you’re nothing but a Texas hick who got his dick wet and convinced an old man to give you a wrestling contract.

Todd Salum: Gentlemen, if I can interject. Mr. Summers, on Fallout 30, you told Tommy Bedlam that he had a chance at both of your titles in a Three Stages of Hell match. The first stage is for the TV title while the second stage is for the X Title. Mr. Summers, you promised that you would be announcing the stipulation for the third stage this week. Is there any news on that front?

Shawn Summers: As a matter of fact, Todd, there is. I'm glad Tommy decided he could join us tonight because I've thought long and hard about the best way to handle Stage Three. I wanted to see his face when I told him that the only way that he can have his shot at my titles is to put the thing that means more to him than anything else on the line in Stage Three. When I beat Tommy Bedlam in the last stage of the Three Stages of Hell match at Back in Business, he has to name that little bastard child of his...SHAWN.

The crowd lets out a gasp followed by a chorus of boos. Tommy Bedlam looks a bit distressed as he looks at someone off-camera, presumably Randi.

Todd Salum: Naming rights to a child on the line in a wrestling match?! I'm not sure we've ever seen that before. Tommy, do you have any...any response? Are you going to take Summers up on that challenge?

Tommy Bedlam: You know what, Todd. I’ve never been one to back down from a fight.

Todd Salum: No, no you haven't. But Mr. Summers is proposing a match that would have an impact not only on you, but also on Randi, and hell, even your unborn child.

Shawn Summers: Tommy, do you think you're ready to look at that little hell spawn that you've created every single fucking morning and say my name? Do you think you're ready to spend the rest of your life saying my name every time you call for that little creature? "Have a good day at school, SHAWN." "Be home by 11, SHAWN." "SHAWN! You need to come home. Your mama isn't doing real good, and I think we're gonna lose her." "SHAWN, I don't have much longer to live, sorry I was such a catastrophic disappointment of a father to you your entire life. Sorry I was no better than my dad. I hope you can forgive me, SHAWN." Are you ready to say all that?

Shawn Summers gets a devilish grin across his face as he waits for Tommy to agree to his conditions.

Todd Salum: Well, Tommy...the ball's in your court. The FWA fans are waiting for an answer.

Tommy Bedlam: And I’m gonna give you and every fan out there my answer…but not right now. No, Shawn. You get to wait. You get to wait and you get to wonder just like I did when I took Randi to the doctor to make sure that the baby was OK. You get to wait and you get to wonder just like I did when Rocco was getting checked out after you attacked him. So you’ll have your answer before this show ends tonight, but you’re not gonna get it right now. You may think the world is hanging on your next move, wondering what you’re gonna do next, but I don’t live on your time, Shawn.

Tommy gets up and walks away, leaving Shawn sitting in his chair seething.

Todd Salum: Well folks, we may have more questions than we have answers, but I have a feeling that we haven’t heard the last of Tommy Bedlam tonight.

Shawn Summers: Who the fuck does he think he is? Get this goddamn mic off me. Kill the camera.

navy.png

The Wildcard steps out on stage to the usual mixed reaction he’s become used to receiving. Randall looks out at the sea of fans as he stands on the stage before he marches down to the ring.

Natalie Rosenberg: ”The next contest is scheduled for one fall with a twenty-minute-time-limit! Introducing first, from San Diego, California and weighing in at 234 lb…he is The Wildcard…Jason Randall!”

Randall quickly enters the ring and he hastily tosses his vest aside. Randall begins to pace back and forth, showing some eagerness to get this match going…

Randall doesn’t have to wait long as Danny Toner’s music hits and the boos are at an all time high for Danny Toner, who makes his way out with some urgency in his step and without the usual flare and posturing from him.

Natalie Rosenberg: ”and his opponent, from New York City and weighing in at 208 lb…he is The Last Draw in the Sky…Danny…F’N…Toner!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”Danny Toner doesn’t seem to be his usual self tonight and there's a good reason for that.”

Allen Price: ”That’s because he got what was coming to him at the conclusion of the last Fallout when Ryan Rondo returned, and beat the living daylights out of Danny!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”That’s what I was alluding to Price. Toner will have to keep himself together if he wants to walk away with a win tonight, because he’s facing a man that holds a victory over him. It was nearly five years ago to the day at Back in Business XIII when Jason Randall defeated Danny Toner, and surely you can expect Randall would love to repeat that here tonight as we are closer to this year’s Back in Business.”

Toner is in the ring and he urges the referee to get this match started. Danny starts to look around at the fans and around the ring, perhaps searching for any signs of Ryan Rondo lurking about.

Toner-VRandall31.jpg

SECOND MATCH - 1/20
Jason Randall vs. Danny Toner.
Singles Match.
Match Writer: Jimmy.

DING! DING! DING!

<< 00:00 >>

Randall makes a beeline for Toner and starts to fire off lefts and rights to Danny, and Danny answers back with his own lefts and rights to Jason. Danny gains the upper hand on Jason and drills him with an uppercut! Danny throws Jason in the corner and strikes with more forearm strikes and then follows that up with some corner stomps! Danny takes Randall from the corner in a front facelock, but Danny spins Randall around and he goes for a german suplex but Randall manages to block that. Randall then spins out and behind Toner now where he shoves Toner sternum first into the corner! Toner bounces off that and right into the waiting arms of Randall, who hits Toner with a dragon suplex!

Toner is quick to get back on his knees but Randall is quicker on the exchange and drives several knee strikes straight to the dome! Randall lines up Toner in his sights and points a finger gun his way before going for the Kill-Shot, but Toner has the wherewithal to move out of the way and he quickly scoops up Randall from behind with a roll-up!

ONE…NO!

Randall rolls through and pops back up to his feet and he charges at Toner, who is back on his knees, and Toner avoids Randall and he clips Randall on the back of the leg! Randall drops down to a knee in an instant and clutches at his knee that’s in a brace, and he does his best to protect himself from stomps by Toner, who is targeting the knee with those brutal stomps!

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”That bum knee of Randall has come back to haunt him and Toner is keen on damaging it further. Danny could very well be softening it up for The Clincher if he continues to keep up the punishment.”

Randall is trying to crawl away but Toner is relentless with his stomps to that knee! Randall does make it to the ropes and he tries to bring himself up to a vertical base while Toner stalks him, but before Randall does anything, Toner pummels him against the ropes! Toner lights up Randall with repeated uppercuts with Randall essentially trapped in the ropes, unable to defend himself.

Allen Price: ”I wouldn’t be surprised if Danny was envisioning Ryan Rondo being on the receiving end of those strikes right now!”

Danny drags Randall away from the ropes before he sends Randall into the opposite end and catches him with a spinebuster off of the rebound!

<< 04:20 >>

Danny stalks Randall’s prone body and he drives down more stomps to the wounded knee before locking in a Boston crab submission hold! Danny wrenches back on the hold and Randall is doing everything in his power to not tap out…

”TAP OUT YOU DUMB SON OF A BITCH!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”Danny spitting vitriol at Randall but I’m afraid all that will do is fire up Randall more.”

Allen Price: ”You’re right about that JL, but knowing Danny he’ll probably relish in that!”

Randall tries to inch his way to the ropes but to no avail. Randall eventually musters up enough strength in his legs and flips Danny forward and forces him to relinquish the hold. Randall does his best to get back on his feet, albeit with a limp, and Toner is back on his feet but he’s taken down with a Thesz press from Randall! Randall lays into Danny with some wildly thrown punches! The crowd starts to show some support for Randall and Randall is feeling it now! He’s fired up and Danny has risen to his feet and he eats a discus backhand chop to the chest! Randall unleashes several more backhand chops, lighting up Toner’s chest in the process, and Danny is backed into the corner!

Allen Price: ”Randall has found that much needed second wind and he’s not holding anything back!”

Randall lays into Danny with corner stomps before he drags Danny out of the corner, and Randall nails Danny with a ripcord lariat! Randall keeps hold of Danny though and levels him with another ripcord lariat! Randall now has Danny where he wants him…Mercy Rule! Hammerlock lariat on Danny and Randall drops down for the pin!

ONE…TW - - NO!

<< 08:16 >>

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”Randall had pulled out all of the stops and just when it looked like he was closing in on victory, Toner showed his resilience to stay alive!”

Allen Price: ”I think that might have been his one chance too, JL.”

Randall thought he had it in the bag but he does his best to maintain his composure and continues on. He starts to line up Danny in his sights and he charges at Danny in hopes to hit the Hail Mary cutter on Danny, but Danny shoves him away before pulling him back into a rear waistlock and Danny drops him with a bridging german suplex!

ONE…TWO…NO!

Danny isn’t deterred by this though and he has Randall locked in his sights…The Equalizer! Danny isn’t through yet and he drags Randall to the center of the ring and he locks in The Clincher! Danny wrenches back and shows no signs of relenting and Randall has no choice but to tap!

Winner: Danny Toner by submission at 09:33.

Natalie Rosenberg: ”The winner of the match…Danny…F’N…Toner!”

Danny releases the hold and doesn’t even stay in the ring to have his arm raised, instead he opts to exit the ring and head to the back while Randall is checked on by the referee.

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”Randall showed tremendous resolve but that knee of his would not let it come to be, and Danny has walked away the victor.”

Allen Price: ”He’s not even staying to celebrate and gloat! Does he have somewhere he needs to be?! Boy, Rondo must really have him rattled!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”I understand from some representatives of Danny Toner that we can expect to hear an announcement from him at some juncture in the next week - maybe then we will get his thoughts on Ryan Rondo’s explosive return. Now we must be heading to a brief ad break, more action on the way wrestling fans!

navy.png

Fallout returns from an ad break and Jason Randall is still in the ring, well he’s leaned up against the ropes to hold himself up after his knee took considerable damage by Danny Toner just moments ago. Randall is not alone though as he’s joined by Death Walker along with Dark Guardian and XYZ. Death Walker remains expressionless while Guardian scowls at Randall, and XYZ is rather emotionless as well.

Todd Salum is in the ring too, as well as a table for the contract signing. Todd has a microphone in hand as he approaches Randall.

Jason Randall: ”Todd, I know you’re just a messenger, but you’ve been around for a long time so you should know by now how these things go so…”

Todd takes the hint and leaves the microphone with Randall before hastily exiting the ring. Randall glances at XYZ and then glances over at Death Walker and Dark Guardian. Randall looks over at the contract on the table and then twirls the microphone in his hand before he speaks.

Jason Randall: ”Now, before I sign this paper, there’s some things I want to say. There’s some things I’ve been needing to get off my chest ever since this whole thing between us started…”

Randall has turned his attention toward Death Walker and Dark Guardian.

Jason Randall: ”You know, ever since you’ve stepped foot in this company it seems as though you’ve had it out for me. I don’t know what your problem is but you’ve been a pain in my ass ever since you arrived, and as much as I’ve enjoyed kicking your ass when I’ve had the chance, at the same time I’ve had just about enough of you.”

“You try to take me out? That’s fine, but guess what? I’m still here. You’re not the first man in FWA that’s tried to end my career, and I can bet that you certainly won’t be the last. It’s like that 50 Cent song where he says ‘Many men, wish death upon me’, and many men have wished death upon me. Better men than you have tried but just like you they’ve all failed.”

“Kayden Knox tried to end my career by caving my skull in and robbing me of my eye sight but I’m still here. Vincent Blackbird, WOLF, Chris Kennedy, Tommy Bedlam, Shawn Summers, Konchu Hao, Danny Toner, Alyster Black, Jeffry Mason, hell, even the great Michelle von Horrowitz has tried and I’m still here. All of them have tried but they didn’t succeed. They couldn’t finish the job and when it’s all said and done after Back in Business, well, I can say the same for you.”

Randall limps over to get face-to-face with Death Walker.

Jason Randall: ”You might have him rattled and you might have everyone in the back on edge but you don’t scare me. How can I be scared of a man that can’t even speak for himself? I know you’re going to beat my ass, it’s inevitable, but I’ll also beat your ass and I’ll beat his ass too.”

Randall turns his attention to XYZ now.

Jason Randall: ”What I just said to him can apply to you as well. I know that you’re not one for petty fighting but I want you to know that I don’t care whether I have to go through him or go through you to get what I want. Not only do I want gold around my waist again, but I want my Back in Business moment, and there’s nothing that either of you can do to stop me.”

Now that Jason Randall has finished talking and signed the contract for the Number 1 Contender Triple Threat match, The Dark Guardian pulls out his own microphone. He raises it to his mouth and the arena erupts in loud boos for the hooded stranger before he even gets a word out. So The Dark Guardian takes a few seconds before he speaks…

The Dark Guardian: “...You know, Mr. Randall I couldn’t help but notice that your posture is somewhat skewed… I mean from your usual hunchback poise. What happened to you? Did you pull a muscle? Slipped and fell? Perhaps you’ve... had a terrible run-in with some… Dark Clouds… or, just maybe you've just been having the toughest times… fighting with a… certain demon. Hmmm?”

The crowd cranks up their disapproving noise to express how they're feeling about the tasteless jabs. Now sporting a smirk on the lower half of his face, The Dark Guardian continues to add more insult to injury…

The Dark Guardian: “But don't fret, you're not the first… and you're definitely not the last… to fall to such… ‘unforeseen misfortune’.”

The jeers from most of the fans in attendance become background noise for the smug speaker. But leaving no time for a rebuttal, he goes on as his demon and Lord stands besides him staring menacingly at Jason Randall…

The Dark Guardian: “But enough about what has already happened, time to talk about what is GOING TO happen. As much as you believe it is your destiny to become the next FWA X Champion, neither you nor X… Y… Z… are not ready for that type of pressure. The Death Walker has proven this time and time again whether in matches with him or… our… we’ll just call them, ‘chitchats’. Since the day that Darius Wright returned to the business as a new breed of creature, he’s been ripping through the natural order of this company. Is there much more to be done? Yes… and time will play its part in our favor. And now with the creation of Death… Walker… and we're focused on current tasks at hand, the next step is to hold gold AGAIN! This is not just a good rookie fresh out of one of those developmental programs, HE’S A FORMER WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!!! Not just in professional wrestling either, MULTIPLE FORMS OF COMBAT! Is he new around here? To most… and he’s familiar to a few that now work here. However, anytime that somebody has counted him out, played him as some type of practical joke, they have paid dearly in due time. Death Walker’s curse slowly injects its poison into those who defy The Dark Traveler. Yeah, so we are in no rush, gentlemen. We are just simply taking OUR TIME to do things differently and smarter than we ever could. On this journey to be champion, we will prove once again to the masses that darkness will remain relevant… and darkness… will consume each and every soul here in the FWA. So with that said, I’ll wrap this up with the nicest thing that you all might EVER witness me saying… and that is… BEST OF LUCK!”

The Dark Guardian slams the microphone onto the mat and snatches up the FWA contract for the match at Back in Business. Then he looks over the fine print for a while as Death begins to growl while keeping his eyes locked intensely on Randall. The mentor shouts at his favorite protégé without a mic…

“It's okay, My Lord… Just checking the paperwork before you sign it! You may sign it, My Lord!”

The Dark Traveler grabs the fountain pen that his dark guardian held up. Within a matter of two seconds and eyes still on Randall, the demon scrawls some sort of signature (most likely just his initials) across the paper held by his most trusted disciple, The Dark Guardian. Then the evil monster tosses both the pen and contract behind him at the commentary area without diverting his eye contact.

“Things are about to change around here real soon, children! You’ll see!”

And with that said, The Dark Guardian holds back his ill-mannered freak as they proceed to back up carefully towards the ropes and exit the ring.

Now that Death Walker and Jason Randall have signed the contract and spoken, XYZ walks up to the table, grabs the pen, and inks his name to the legal document. It's official: XYZ, Death Walker, and Jason Randall at Back in Business in a number one contendership match for the highly coveted X Championship. The three men who have been at odds for weeks will finally "have it out", with a prize for the winner.

XYZ, though, has something to say. He asks for and receives the microphone, then turns to the captivated audience.

"The rooster asked the elephant, 'Why are you so sad, elephant?' And the elephant, without hesitating, said, 'I am sad because sadness is an emotion worth feeling.' The rooster was not content with this answer, so he asked in a different way, 'Elephant, what makes you sad?' The elephant, without hesitating, answered, "What makes me sad is obsolete. The events that make us feel emotions ... they are fleeting.' Then, a 4-year-old chimpanzee walked by the elephant and the rooster, and the chimpanzee said, 'I had chocolate one day.' And suddenly, the elephant was happy. The rooster thought to ask the elephant why he went from sad to happy, but then he remembered the things that make us feel emotions ... they are fleeting.

So, as we set our sails for the Business where Back is in, and as we set our sterns for the X Championship, I ask you little lanyards, Jason Randall and Walker of Death, where will your sun grow amid the blooming thorns? Or, where will your wind blow beneath the snake-filled corn? And if you have no answer, then is your answer just an event that makes us feel, or is it the emotion driving you to here and beyond?

I know my answers, because in every dream, there is a question and an answer. And the dream ...

never ...

dies."

XYZ places the microphone back down on the table and he turns around right into a sucker punch from Randall!

Allen Price: "Randall doesn't want to wait until Back in Business! He's getting things started right now!"

Randall lays into XYZ in the corner with stomps and kicks!

Allen Price: "Death Walker is back in the ring now and that can't be good for Randall or XYZ!"

Randall senses Death Walker's presence and he looks over at his bitter enemy...

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Death Walker and The Wildcard just shared a look that can't mean anything good for XYZ..."

Randall irish whips XYZ out of the corner into the waiting arms of Death Walker...HELL'S FURY THROUGH THE TABLE!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Death Walker just sent XYZ crashing through the table with that nasty spinebuster of his!"

Allen Price: "Does this mean Death Walker and Randall are on the same page for now?!"

Death Walker and Randall look down at XYZ before looking back at each other and the two of them start brawling! Trading lefts and rights until clothesline from Death Walker sends both men toppling over the ropes to the outside, and the fight continues as officials arrive on the scene to attempt to break it up while XYZ is checked on by medical personnel inside of the ring...

Jean-Luc Watkins: "There's the answer to your question, Price. Things are from over between Death Walker, XYZ, and Randall and it all comes to a head at Back in Business. More action is on the way wrestling fans, so stay tuned!"

navy.png

Natalie Rosenberg: “The following contest is scheduled for one fall with a 20 minute time-limit!”

The Mexico crowd give a loud cheer as the theme music to the rejuvenated Lizzie Rose plays. The lights dance around the arena as Lizzie Rose makes her way out, showing her first real smile in months. She does a small dance on the stage before getting down to business, making her way to the ring.

Natalie Rosenberg: “Introducing first, from Brooklyn, New York, she is The Rave… Lizzie ROOOOOSE!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Finally, after months of torment, Lizzie’s struggles with Eternal seem to be coming to head at Back in Business, if she survives tonight.”

Allen Price: “Eternal has almost always had tricks up their sleeve. Nova tonight. Keres in a stipulation they say will be revealed imminently. They subjected Lizzie to mental torment I don’t think anyone has ever done to Lizzie before. But as we can see tonight, she’s seemingly finding her old self again!”

Lizzie high-fives some of the fans down on the way to the ramp, enjoying the company of her fans who, honestly, were the reason she was able to snap out of whatever mental spell Keres and Princess Nova had on her. She runs around the ring and slides onto the apron. She takes a deep breath before stepping into the ring and going to one of the turnbuckles.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “I’m going to argue that this isn’t even the ‘old Lizzie.’ This is a Lizzie Rose that may be growing up and blossoming into a genuine competitor in front of our eyes.”

Allen Price: “I hate to give Eternal credit, but they put Lizzie through hell, saying they wanted to not just recruit her, but make her a better version of herself. Thankfully, she saw the light, but they did accomplish the latter in a roundabout way.”

Getting to the middle of the ring, Lizzie’s smile fades as her theme music is replaced by-

The Mexico crowd erupt in jeers as the dramatic opening to Princess Nova’s theme song ‘Imaginary,’ with the lights of the arena having a violet hue. Walking out, Princess Nova doesn’t have her normal huge grin as she drags her fluffy long skirt behind her. She curtsies on the ramp, bowing her head.

Natalie Rosenberg: ”And her opponent, representing Eternal. Originally from Vancouver, British Columbia, now residing in The Residence, she is the TORN Angel… Princess Nova!”

Princess Nova looks up at Lizzie in the ring and, on her face, genuine heart-ache.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Why do I have a feeling Princess Nova has crocodile tears?”

Allen Price: “This woman is hard to read. She seemed heartbroken after Lizzie cracked their gift over her head on Fallout. But anything can be part of a ploy for Eternal. You seemingly have them beat? They are three steps ahead.”

Walking slowly down the ramp, Princess Nova looks forward at Lizzie Rose. Their eyes meet and they both seem to have the same idea. Nova unclips her skirt and takes off her tiara and Lizzie slides out of the ring and makes a run at it to Princess Nova!

Jean-Luc Watkins: “-They’re not waiting for the bell!”

The fans erupt as they begin to exchange punches and forearms on the ramp! Lizzie has had it with the mind-games. She doesn’t want to risk it. She’s taking Princess Nova out NOW, but the TORN Angel seems to be welcoming that challenge!

Allen Price: “If we want this match to happen, the official needs to get control of this now!”

The referee heads out of the ring and goes towards the fighting. Lizzie Rose pushes Nova into the barricade as he gets between the two women. Lizzie tries to get around him, but he tries his best to separate the rivals, and Nova uses it as a chance to leap over for a cheap shot and now she is in control!

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Fat chance, Price.”

Heading to ringside, Princess Nova presses Lizzie’s back against the barricade. She repeatedly shouts. “How could you!? We wanted to help!” to Lizzie, tears practically in her eyes while she has her gloved hand on her throat. Lizzie scratches and claws, pushing Nova off her. She throws a punch which is ducked and it nails the official in the face!

Allen Price: “Knockout punch on the referee!”

Lizzie, realizing her mistake, looks down at the official who is in a daze. Nova reaches in her knee pad and pulls something out. She puts her hands near her face, but that is all the cameras see. Turning her attention back to the psychotic princess, Lizzie pulls Nova off the mat and attempts to throw her into the ring post, but Princess Nova blocks it-

And pulls her in for a kiss!

Jean-Luc Watkins: “There’s that Kiss of Death from Princess Nova, again!”

Allen Price: “Seriously, what’s in those lipsticks!? Whatever it is, I don't think should be legal!”

Lizzie fights the kiss but by the time she breaks off, its effects have already taken effect. Looking at Nova's face, her pink lipstick is smeared as Lizzie Rose stumbles around as if she’s intoxicated, in a fog.

Allen Price: “One kiss from Nova, and Lizzie’s on weak legs.”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “I’ve heard of some women capable of doing that with a kiss, but I never imagined literally.”

Princess Nova has a sick grin on her face. She adjusts her glove and puts on a Mandible Claw on Lizzie Rose!

Allen Price: “And there’s the Queen’s Hand!”

Lizzie Rose flails her arms, trying to fight out, but Nova has her jaw gripped, fingers on the nerves under her tongue, a paralyzing hold. Princess Nova pushes Lizzie onto the apron. Lizzie slowly fades and the TORN Angel pushes her in the ring. To a chorus of jeers.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Ladies and gentlemen, I’m not sure if this match will go as scheduled.”

Allen Price: “Referee’s down. Lizzie’s dazed.”

Catching her breath on the outside, Nova looks at Lizzie Rose and has a twisted grin on her face, her dark hair partially covering her face. She walks around the ring and grabs a microphone.

She leans on the edge of the ring as Lizzie Rose slowly comes to her senses partially after the mandible claw.

Princess Nova: “This… Isn’t about a win or a loss tonight. This is about the retribution of two women who you broke the hearts of. You hurt me like nobody else has. I wanted you to experience the same joys I did. But you made a mistake. But it isn't’ too late.”

The fans boo her. Lizzie blinks, looking at Nova. The Princess puts her finger on her head.

Princess Nova: “You already have a seed in your head. We already won there. It is just the matter of finding the right place to nurture it and grow it. The garden of your future… Keres. Do your work.”

Lizzie struggles to her feet as we hear over the speakers a familiar-

Snap.

And the lights go out, only leaving a spotlight on Lizzie. She looks around and after a few moments… The lights turn on and the ring is surrounded by over t a dozen masked figures. All of which are wearing raven masks and either wearing suits or dresses.

Allen Price: “Dear… God”

Several of them get on the apron with tools in their hands. And they begin to unscrew the turnbuckles.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Are they taking apart the ropes!? WE HAVE AN ENTIRE SHOW!”

Lizzie gives a side-eye as the ropes and turnbuckles flop down with the ropes lying on the floor.

Princess Nova: “Look up…”

The lights towards the scoreboard of the arena turn on, and we get a look… at a very unique steel cage.

Allen Price: “Is that a steel cage!?”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “I don’t think that’s a normal looking cage…”

Lizzie Rose looks at the cage as it slowly lowers to the ring. The camera's zoom and we, woken within the steel links of the cage vines and thorns… mixed in with sharp barbed-wire.

Allen Price: “A barbed-wire wrapped cage!?”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “I- I think I have an idea… What this match is, and- it's not good for Lizzie.”

Nova gets on the microphone as the cage continues to lower.

Princess Nova: “Let me explain. At Back in Business, you and my sister will be locked in her mother’s second greatest creation. A barbed-wire wrapped cage. No ropes. No gloves, with plenty of weapons to play with.”

The camera looks farther up and there is a wooden platform around the top of the cage, hooks are on it for various weapons at the top of the cage, with barbed-wire wrapping the rails of the platform.

Allen Price: “This cage looks barbaric! I question the sanity of whoever made something like this!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “And I don’t think the greenery helps!”

Lizzie’s eyes are fixated on the cage in her future. Nova explains further.

Princess Nova: “The only way this ends is when you are broken physically or mentally. A knockout, or surrender by shouting I Quit, or submitting if you are unable to. Welcome to the place where you will either blossom into the wonder woman we see in you-”

Lizzie looks at Nova as the cage is nearing the ring. She’d make a run for it, but with the ring surrounded by Eternal’s “followers” she can’t make a run for it. She doesn’t notice, slowly sliding in the ring behind her-

Keres.

Princess Nova: “-Or where you will be buried in. Welcome to the Garden of Eden!”

Clink

That is the sound of the cage settling in place against the apron, creating an inescapable prison, not too dissimilar to the one Eternal has created in the fractured mind of Lizzie Rose.

Keres: “Be not afraid.”

The sound of Keres’ voice hits Lizzie’s ears and causes her to go cold, going against the words of the Daughter of Demise just a second before.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Lizzie is frozen with fear, and with Keres behind her, I don’t think standing still is such a good idea.”

Allen Price: “Well wouldn’t you be terrified too? After all that she’s put her through?”

Lizzie Rose turns around to look in the dead, focused, and steely eyes of her tormentor. She breathes heavily as a result of a mix of the altercation with Nova and the unknown standing in front of her.

Lizzie Rose: “Afraid?”

The ice in Lizzie’s veins begins to melt and her blood starts to boil. The idea of being afraid of these two women goes against how she sees herself. The girl from the tough streets of Brooklyn, the girl that’s been through it all in the FWA and survived- who do these two Eternal pains in the ass think they are?!

Lizzie Rose: “I’M NOT AFRAID OF YOU!”

Lizzie Rose balls her fist, rears back, and with every muscle in her arm, shoulder, hand, hips, and leg acting as one, sends her balled fist directly into the face of Keres, landing flush on her cheek!

Jean-Luc Watkins: “There we go Lizzie! Take it to that demon child!”

Allen Price: “Wait, don’t get too excited there, look at Keres!”

Keres turns her head to look back at Lizzie but also shows her freshly-punched cheek to the camera. The spot Lizzie’s hand landed has left a wound on the face of the ruler of the TORN Universe, a gash that has started a stream of blood down her face. Keres puts on a devilish smile and licks the blood that has made its way down to her lips.

Lizzie Rose: “Crap-”

Keres: “Yes, you are.”

Keres lunges at Lizzie, tackling her down to the ground and grabbing a handful of hair. Lizzie struggles and turns onto her stomach to avoid taking any shots to the face.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “A hair-pulling cat fight is not the type of thing I thought we’d see in a brawl with these two!”

Allen Price: “That’s not just hair-pulling! This is only a TASTE of what to expect at Back in Business. There will be weapons involved, blood everywhere.”

Keres is indeed yanking on the hair of Lizzie Rose, but she’s using it to choke her! Lizzie’s hair is wrapped around her own neck and her face is turning red… but that red is rage, as she manages to turn Keres onto her back and just begins laying in punch after punch to whatever part of Keres’ skull isn’t being blocked. The girl from Brooklyn is absolutely wailing on Keres, who is laying there and taking it… with a smile?

Lizzie slows down her offense and stares at Keres as she laughs, confused by the image before her. Keres, blood covering her face and in her mouth is maniacally laughing after taking a beating from Lizzie. Lizzie gets up off of Keres and backs away.

Keres: “I thought you weren’t afraid, Elizabeth?... That was a real rave, now how about we drop the beat?”

Keres once again rushes Lizzie, but this time she presses her into the wall of the barbed-wire cage! Her clothing takes the brunt of the damage, ripping the fabric on her back along with a small bit of her flesh. She drops face first to the mat at the feet of Keres. She squats down beside Lizzie’s head and grabs a hold of her hair, leaning in close to her ear. The camera gets close to them as well to pick up their audio.

Keres: “That is nothing. Our match… this structure… will either be your grave or your salvation. I’ve already won either way… But the choice is yours, Elizabeth Rose.”

With that, Keres slams Lizzie’s head into the mat and stands tall. She snaps her fingers and the lights in the arena shut off. On the big screen at the stage and image of a rose staff sparkles and drips with water and blood…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Lizzie Rose. Keres. FWA's first ever Garden of Eden match. Lizzie Rose enters Eternal's domain."

Allen Price: "And, honestly. I don't think Lizzie will ever be the same again..."

The arena lights shut off again. As we cut to commercial.

navy.png

We cut to the backstage area and pick up on the Connection, who are walking down a corridor with their rucksacks on their backs and (noticeably) no championship belts around their waists. Both of them look glum, and it is beyond doubt that this is because each of them are preparing themselves for a showdown with Jon Snowmantashi. Michelle’s is still a month away, but she looks no less anxious about the prospect.

MvH: “You’re sure? No Uncle? Harry or Quiet or the Maid?”

Gerald Grayson: “Just you. That’s all I want out there. And even then, I don’t want you to get involved. I understand why you’d want to be there, but tonight is my challenge. You get yours next month. Besides, Harry and Quiet have their own match tonight. The rest of them can focus their attention on that.”

Dreamer nods as the pair get to her dressing room. She doesn’t offer a verbal response.

Gerald Grayson: “I’ll catch up with you later. I heard they got paella there.”

MvH: “Mexican paella. It’s not the same.”

Gerald Grayson: ”Good enough for me.”

With that, Grayson walks away from his partner. She watches him leave, apprehensive and pensive. She sighs before opening the door…

SURPRISE-!

An explosion of sound exploded as soon as MVH opened the door; her dressing room seemed to be invaded with all manners of strangers wearing brightly coloured party hats and grasping red solo cups, which they all raised in honour of MVH as soon as she entered the room, She has just walked into a swinging party, and judging by the massive banner that hung in the centre of the room decrying the legend "Michelle Von Bye-a-Witz" it seems to be a party in her honour, her ears are assaulted with the sounds of Ann Margret blasting over a makeshift sound system.

MVH was no doubt confused; what the hell was happ-

"THERE SHE IS."

Ah, now it made sense, as coming out from the crowd of people was the familiar sight clad in pink blond blue eyed and unhinged vision of FWA Hall of Famer and MVH's oldest rival, the ever-unpredictable Bell Connelly.

Bell Connelly: "Ya didn't think I'll let your last night with us go without me, did cha? What do you think? Bitchi' right? Even though this whole thing does give me a weird sense of deja vu- The Beyonce kind. Not the 2006 Denzel Washington kind...GUYS, DOES ANYONE HAVE A BLUE RAY OF DEJA-VU STARRING DENZEL WASHINGTON?! WE GOTTA WATCH IT BEFORE MICHELLE LEAVES"

Bell calls out to the crowd, trying to make herself heard over the party sounds before turning back to Michelle.

Bell Connelly: "Ok, ok, I know what you're thinking, no, you don't know anyone here...but you and...y'know...friends...they don't really go together, do they? OH, OH, we could always invite your pet puppy in here. HERE GERALD, HERE BOY, COME ON GET A TREAT AND SOME BELLY RUBS! WHO'S A GOOD BOY?! "

Michelle smiles. It's for two reasons. Firstly, there's an edge of condescension about it: not quite a smirk but getting close to it. She seems to think the lack of originality quite beneath her. Secondly, a large part of her is pleased to see this woman. It's been some time.

MvH: "Gerald has his own locker room. But you're here in mine."

She steps back into the corridor, taking Connelly by the wrist and dragging her out there with her. She yanks the door closed behind her, the sounds of the party muffled to near-silence. Michelle's requests for her locker room to be sound-proofed in every arena the FWA goes to comes in handy, yet again.

MvH: "Bell... tulip... it's good to see you. This is an emotional night, and seeing you makes it more so. It might not be Meltdown, but... well, I guess you know better than anyone. Why are you here?"

Bell seemed bemused by the question, as if awed by it for a moment; she looked up at the heavens and blew out her cheeks as if preparing herself.

Bell Connelly: "Ok, not going to lie- that's a BIG question, but I'll give it a shot...ok, let's see...well first, the universe was in a very dense hot and dense state, from where it began rapidly expanding, which led to a cooling process and-"

Suddenly Bell stopped

Bell Connelly: "OHHH. You mean, why I'm here, in this arena? Not on this planet? Oh yeah, no, that makes more sense. Isn't that obvious? To say goodbye. Good luck and Toodle-oh. I mean, you didn't think I'd miss this, did you? Your last stand. Gotta admit I had hoped I'D be the one to take you out, but...hey-ho can't have everything, right? I couldn't say goodbye to Shannon or Gabby, so once you go, I'm the only pillar left standing...Does that make me sad? or happy...I can't really tell..."

Bell trails off to herself before shaking her head.

Bell Connelly: "I mean, if we're being honest, we both knew you'd go out like an ancient Greek tragic hero. Icarus flying too close to the sun....A victim of that big ol' ego of yours. It's a shame, really, you could have been beautiful, but you just can't let any slight or any failure go. You'd rather risk your whole career than admit Jon Snowmantashi has your number; now that's just tragic."

Bell shakes her head as she takes a step closer to her old foe.

Bell Connelly: "Have you ever considered the nature of insanity? The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting to get a different result...I wonder what that says about you. That's pretty much the blueprint of your career, eh?" Let's say you do beat Jon Snowmantashi. What then? Do you think that will make you happy? Fill that big ol' soul-shaped hole deep down in your Michelle Von Tumness. I think we both know you'll just end up heartbroken. A dog chases a car, not because they want to catch it but because they want to run. RUFF. RUFF."

Bell suddenly starts barking.

Bell Connelly: "If you catch the car, Michelle, where do you go from there? What IS MVH without a machine to rail against?"

Bell tilts her head as if to invite an answer.

MvH: “There’s always more cars. Always more holes.”

Bell shrugs.

Bell Connelly: "You know what? I'll leave that with you. Right now. I got a gift for you…”

Bell pats herself down, with a slight frown on her face, as she goes through her pockets, pulling out several items and dumping them on the floor, including a half-eaten candy bar. Hand fulls of loose glitter. A signed picture of Cindi Larper. a kazoo. An origami swan. More glitter. A Tamagotchi...until finally...

Bell Connelly: "There we go."

And Bell pulls out what looks like a signed ten-by-ten picture of a battered-looking Bell Connelly standing over a bloodied and broken MVH in a ring with her hand being raised.

Bell Connelly: "Ah, treasured memories. Now you can tell people as you get old and grey, I actually wrestled B to the E to the Double L.

“I know what you're thinking...

"You're welcome.”

MVH looks like she wants to say something, but Bell raises a forefinger to stop her.

Bell Connelly: "Welp. This has been fun. This has been real, it's been really fun, but I gotta go, y'know, stop sign 3 put out a challenge gotta deal with that...Gotta continue inspiring the next generation of lady talent. That Trixie...Blond..with a heart of gold? Who does that remind you of? I wonder...if Princess Nova is a Disney Princess..what does that make me? Sure the outfit is a little over the top..but who I'm I to judge? Food for thought. Look for me in the front row at BIB; I'll be the one with a big tub of popcorn laughing my ass off."

The grin on Bell's face drops as a sudden serious vibe overcomes her.

"Before I go, I need to do something...something very important...Something I might not have the chance to do ever again..."[/b][/color]

Bell moves up on MVH...standing close...

Standing...uncomfortable close...

Awkward silence.....

....and then Bell presses her forefinger against MVH's nose

"BOOP-!"

And with that, in a blur of pink, Bell Connelly glides away like the near magical imp that she is. Michelle is left alone at her locker room door.

MvH: ”What a prick.”

navy.png

The lights go off as the music starts playing, a spotlight on the stage. A moment later, Jackson Fenix and Nate Savage walk out onto the stage, a mixed reaction emanating around the arena as they do. A few moments later, Xperienx Xtacee appears between them, the three sharing glances before XX leads the way to the ring.

Natalie Rosenberg: "The following is a trios contest scheduled for one-fall, with a twenty minute time limit! Introducing first: the team of Xperienx Xtacee, Jackson Fenix, and Nate Savage… Undisputed Xperienx!!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Here comes an unexpected trio, and one that - without anything else scheduled for Mexico City's Back in Business - is eyeing a taste of gold in the form of the FWA Trios Championships."

Allen Price: "There's no denying the pedigree, at least as far as the Undisputed Alliance is concerned. They're former multiple tag team champions already, and Nate Savage a former X champion to boot. Throw in the peculiar and unpredictable Xperienx Xtacee and this threesome could be a force to be reckoned with in that battle royale."

As the UA and XX climb into the ring, the camera cuts to their opponents, who are standing in their corner and discussing last minute strategy.

Natalie Rosenberg: "And their opponents, already in the ring: Mike Stand, In-Sync, and the Backstreet Boy…. the Bad Boys Boy Band!"

The three men pose for the crowd, garnering some boos in the process. Xtacee's music fades out and, after the referee conducts his final checks on all six men, it is decided that it will be Jackson and Mike to start things off. The official calls for the bell.

Trios31.jpg

FOURTH MATCH - 1/20
The Undisputed Xperienx (Jackson Fenix, Nate Savage and Xperienx Xtacee vs. The Bad Boys Boy Band (The Backstreet Boy, In-Sync and Mike Stand).
Trios Match.
Match Writer: SS.

The two circle the ring, looking to bring it together with a collar and elbow, but Jackson changes tact at the last second and connects with a kick to the gut, then a forearm, then a snap suplex! A vocal majority cheer Jackson on as he hoists Mike to his feet and backs him into the ropes with knife edge chops. He tries to whip him into the opposite set, but Mike Stand reverses and senda Jackson charging instead. Fenix hits the ropes… where In-Sync is waiting with a kick to the back!! Fenix's momentum is stalled, and Mike knocks him over with a shoulder block!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Tag to the Backstreet Boy is made as In-Sync gets a telling off from the official for getting involved in this one…"

Allen Price: "Not surprised. Those guys are bad news. Trust me."

Price doesn't go any further than that. Meanwhile, in the ring, Mike and Backstreet Boy stand on either side of Jackson, each applying a front facelock and then taking Jackson over with a double suplex! Backstreet Boy then proceeds to lock on a side headlock, but Fenix showcases his resilience by fighting up to his knees and then his feet. BB still has his headlock applied but, after thrusting a few elbows up into his midsection, Jackson Fenix wraps his arms around the Backstreet Boy’s waist and hoists him over with a side suplex!

Into the ring comes In-Sync, but he’s met by a big clothesline from Nate Savage, cutting him off at the pass! Mike Stand is also through the ropes and charging at Jackson – but doesn’t see Xperienx Xtacee…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Hurricanrana from XX! All six men are in the ring, the referee struggling to gain control…"

Indeed, the official forces Nate and XX to vacate the ring, In-Sync and Mike Stand rolling beneath the bottom rope and onto the apron of their own accord. Meanwhile, Jackson lifts the Backstreet Boy to his feet by the scruff of his neck and hits a Saito suplex! Fenix with the cover…

ONE… TWO… T – NO!

Kickout from the Backstreet Boy! Fenix slaps on a hammer lock, attempting to wear his opponent down…

<< 05:12. >>

UX has In-Sync sundered in their corner in a seated position, with both Jackson and Xperienx in the ring and alternating between gyrating their hips and laying into In-Sync with stomps. The official is reprimanding the pair of them, telling Jackson (the illegal man) to get back to the apron, but the pairing seem more interested in shaking their hips. It’s only when the official starts a five count that they finally show some urgency, with Xperienx tagging in Nate and then - after a few more stomps and a few more hip thrusts - the two climb onto the apron. Savage backs away from the corner…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Cannonball Savage squishes In-Sync against the turnbuckles! He drags him into position and hooks the far leg…"

ONE… TWO… T – NO!

The Backstreet Boy is in with a boot to the back of the head to break up the count! But he can’t follow up – Xperienx nails him with a dropkick! BB stumbles backwards and out through the ropes, but Mike Stand is in to knock Xtacee over with a clothesline… only for Jackson to superkick his head off!

Allen Price: "SUPERKICK ME BABY ONE MORE TIME!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "And a suicide dive to follow! Jackson takes out the Backstreet Boy on the outside!"

Meanwhile, in the ring, Nate Savage has his focus on In-Sync. First, he hoists him up in a pumphandle position and nails him with a neckbreaker!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "I get the impression that Savage could finish this one here… if he wanted to."

Allen Price: "But he doesn’t seem to! Nate is directing traffic, with his tag partner Jackson ascending the turnbuckles whilst Xperienx waits in position."

Savage drags In-Sync up and throws him towards XX…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Educated Feet! XX connects with a spinning wheel kick!"

Allen Price: "Knocking In-Synch directly into Nate Savage… who pops him up…"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "POWERBOMB! And a meteora for Jackson Fenix! I think he’s dead!"

Allen Price: "Count to a hundred!"

ONE… TWO… THREE!

WInner: Undisputed Xperienx via pinfall at 08:00.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Three will do!"

Natalie Rosenberg: "Here are your winners… THE UNDISPUTED XPERIENX!"

The three men in the ring allow their hands to be lifted, Nate the first to snatch his away from the official. The referee focuses his attention on rolling In-Sync out of the ring, where he is collected by his teammates and helped up the ramp.

Allen Price: "A perfect start for life as a team for Xperienx Xtacee and the Undisputed Alliance, building momentum ahead of the trios title battle royale at Back in Business."

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Not the result that the Bad Boys Boy Band would’ve wanted tonight, but a clear message from Undisputed Xperienx to the rest of the trios division. This group could be wearing gold sooner rather than later…"

We fade out as Undisputed Xperienx celebrate their win in the ring.

navy.png

Jean-Luc Watkins: Well, we're taking a bit of an interlude now to remind you of the Back In Business blender pre show match, which will see Cosmic Discord Wrestling vs New Generation wrestling; we've already seen that Sting Ray will be representing CDW and tonight, apparently NGW General manager hall of famer Bell Connelly has selected NGW's representative and we'll be hearing from them momentarily.”

Allen Price: "Well, the thing about that is-"

"Tear the roof off. We're going to tear the roof off the sucker, tear the roof off the sucker."

Confusion hits the arena as a very retro yet groovy beat hits the sound system, and after a few beats, a man walks out and becomes INSTANTLY the worst-dressed person in FWA history, wearing Sequenced pants covered in glitter with animal print with so many clashing colours, wearing sunglasses and an anxiously big fedora hat perched on his head. He looks delighted as he dances and walks down the ramp as a nameplate appears on the screen that bears the legend "FUNKY FEDORA."

As the fans give the NGW stalwart a...muted reaction, Fedora continues to funk his way down to the ring; in fact, he does it increasingly slowly. Taking his sweet time. Talking up himself and dances before he gets to the end of the ramp and looks for a moment like he's about to get into the ring as his music fades out, having spent the last few minutes hot-doggin' and grandstanding so much that the music pans out.....and then...

Tear the roof off...we gonna tear the roof off... the sucker...tear the roof off the sucker.

And the music starts up again as Funky Fedora takes a turn to the left, avoiding the ring altogether as he does his FUNKY strut around the ring, slowly strutting around the ring to the beat of the song as he rounds the ring, doing laps of it...

Again...

And again...

And again...

At first, the crowd was mildly bemused by this, but the more this drags on, the louder the boos get, not that Funky Fedora seems to notice; he's having a whale of a time...as once again, the song ends, and finally, Funky Fedora gets into the ring and after TEN MINUTES of mindless strutting (most of which, unbeknownst to him, is in picture-in-picture), finally...FINALLY...picks up the mic and slowly goes to speak into it.

Tear the roof off... we gonna tear the roof off.... the sucker...tear the roof off the sucker.

ONLY TO INSTANTLY DROP IT, AND FUNKY STRUTS OUT OF THE RING ALL THE WAY UP THE RAMP AGAIN TO A HAIL OF BOOS.

Slowly funky strutting up the ramp, it's a thunderstorm of boos as he struts back up behind the curtain.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "...Is...Is he going to fight Sting Ray? He didn't say anything...he just strutted..."

Allen Price: "I don't know who that was, but I hate him. "

navy.png

Natalie Rosenberg: "The following is a singles contest scheduled for one-fall, with a twenty minute time limit! And it is the penultimate match of the career of Jon Snowmantashi. Introducing first, from Raleigh, North Carolina, accompanied to the ring by Michelle von Horrowitz, he's the Daredevil, GERALD GRAYSON!"

Gerald Grayson has a positive reception even in spite of Michelle being right behind him. There's a lot of excitement for the Daredevil wrestling his first singles match in a while, and with such a tough competitor. He slaps many of the outstretched hands and puts on confident airs on the way to the ring.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "No one expected Gerald to challenge Jon Snowmantashi, and certainly no one expected the challenge to be accepted, but here we are. Gerald has a chance to get one of the biggest victories of his career. He's shown himself capable of rising up to these sorts of challenges before, can he do that again tonight."

Allen Price: "I think he can, but the question is, will he really do it on his own? Have you seen what Michelle has done anytime someone else has faced Snowmantashi in the FWA, will she really be able to stomach Gerald winning? I think he should send her back to hang out with the Nephews. Let's have a clean match here. "

Grayson enters the squared circle and climbs each turnbuckle as he encourages the cheers in the arena.

Natalie Rosenberg: "And his opponent, from Tokyo, Japan… he is Kaiju, JON SNOWMANTASHI!"

The crowd explodes for Kaiju, though the occasions to see the monster have been rare the last few years, once upon a time he stood as a world champion in the United States for well over a year. He doesn't stop at the top of the stage, and doesn't do much to acknowledge the crowd, but his impassive face yet fiery eyes is locked on Gerald Grayson who stares back down at him.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Snowmantashi hasn't wrestled often here in the FWA but when he has, he's faced the likes of Chris Kennedy and Devin Golden. Only the absolute best. Grayson is fortunate to have had this opportunity, but now he needs to rise up to that level if he wants to win. He's gotta carry himself like one of the best."

Allen Price: "He's not backing down at all. He seems ready for the fight. Grayson Has had plenty of big opportunities in the past. He's got what it takes for this sort of challenge. "

Snowmantashi enters the squared circle and both him and Grayson stand toe to toe, eye to eye. Michelle is not far behind Grayson, her own eyes on Snowmantashi, but she ultimately rolls out of the ring as the referee warns both off to their corners. The official also gives out specific instructions to Michelle, warning her that any suspicious action will see her kicked out of ringside.

Grayson-Kaiju31.jpg

FIFTH MATCH - 1/20
Gerald Grayson vs. Jon Snowmantashi.
Singles Match.
Match Writer: dijo.

Jon Snowmantashi and Gerald Grayson circle around the center of the ring. Grayson is evidently quite cautious of the massive figure, both from the size of him, and from everything he's learned of him getting ready for this. He's cautious in delivering low kicks to Kaiju. Though he has a preference for punches and forearms, he decides that might not be a wise task against this type of opponent.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Leg-based offense from Gerald isn't unusual against a larger opponent. And it's the sort of offense that gets more effective over the years. Snowmantashi has had his legs kicked out from underneath him year after year. "

Allen Price: "Doesn't that mean he's also used to dealing with it?"

Indeed, the strikes are effective in hurting Kaiju but don't slow him down. He keeps pressuring Gerald and stomachs the kicks until Gerald is backed into a corner. Gerald tries to go back to his forte with some punches and forearms but Snowmantashi retaliates with a massive clobbering strike that takes Grayson off his feet in the corner.

Snowmantashi smacks his legs for a moment, to get some life into them after those kicks. That recovery time is enough for the Daredevil. Grayson leaps up to the top turnbuckle in a single bound, leaps off, shotgun dropkick!

Kaiju stumbles backwards, and falls to a single knee.

Allen Price: "Don't tell Chris but I always liked Gerald. He was led the wrong way but he's a good person deep inside, he has a lot of heart. I think hes got what it takes to not only win here, but realize he doesn't need the Nephews or Michelle, by doing what she could not."

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Grayson asked for this match because he believed in himself. He didn't take it thinking he was destined to lose. He's going for the win. He could very well mark this match as the beginning of his ascension as a singles competitor."

Gerald Grayson kips up to his feet and heads towards the ropes, leaps up, holds on for a moment, seeing Snowmantashi recovering, springboard cutter- NOPE! Snowmantashi gains a firm footing to stop the cutter's delivery, lifts up Grayson for a back suplex - Grayson flips backwards onto his feet.

Leaps over onto the apron while Snowmantashi gets back to his feet and springboards into Kaiju's shoulders! He tries for a hurricanrana, but again Kaiju's power comes into play, holding him firm and in a tree of woe position. He heads over to the corner, and swings Grayson hard against the bottom turnbuckle, letting him drop after his whole body is shaken by the impact.

Michelle is close to Grayson's recovering side, staring up at Kaiji but Kaiju doesn't spare her a gaze.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Those Anything Springboards aren't quite delivering against a man like Kaiju. The truth is, there aren't a lot of big wrestlers like him in the FWA, and he may not be used to that power difference anymore."

Allen Price: "Imagine seeing someone like that go up against someone like Baxter. That's what they'd call a Hoss fight, right?"

Gerald gets on all fours, but Snowmantashi grabs his head before he can get to a vertical base and kicks him right in the skull. The kick is stunning, but Kaiju doesn't let go of the hold and delivers a barrage of more brain rattling kicks, until it is only his strength holding up Gerald.

Snowmantashi then forces Grayson up to his feet, and delivers the back suplex he'd intended to do earlier. He goes for the pinfall…

ONE… NO!

Grayson shows heart and kicks out immediately. Grayson hurries to his feet, beating Snowmantashi and delivers a hard European uppercut. He follows it up with some hard knife edged chop that resounds against Snowmantashi's flesh but Snowmantashi retaliates with a singular vicious chop of his own! It takes down Grayson who holds onto his reddened chest in pain. Kaiju helps him back to his feet but Grayson shoves him away then delivers another hard chop. Snowmantashi instantly strikes back with his own, this time Grayson remains standing despite the grimace on his face.

HIGH KNEE! This one stuns Snowmantashi who stumbles backwards, landing on the ropes to maintain his balance. Grayson sees his chance and charges in for a second high knee but Snowmantashi catches him in the air, and sends him flying out on the floor. Grayson freefalls hard and practically bounces off the floor.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "I really hope Grayson's done his research."

Allen Price: "He couldn't have expected being chucked out of the ring."

Jean-Luc Watkins: "I mean on being outside of the ring while he is inside."

Snowmantashi charges the opposite ropes, runs back - Grayson is groggily getting to his feet - Michelle shouts a warning - SUICIDE DIVE! Grayson dives out of the way! Snowmantashi crashes against the barricade!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "If Gerald wants to win this match, he won't have a better opening than this."

Allen Price: "If that had hit…"

Grayson is struggling to get back to his feet as the count out begins. Michelle looks on closely at Kaiju, the barricades nearly crumpled with the impact of the dive. The official warns her off though she ignores it. Kaiju is much too dazed to even recognize her presence. Gerald pulls himself up by the apron, and exchanges a gaze with Michelle, who slowly backs off.

Gerald grabs Snowmantashi, and with a mighty amount of effort, gets him to his feet, and eventually shoves him into the ring. Snowmantashi is still recovering there while Grayson waits on the apron. Snowmantashi gets to one knee. He gets to a complete vertical base, all the while Gerald watches and readies.

The Daredevil flips into the ring - EXTREME IMPACT INTO A LARIAT FROM KAIJU! Grayson is floored having thrown himself into that lariat with such momentum. Snowmantashi seems as if he may well fall from the Extreme Impact, but he grimaces and stands his ground. He turns a fiery gaze towards Grayson, gets him back up and German Suplexes him across the ring! Grayson bounces off the mat and rolls onto a corner. Michelle is close by to tell him to wake up. Gerald lands a kick on the approaching Kaiju which sets him back long enough for Grayson to get back to his feet, and be CLOBBERED WITH A WILD STRIKE! SNOWMANTASHI UNLEASHES A BARRAGE OF LEFT AND RIGHT CLOBBERING STRIKES TO THE HEAD OF GRAYSON! He pinballs unhealthy back and forth. Grayson is lifted off his feet over and over again, and the only thing keeping him from being a mess on the mat is the frenzy and speed of the strikes.

Snowmantashi backs away after a dozen of those, adjusting his trunks and looking down at the Daredevil.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Gerald looks like he isn't even conscious anymore. The way he was struck there, maybe Michelle should throw in the towel for him."

Allen Price: "Don't you count Grayson out just yet, Jean-Luc. I told you that man has heart."

Gerald Grayson does indeed stir on the mat. He gets on all fours, then to his feet. He puts up his fist. Snowmantashi doesn't care to entertain his fighting spirit, and closes in quickly. Grayson throws some hard punches to Snowmantashi's skull. Kaiju throws a clobbering right but Grayson was waiting for that dangerous strike and ducks under. He runs to the ropes - ANYTHING SPRINGBOARD CLOTHESLINE - SNOWMANTASHI CATCHES HIM!

He absorbs the blow of that would be clothesline, lifts him into a fireman carry, HAILSTORM!

Grayson's body flies across the ring and this time, he really doesn't seem to be moving. Snowmantashi flips him onto his back, hooks the leg.

ONE… TWO… THRE- Foot beneath the rope!

Snowmantashi frowns at the delay of his victory. He gets to his feet, climbs onto the top rope. Looks over his shoulder to be doubly sure there isn't more fight left in the Daredevil, and HITS THE SNOWFALL MOONSAULT! He crashes down on Grayson like a meteorite, flattening him. Hooks the leg, being sure to hold his arm, and get both legs up so there's no risk of another rope break.

ONE… TWO… THREE!

Winner: Jon Snowmantashi by pinfall at 08:43.

Natalie Rosenberg: "Here is your winner… JON SNOWMANTASHI!!"

Kaiju stands up to his feet, and for one of the final times, possibly the very final time, his hand is raised in victory.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "A valiant effort by Gerald Grayson, but the power disadvantage is too much in the end, and when over 300 pounds lands on you like that, anyone would be hard pressed to get back up."

Allen Price: "I'm starting to think Michelle may have been rash in putting her career on the lime against that man."

Michelle is within the ring, checking in on Grayson, but only for the briefest of moments. She has a microphone in her hand, which Snowmantashi has already vacated. He is on his way up the ramp.

“... KAIJU!!”

This single-word and now iconic moniker is shouted from the ring, by Michelle von Horrowitz, who is standing over Gerald Grayson’s slowly-recovering (but still far from recovered) frame with a microphone in her hand. Her voice is loud, demanding her Mexico City pay attention to it. He turns around and looks at the woman quizzically. When he does (and when we do, via the cameraman) it’s clear that there is no anger on Dreamer’s face. There is definitely apprehension, along with the routine sadness and conflictions, but no anger.

MvH: “I was thinking last night, as I am often prone - in my moments of weakness, which coincidentally is every moment - to doing, about the time we first met. Don’t worry, I don’t plan on listing a series of unfortunate events. Unfortunate for me, of course. But, last night, as I watched the sun go down and considered the twenty-five year old woman that first set eyes on you, I - for the first time - realised exactly how surface-level the similarities between me and her are. Still sullen, still sad, still angry. Still unable to quite let a grudge go, as indicated by the struggle in which we find ourselves now. But, still…”

She pauses as Gerald gets back to his feet. He is clutching his neck following the finish of the match, but takes up position next to her, staring up the ramp at the huge, hulking figure on the stage.

MvH: “I tried to imagine the Dreamer of 2015 embarking on a tag team championship run with, well, anybody. I tried to imagine the Dreamer of 2015 surrounding herself with some approximation of my beloved Nephews. Maybe, in another life, I’d have met Thomas back in those days, and that lonely year in CWA would’ve been a different memory altogether…”

Snowmantashi’s face remains stoic and passive, even with the mention of Michelle’s new friends. It’s unclear if he even registers the connotations, and the effect that the Nephews have had on so many of Michelle’s matches recently.

MvH: “But don’t worry, tulip. Not that you’re the type. But, just to be clear: this isn’t a threat. To correct the mistakes of the past - and, more importantly, to prove that they were errors, and not simply the correct course of history - I need to go back. To who I was and how it was, in 2015, in New York City. Dreamer and the kaiju. This dance is only for two.”

Kaiju doesn’t quite shrug, but his body language is enough to suggest the same thing without moving. A road agent approaches himnfrom the certains, offering a microphone. He looks at it, and chooses to take it.

Jon Snowmantashi: “Michelle. You have offered me everything, and I will take it all and leave nothing, for nature is not merciful. Prepare yourself as best you can. I will see you in Mexico.”

Kaiju hands the microphone back and turns away, though with more words than usual, still quite succinct in his vows.

navy.png

As The Coven walks up the ramp, certain audio cuts through the commentary track, a very recognisable voice in obvious pain as we cut to Reagan Cole in the ring slumped in the corner with a microphone in his hand.

Reagan: “Owwww. Okay. You good, kid?”

Reagan looks over at his fallen teammate, TYLER, nursing his own wounds currently as he is yet to gain a single victory in non reality show FWA. TYLER just glares at Reagan in anger and disappointment not saying any words. Reagan simply nods in response, holding some clear anger back.

“Yeah I get that. Hey Charmed sisters! You lot may want to listen up! You think that this is over though? Not by a damn long shot!”

Reagan, still almost wheezing with some of it coming through as he talks, grabs the top rope to pull himself up.

“See, the way I see it! You two just kicked our ass, that’s a fair way to see it but also Jeffry Mason kicked your leaders ass back at KODM. That’s another fair way to see it. And as for me and Trixie…Well in a one on one situation, as of last week, it’s 1-1. Unfortunately that makes us what? 1-1-1? Freaking hell…It’s funny, y’know? People who know me and my history, especially my history with someone named Marcus McClain.”

A little pop there for the mention of the Nephew.

“Know that I’m not exactly a great fan of draws. Even scoring because it sends a message of a kind. The kind that says that we’re the same level while neglecting all of the context in those decisions. Because here’s the truth ladies, apologies if it sounds harsh but y’all aren’t on our level! You just aren’t. A random win doesn’t change that, I beat Ramon in one of his last matches and yet people are still sending me tweets every time I mention that bastard about how i don’t stack up to the Rockstar. It’s the actual situation here. We won tag championships all over the UK when we were a full time team, what have you done? You’re minions! You’re weird witch minions, I don’t know. You’ve blown every championship shot, you could have had! And now you think you’re gonna get this one at BIB just because you got the kid along side ya? Nah. Y’know what? I solved my last tie-breaker at my first BIB, let’s do it again and this time we’ll get the gold you can’t! I’m entering me, TYLER & Jeffry Mason into the Trios Championship match and you best believe we’re coming to prove that we’re better!”

Reagan, at this point, full of the anger and rage that he tried to hold back, throws the microphone at the ground with the crowd responding with a…mixed to say the least response, more boos than normal from a Reagan promo. Even TYLER looks very taken aback by all of this as he manages to get in closer to Cole as we just hear the smallest snippet still hit the fallen microphone from the former British Kid.

TYLER: “Tha-that’s wasn’t the plan, Reagan! What did you jus-“

But Reagan just simply slips out of the ring, jumps on the barricade and walks out with TYLER hesitantly following. But the important question about that whole thing is…How much of that was directed at the Coven and maybe just maybe how much of that was projected at Reagan himself.

navy.png

General boos in the arena. Harry the Sane Wizard is all smiles as he appears on stage despite the jeers. An unfamiliar Quiet - same mask, different body, and in a new (unless you were in the arena for her dark match against Paul two weeks ago) - emerges next to him. They are flanked by Uncle J.J. JAY! and the Maid of Death, who allow the competitors in the match to go on ahead down the ramp.

Natalie Rosenberg: "The following is a tag team contest scheduled for one-fall, with a twenty minute time limit… where the winner will be added to Back in Business' ladder match for the FWA World Tag Team Championships! Introducing first, from Everywhere… Harry the Sane Wizard… Quiet… CTHULHU'S NEPHEWS!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "You heard Natalie: the winner of this one gets a shot at the big prize in Mexico City. No doubt Harry and Quiet will be hoping to bring about a swift return of the tag titles to the Nephews."

Allen Price: "Unlikely. If the A-Team couldn't get the job done, what chance do these guys have?"

Harry and Quiet are already in the ring, with the young wizard persuading the masked woman to remove herself to the apron so that he can start the match-up. Their music fades out and is replaced by…

There's a much more positive, though still mixed, reaction for Aka Manto as the pair appear on stage. They have eyes only for the ring and their opponents as they march down the ramp…

Natalie Rosenberg: "And their opponents… at a combined weight of one hundred and twelve kilograms… 'the Crimson Ghost' Aka Yurei… 'the Mistress in Blue' Keiko Hirabayashi… AKA MANTO!!"

Allen Price: "Aka Manto have been building up some momentum recently and now stand upon the cusp of their first opportunity at the tag team championships. But that ladder match is already stacked. If I were them, I'd probably want to wait until conditions are more suitable…"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Try to show a little impartiality, Price. We get it. You think our double champion's great."

Allen Price: "The greatest!"

Both members of Aka Manto climb into the ring and find that Harry is already waiting inside of it for them. They converse briefly as their music fades out, Aka retreating onto the apron whilst Keiko steps forward to meet the Sane Wizard's challenge. The official, content that we are ready to go, calls for the opening bell…

Fallout-Joshi-VNephews.jpg

SIXTH MATCH - 1/20
Aka Manto (Aka Yurei and Keiko Hirabayashi) vs. Cthulhu’s Nephews (Harry the Sane Wizard and Quiet).
Tag Team Match.

Aka walks towards Harry after the bell, with the young wizard crouching into what appears to be a fighting stance. A smile emerges on her face as she considers her opponent… and then she charges, looking for a lariat. Ducked by Harry, who goes behind into a rear waistlock, a full head-and-a-bit shorter than Aka, before bundling her forward into the ropes…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "O’Conner roll from Harry, the young wizard has Aka’s shoulders down!"

ONE… NO!

Allen Price: "Not enough pressure! Aka kicks out, and she’s quick to her feet… jumping hip attack! Yurei sends Harry back into the corner…"

Yurei follows up with a series of rapid-fire strikes with Harry against the corner: forearm strikes, overhand chops, and then some stiff kicks to the sides that rock Harry into a seated position. Aka backs away into the opposite corner before looking to charge into him with another hip attack…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Looks like Quiet wants to get into the ring… distracting the referee so that Uncle can drag Harry out of the ring! Aka runs straight into the turnbuckles and then collapses into a heap!"

This action incenses Keiko, who now tries to come into the ring illegally herself, prompting the official - none the wiser as to Uncle’s intervention - to focus his attention on getting her back to the apron. This allows Quiet, Uncle, and the Maid to drag Aka out of the ring and lay into her with stomps on the outside!! Keiko gets angrier, which only wraps the official up in her more, allowing Uncle to hoist Aka up and throw her over the steel steps! Hirabayashi finally relents, climbing out onto the apron as the Maid and JAY! dump Aka back into the ring. The official turns around as Harry hooks a leg…

ONE… TWO… NO!

Aka gets the shoulder up. Harry tags into Quiet, and the two attempt to settle into a rhythm.

<< 06:31. >>

A few times up until this point, Aka has almost mounted a comeback, only for the Nephews - both the ones in the match and the ones loitering outside the ring - to use the numbers advantage (and their propensity for stretching the rules) to keep Aka isolated. This has culminated in Quiet delivering a series of suplex and dropkick variants, and now she wears down Yurei with a sleeper hold, the energy slowly sapped out of the Crimson Ghost as Quiet seemingly closes in on victory…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "The official is checking Aka’s arm! Quiet and the Nephews might be about to book their ticket to Mexico City…"

Allen Price: "NO! Aka clenches her fist, and with the crowd showing their support she fights back up to her feet!"

Aka reels into Quiet with elbows to the ribs, and then backs her up into the ropes, flinging her into the opposite set… Yurei connects with a dropkick! Here comes Harry, he charges (illegally) into the ring - but he’s met by Keiko with a kitchen sink!

Jean-Lkuc Watkins: Uncle’s up on the apron, but Aka knocks him off it with a roundhouse kick! And it looks like the Maid is thinking twice about getting involved!"[/b][/color]

Allen Price: "This one has broken down completely! Looks like a tornado tag!"

With Aka staring over the ropes at Uncle, who is being helped to his feet by the Maid, Quiet sneaks up behind her and rolls her up with a…

Allen Price: "SCHOOL-BOY!!"

ONE… TWO…

It’s broken up by Keiko, who comes up from behind and grabs Quiet in a rear waistlock, quickly taking her over with a snap German suplex!! Harry is up to his feet, but knocks him over the top rope with a clothesline!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Keiko Hirabayashi is climbing up to the top! Harry is being helped to his feet by the Maid, not sure that’s legal but it’s keeping them both preoccupied! They don’t see the threat from above!"

Allen Price: "DIVING CROSS-BODY! Keiko crashes onto the Maid and Harry on the outside!"

Meanwhile, inside the ring, Aka Yurei waits patiently for Quiet to rise to her feet…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "LIVING END! What a hellacious running knee strike from Aka Yurei!"

Allen Price: "The Crimson Ghost with the cover…"

ONE… TWO… THREE!

Winner: Aka Manto via pinfall at 09:12.

Natalie Rosenberg: "Here are your winners… AKA MANTO!!"

Keiko rolls into the ring as Aka gets to her feet, the two sharing a fist bump and a smile before the official lifts both of their hands into the air.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "And that, of course, means that Aka Yurei and Keiko Hirabayashi are going to Mexico City! They will compete in the three-way ladder match for the FWA World Tag Team Championships at Back in Business!"

Aka and Keiko spend a moment posing on adjacent second turnbuckles, with Yurei drawing an invisible championship belt around her waist with her hands.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "And Aka Yurei in particular knows those belts very well, having held them before with Reagan Cole as part of the Spirit Walkers. I wonder what our champions are thinking about these two sets of challengers for their newly-won belts."

Allen Price: "I doubt they’re sweating it…"

Aka Manto climb out of the ring as we fade to black.

navy.png

Tommy Bedlam appears at the top of the ramp on a horse. The crowd in Mexico goes insane for Bedlam, who isn’t on the card for tonight’s show.

Jean-Luc Watkins: Wait a minute, Tommy Bedlam is here tonight?! I know we saw him on the screen, but I had no idea he was in the building. And apparently, he’s brought…a horse?

Allen Price: Is there something on the back of that horse?

As Tommy slowly rides his horse down the ramp, the camera pans around to reveal that there’s someone in a hood thrown over the back. A black mask covers the face of whoever Tommy’s unfortunate passenger is.

Tommy climbs down from the steed and greets a few of the fans who are sitting at ringside. He walks over to the back of the horse and pulls the person down and throws them over his shoulder. He unceremoniously rolls the body, still unidentified, under the bottom rope before climbing the ring steps and entering the ring.

As “Wanted Dead or Alive” slowly fades out, the crowd still singing along, Tommy walks over to the corner and motions for a microphone.

Tommy Bedlam: Guadalajara, Mexicoooo!

The crowd erupts once again as Tommy mentions the host city for tonight’s show.

Tommy Bedlam: No, I wasn’t supposed to be here tonight. No, I’m not on the card. And no, unfortunately, I couldn’t get any of the powers that be to give me a match with no notice. But you know what? The Cowboy woke up this morning feeling…feeling…violent.

More cheering from the crowd who are hanging onto every word that Bedlam speaks.

Tommy Bedlam: I’m sure most of you saw what happened last week on Fallout. Shawn Summers, the sadistic bastard that he is, wasn’t satisfied with pushing around a pregnant woman, so he decided to put his hands on Rocco Sullivan.

The crowd boos loudly

Jean-Luc Watkins: I’m hoping we get an update on Rocco at some point this evening. I haven’t heard much about his injuries since Meltdown went off the air.

Tommy Bedlam: Now, Rocco is OK. He’s got a few bruises, but he’s good. He wanted to be here tonight with me, but I told him to stay at home. I know you all saw me crash that Summers interview earlier. Aaaand you saw me not give him an answer about his Three Stages of Hell match.

Tommy walks over to the nearside ring ropes and rests his arms over them, standing over the person who is lying on the ground, their face still covered.

Allen Price: Well there’s some good news for the FWA.

Tommy Bedlam: I want Shawn Summers’ TV Title.

The crowd cheers.

Tommy Bedlam: I want Shawn Summers’ X-Title.

The crowd cheers again.

Tommy Bedlam: I want to walk into that locker room with two belts over my shoulders and know that I’m not only an FWA Champion, but a double FWA Champion. I want the rest of that locker room to realize that the Summer of Summers is over before it has time to really get started. Is that what you want, Guadalajara?

The crowd goes absolutely insane.

Jean-Luc Watkins: Well, I think the FWA fans in Guadalajara are letting it be known that they want Tommy to get those titles from Summers.

Tommy Bedlam: Now, unfortunately, to get those titles, I have to agree to a stipulation like the FWA universe has never seen before. If I’m going to get a shot at those titles, I have to agree to name my kid after the worst, most diabolical, shittiest one human being walking the face of this planet. I would have to name my kid after a man who assaulted a pregnant woman. I would have to name my kid after a man who bashed me in the face with a title belt because he’s too much of a chicken shit to stand up and fight. I would have to name my kid after a man who choked out somebody who hasn’t wrestled in four decades.

The crowd boos loudly as Tommy rattles off some of Summers’ most recent heinous acts.

Tommy Bedlam: I’ve always heard you have to fight fire with fire. But, when you’re dealing with someone like Shawn Summers, you’re dealing with some new levels of fire. Am I willing to stoop to the levels that he’s willing to stoop to? Am I willing to assault a pregnant woman? Hell no. Am I willing to chicken shit my way out of a title defense by getting myself disqualified? Hell no. Am I willing to assault an old guy who isn’t even a wrestler? Hell….well, let’s talk about that.

Tommy walks over to the person lying on the mat with the covering over their head. He grabs the individual under the arms and pulls the mask from their face.

Allen Price: Oh my God! That’s Rupert Watkins! That’s Shawn’s beloved Uncle Ru!

The crowd goes wild when they realize who Tommy has dragged out to the ring on the back of his horse. Tommy keeps a firm grip on the back of Rupert’s neck and parades him around the ring.

Tommy Bedlam: Back on Meltdown 30, Shawn Summers dragged Rocco Sullivan out here and assaulted him until he got me to the ring. Now, judging by the fact that Shawn is sitting in some office somewhere, probably getting a mani-pedi, I could, if I really wanted to, beat on Rupert here until Shawn came out here to make the save. Unfortunately for Uncle Ru, Summers is God knows where doing God knows what. Uncle Ru, do you think turn about is fair play? Should I beat the shit out of you until Shawn swoops in to save you?

Rupert’s eyes are the size of baseballs as he starts shaking his head pleading for mercy.

Tommy Bedlam: Guadalajara, Mexico, do you think turnabout is fair play and I should beat the shit out of Rupert to get Shawn’s attention?

The crowd goes wild as Tommy moves behind Rupert and puts one arm around his neck.

Allen Price: Jesus Christ, if Tommy listens to this crowd, Rupert Watkins isn’t going to make it to Back in Business!

Jean-Luc Watkins: If Tommy Bedlam listens to this crowd, Rupert isn’t going to make it to the end of Fallout!

Tommy Bedlam: Gah, you have no idea how bad I would love to beat Rupert senseless. You have no idea how bad I’d love to throw my arm around his little scrawny neck and choke him until the air slowly leaves his body.

Allen Price: This crowd is out for blood, and since Summers isn’t here, they seem content to see Rupert Watkins pay the price.

Tommy lets Rupert go and Summers' only friend slinks to the ground.

Tommy Bedlam: Sorry, Guadalajara, I’m just not that kinda guy. Now, Rupert is lying here about to piss himself, and I’m sure Summers is at home watching, so I’m gonna get out of the way and let this show go on. But I promised Summers and all of you an answer about the challenge for Back in Business.

Tommy walks over and puts a massive foot on Rupert’s chest and looks into the camera which zooms in as close as it can get.

Tommy Bedlam: Hey Summers, challenge accepted.

The crowd goes into a frenzy as Tommy steps off of Rupert, looks down at him and smirks, and makes his way out of the ring. He steps between the ropes, walks over to his horse, and rides it back up the ramp as the crowd goes ballistic.

Jean-Luc Watkins: Well there you have it! Shawn Summers and Tommy Bedlam in a Three Stages of Hell match at Back in Business. One fall for the TV Title, one fall for the X-Title, and one fall…for the naming rights of Tommy and Randi’s baby.

Allen Price: I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anything like this.

Jean-Luc Watkins: I’m not sure we’ll ever see anything like this again, Allen.

navy.png

The lights of the arena flash a light red as cherry petals fall on the big screen. The camera zooms in towards the entrance area as some smoke builds. After about thirteen seconds Katsu makes her way out, her cape flowing behind her, showing her Kitsune inspired mask. She hasn’t come alone, either: she is flanked by the rest of YOKAI Death Squad.

She basks in the red spotlight as fire shoots up from the side of the stage, her arms crossed in front of her with an "[/b][/color]X,"[/b][/color] hands doing the "[/b][/color]wolf-head"[/b][/color] gesture. The Huntress spins around and does a throat slashing gesture with her pointer finger as the flames shoot higher before making her way down the ramp.

Natalie Rosenberg: "The following is the first half of your Fallout 031 double main event, and is scheduled for one-fall with a twenty minute time limit. Introducing first, accompanied to the ring by YOKAI Death Squad… from Osaka, Japan… KATSU!"

Moving down the ramp at a somewhat quick pace, Katsu removes her entrance mask to show her regular one and she gives a small head tilt while holding it next to her head. Going around the ring, she hands her mask to a younger fan before sliding onto the apron. One hand on the ropes, she opens up her cape and closes her eyes, keeping a calm aura to her. She quickly drops down into the splits then slides into the ring.

Heading to the nearest corner turnbuckles, Katsu climbs up them and puts one foot on the top rope. She does another throat slash before holding her finger down in an "[/b][/color]M"[/b][/color] formation. Heading down, she leans down in a superhero-like pose, holding her arms in an "[/b][/color]X"[/b][/color] in front of her chest. Katsu’s hands again have the wolf gesture before she spins around and heads to her corner.

Her music fades out and then - after a few moments to build the suspense - we hear…

There’s a huge roar around the arena as Cyrus Truth walks out onto the stage, alone as he always is, surveying the arena with a solemn and focused countenance on his face.

Natalie Rosenberg: "And her opponent… from the Long and Winding Road… weighing in at two hundred and twenty seven pounds… ‘the Exile’... CYRUS TRUTH!!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Here comes one half of the main event for Night Two of Back in Business, where ‘the Exile’ will challenge Chris Peacock for his FWA World Heavyweight Championship, following the explosive events of that contract signing. Peacock has his hands full with Truth aiming to add to his already record number of days with the world championship…"

Allen Price: "No need to sound so excited by that prospect, J-L…"

Truth strides down the ramp and then climbs into the ring, standing in the centre of it as the crowd cheers around him. With Katsu leant against the corner and staring at the Exile, he finally retreats into his own as his music fades out. The official conducts his final checks and then calls for the bell…

Truth-VKatsu31.jpg

SEVENTH MATCH - MAIN EVENT I - 1/30
Cyrus Truth vs. Katsu
Singles Match.

We start off with Cyrus and Katsu circling the ring, with the masked woman coming in to hit what looks like a stiff kick to the side. Cyrus, though, seems to absorb it, not bothering to dance out of its range and instead letting the blow wash over him. Katsu circles again and repeats the motion a second time, with similar effects: the Exile remains steadfast, staring at his opponent with what might even qualify as a smirk. If she’s frustrated, she doesn’t let it show, with Katsu again drawing a circle around her opponent, and once more darting in for a third kick to the side… and this time Truth catches her boot!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "A dragon screw leg whip from Cyrus to open things up here in our double main event!"

Allen Price: "Katsu rises to her feet, though, and tees Cyrus up for a forearm this time… but the Exile ducks beneath it and clasps her waist when she’s turned away from him…"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Backdrop suplex from Truth! The Exile with a cover already…"

ONE… TWO… NO!

Katsu gets the shoulder up, but Cyrus - with a look of grim focus still etched on his face - looks to maintain his advantage by placing Katsu in a grounded hammerlock…

<< 04:12. >>

Truth has Katsu in the corner, where he works away at her with a series of stomps to the midsection. After a half-dozen in the sequence, Cyrus grabs Katsu by the wrist and attempts to Irish whip her into the opposite set of turnbuckles. The Huntress reverses, though, sending Cyrus into the turnbuckles instead… and she follows up with a running forearm in the corner! The Exile stumbles into the centre of the ring but remains standing, and meanwhile Katsu hops up onto the second turnbuckle. She leaps off…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Diving hurricanrana from Katsu! Truth goes sprawling, but the Exile - proud and stubborn as ever - quickly fights his way up to his feet… running dropkick from Katsu!"

Cyrus hits the turnbuckles, bounces back towards Katsu…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Superkick!"

Allen Price: "Cyrus Truth is down to one knee after this burst of offense from Katsu…"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "… and the Huntress rolls him up with a sunset flip! Truth’s shoulders are down!

ONE… TWO… THR – NO!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Truth kicks out – but remember that’s exactly how Death Walker defeated the Exile just two weeks ago. Katsu’s been studying…"

In the ring, the Huntress hoists Cyrus up and then forces him to retreat to a corner with a series of overhand chops…

<< 09:52. >>

Katsu has had Truth in a length octopus hold, the Exile being stretched by the move and, for close to a minute, sundered in the middle of the ring, well away from the ropes…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Cyrus Truth is struggling here, Katsu has this octopus hold cinched in…"

Allen Price: "And remember it was just a month or so ago that weaselperson tapped the Exile out. Perhaps Katsu sees submission as a viable route to victory here…"

Truth, though, grimaces and grunts, but eventually is able to start shimmying slowly towards the ropes, and finally grasps onto the top one with an outstretched hand! Katsu observes the rope break, but as soon as the Exile steps away from the ropes he’s staggered by a step-up enziguri!

Allen Price: "Cyrus Truth finds himself on dream street again! And Katsu comes behind for one of those rear waist locks you talk about so much, J-L…"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Very good, Price! But Cyrus hooks onto those ropes, Katsu can’t wrench him over. And it’s a back elbow for the Huntress!"

Separation is caused, Katsu stumbling away from Cyrus… who then grabs her in a single-handed chokehold, followed up by an STO!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Memento mori!! But no cover from Cyrus…"

Allen Price: "I think he wants to finish this one off right here! He hoists Katsu up onto his shoulders…"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Fireman’s carry – the Exile looking for Journey’s End!"

Allen Price: "That’s the name of the show!!"

It’s Katsu’s turn to grasp the ropes, though, and she uses them to pull herself off Truth’s shoulders and onto the ring apron. The Exile lunges towards her, but she nails him with a forearm from the apron, before she grabs his head and brings him down throat-first on the top rope! Cyrus stumbles into the middle of the ring…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "SPRINGBOARD CROSS-BODY!! Katsu connects, and straight into the cover…"

ONE… TWO… TH – NO!

Truth with the shoulder up! Katsu suppresses her frustration before applying a side headlock…

<< 12:18. >>

After Truth is again punished by a lengthy single-leg Boston crab, he once more pulls himself to the ropes to earn a break. Katsu doesn’t relent for long, though, instead dragging him into the middle of the ring and hitting a flatliner! Truth rolls onto his front, and Katsu points over at the top turnbuckle.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Katsu begins her climb to the top, facing away from Cyrus Truth. Probably looking for Nightfall, which could very well spell the end for the Exile!"

Allen Price: "But it’s a bad idea to turn your back on any opponent, let alone Cyrus Truth! The Wayward Warrior is back to his feet!"

Indeed, with Katsu most of the way up towards the top turnbuckle, Truth charges at her from behind and clubs her in the back with a double axe handle. Katsu almost falls forward from the top rope, but the Exile grabs her to steady her, and then pulls her away from the top rope in a Argentine rack position…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "EXILE’S EDGE! Ridiculous impact on the neckbreaker!!"

Allen Price: "Truth rolls her over and hooks the leg…"

ONE… TWO… THRE – NO!!

Allen Price: "Katsu kicks up again! What heart! What determination!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Heart and determination, indeed, but what she really needs is some offence…"

Truth denies her that for now, applying a cravat as Katsu struggles up to a seated position…

<< 14:34. >>

Truth snapmares Katsu in the middle of the ring, proceeding to charge at the adjacent ropes and run through her with a knee strike!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Truth usually follows that up with a knee drop… there it is! The Wanderer’s Wrath!"

Allen Price: "No pingall, though – Truth choosing to be patient and stalk Katsu from behind…"

Indeed, he waits for the masked wrestler to get to her feet, and then applies a full nelson.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Truth going for a dragon suplex here… no, go behind from Katsu into a rear waistlock, looking for a German suplex… no! Another go behind, this time from Truth… tiger suplex!! The Exile bridges…"

ONE… TWO… THR – NO!!

To her credit, Katsu quickly drags herself up to her feet… but runs right into an elbow smash from Truth! It almost knocks her clean over, but Cyrus collects her and lifts her into a fireman’s carry… Journey’s end? No! Katsu slips down the back! Sunset flip!

ONE… TWO… THR – NO!!

Truth kicks out! He looks for another elbow smash… not this time! Katsu ducks it and goes behind into another rear waistlock…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "German suplex! This time she hits it! Bridge!"

ONE… TWO… THRE – NO!!

KIck out from Cyrus, but this time he’s unable to clamber up quickly. Instead, he is painfully slow in clambering up to his knees…

Natalie Rosenberg: "Ladies and gentlemen: this is your FOUR-MINUTE WARNING!!"

The crowd intensifies as the announcement is made, and Katsu shows a greater sense of urgency when she hits Truth with a running spike hurricanrana driver!!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "DEATH-SPIKE!!"

Allen Price: "Still no cover from Katsu! Come on! You’ve got less than four minutes!!"

Once more, though, Katsu decides to climb up towards the top rope. This time, she does so undisturbed by Cyrus Truth, who is flat out on the mat and staring at the ceiling. The Huntress steadies herself upon the top, before leaping off with a beautiful phoenix splash…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "NOBODY HOME!!"

Allen Price: "Katsu crashes and burns!!"

Noticeable exhaustion and fatigue on his face, Truth drags himself up to his feet, just as Katsu - clutching her ribs - fights to her own vertical base a few metres away from him. He swoops, collecting her in a fireman’s carry…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "JOURNEY’S END!!"

Truth hooks the leg…"[/b][/color]

ONE… TWO… THREE!

WInner: Cyrus Truth via pinfall at 17:10.

Truth rolls off Katsu but doesn’t rise for a moment. He remains seated for a second, an unreadable expression on his face, adjusting his pads before, finally and begrudgingly, he climbs up to his feet. The official lifts his hand in victory.

Natalie Rosenberg: "Here is your winner… CYRUS TRUTH!!"

The official leaves Truth and focuses on Katsu, rolling her out of the ring so that she can be checked on the outside.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "An incredible match there, with Katsu putting up an incredible fight against the Exile, but in the end Cyrus Truth emerged triumphantly. A return to winning ways for the Wayward Warrior, and Chris Peacock’s challenger in Mexico City, after a disappointing loss to Death Walker two weeks ago. Picking up momentum, eh, Allen?"

Allen Price: "How pointed, J-L! Getting sick of this anti-Peacock bias. Give your champion some respect."

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Speak of the devil: Chris Peacock is in action against weaselperson, next on Fallout 031!"

navy.png

But first we cut to the exterior shot of a pristine looking home with a white picket fence in an undisclosed suburb. The home we have previously seen Jeremy keeping Krash in the past. Fading to the interior of the home, we see the living room where Krash has been spending a good motion of his time over the last few months, nestled in front of the retro box television screen with Jeremy next to him.

But now Jeremy sat by himself.

He sat in the middle seat of the couch, just as he had when Krash was next to him. You can almost make out the imprint of Krash’s prone body that had sat in that spot for so long.

Jeremy sobs quietly to himself. Because, in case you missed it, on Meltdown… Krash escaped the clutches of Jeremy Best.

Jeremy Best: ”Why…”

Jeremy sniffled, wiping away the tears from his face as he repeats the same word that closed out Meltdown.

Jeremy Best: ”Why… Krashy… why? After all I’ve done for you. What have you done?”

He leans forward, burning his head in his hands as he lets out a cry of frustration before bringing his head back up, looking directly into the camera as it tightens in on him. We can see the redness of his swollen eyes from the true sense of loss he was going through.

Jeremy Best: ”This wasn’t the way it was supposed to happen. You’re my BEST friend, Krash. Not only that… you’re my hero. I came to FWA for you. Not just to meet you. Not just to wrestle you. But to team with you. For us to be together as the greatest tag team this business has ever seen. The Friendship Wrestling Alliance were supposed to walk into Mexico for Meltdown… defeat your former best friend and his replacement BFF for the tag titles… and go on a streak that would never be touched! The Connection’s run as tag champs would’ve been nothing compared to us, Krashy.”

Jeremy sits up, once again wiping away his eyes as he sighs.

Jeremy Best: ”This doesn’t make sense. What happened to you? The Krashy I know and love wouldn’t have done this. No… the REAL Krash wouldn’t have done this to me. That’s it…”

His eyes light up with an apparent sudden revelation.

Jeremy Best: ”Why didn’t I realize this before? I should’ve known it from the beginning. From Back in Town… from that moment you didn’t even recognize me. When you didn’t recognize your best friend… that whoever came back at Back In Town…

“That wasn’t Krash.”

“You’re not Krash.”

“Not the REAL Krash.”

“The real Krash would never hurt me like this!”

“You’re just… a ghost.”

“A ghost of a burning memory trying to drag me down with you.”

“And like all ghosts… you belong in the ground.”

“Friendless…”

“Alone…”

“Back where you came from.’

“Because I never should’ve searched for you. The real Krash really did die last year at Back in Business. I was foolish. The Krash Crusade was a fruitless endeavor and Bryan Baxter never should’ve dragged you back here.”

“That’s why… I have no choice.”

“At Back in Business…”

“I am afraid… I’m going to have to put you back in the ground where you belong.”

“Buried. Alive.”

Jeremy leans back on the couch, lightly cackling while he puts his arm around the empty seat on the couch while we fade to break.

navy.png

A video package begins with a shot of space and a star shooting through the galaxies as the opening chords of ‘Comfortably Numb’ by Pink Floyd can be heard.

“Hello? Is there anybody in there?”

Narrator: “A supernova can be described as the colossal explosion of a star. That’s one way to describe the FWA’s very own supernova, Nova Diamond’s, arrival to the upper echelons of the Fantasy Wrestling Alliance.”

Nova Diamond - still a relative newcomer to the FWA - is shown entering the 2019 Carnal Contendership match and then outlasting all of the other competitors in the match to book his spot in the main event of Back in Business.

Rod Sterling: “Nova Diamond winning the Carnal Contendership that year was unexpected, but the more you thought about it, the more it made sense. Watching him and how he conducted himself, wrestling with the crowd in the palm of his hand, it was clear that we were watching a star being born before our very eyes.”

Danny Toner: “Some of us knew that Nova was going to hit it big from the moment we saw him for the first time. Everything about the guy just screamed ‘star’, which made sense as a supernova is a star or some shit like that.”

Whilst the camera’s main focus at Back in Business XIV was on Saint Sully’s celebrations, we are shown a dejected Nova Diamond; his undefeated streak and title aspirations being dashed on that night.

Narrator: “After a heartbreaking loss to Saint Sully, Nova took some time away but returned in 2021 with the express purpose of capturing the FWA World Championship and his chosen path of winning the Golden Opportunity match that year brought him the result he desired, when he cashed in on Devin Golden in March 2022 to finally ascend to the top of the FWA.”

The historic cash in on Meltdown with Nova defeating Golden right before The Grand March is shown, as is Nova then celebrating with the title. The culmination of all of his work up until that point.

Chris Peacock: “I didn’t know Nova that well back then, but damn, I was happy to see him win that title. Made it cool to cash in on Devin Golden.”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “That was one of the most shocking moments in the history of the FWA and something that we’re still talking about now and will still be talking about years from now. For that moment along with everything else, Nova Diamond deserves his spot. A truly special talent.”

Nova is then shown picking up some of his early wins in the FWA, with the Golden Opportunity briefcase and then with the FWA World Championship. Other moments such as his celebrations with Toner, Peacock and Golden after their win and then his final victory at Back in Business XVI where he decided to hang up his boots after a victory over Phillip A. Jackson.

Narrator: “A shining star with gold to match, we are pleased to welcome Nova Diamond to get comfortable in the Fantasy Wrestling Alliance Hall of Fame, Class of 2023.”

NOVA DIAMOND
FWA HALL OF FAME
CLASS OF 2023

navy.png

After those two video packages have aired, the feed returns to the arena where the commentary duo are sat at their table once again and they look directly into the camera.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Well, a couple of bombshell announcements there, Price. After the explosive ending to Meltdown on Thursday night, we have now learned that Jeremy Best and Krash will face each other at Back in Business in a Buried Alive Match. Can Jeremy Best send Krash into the afterlife for real this time? Not only that, but we will be rounding out the FWA Hall of Fame Class of 2023 with former FWA World Champion NOva Diamond! He’ll be joining ‘Rockstar’ Randy Ramon and Gabrielle Montgomery."

Allen Price: "Ugh, why him? It’s bad enough Ramon is going in there, but now this douche as well. You know what he said about me and Chris, right? That jerk."

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Doesn’t Chris get along with Nova now? I don’t really understand this beef you’ve got, Price. Anyway, enough of this fooling around because IT’S TIME FOR THE MAIN EVENT! Well, the second part of our double header."

There is a good reception from the crowd as weaselperson walks out from the back, with the same vacant expression on their face that FWA audiences have come to know. As everyone knows, though, there is a very dangerous competitor lying underneath the costume. weaselperson barks on their way to the ring at no one in particular, charting a course towards the ring.

Natalie Rosenberg: "The following contest is scheduled for one fall, with a thirty minute time limit! Introducing first, from The Meadows and weighing in at two-hundred and ten pounds… this is WEEEEAAASSEELLLPERRRRRRRSSSOOONNNNNN!!!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "weaselperson is here tonight with the express goal of being in the enviable position of defeating both halves of the Back in Business main event; a main event they were agonizingly close to being a part of with their runner-up performance in the Carnal Contendership match."

Allen Price: "Well, with a match scheduled against Aly- I mean dragonperson - lined up at Back in Business, there would be no better way to generate some momentum than by knocking off a double champion, would there? Unfortunately for weaselperson, like the Carnal Contendership, it is going to be close but no cigar tonight."

weaselperson gets into the ring and looks around the arena with an earnest appearance, barking some more. Referee Larry Stevens seems unsure of what to make of the entire thing as weaselperson barks in his direction.

The crowd respond loudly, and it is still mainly cheers but there is a noticeable amount of fans in attendance who are unsure of what to make of Chris Peacock as he walks out from the back with the FWA World Championship around his waist, his half of the FWA World Tag Team Championships over his shoulder and his Singapore cane in his hand. Peacock raises the cane up into the air and fireworks shoot out from the stage around him as he saunters his way down towards the ring.

Natalie Rosenberg: "Their opponent, from Brooklyn, New York and weighing in at two-hundred and ten pounds… he is one half of the FWA World Tag Team Champions and the current, reigning FWA World Champion… he is ‘Dreamer’s Nightmare’, ‘Cocky Two Belts’... ‘Disco’s Last Warrior’... CHRISSSS PEEEAAAACCOOOOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!"

Allen Price: "Thomas West eat your heart out, because what a mighty, mighty good man this is. You heard Natalie put it all out there. Chris Peacock is at the top of the world right now and there’s not one man, woman, child or anthropomorphic rodent that can stop him. HE’S THE KING OF THE WORLD!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Too soon, Price. Well, I think it would be hard to disagree that Peacock certainly feels like the world is at his feet right now, as displayed by how confident he is about his upcoming encounter with Cyrus Truth at Back in Business. However, when you’re at the top, there’s only one way you can go…"

Peacock walks up the steps and into the ring where he pays no attention to weaselperson initially, and he lifts the cane once more which sets off another set of pyro above the ring. He removes his championships and passes them to someone at ringside through the ropes before he finally acknowledges his opponent, who barks back at him.

WPvs-Peacock31.jpg

EIGHTH MATCH - MAIN EVENT II - 1/30
Chris Peacock vs. weaselperson
Singles Match.
Match Writer: Man.

The bell rings and both Peacock and weaselperson circle the ring for a moment, with weaselperson crouched down and prepared to grapple whilst Peacock is much more casual in his approach as he leans back and does not seem that interested in engaging as soon as the match begins. weaselperson lunges forward, but Peacock casually looks to kick their hand away, but weaselperson reacts quickly to catch Peacock’s foot and he pulls him in and then trips the champion down and Peacock falls down onto his back.

weaselperson spins around with Peacock’s leg in their possession but Peacock pushes him away with his other foot and then kips up behind weaselperson. When weaselperson turns back around, Peacock rushes across and cuts him off with a knee to the midsection and then Peacock lands a couple of quick jabs. Before going for the third, Peacock spins on the spot and shoots his finger into the air and goes for a third punch, but weaselperson grabs Peacock’s hand and moves behind Peacock and applies a Hammerlock.

Peacock swings wildly back with an elbow strike, but weaselperson ducks it and then lifts Peacock up into the air and drops him down onto his back with a Hammerlock Suplex! Peacock falls to the mat and holds his shoulder, wincing.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "I’m not sure that anyone with a decent wrestling knowledge base will argue that Chris Peacock is a better technical wrestler than weaselperson, given that we know who it is underneath that mask. Peacock needs to make sure that he wrestles this match his way; in a similar vein to what his tactic will need to be against Cyrus Truth at Back in Business, Price."

Allen Price: "Well, I do think Chris Peacock is a better wrestler than this furry idiot, Jean-Luc! He’s the FWA World Champion, if that is not enough of an indicator that he is the best in the world then I don’t know what is."

To weaselperson’s frustration, Chris Peacock rolls underneath the bottom rope and lands on his feet on the floor, and he windmills his shoulder to stretch it out. weaselperson protests with the referee to ensure that the official begins his count and Larry Stevens does so which causes Peacock to crack a small smile. Once Stevens is up to a count of five, Peacock pulls himself up onto the apron and whilst on his knees, weaselperson comes in and looks to bring Peacock back in the hard way, but Peacock reaches up and catches him on the top rope!

The crowd do boo the champion slightly for the underhanded move, but it has been effective as Peacock then runs across the apron and climbs onto the top rope and measures weaselperson - Glitterball Drop! The Seated Senton causes weaselperson to crumble to the mat under Peacock’s weight and Chris then transitions into a pin;

ONE… TW-NO!!

Despite the early kick out, Peacock does not show any form of frustration and seems to be focused on the task at hand and he then lifts weaselperson from the mat and throws them through the ropes and weaselperson takes a nasty spill down to the floor on the outside! The FWA World Champion is quick to follow them out there and he picks weaselperson up from the floor and then slings him straight into the ring barricade!

Allen Price: "Looks like Chris took your advice, Jean-Luc. He is wrestling his style of match. The champion is a fighter and you don’t want to get into a street fight with him! This is what an adolescence of dancing your way through the streets of Brooklyn gets you!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "It started with a use of the environment to his advantage and he is going to continue to do that now that he has weaselperson outside of the ring and without weaselperson in there to enforce the count, I think that the referee is happy to let this thing play out whilst they’re on the outside."

Peacock attempts to drag weaselperson towards the ring apron, but weaselperson blocks the attempted slamming of their head into the hardest part of the ring with their hands. A Quick elbow to Peacock’s ribs is enough to cut the champion off but as weaselperson attempts to force Peacock back into the ring, Peacock gets a cut off of his own with a knee to the hip. Peacock then shoves weaselperson back and the back of weaselperson’s head slams into the ring barricade!

Replays show it was a nasty landing for weaselperson, and Peacock then lifts them up from the floor and hooks them up in a Suplex position, and Peacock drops weaselperson down onto the barricade with a Front Suplex! Peacock smirks towards the camera and waves with a little “Hi Devin!” which gets a couple of laughs from the fans who hear it.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "A little rotten touch on the ring barricade for weaselperson there, and Chris Peacock shows he cannot resist taking shots at the man he retired earlier this year to become the FWA World Champion. The kind of thing that could cost him in matches like this and also at Back in Business."

Allen Price: "Speaking of not resisting being able to make jibes, can you cut it out? I thought you were past all your anti-Peacock agenda days?"

Regardless of how the commentary team feel about Chris Peacock, there is no denying that he is in full control of the match at the moment as he steps back and measures weaselperson hanging over the barricade and he charges forward and hits weaselperson with a Famouser! weaselperson falls to the floor, landing straight on their face, and Peacock then picks them up and rolls them into the ring. Peacock slides back in and gets on top for another pin attempt;

ONE… TWO… NO!!!

Again, Peacock stays on top of weaselperson after the cover and turns them over, clubbing weaselperson a couple of times in the back and then sending them into the turnbuckle in the ring after bringing them up. Peacock charges in and weaselperson gets a foot up and Peacock runs straight into it, staggering back a few paces. weaselperson then measures Peacock and charges forward, taking him down with a Lariat!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Lariat from weaselperson - a message being sent to someone else, perhaps?"

Allen Price: "They copied the One Shot Kill! Y-you can’t do things like that, Jean-Luc!"

weaselperson stands over Peacock and then reaches down and grabs the champion by the wrists and attempts to stomp on Peacock’s head, but Peacock gets his feet on weaselperson’s hips and then leans back and weaselperson goes over the top of Peacock and they lie next to each other on the mat with their heads touching, but still linked by their hands. Peacock attempts to roll them one way, but weaselperson tries the other but they meet resistance from the other.

Peacock manages to create enough momentum to roll the two of them the way he desires and they rise to their feet together face-to-face but weaselperson cuts Peacock off with a stiff Headbutt directly to the bridge of the nose! weaselperson maintains their grip on Peacock’s hands as Peacock drops to his knees and weaselperson brings Peacock into their knee and then hooks him up… Double Underhook DDT! With Peacock dropped on his head, weaselperson shoves him to the side and puts him on his back.

ONE… TWO… NO!!!

Quickly getting out of the pin, weaselperson turns Peacock over and wrenches his arm up his back and keeps him grounded in the middle of the ring, looking to contort his body any which way that he can. Peacock grits his teeth and tries pulling himself up and getting his other arm back around weaselperson’s head. They rise to their feet together, but weaselperson trips Peacock up and he falls straight down onto his face.

weaselperson then reaches through Peacock’s legs and grabs both of his arms… AND LOCKS HIM INTO THE WEASEL ME THIS! The crowd cheers as weaselperson sits on top of Peacock and applies as much pressure on the hold as they can. The referee gets straight into Peacock’s face and asks him whether he plans to submit, but Peacock vigorously shakes his head.

Allen Price: "Come on, Chris! Don’t give up! You’re the champion - champions never give up!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "weaselperson has Chris Peacock right in the middle of the ring, this is not a good place for the champion to be and what a victory this could be for weaselperson, defeating both halves of the Back in Business main event in the space of a few weeks! But for Peacock, you’d think maybe that submitting and preserving himself for both of his matches at Back in Business might be the smarter play?"

Allen Price: "It’s not going to happen, Jean-Luc. If there’s one thing we know about Chris Peacock it is that he never knows when to quit and he’s not about to start now. He will not rest until he finds a way out of this hold."

The technique used by weaselperson, the positioning in the centre of the ring and the mere nature of the hold itself means that Peacock could be on the verge of losing the match but he is determined to fight out of it as much as he can. His eyes begin to close and Stevens looks about to call for the bell, but Peacock comes back to life and screams as loudly as he can and uses all of the strength he can muster to raise his backside into the air and relieve some of the pressure on him.

This causes weaselperson’s feet to leave the floor, and weaselperson loses some of his balance whilst sat on top of Peacock as a result and this allows Peacock to release one of his hands and he pushes off of the mat with it and weaselperson is forced to slide down Peacock’s back! The crowd cheer as Peacock escapes the hold as it means the match continuing, but weaselperson is able to quickly get behind Peacock and they lift him up and weaselperson drops Peacock on his neck with a Deadlift German Suplex!

weaselperson does not release their grip from around Peacock’s waist and they roll over, trying to take Peacock over with another, but Peacock resists as much as he can, trying to stop himself from getting elevated once again. weaselperson takes a second to adjust their footing, but this gives Peacock the opening he needs to shoot his fist into the air and catch weaselperson with Fight Fever!

It knocks weaselperson back and Peacock gets to his feet from his knees as well and both charge in, looking for a Clothesline, and they take each other out! With both now down on the mat, the crowd rises up and cheers loudly for their efforts.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "What a performance from both Chris Peacock and weaselperson here tonight, Price. They both appreciate the importance of this match and how it will shape their momentum heading into Back in Business. A victory for either sends an absolutely huge statement to their respective opponents."

Allen Price: "Well, with Golden Opportunity not too long after Back in Business and with weaselperson being in that match, he’s finding out just how hard it is going to be to knock Peacock off should he win. Although with Alytser Black in there as well, I don’t really see that happening!"

In the middle of the ring, both Peacock and weaselperson rise to their feet and the crowd get behind both of them as they take turns exchanging strikes; weaselperson with elbows and Peacock responding with forearms. weaselperson seems to be getting the advantage after being in control for the majority of the last few minutes, and several connections with Peacock’s head results in him forcing the FWA World Champion back into the ropes and weaselperson then shoots Peacock off across the ring.

Peacock hits the ropes and then ducks the attempted shot in return from weaselperson and then he hits the opposite ropes and comes back, taking weaselperson down with a Spear! Peacock rises to his feet, a surge of adrenaline flowing through him and he beats his chest. With weaselperson down in the middle of the ring, Peacock backs into the corner and nods his head as he lines his opponent up. Peacock charges in… AND CRACKS WEASELPERSON WITH THE STRUT! The knee smashes weaselperson straight in the mouth and Peacock drops down to his knees and then hooks the leg;

ONE!

TWO!!

THREE-

-NO!!!!

Allen Price: "HOW!? I can’t even believe that weaselperson kicked out of that, Jean-Luc!"

There is a look of clear shock on Peacock’s face after weaselperson kicks out of the move and he puts his head in his hands, but a knowing nod then shows that he knows what he needs to do next. The crowd seem to be on Peacock’s wavelength as well as he crouches down in the corner waiting for weaselperson to rise from the mat in the middle of the ring.

Once weaselperson is back to a vertical base, Peacock charges forward and collects weaselperson on his shoulder and runs them straight into the opposite turnbuckle! Peacock turns out of it, looking for the Spinebuster which usually follows to complete the Roller Disco sequence but weaselperson is still in the corner, having grabbed onto the turnbuckle. With his eyes widened, Peacock turns around and sees weaselperson coming towards him with a FLYING KNEE - BUT PEACOCK CATCHES IT… AND LOCKS IN THE COMMENTATOR’S CURSE!!!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "There’s that Kneebar - and you don’t need to say anything like you usually do, Price - and what a turn of events to see the submission specialist in weaselperson trapped in a hold by someone who only knows one submission?"

Allen Price: "Why learn more of them, Jean-Luc? This one does the trick almost every time - as you know very well!"

Peacock grits his teeth and pulls back on weaselperson’s leg, trying to force a submission against his opponent in what would be a surprising course of events. Even through the costume, it is clear from their body language that weaselperson is in some serious discomfort being trapped in the hold and Peacock’s desperation to get the person who defeated his Back in Business opponent to tap out only makes things worse.

In fact, the ferocity in which Peacock is pulling on weaselperson’s leg actually causes the costume itself to pull away at the leg, constricting down on weaselperson’s face and head and it is a disturbing scene to see weaselperson’s face move on their head towards their chest. As a result of this, Peacock’s grip on the leg of the man inside the costume slips slightly, and this is the opening that weaselperson needs to stand up whilst in the submission and they crack Peacock in the face with an elbow which causes him to go limp for a second.

weaselperson grabs Peacock’s wrists once more and this time successfully lands several stomps on his face and chest, until the FWA World Champion’s body begins to fall limp as weaselperson holds it up.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Things aren’t looking good for Peacock - weaselperson is going to go in for the kill!”

Adjusting their grip, weaselperson pulls Peacock up from the mat and puts his head underneath his arm… AND APPLIES A GUILLOTINE CHOKE!! After being beaten down by weaselperson prior to getting caught in the submission, Peacock does not have much life left in him as it is and he tries fighting as weaselperson only cinches the hold in tighter to truly cut off the oxygen supply to Peacock’s brain.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "It’s over! Just give it up, Peacock! Admit when you’re beaten, you damned fool!”

Allen Price: "I told you, Jean-Luc - Chris Peacock never gives up!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "For the sake of his own personal wellbeing, he has to, Price! Cyrus Truth knew when he was beaten and he did the smart thing. Peacock might think this comes off as brave but it is actually reckless… how can you defend a world championship whilst breathing through a tube?”

The last semblances of a fight from Chris Peacock slowly ebb away as he is truly stuck in the clutches of the submission specialist. His raised hand slowly falls to the match.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "You absolute idiot, Peacock. Stubbornness. Pettiness. Recklessness. That’s what is going to cost Chris Peacock his championships or worse if he doesn’t wisen up.”

With Peacock’s body completely limp, Larry Stevens checks on his face and sees that his eyes are closed and his face is turning a shade of blue so he motions to the timekeeper to wave the match off - “HE’S OUT! IT’S OVER!”

Winner: weaselperson by Referee Stoppage at 16:02.

Natalie Rosenberg: "Here is your winner… WEASELPERSON!"

There is a hush in the arena before those supporting weaselperson make their voices heard, and as soon as they hear the bell, weaselperson drops Peacock and allows ‘Disco’s Last Warrior’ to fall to the mat limply. Larry Stevens quickly raises weaselperson’s hand and then drops down to check on Peacock.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Obviously anyone getting hurt is an unfortunate side effect of being a part of this industry, but should being trapped in that Guillotine Choke for too long have any lingering effects for Chris Peacock, I do not think he will have anyone to blame but himself, Price. An atmospherically important victory for weaselperson here tonight on Fallout 031, putting themselves in prime position going into Back in Business. Remember, he has a Three Way Ladder Match to get through first before he even reaches Cyrus Truth…”

Allen Price: "weaselperson wrestled one hell of a match, I can admit that, but I think Chris Peacock would have rather died than tapped out. He’ll be fine for Back in Business… he has to be."

After being declared the victor, weaselperson leaves the ring and starts walking up the ramp as the camera shows that Peacock is still out of it in the middle of the ring, with Stevens trying to rouse him from his unconscious state. As weaselperson reaches the stage, they pause as another walks out… Cyrus Truth.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Peacock all but wrote off Cyrus Truth’s chances of beating him at Back in Business earlier tonight, but will he have a change of heart when he comes to, given what we just witnessed?”

Truth and weaselperson look at each other for a moment but do not interact in any way and Cyrus then marches towards the ring whilst weaselperson fades away into the background and behind the curtain. With his eyes firmly on Chris Peacock, Truth walks down the ramp and then gets into the ring where he stands over Peacock.

His eyes drift from the downed champion to the FWA World Championship laid on the mat next to him. Cyrus reaches down and picks it up, as a rush of familiarity overcomes him with the gold in his hand. It feels like it belongs to him, even though he knows it does not. Not yet, anyway.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Could this be what we see at Back in Business? Does Cyrus Truth have it in him to once again hold the FWA World Championship, despite Chris Peacock’s assertions? Well, we are counting down the days until we can find out. Ladies, gentlemen and wrestling fans alike… the Path to Back in Business ends here.”

Chris Peacock’s eyes flicker open and the first thing he sees is Cyrus Truth holding his championship in his hand. Instinctively, he reaches for it, pawing at the air, without really understanding what is happening. Cyrus looks down at Peacock and then drops the title into his lap.

Meltdown ends with a close up shot of the FWA World Champion looking down at his title and then at the challenger’s face… and the realisation setting in.

A realisation… of how truly fucked he is.

navy.png

Tommy Bedlam

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Such a good show. I'll try to come back and post a more detailed review later today. But I wanted to say something publicly that I had shared with @Jimmy King privately. That Jason Randall promo during the contract signing had me ready to run through a brick wall for the guy who put Tommy on the shelf for a few months. Sometimes it's hard to really convey passion through a written segment, but Jimmy absolutely killed it with Jason right there.