Fallout 029: 'KEEP FALLOUT WEIRD' || RESULTS

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Olq4IkS.png

029: “KEEP FALLOUT WEIRD.”
Live from the Frank Erwin Centre in Austin, Texas, USA.
Saturday 27th May, 2023.

f5be0327-dd54-4bfd-aa6e-17056613ebac-jwj_UT_Stadium_0046.JPG

There’s general booing around the arena as the show opens up on the team of the Avatar, the Maid, and the Huntress walk out onto the stage.

Natalie Rosenberg: “The following is a trios match, scheduled for one-fall and with a twenty minute time limit… introducing first, at a combined weight of four hundred and two pounds… from Everywhere... NOE-I, the Maid of Death, and Kha’’rina Halruzh… Cthulhu’s Nephews!!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Welcome, wrestling fans, to Fallout 029! And here come one subset of Cthulhu’s Nephews, who asked to be booked in trios competition this week following the announcement of the Trios Championships. Those belts will of course be handed out following an open entry battle royale, and this request from Kha’’rina, the Maid, and NOE-I is surely no coincidence.”

Allen Price: “And something tells me they won’t be the only Nephew-affiliated trio lining up at Back in Business for that one…”

NOE-I has smiles for the fans and high fives for those on the front row. Kha’’rina and the Maid are more focused on their business as they climb into the ring. NOE-I follows them in as their music fades out, replaced by…

]

The lights of the arena dim as the lights near the stage flash purple and gold in tune with the strings of the music. All video screens are off apart from the one showing the main entrance video. The music builds for eight seconds then Princess Nova makes her way out first. Her long skirt flowing behind her with her arms out near her hips. She spins and does a curtsy near the stage as her tag partner and “little sister,” Keres is carried out by two followers. Meeting Princess Nova on the stage, she lightly taps Nova’s head before the two make their way down the ramp, Princess Nova walking, and Keres being carried.

Natalie Rosenberg: “Their opponents… first, from The Residence, the TORN Angel, Princess Nova, the Daughter of Demise, Keres, they… are… Eternal!!!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Here come a pair that look confident and easy with one another, and they’ll be hoping that chemistry extends to their third partner tonight. Whilst Keres and Princess Nova have teamed together many times, the same can’t be said of Lizzie Rose.”

Allen Price: ”The three of them have been spending a lot of time together, though. I imagine this sisterhood will have one or two tricks of their own up their sleeves.”

On her way down the ramp, Princess Nova has a wide, almost disturbing grin, giggling as she does a “Princess wave” to some of the fans. Keres remains unflinching, being carried by her followers. The two pause at ringside…

Lizzie Rose walks out onto the stage looking a lot less confident than the two women designated as her partners for the night. She looks awkwardly around at the audience, taking in the cheering fans, before walking down the ramp.

Natalie Rosenberg: “And their partner… from Brooklyn, New York… weighing in at ninety nine pounds… ‘The Rave’... Lizzie Rose!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Well, we’ve seen an interesting series of events involving Eternal and Lizzie Rose, with ‘The Rave’ apparently falling under the spell of Princess Nova and Keres, introduced to their TORN Universe and FYOG…”

Allen Price: “I’m not sure I’ve followed much of what’s happened with this trio. But then again, I don’t usually follow much of what happens around here. I just hope they can get on the same page and show these Nephews what for…”

Lizzie arrives at the base of the ramp, looking from side to side at the two women either side of her. They roll into the ring first, Lizzie climbing in much more hesitantly shortly afterwards. Rose’s music ends and the official conducts his final checks. Eternal climb out of the ring on one side, waiting on the apron as NOE-I is left to start things off for the Nephews. Finally, the official calls for the bell…

FIRST MATCH - 1/20.
Eternal (Princess Nova and Keres) and Lizzie Rose vs. Cthulhu’s Nephews (Maid of Death, NOE-I, and Kha’’rina Halruzh).
Trios Match.
Match Writer: SS.

<< 00:00. >>

NOE-I begins to circle the ring, with Lizzie reciprocating on the other side of it, the pair eventually bringing it together in a collar and elbow to start things off…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "We saw what you could describe as a lethargic Lizzie Rose during that eight-person elimination match two weeks ago on 028, but she seems a little more focused and, well, with it here tonight in Austin…"

Indeed, after NOE-I slips behind and into a hammer lock, Lizzie manages to escape with a trio of elbow strikes to the side of the head, followed by a stamp down on the foot! NOE-I recoils, and then Rose catches her with a spinning heel kick! The Avatar bounces up to her feet, but Lizzie puts her back down with a scoop slam! Rose goes for the cover…

ONE… NO!

Kickout from NOE-I, who promptly rolls over to her corner to tag in the Maid. MoD climbs through the ropes and charges over at Lizzie, eating a flapjack for her troubles! In comes Kha''rina… Rose takes the third Nephew down with a spinning back elbow!

Allen Price: "Lizzie Rose is cooking on all cylinders!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Remember that this is a team game tonight though, Price! Seems like Lizzie's partners want in on the action!"

Both Keres and Princess Nova are leaning over the top rope for the tag, and - after a moment or two consideration of the image - Lizzie tags in the Princess. Nova hops in over the top rope and, with the Maid back up on her feet, promptly takes the legal Nephew down with a hair-pull neckbreaker! Nova with the cover…

ONE… T – NO!

The Maid gets the shoulder up, which sees Nova promptly slapping on a grounded headscissors lock to continue to wear her opponent down…

<< 04:57. >>

Eternal (and Rose) have done a good job of dividing the ring in two and keeping the Maid on their side of it. Keres is in the ring and hits a combination of a sit-out jawbreaker, followed by a hurricanrana, putting the Maid on the mat. She then tags in Lizzie before hoisting MoD up and putting her in a front facelock. She encourages Rose to join in on the other side, which Lizzie eventually does, helping Keres take the Maid up and over with a double snap suplex! Before exiting the room, Keres takes a deep bow in the direction of the Nephews, agitating them to the point where Kha''rina tries to climb into the ring for a confrontation…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "This Halruzh seems like a bit of a hothead! She hasn't had the chance to get into the ring legally yet, and now she's doing so illegally…"

Allen Price: "Referee's having none of it, though… which allows Eternal to lay in some boots on the Maid!!"

Indeed, with the official facing in the wrong direction and dealing with Kha''rina, Keres and Nova have both entered the ring and proceed to stomp on the Maid. Lizzie looks slightly conflicted, before pulling her partners off their prone opponent.

Allen Price: "Doesn't look like Lizzie wants to bend any rules…"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Pretty dangerous against the Nephews."

Lizzie seems to have talked her partners around, and both members of Eternal climb out onto the apron. Nova tags in and climbs straight up to the top turnbuckle, waiting for the Maid to rise to her feet on the inside. MoD stumbles round to face Nova, who leaps off the top with a seated senton…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Caught by the Maid!!"

Allen Price: "Incredible strength!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "And then a MASSIVE powerbomb!!"

The Maid slams Nova down with the move, stumbles to the corner, and tags in Kha''rina… who connects with a leg lariat for the rising Nova! The Princess is quick to her feet again, but Halruzh plants her back down with a code red!! And then she puts Nova in an STF!!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Dangerous position here for the Princess!"

Allen Price: "Don't forget her partner! Keres is in the ring to break it up!"

The official immediately begins to get Keres out of the ring again, allowing Kha''rina to drag Nova into their corner and - with the Nephews on the advantage - makes a tag to NOE-I…

<< 10:15. >>

Kha''rina and Keres are in the ring, trading forearm strikes, when it looks like Keres is getting better of the exchange, backing Halruzh into a corner. Keres hits a hard Irish whip into the opposite set of turnbuckles and attempts to run through Kha''rina with a clothesline… only for the Nephew to duck and connect with a backdrop driver! Kha''rina doesn't go for the cover, instead hoisting Keres up and whipping her off the ropes. Halruzh doesn't notice the blind tag from Lizzie Rose and instead clatters into the reapproaching Keres with a roaring elbow! Kha''rina with the cover…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Keres isn't the legal competitor, here, but Kha''rina doesn't realise it!"

Allen Price: "I think she's about to find out…"

Indeed, Lizzie comes into the ring off the top rope, landing a leg drop over the back of Kha''rina's neck! Rose gets to her feet and notices NOE-I charging in at her… dropkick to the knees! The Rave connects, and is once more up quick enough to spot the Maid charging at her.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Lizzie Rose with a HUGE back body drop!! The Maid of Death is propelled up over the top rope, landing in a heap on the outside!!"

Rose is shaping up for one more big move, stalking the rising Kha''rina from a corner… when, suddenly, Princess Nova attempts to climb into the ring. Wanting to get a lid on things, the official is over to her corner to stop her from doing so, meaning his back is turned on Keres on the other side of the ring!

Allen Price: "Uh-oh! Keres has a steel chair in her hands!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "But I don't think she intends to use it herself… she's just slid it into the ring! In the direction of Lizzie Rose!!"

Allen Price: "This would be out of character… what's Lizzie going to do?!"

Lizzie stares down at the foreign object for more than a moment, a complicated expression upon her face… before finall she kicks the chair back under the bottom rope and onto the outside. She turns to face Keres, staring over the top rope at her partner on the outside, and then shakes her head…

… but doesn't see Kha''rina creeping up behind her!

Allen Price: "SCHOOOOLBOOOOOY ROOOOLL-UUUP!!"

ONE… TWO…

NOE-I grabs Keres, the Maid grabs Nova, and Kha''rina grabs a handful of tights…

THREE!!

Winner: Cthulhu’s Nephews by pinfall at 13:45.

Allen Price: "Got her!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "And in typical Nephew style!"

Kha''rina is quick to roll out of the ring as both members of Eternal slide into it, the Nephews reconvening by the ramp with smiles on their faces.

Natalie Rosenberg: "Here are your winners… Kha''rina Halruzh… the Maid of Death… and NOE-I… CTHULHU'S NEPHEWS!!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Kha''rina Halruzh picking up a win in her debut match, and the Nephews making a statement ahead of Back in Business's trios battle royale…"

Allen Price: "I think the bigger story, though, is the one regarding Lizzie Rose and Eternal. The Rave refuses to cheat and, in the process, ends up losing the match almost as a direct result."

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Will be interesting to see how this result affects the budding relationship between Rose and Eternal…"

We get a shot of the three women in the ring, who glance at one another wordlessly, a little frustrated by the climax of the match. Then we fade away from the arena.

navy.png

Allen Price: “Well, here comes Fallout’s resident masked wrestler.”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “The brand split is over Allen, the FWA has many resident masked wrestlers”

Allen Price: “True, but haven’t you noticed that Alyster has only appeared on Fallout as of late?”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “I believe he appeared on Meltdown just this week.”

Allen Price: “I didn’t see him there. Are you feeling well JL?”

Alyster steps out from behind the curtain, dressed in his casual attire yet again. He shakes his head as he marches down the ramp and meets Katie Lynn-Goldsmith at her usual waiting position, taking a ready microphone from her before sliding into the ring.

Alyster Black: “I’ve got a few things to say and little patience so I’m going to get through this quickly.”

“First of all, I saw Meltdown this week and whatever that was supposed to be it wasn’t the least bit funny. What even was the joke? Do you think I’m a dragon? Do you think I only speak in garbled roars? I don’t get it, and if this is your way of trying to goad me into a match then it hasn’t worked. And for those of you that have no idea who or what I’m talking about well… I’m not even going to mention their name.”

A small weaselperson chant breaks out amongst the crowd but is promptly ignored as Alyster approaches the ropes and the camera zooms in on his masked visage.

Alyster Black: “That's how little you mean to me.”

Allen Price: “Nothing that happens on Meltdown is ever really funny or worth watching. Except for Chris Peacock beating that chump Shawn Summers!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Is Alyster trying to imply that dragonperson was weaselperson?”

Allen Price: “Of course not JL. dragonperson is their own person, duh.”

Alyster backs off and waits for the crowd to die down, he’s garnered a few boos from a crowd outside of NOLA for his apparent cowardice in the face of his refusal to acknowledge Zachary Kazadi.

Alyster Black: “With that being said, I’ve got something to get off my chest. This company. FWA. I have given you my fucking soul, and how to do thank me for this? With bullshit. When your top stars all lost their smile and stepped away, who lifted the entire FWA world like Atlas? It was me, I carried this place. I continued to defend the FWA X Championship whilst also challenging for the FWA World Championship. I donned Dos Belts for this place, I bled, I shed some tears and I fought each and every body you threw in front of me. I was on the run of my career, a run that one day will earn me a place in your Hall of Fame, I was dual X and World Champion. I was a real double champion, unlike a certain c*** who thinks he’s on my level.”

“When the F1 came around what happened? I beat everyone in my block. I beat them all, most of them without time to prepare because as I said before, as every top star lost their will to fight others had to step up and Alyster Black had to beat them back down to their spot. I ran the gauntlet, I beat everyone in my block while defending the X Championship, whilst winning the World and subsequently while losing that very same World Championship. Under such circumstances how could anyone be expected to do well? How could any mortal survive what I survived? Do you think Danny Toner could have beat the entire A block, do you think Danny Toner could have beat Michelle von Horrowitz? Do you think Danny Toner could have held the FWA X Championship longer than anyone else had before?”

“I did.”

“I did my best damn it, I fought as hard as I could, but as great as I am, as legendary a run as I was on…nothing lasts forever. Every empire eventually crumbles under its own weight and Alyster Black’s run on the top is no exception.”

“But Alyster Black is not the FWA’s favourite son. You see, I didn’t make the jump from CWA early enough. Not like Cyrus Truth. Cyrus who lost three matches in the F1 Climaxxx. Cyrus who was very much defeated in his block. Cyrus who didn’t have to defend the X Championship, Cyrus who came up short in winning the World Championship, Cyrus who was not tossed off the top of three cages to his doom. Cyrus Truth who when my best friend in the world, Chris Peacock, had to bow out of the tournament to pursue his own World Championship dreams, was allowed to re-enter the F1 Climaxxx after having already been eliminated. Cyrus Truth who took advantage of Alyster Black, who had been tossed off the top of the third cage and had just lost the World Championship. Cyrus Truth who lost in the finals of the F1 Climaxxx, and still was granted a shot at the World Championship at the Grand March. Cyrus Truth, who entered the Carnal Contendership at number 30…and was handed another shot at the World Championship at Back in Business.”

“I have sacrificed everything for this company. I have the letters FWA carved into my chest. And this place has thanked me for my service by stealing my Back in Business main event from me. Fuck this place, and fuck Back in Business.”

Alyster drops the microphone and again approaches the ropes. He raises his finger and traces the letters C D W in the air before exiting the ring and leaving through the crowd.

Allen Price: “We were all robbed of our dream Back in Business main event when Cyrus was just handed the Carnal Contendership. Alyster Black is right, we should all be ashamed of ourselves.”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Surely you’re jesting Allen. Alyster hasn’t been dealt a bad hand, he’s been pushed and fairly challenged. If he can’t hack it then that’s on him.”

navy.png

KodaiJi_evening_garden_illuminations-1-1024x683.jpg

It is a beautiful Spring night in Kyoto, Japan. In one of the city's many traditional Japanese gardens, lights give a gentle glow along the paths, breaking the many dark shadows of the trees and creating a mirroring reflection on the water below. All is quiet in the garden. Approaching the dock of the water is a young lady in a kimono dress. Traditional white with red flowers on it. On top of her head is a familiar mask. Katsu’s. Her white and red mask with kitsune ears. Heading along the water’s surface, she looks down, holding something close to her chest. Her reflection is seen. The gentle glow from the light on her mask. Clear night sky above her with a few stars peeking out beyond the light pollution of the city. Katsu takes a seat along the edge of the dock, crossing her legs.

Katsu: “Safe to say I am a woman with a lot on her plate? Again.”

She gives a small chuckle. Despite the rough ending to her night on Meltdown the previous week, she remains in high spirits. A pleasant change of pace for her.

Katsu: “A match for a Golden Opportunity of a life-time on the horizon. My friends are having success and wishing to continue it along my side again. This time in a new land- and a reaper looking down my door… Craving vengeance…”

Even through her mask you can see her put her tongue in her cheek, thinking back to her getting dropped on her head by someone she thought she was being a mentor to on Ground Zero.

Katsu: “I would like to think I am wise beyond my years. I’ve grown a lot as a person and a wrestler, but truthfully I have much to learn about the world around me, the sport I give my life to, and myself. I still find myself filled with emotions and stress. Some I have a hard time understanding. One lesson I learned recently is that the world is cruel. People are cruel. There is hate everywhere. So sometimes, if you can add a little less darkness to the world, it can be a better place… Until-”

Her voice catches. Some bitterness sits with her. But she steadies her breath and continues.

Katsu: “Until you find it at your door. Until you find it in your face, wishing to tear your world down. Then comes the paradox of tolerance. For tolerance to exist, there is only one thing in which you shall be intolerant of, and that is intolerance itself. Instead, you must fight for who you are. What you believe in. Silence the hate. I could mention many people who that can be true for, but there is only one I wish to talk about now. El Vengedor.”

The screen flashes several highlights of Ground Zero. Her as Vampyra coming down to the ring to raise El Vengedor’s hand. Behind the scenes footage of training with her team. Her in a tracksuit branded with the show’s logo, watching her team train, shouting encouragement and direction. Then, handing the FWA contract to the winner, a fellow masked marvel. She shakes his hand and raises it in the air once again before a short-arm clothesline drops her down with force. She is flipped up over and dropped with a Piledriver, Justicia. Thinking back, all Katsu shakes her head.

Katsu: “I gave you kindness. I wanted to give you a moment in front of the fans to celebrate your accomplishment. Welcome you to FWA. Because even after your actions, I still see your Ground Zero win as something to celebrate. But I also wanted to give you kindness I wish I felt in FWA at the start. I had few I was familiar with here and sometimes that support means the world. But it meant nothing to you. You threw me down for it… And for what?”

Clenching her fist, Katsu’s feeling a mix of emotions. Anger, disappointment. Everything.

Katsu: “-M-My coaching? My goal as a coach in Ground Zero was to ensure my team would exit the competition better as competitors and as people. I am young, but I tried. I tried because that was how Yukari Kozakai taught me. It was how Saori Suzuki treated me when I went to her a scared woman looking for a friend. And that should be the role of any coach. Grow your team inside and out. So sorry,”

She apologises, somewhat insincerely.

Katsu: “If I did not meet your expectations. Then what else? You had an issue with me wanting to celebrate your accomplishment? You THINK I wanted to take away from what you did?! I didn’t need to. I have my own things to look forward to in FWA. You did something amazing! You came back from elimination and won and I wanted you to be given a fair introduction for such an act. I especially know how frightening it could be entering a new place. Maybe just someone having your back or some respect goes a long way. I did all that FOR WHAT?! For you to lay me down in the middle of the ring! All in the name of your self-righteous idea of ‘justica?!’”

Katsu, realising she is beginning to raise her voice, lowers it, trying to NOT let her emotions get the best of her.

Katsu: “Disappointing. That’s what your words said. But, I think that is not the whole story… Because I like to think that I can see through someone’s mask, metaphorically, and behind each mask is a story to tell.”

Moving her arms away from her chest, we get a better glimpse of what she was holding. Her old mask. The one she wore as Vampyra. The sharp fangs, the horns, dark colours.

Katsu: “And do I have a little story to tell? On my first day with Ground Zero, we as coaches were given a chance to introduce ourselves to our team and train for the day. Judge their potential. So, after warm-ups, I gathered my team. El Vengedor. Taboo. Hemmlock, Toner, everyone. I introduced myself… and I asked you all to answer the same question: ‘Why do you wear your mask?’ I wanted to get to know each of you and what the masked tradition of wrestling means to you… Because I know I was unsure what it meant to me because of what I was going through. I got to you. I asked. You didn’t answer. Then again, until you finally said-”

There is some hesitation in her voice. She thinks back and says somewhat coldly…

Katsu: “My mask is my shield… and my sword.”

She lets those words sit… Before expanding.

Katsu: “It stuck with me. I sensed anguish in your voice. I learned more and more over those weeks. Watching how you fought and it dawned on me… You were a hurt man.”

Her voice catches again… A tear welts in her eye, but she quickly wipes it away-

Katsu: “And I never related to another person more in that moment. You fight for your sense of justice because you are a man who has felt pain. Your sword. Then you hide who you are for personal reasons, your protection. The shield. ”

Looking down at her old mask, she sighs.

Katsu: “I wore this mask scared of people finding out who I was. This persona was created by a woman who saw me as hurt and wanted me to hurt the world around me. It was my shield- and my sword. But there is a reason why I stopped.”

She looks up to the camera. Determination is in her eyes.

Katsu: “Because I knew that continuing down the road I was on would kill me! Not just I would suffer, but the world would and I became a wrestler- A masked wrestler to make the world better. To inspire! I am not going to add more intolerance to this world. End the cycle of hate. I was your coach, but YOU taught me something important. Vampyra is gone because of you-”

Gently placing her mask down, she lets it float on the water, away from her. Maybe here, it can be cleansed.

Katsu: “So thank you. And now, maybe I have a chance to beat the ‘lessons’ you failed to listen to into your dense skull!”

Looking up at the camera. Katsu looks forward, hoping that her message gets through to El Vengedor.

Katsu: “And how about that be in the same place we first met? Mexico. The birthplace of masked wrestling, an honour we both carry. Back in Business. There, this ‘so-called Coach’ will give you the harshest lesson of all... Never start a fight you're not prepared to take!”

Katsu winks.

Katsu: “Shin seikatsu… New Life.”

The camera zooms out, giving a view of the old Vampyra mask floating away. Katsu stands on the dock, standing tall, sending out her challenge at Back in Business.

navy.png

Boos fill the Frank Erwin Centre as that music means the arrival of the FWA North American Champion, Big Bryan Baxter. Baxter walks out from the back, not dressed to compete as he has on blue jeans, a Friendship Wrestling Alliance tee shirt, and his “Buddy System” jacket overtop the shirt. The North American Championship is nestled nicely on his shoulder.

Allen Price: “It would appear that we will have some company for this match, JL.”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Yes, I’m afraid so, Price. The North American Champion, Bryan Baxter, no doubt has quite the interest in this match featuring his Back in Business opponent.”

Allen Price: “I have a feeling he might have some things to say after the last episode of Fallout.”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “That’s right, those two got into quite the brawl when Mike Parr saw the opportunity to go after the champion when Baxter was putting a beat down on Violet Dreyer.”

While the crowd lets him have it, Baxter walks down the aisle, cutting the corner of the ring and makes his way over to the announce booth. He puts on the head seat and takes a seat next to a very uncomfortable Allen Price.

Bryan Baxter: "Well hello there, fellas. Thanks for havin’ me.”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Are you suggesting you were invited because I don’t think…”

Bryan Baxter: "Ahhh, that’s neither here nor there, Watkins. I’m just glad I get a first row seat to this amazing match we are about to witness.”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “I just hope you plan on behaving yourself in this…”

Bryan Baxter: "Me, not behave myself? What are you insinuating, Watkins? I’m nothing if not an upstanding citizen, am I not?”

Allen Price: “Well… I mean…”

Coming out to a mixed but mostly positive reaction, “The Prodigy” Mike Parr saunters out from the back. He stretches out his neck side to side before slowly making his way down the aisle.

Natalie Rosenberg: “The following match is scheduled for one fall with a thirty minute time limit! Introducing first… weighing in at two hundred, forty pounds… “The Prodigy”... MMMMMMIIIIIKKKEEEE PPPPPPPPPPAAAAARRRRRR!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Here he comes, Bryan, your Back in Business opponent… a former four time North American Champion and if he has his way, a soon to be five time champion!”

Bryan Baxter: "IF he has his way? Good thing he won’t. What kind of analysis are you guys offering over here?”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Don’t tell me you are taking Parr lightly? His resume speaks for itself AND he’s undefeated since he returned.”

Bryan Baxter: “Big whoop. While he was away I was racking up wins over guys like, oh I don’t know… Chris Peacock… Cyrus Truth… those names ring a bell? Oh yeah, they’re the guys in the Back in Business main event!”

Allen Price: “That is a fair point, JL…”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Sure, but The Prodigy has been wanting to get his hands on this belt ever since he lost it last time and…”
Bryan Baxter: “Exactly! He lost it! Something I haven’t done and don’t plan on doing. I’m perfectly fine being a ONE time champion because I don’t plan on losing.”

Mike Parr rounds the ring and starts to climb the ring steps but notices Baxter at the announce booth. Parr walks across the apron, facing down at Baxter.

Bryan Baxter: “Yeah, yeah… I know you want this bad boy…”

Baxter pats the North American title on his shoulder.

Bryan Baxter: “But you best focus on this match! You’ll get me when you get me!”

Parr seems to contemplate jumping down off the apron and going straight after Baxter, but instead he ignores the taunts from Baxter and steps into the ring.

It’s all cheers for the cowboy as Tommy Bedlam walks out alongside his pregnant fiance Randi. They stop at the top of the ramp as Randi poses and lifts up Tommy’s arm to get another big reaction from the crowd.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “One thing Parr and Tommy both have in common is the man Tommy has continued issues with, the FWA Television and X Champion Shawn Summers. We saw an interesting interaction earlier tonight between the two long time rivals Parr and Summers earlier tonight after they had yet another run in with one another during the Carnal Contendership.”

Allen Price: “Tommy is no doubt hoping to get himself another shot at Shawn Summers after Summers got himself disqualified at their Grand March encounter. And since then, Summers has added yet another belt! Becareful Baxter, he may be coming for yours next!”

Bryan Baxter: “I dunno, seems like he has his hands full with people who hate him already. Don’t think he wants to add another.”

Beginning to make their way down the aisle… TOMMY IS AMBUSHED FROM BEHIND!

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Speak if the devil! Shawn Summers himself comes out from the back and has attacked Tommy from behind! Perhaps some payback from Meltdown!”

A running lariat from behind catches Tommy by surprise and knocks him down to the floor. Summers puts a boot to the back of Tommy’s head as Randi screams out for her man, but Summers turns and looks at her, daring her to come after him, but wisely Randi decides to head for higher ground… especially as Tommy gets up and goes right back after Summers!

Allen Price: “Don’t think for one moment that Tommy Bedlam is going to just take a beating! He’s going right back at Summers!”

Tommy knees Summers in the midsection but Shawn comes back, raking the eyes of Tommy before taking him by the hair and tossing him into the guard rails. Meanwhile, in the ring, Mike Parr is watching on.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “While all this is going on, let’s not forget this is supposed to be a match! But as Summers and Tommy are going at it, Mike Parr is watching on… what’s he going to do here?”

Parr heads to the ropes, continuing to watch from a distance as Tommy begins to battle back against Summers in the aisle. He seem conflicted about getting involved in the scuffle between his former rival and the man he was scheduled to face tonight.

Before Parr could make a decision one way or another, the sound of a headset being tossed onto the table could be heard as Baxter had removed his and was now heading toward the ring.

Allen Price: “Wait just a minute! Bryan Baxter heading into the ring!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Parr may not get a chance to make a decision here because he has no idea Baxter is coming up from behind!”

Sliding into the ring, Baxter has the North American Title in his hand. He stalks over Parr, waiting until Parr turns around…

BAXTER SWING AT HIM WITH THE NORTH AMERICAN TITLE!

BUT PARR DUCKS!

Parr unloads a combination of punches and jabs to rock Baxter back, BBB dropping the NA title to the mat as Parr gets the best of him initially. The Prodigy attempts a belly to back suplex to the big man, but Baxter fights it off and then unloads a barrage of punches of his own to his BiB challenger before clotheslining Parr over the top rope!

Jean-Luc Watkins: “All Hell has broken loose here on Fallout! We’ve got Summers and Bedlam brawling in the aisle and now we have Parr and Baxter going at it right here in front of us! Sounds like this one is being thrown out, wrestling fans!”

As Baxter climbs down off the apron, Prodigy greets him with a running knee! FWA Security now floods the area, creating separation for Summers and Bedlam as well as Baxter and Parr. Baxter seemingly easily backs down from the fight, giving in to security. Back in the aisle, Tommy breaks free from security and so does Summers! Both men colliding in the aisle for some more back and forth fists until now road agents and some other FWA officials come out to pull these two apart.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “So many combustible elements just went off at once, Price… all four of these men are on a collision course with one another and something tells me the Path to Back in Business just got even more heated for all four of these men!”

As security continues to hold back the four, we fade to break.

navy.png

We cut away from the in-ring action into the hustle and bustle of London City life, several fast-forwarding shots of people crowding around various landmarks, people in crowds, taxis, stopping in blurs that go on down the streets...and goes down....and down.... what seems to be quite a gloomy and grimy alleyways deep in the middle of the night, a cold, dark place, a desolate, barren street that couldn't be any more different from the glitz and glamour of the London high streets the camera zooms down the alley and focuses on a sign.

WELCOME TO WHITE CHAPEL.

Realizing we're here in the most infamous streets in the world as if waiting for a cue, a shrill-pitched scream joining the choir of them from centuries past as if looking for the source, the camera zooms forward into the dark void as the sound gets louder and louder until the camera stops seemingly having located where the screams were coming from.

An old, dilapidated barber shop

Abruptly we cut to black, punctuated by the echoing sounds of a dry, throaty laugh quickly followed by the sounds of a scissors snip.

"THE BARBER SHOP IS OPENING SOON..."

navy.png

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”The action will roll on, wrestling fans because coming up in a matter of moments will be six person tag team action. It’ll be Bellatrix Bordeaux teaming up with The Coven again to take on the trio of Death Walker, Jason Randall, and XYZ.”

Allen Price: ”I hope for the sake of XYZ that Death Walker and Randall can put aside their differences for tonight if they want any chance of walking out of here with a win.”

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”Right you are, Price. Walker and Randall have a bitter rivalry that dates several months back, and don’t forget about Walker’s history with XYZ, I’m certain XYZ hasn’t forgotten.”

Allen Price: ”That’s right, and then on the other side we have Trixie teaming up with The Coven. Last time Trixie teamed up with Kleio in a winning effort over two of their opponents tonight, Randall and XYZ back at Fallout 027. This time Trixie has the Ravenwood sisters in her corner, and she’ll definitely be seeking out the same result as last time”

And now… all of the lights turn off momentarily as a demonic voice speaks out to all who are in attendance. While this intro plays, a bright red spotlight pops in the center of a smoke filled stage where it illuminates over a dark hooded figure. The song begins…

Natalie Rosenberg: ”The following contest is set for one fall with a twenty-minute-time-limit! Introducing first, from the Depths of Hell and weighing in at 243 lb…he is The Dark Traveler…Death Walker!”

…and the house lights are brought back on but flashing in between the colors of red and white. As we can see the hooded individual in an all-black sleeved cloak with dark red trim along with another individual in just an oversized black cloak standing right behind it. The two of them take a slow, methodical stroll down the path to the ring. They never raise their heads to reveal who's under these big hooded cloaks as each hides their identity well. That is until they step up the ring stairs and step between the top and middle rope. Once the first hooded figure positions itself in the center of the ring, the other walks over and stands in front of the first. Standing motionless for a few seconds as smoke surrounds the outside of the ring, the person from behind unhooks the other's cloak. And the evil entity known as Death Walker steps forward to reveal himself to the audience and drops the entire cloak with his arms forming an X at neck level. The crowd erupts in madness and chaos as his music most likely ends by now or replays all over again but Death Walker remains staring out at the hard camera to present fear and panic to whomever.

There’s a mixture of cheers and boos as The Wildcard steps out on stage. Randall scans the crowd for a few seconds before he starts to march down the ramp toward the ring.

Natalie Rosenberg: Introducing next, his tag team partner, from San Diego, California and weighing in at 234 lb…he is The Wildcard…Jason Randall!”

Randall enters the ring and he immediately locks eyes with Death Walker. Randall removes his vest and starts to run his mouth at Death Walker, and eventually Randall has to be held back by referee Matthew Dean.

The clear cut fan favorite out of this team, XYZ, makes his way out and the fans give him a nice ovation. XYZ postures a little for the fans on stage before he waltzes down to the ring.

Natalie Rosenberg: ”and their tag team partner, from Sitka, Alaska and weighing in at 180 lb…he is X…Y…Z!”

XYZ enters the ring and he does his best to play peacekeeper between his partners for this evening. XYZ is standing between Randall and Walker trying to calm them down, and Walker shoves XYZ into Randall and this prompts Randall to shove him back. The referee gets involved and gives a warning.

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”The referee and XYZ will have their hands full tonight trying to prevent Walker and Randall from trying to throw hands with each other.”

The upbeat music brings the fans to their feet and Trixie sprints out on stage and starts to dance and bop along to the music. She smiles brightly and she waves out to the thousands of fans in attendance.

Natalie Rosenberg: ”Their opponents, first from Baton Rouge, Louisiana and weighing in at 125 lbs…Bellatrix Bordeaux!”

Trixie’s music is cut off and replaced by more dark and somber music, and The Ravenwood sisters join Trixie on stage and they’re accompanied by Kleio De Santos. The trio make their way down to the ring while Kleio slowly follows behind.

Natalie Rosenberg: ”Her tag team partners, being accompanied by Kleio De Santos, weighing in at a combined weight of 220 lb and hailing from Lock Haven, Pennsylvania…Blaire and Celestia Ravenwood…The Coven!”

Blaire and Celestia each climb on separate turnbuckles and pose while Trixie slides into the ring underneath the bottom rope. The sisters hop off their turnbuckles and join Trixie in their respective corner and referee Matthew Dean goes over the rules with the ladies.

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”This will be a true test tonight The Ravenwoods and Trixie to see how well they fare as a trio before the open entry trios battle royale at Back in Business.”

Allen Price: ”I don’t believe the same can be said for their opponents. I don’t think we’ll see those three teaming up for the trios battle royale.”

SECOND MATCH - 1/20
XYZ, Death Walker, and Jason Randall vs. The Coven (Celestia Ravenwood and Blair Ravenwood) and Trixie Bordeaux.
Trios Match.
Match Writer: Jimmy.

DING! DING! DING!

<< 00:00 >>

Randall starts things off with Trixie Bordeaux and instead of the usual lock up, Randall takes it right to Trixie with a kick to the midsection that nearly takes Trixie off her feet! Some of the crowd boo Randall and he responds with another boot to the midsection! Trixie is doubled over and Randall pummels her down to the mat with repeated clubbing blows to the back! Trixie is down and out now as Randall lays the boots to her with some brutal stomps to her back. Trixie rolls over to try to get away but when she’s on her back Randall drives another boot down to her stomach! Randall uses the ropes as leverage while he plants his boot on her throat and tries to choke the life out of Trixie before Dean breaks it up…

Allen Price: ”Randall is just relentless and has given Trixie no room to breathe with this vicious onslaught!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”It’s what we’ve come to expect from The Wildcard, Price. Hard-hitting and no nonsense, Randall isn’t here to play nice or play by the rules for that matter.”

Trixie is brought to her feet by Randall and he unleashes a stiff open palm strike to Trixie’s chest! He follows that up with a sick knife edge chop that echoes throughout the arena, and he has Trixie on the ropes before he sends her across but Trixie manages to cling on to the ropes. Randall charges forward with a clothesline but Trixie counters with a boot to the face that stops Randall in his tracks. Trixie swings wildly and lands a mixture of punches and slaps to Randall that seem to have an effect on him because he’s standing there in a daze, and Trixie takes him down with a Thesz press and goes nuts on him. She’s slapping, headbutting, and even biting Randall until the referee pulls her off…

Allen Price: ”Trixie showed The Wildcard that she can play dirty too!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”Fair play but the biting seemed a bit excessive.”

<< 04:50 >>

Blaire Ravenwood is in for her team now as she squares off with XYZ and she’s quick to lock up with XYZ and she transitions into a standing arm lock before she takes him down with an arm bar. Blaire wrenches back on the and she drives down some elbows to the head for good measure.

To his credit though, XYZ starts to show signs of fighting back and with the fans rallying behind him, XYZ rises up and drives a couple of forearm strikes to Blaire’s head, which forces her to release her hold. XYZ then strikes with a standing dropkick to the chest that knocks Blaire back into the ropes and she stumbles forward into a leg sweep and XYZ follows up with a quick leaping elbow drop to the chest and he goes right into a pin…

ONE… NO!

XYZ tosses Blaire into the corner and looks for his vicious kicks to the thighs and shins, but Blaire counters that and tosses XYZ in the corner. Blaire lets off a flurry of punches and kicks to XYZ in the corner, and it’s highlighted by some beautifully executed boxing uppercuts that have XYZ reeling…

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”XYZ is in dire straits right now but fortunately for him Death Walker tagged himself in, which is rather unfortunate for Blaire Ravenwood.”

<< 08:45 >>

Blaire charges toward Walker but she’s immediately stopped in her tracks with a spinning back fist! Walker then launches Blaire across the ring with a capture suplex! Luckily for Blaire she landed near her corner, and Celestia tagged herself in. The younger Ravenwood is showing no fear despite who is standing before her, and she climbs to the top and leaps off with a crossbody, but Walker catches her in mid-air and immediately sends her crashing to the mat with a powerslam and he hooks the leg…

ONE… TW - - NO!

Death Walker tosses her to the corner and nails her with a flying forearm smash! Celestia is dazed in the corner and Randall takes it upon himself to tag himself in, much to Death Walker’s dismay…

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”I don’t think Death Walker was finished with Celestia and he’s not pleased about Randall trying to one up him.”

Allen Price: ”I don’t think Randall gives one iota how Death Walker feels, J-L.

Randall tries to show Walker how it’s done with some corner stomps to Celestia. Walker shoves him away and Randall shoves him back. The two men are nose to nose now but Dean breaks it up. Walker reluctantly returns to the apron only for Randall to tag him back in. Walker seems irate by Randall’s mindgames, but he returns to dishing out punishment on Celestia. Walker takes her by the wrist and sends her to the opposite corner, but Celestia turns it around and sends Walker to the corner and Celestia charges in with a running splash! Celestia is riding the wave of momentum and she charges in again and goes for a monkey flip. Walker has an answer for that though as he catches her and tosses her back into the corner.

Celestia manages to land on the top turnbuckle and waits for Walker to turn around and she leaps off with another crossbody. Death catches her but this time she turns it around on time and counters with a DDT! Celestia drops down for the pin…

ONE… TWO - - NO!

Death with a kick out that sends Celestia flying back to her corner and Death stumbles back near his corner where Randall has tagged himself back in again…

<< 12:21 >>

Trixie is back in and she charges at Randall, but he trips her up and counters with a drop toe hold sending her face first into the turnbuckle! Randall repositions her and lays into her with some corner stomps. Randall drags her away from the corner and levels her with a ripcord knee strike! Trixie is down to her knees and Randall unloads with some knee strikes to her head, and then he looks to follow that up with the Kill-Shot but Trixie avoids the move and catches him with a roll-up!

ONE… TWO… THR - - NO!

Randall kicks out forcefully and he rolls through and shakes it off. He gathers his bearings and has Trixie in his sights and goes for a kick to the gut…the set up for Snake Eyes…but Trixie catches it and pushes him back. Randall is sent flying back and he bumps into Death Walker on the apron, and Death falls off the apron to the outside. Randall looks out at him and shrugs before XYZ tags himself in. Then Death has had enough and yanks Randall from underneath the bottom rope and he launches Randall shoulder first into the steel steps! Death takes Randall by the head and starts leveling him with lefts and rights but Randall comes back with his own…

Allen Price: ”Things have gotten out of hand in a hurry and I don’t know if XYZ is aware he’s all alone now!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”It was inevitable that tensions would boil over and they’ve taken the fight through the crowd now!”

Death and Randall are still trading blows in the midst of the fans, meanwhile, back in the ring, Trixie has XYZ in trouble as she has him set up for Bundle of Fun…but XYZ rolls out of the way and Trixie gets nothing but turnbuckle! XYZ gathers his bearings and just now notices his partners are gone. The referee has his back turned trying to see where Randall and Death have gone to, and with that distraction, Kleio hangs XYZ out to dry as she drops him neck first across the top rope!

Blaire enters the ring and takes down XYZ with a Shining Witch! Trixie then makes the tag to Celestia who ascends to the top…Hex Bomb! She hooks the leg…

ONE… TWO… THREE!

Winner: Bellatrix Bordeaux & The Coven by pin fall at 13:01.

Natalie Rosenberg: ”The winners of the match, Bellatrix Bordeaux and The Coven!”

The three girls celebrate in the ring and they’re joined by Kleio, who joins in on the celebration while a fallen XYZ is tended to by the referee.

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”Talk about a big win for The Coven and Trixie heading into Back in Business in that trios battle royale! Although, I think it’s fair to give the assist to Kleio De Santos!”

Allen Price: ”What about Randall and Death Walker leaving XYZ high and dry like that?!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”Two combustible elements like that weren’t bound to get along for too long, Price. Anyway, we have more action coming your way, wrestling fans! Don’t go anywhere, we’ll be right back after this brief time out!

navy.png

We return to Fallout with the exterior shot of a pristine looking home with a white picket fence in an undisclosed suburb. The home which has been established as being the location that Jeremy Best has been keeping Krash. We fade from the exterior shot to the interior of the home where Krash is still sedated on the couch with Jeremy sitting next to him, his arm around Krash’s neck as they are once again watching television on a retro style box television on wheels. Last time we saw Krash, they were partaking in an episode of Scooby Doo while this time Jeremy is replaying Meltdown’s Sesame Street Fight.

Jeremy Best: ”Oh, Krashy, what a wonderful time we had on Sesame Street! We got to meet up with some of our old friends like Big Bird and Elmo… and wow, look at you go, making the save for me against that dastardly Jackson Fenix!”

Jeremy points to the screen as the masked “Krash” climbed into the ring and hit a low blow on Fenix.

Jeremy Best: ”You’re looking pretty spry out there! Almost seems like… you could be… dare I say it… ready for a return to the ring!?”

Jeremy turns and looks at the motionless Krash.

Jeremy Best: ”What’s that, buddy?”

He leans in, bringing his ear down to Krash’s unresponsive lips. A smile crosses Jeremy’s face.

Jeremy Best: ”That’s great news! I should warn you, things have changed a lot since you’ve been gone. Alyster Black is no longer X Champion and I’m pretty sure he’s called it quits on both you and the FWA. And Violet… well… I don’t think we’ll be seeing much of her anytime soon. Right now, I’m pretty much all you have, bud.”

“BUT…”

“That’s quite alright! Because I’m all you need, isn’t that right?”

Jeremy nods his head almost as if answering his own question.

Jeremy Best: ”A tag team? With me? Oh my goodness, that would be just amazing! A dream come true even.”

“What’s that, Krashy?”

“Oh, no, don’t worry about Bryan. He won’t mind. He has a lot on his plate right now with the North American title and all.”

“Great! Then it’s settled! Jeremy Best and Krash… The Friendship Wrestling Alliance… will make our debut NEXT WEEK!”

“Oh yeah? Good idea, buddy! And not only that… but at Back in Business… we’ll issue an open challenge to any tag team in the world! That’s how confident we are. Our bond is too strong to beat, no matter who you are!”

“OH! Here, watch this part… you didn’t get to see this… and you aren’t gonna want to miss the ending…”

Jeremy points back to the screen as the replay of the Sesame Street Fight continued on the screen while we fade back to Fallout.

navy.png

Nearly detaching it from its hinges, the door just about stays in place as Mike Parr flings it open with an understandable aggression given the events that had taken place earlier this evening.

Mike Parr: “You idiot!”

He admonishes himself under his breath, as he presses down an ice pack into his shoulder, trying to recover and rest as best he can. You know that, for someone who prides himself on being a step ahead of the game, that being caught by surprise hasn’t sat well with him. Particularly when the aforementioned surprise, on reflection, shouldn’t have been so much so.

Of course Baxter was going to try to get in his head. Of course Baxter was liable to attack. He was right there, after all. Parr throws a kick in the direction of one of the containers holding sound equipment, a slight twitch in the corner of his mouth perhaps indicative of that not being the smartest play that he has made. Mike paces back and forth, digesting the dull throb in his foot alongside the lack of foresight he had showcased earlier in the evening, when he is suddenly stopped in his tracks.

???: “You weren’t ready, Michael.”

He knows that voice all too well, with a callback not too dissimilar to this time last year. Mike swivels around on the spot and is now standing face to face with an old foe.

Shawn Summers: “Been quite the year, hasn’t it Michael? From the highest you could possibly get at Back in Business last year through to one failure after another. I know it’s obvious that the only way you would get the better of me would be to give it everything you had, but this…”

Shawn’s sentiment tails off as he flippantly throws a hand the way of Mike.

Shawn Summers: “This is almost making what happened at Back in Business last year more embarrassing by the week. Luckily, I don’t think many people remember that Shawn Summers, the greatest champion in the FWA, lost to….this.”

Shawn sneers, as Mike cocks his head to the right and lets out a wry smile.

Mike Parr: “Despite everything this year, I’m walking into the biggest show of the year with a chance to make history and do something that nobody has ever done before. The worst year of my career would be bookended by a win that makes me the greatest North American Champion of all time, by anybody’s metric, and a win in the main event last year over…..this.”

Mike returns the favor, and throws a dismissive hand in the direction of Shawn, who despite not breaking his steely glare and snarl can appreciate the retort.

Shawn Summers: “That’s cute, Michael. You weren’t feeling so cute whenever I threw you out of the Carnal Contendership match.

A sore point for sure for Mike, who for the first time in a number of years will not be afforded a spot in the Golden Opportunity match. His 9 year wait for a World Championship grows ever further away.

Mike Parr: “Throwing someone over the top rope is luck, beating them three times in a night…..”

Prodigy’s turn to take a pointed shot back at Summers, referencing their Three Strikes match last year once more.

Shawn Summers: “Before we start having too much fun together again, Michael, I came here because something struck me when we were both out there. I don’t trust anybody, I don’t like many but I can begrudgingly respect ability. For all that we went through last year, you made it out. You survived. You may have even, some might suggest, managed to shade our encounters…”

Summers involuntarily twitches as he tries to word that as delicately as possible as Mike remains unmoved.

Shawn Summers: “So what I’m about to suggest, Michael, is that….how can I put it…..that, you get ready. We aren’t going to be become best friends, but unless I’m reading the room wrong, we both have a problem that we could do with eradicating.”

Prodigy dips his head, almost unsure as to how to react. He brings his forefinger and his thumb and pinches the bridge of his nose between his eyes as he tries to digest the proposal, or what he assumes is a proposal, just made to him.

Mike Parr: “I’m never going to like you.”

Shawn Summers: “I would anticipate that you are not alone in that sentiment.”

Mike goes to respond, but pauses once more, as you can visibly see the debate raging internally. Shawn Summers attacked Mike Parr from behind two years ago after the main event in Paris Back in Business, before spending the next year trying to destroy him.

Mike Parr: “Beyond not even liking you, there is going to come a time where I’m going to come for you. For the New Breed, for the Golden Opportunity, for the Carnal Contendership. A win, no matter how great it was, doesn’t just make all of that go away.”

Shawn Summers: “I would be disappointed If you felt otherwise, Michael.”

Mike bites his lip, pensive now moreso than conflicted beforehand.

Mike Parr: “For the greater good, Bryan Baxter and for Tommy Bedlam, I’m inclined to believe that we can probably help each other out.”

It’s Shawn’s turn to grin, with a touch of arrogance given that it was his initial proposal. Mike, meanwhile, has a look that is indicative of someone trying to digest exactly what he just agreed to.

Shawn Summers: “Just to remove any possible confusion, I want the guy who took Michelle von Horrowitz and Krash to their limit. I want the guy who pushed me for a calendar year. I don’t need the bitch that lost to Chris Peacock and ran away with his tail between his legs when his little group crumbled. If the latter turns up, I might just do you a solid and put you out of your misery. I can’t carry that weight, I’ve got enough gold here to weigh me down.”

Parr’s hands have clenched into a fist – he wasn’t lying when he said he really doesn’t like Summers. His jaw is similarly clenched, but he is managing to restrain himself.

Mike Parr: “Try to make a move and you’ll know exactly what version of myself has turned up.”

An uneasy alliance, with assured mutual destruction of Tommy Bedlam and Bryan Baxter the goal, Mike takes his leave before the volatile agreement implodes. Shawn slowly nods in the affirmative, having got what he wanted, as he watches Mike march off into the distance.

navy.png

There is a good response from the crowd as they welcome Noriko Kaitomi into the arena and the young joshi star Noriko Kaitomi jogs out from the back with a broad smile on her face and waving to the fans. She makes her way down towards the ring, maintaining her positivity despite the mammoth task ahead of her tonight.

Natalie Rosenberg: “The following contest is scheduled for one fall with a twenty minute time limit! Introducing first, from Kamakura, Japan… she is the ‘Holy Knight of Kamakura’... NOOOOOORIKOOOOOO KAAAAAAIIIIIITOOOOOOMMMIIIIII!!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Well, the fallout - pun not intended - from Meltdown’s Sesame Street Fight is well under way it would seem but for now we move on with our next contest tonight on Fallout and we get to see for the second time, the ‘Holy Knight of Kamakura’ Noriko Kaitomi in action tonight on Fallout 029.”

Allen Price: “I remember that she put in an impressive showing on Fallout 028 in that tag team number one contenders’ match but tonight is going to be a completely different type of challenge.”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “As far as second matches in the FWA go, I don’t think that they can get much harder than this one, Price.”

Noriko gets into the ring and gets onto the middle rope in the corner and poses with her arms in the air, and jumps down as the attention returns to the stage.

The crowd cheers loudly as Cyrus Truth walks out from the back and he has his eyes focused on the ring and his opponent waiting for him as he does so. There are no theatrics or similar from ‘The Exile’, as his concern is on the job at hand.

Natalie Rosenberg: “Her opponent… hailing from The Long and Winding Road and weighing in at two-hundred and twenty-seven pounds… he is ‘The Exile’ CYYYYYYYYYYYYRUSSSSSS TRUUUUUUUUUUUUTHHHHH!!”

Allen Price: “It was an interesting turn of events when both halves of the Back in Business main event were on the losing end of things on Meltdown XXVIII and Fallout 028; but Chris Peacock bounced back with a victory over Shawn Summers on Meltdown this Thursday, so all of the pressure is on Cyrus Truth to keep up.”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “I think that Cyrus Truth made the sensible choice in realising that he was beaten by weaselperson in the main event of Meltdown XXVIII to avoid suffering any serious injury as we approach Back in Business. He knows that waiting for as long as he has for an opportunity at the FWA World Championship and going through the Carnal Contendership cannot be for nothing.”

Allen Price: “Well, this is a path that Cyrus has walked down before, Jean-Luc, and he will know how to come back from a defeat. Although, young Noriko could pose a different kind of challenge than perhaps this old dog is used to.”

Truth enters the ring through the ropes and then quickly settles in the corner opposite where Noriko is waiting for him and he leans back into it whilst waiting for the referee to complete his checks. Gracelynn Guerrero is content that everything is in order and as such, goes to call for the bell, but before she can do so, attention is diverted back towards the stage…

The camera focuses on Cyrus Truth’s face for a moment, and a tinge of a annoyance flashes across it as the crowd enters party mode for the FWA World Champion as Chris Peacock struts out from the back. Peacock is not dressed to compete, wearing a deep purple suit with the FWA World Championship around his waist.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “This is oddly convenient timing for the FWA World Champion to be coming out here, don’t you think, Price? Even you have to admit that!”

Allen Price: “Oh, I think I forgot to tell you, Jean-Luc. Chris said he’d be coming out here to watch the match with us on commentary. There isn’t a better seat in the house for him to scout his Back in Business opponent.”

As he passes the ring on his way towards commentary, Chris Peacock looks through the ropes at Cyrus Truth and waves at him briefly. Peacock shuffles towards the table and then puts an arm around Allen Price and offers a handshake to Jean-Luc Watkins, which Watkins stands up to accept.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “What a pleasant surprise to have you joining us, Chris. Congratulations on your win on Meltdown, by the way.”

Chris Peacock: “Thank you, Jean-Luc. I had such a good time with you at Carnal Contendership that I couldn’t pass up on the opportunity to be out here with you again and watch some of the action. You all good, Allen?”

A shot of Allen Price shows that he is wiping away a tear from his eye as he sits in between Peacock and Watkins.

Allen Price: “I just can’t believe this is happening, guys. I get to call a match with my two best friends in the world!”

Whilst Price’s sniffling can be heard over the microphones, the delay caused by Peacock’s entrance seems to be over and both Cyrus and Noriko motion to Guerrero that they are still good to begin so the referee calls for the bell for a second time!

THIRD MATCH - 1/20
Cyrus Truth vs. Noriko Kaitomi.
Singles Match.
Match Writer: Man.

The match begins with Cyrus looking at Peacock with some slight suspicion, although it seems that the FWA World Champion is solely present to watch his challenger compete as Back in Business draws nearer. Cyrus and Noriko lock up in the middle of the ring, with Truth having the advantage due to his size in comparison to his opponent. However, as he wrings Noriko’s arm, she manages to roll through and then cracks Truth in the jaw with an elbow strike!

The blow staggers Cyrus for a moment, which allows her to get off another couple and she then causes Truth to break his grip with a chop to his wrist, and Noriko then catches Cyrus with a Jumping Calf Kick that knocks him down onto the mat!

Jean-Luc Watkins: “An uncharacteristically slow start to the match from Cyrus Truth here; is it possible that the presence of the FWA World Champion has affected him in some way?”

Chris Peacock: “Honestly, Jean-Luc, I’m just here to watch. My aim is not to put Cyrus off of his game or anything like that, I assure you. I think you might be discrediting Noriko, to be honest. She’s started off well, don’t take anything away from her.”

Cyrus is quickly back up to his feet, but Noriko is ready for him and she leaps into the air and gets her legs around his head and then snaps him off with a Headscissors! The momentum sends Truth sprawling towards the turnbuckle and he pulls himself up quickly enough to catch the oncoming Kaitomi with an elbow of his own as she approaches him in the corner. Truth then harshly grabs his opponent and forces her against the turnbuckle and stings her upper chest with a Knife-Edge Chop! The force behind the blow causes Noriko to drop to her knees in the corner and Cyrus glares at Peacock for a moment before turning his attention back towards his opponent.

<< 04:14 >>

Allen Price: “Would you describe what Cyrus Truth has been doing to Noriko as taking liberties as a veteran or not, guys?”

Chris Peacock: “I don’t think Cyrus is treating this match any differently to any other and it is the same kind of treatment I can come to expect once Back in Business rolls around. I’ve experienced it before, and as for Noriko, I don’t think you’ve properly earned your place on this roster until Cyrus has slapped you around a bit.”

Indeed, Cyrus Truth has been in control of the match for the majority of it thus far, with Noriko’s only offence in the match being the early flurry of strikes she was able to get in against her far more experienced opponent. Noriko has been subjected to various different Suplex variations, but has shown impressive fortitude in kicking out of each following pin attempt. Her mettle is being tested at the moment as Truth tightly hooks her leg and gets her in position for a Fisherman Suplex! Truth bridges for a pin;

ONE… TWO… NO!!!

Again, Noriko kicks out of the difficult position, with the bridge and retained grip of her leg making it even more difficult for her to kick out. As much as the fans enjoy seeing Cyrus Truth do his thing and be in control of a match, Noriko’s impressive resilience is also winning her some fans it would seem with how they are responding to her determination not to fall.

Truth picks Noriko up from the mat and then lifts her up onto his shoulders in a Fireman’s Carry as the fans rise in expectation;

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Wait, Cyrus could be looking to finish this one off right here as he has Noriko up for JOURNEY’S END - WAIT! NO!”

After some wriggling atop Cyrus’s shoulders, Noriko slides from his back and grabs his arm as she does so, bringing it down onto her knees with a Double-Knee Armbreaker! Cyrus holds the appendage close to his chest afterwards. Noriko then drives a forearm down into Truth’s face and knocks him flat on his back. Extending Cyrus’s arm down across the mat, Noriko drops a knee down onto it.

<< 07:02 >>

With Cyrus Truth in the corner by the turnbuckle, Noriko charges in but again Truth gets his elbow up once again to block her progress, but Noriko puts on the brakes and grabs his arm and yanks it, falling backwards onto her back. Whilst down she traps Cyrus’s other arm and then puts CYRUS IN THE KAMAKURA DEATH-LOCK!! The crowd reacts loudly as Truth’s eyes widen as he is taken in the hold.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “That’s the Kamakura Death-Lock! Noriko Kaitomi could be on the verge of picking up a historic victory here in just her second match here in the FWA! What is Cyrus going to do?”

Chris Peacock: “Well, we saw Cyrus Truth tap out against weaselperson on Meltdown… he couldn’t possibly do it again on the path to Back in Business… could he?”

As Chris Peacock comments on the situation in the ring, the cameras catch a glint of hopefulness in his eyes which he does his best to hide once he realises that the camera is on him. In the ring, Cyrus is in a very bad position as Noriko has shown off strong ring presence for where she has applied the submission on ‘The Exile’. Truth is unable to get near any of the ropes and with Noriko leaning back as much as she can in the submission it makes it hard for him to move across the mat.

Gracelynn Guerrero asks Cyrus if he wants to give up and there is a slight pause before he finally shakes his head and says that he will not. Noriko continues to apply as much pressure as she can and Cyrus is shown gritting his teeth as he manages to plant one of his feet and then the other… and he has to deadlift Noriko up from the mat and then he slams her down! It is not enough to break the hold, but Truth then brings her up once more… and slams her down again… and this time it is enough to break the grip. Both Truth and Kaitomi lay on their backs in the ring after the submission is broken.

<< 10:21 >>

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Both of these competitors have put up an impressive fight tonight on Fallout, wrestling fans, and it is going to come down to just who wants it more one could think. They’re just exchanging heavy strikes in the middle of the ring.”

Impressively, Noriko is managing to go shot for shot with the former FWA World Champion and after taking an Elbow Smash to the face from Truth, she rears back and delivers one of her own.

Chris Peacock: “She got him good with that one!”

Truth takes a step back after the strike to his face and this invites Kaitomi to follow up with several more, and she manages to force Cyrus back towards the ropes where she looks to shoot him off, but Truth counters it into a Discus Punch! With Noriko stunned, Truth puts his hand on her forehead and then forces her down into the mat with the MEMENTO MORI! Cyrus gets down and hooks a leg;

ONE… TWO… THR-NO!!!

Nodding his head, reluctantly accepting the defiance of his opponent, Truth picks Noriko up from the mat and places her on his shoulders once again and once again looks for JOURNEY’S END… BUT NORIKO ROLLS THROUGH INTO A VICTORY ROLL!!!

ONE… TWO… THREE-NO!!!

Allen Price: “She must have been watching your match against Cyrus in the F1 Climaxxx, Chris. That’s how you got him!”

Both rise to their feet again and Truth shoots Noriko off into the ropes with an Irish Whip and then ducks down, looking for a Back Body Drop, but Noriko stops and kicks Cyrus in the face! Cyrus recoils and gets back to a vertical base, which prompts Noriko to charge in, looking for the IZANAMI - BUT TRUTH CATCHES HER! Noriko shakes her head as Truth blocks the Codebreaker and then scoops her up onto his shoulders again.

This time, Cyrus ensures that there is no route of escaping… JOURNEY’S END!! Noriko is flat out as Truth reaches forward and hooks her legs for the pin;

ONE… TWO… THREE!!!

Winner: Cyrus Truth by pin fall at 11:48.

The fans rise to their feet in appreciation of the efforts of both competitors and Chris Peacock is shown doing the same thing from the commentary table. Cyrus Truth puffs out his cheeks and then rises to his feet and the referee raises his arm in the air.

Natalie Rosenberg: “Here is your winner… CYRUS TRUTH!!”

Chris Peacock: “What a match. I really enjoyed that and hey, I think I’ve learned a thing or two about Cyrus Truth here tonight. Definitely some things I can use. Congratulations, man! Well done!”

Truth notices Peacock standing and talking about him and gives an inquisitive look in the champion’s direction and sees that Peacock is applauding his victory and performance in the match.

Chris Peacock: “Look, I better get out of here and let you guys get on with the show. It’s been groovy.”

Peacock removes his headset and then takes his championship on his shoulder and starts walking around the ring and nods his head in apparent respect towards Truth, who does reciprocate the gesture but keeps a watchful eye on Peacock as he does.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “A valiant effort on the part of Noriko Kaitomi, but it is Cyrus Truth that has walked away victorious in this one on Meltdown tonight. With Chris Peacock out here watching, do you think Cyrus felt any additional pressure, Price?”

Allen Price: “No, Jean-Luc. Cyrus is a very accomplished competitor and he is not the kind to be intimidated by Chris Peacock being here, even though Peacock has beaten him every single time they have faced. Chris was just out here watching. Cyrus watched his match on Meltdown… I really don’t think there’s much more to be made of it than that.”

After exchange courtesies, Peacock starts backing up the ramp and he makes final eye contact with Cyrus one more time before looking down at his championship and turning on his heel to walk up the ramp. Cyrus Truth watches on intently, unsure whether the FWA World Champion is trying to play some mind games with him or not.

navy.png

We cut to the back, where Katie Baxter is standing by another Nephew. In her street clothes (amounting to black jeans and a black hoodie, her rucksack on her shoulders) is Michelle von Horrowitz. Her FWA World Tag Team Championship is not visible in the shot (it’s in her rucksack), and she wears a somewhat dispassionate (almost bemused, definitely bored) expression as Baxter begins…

Katie Baxter: “Ladies and gentlemen, I’m standing by with none other than one half of the current FWA World Tag Team Champions: ‘Dreamer’ Michelle von Horrowitz… Michelle, just two days ago you and Gerald emerged from Meltdown XXIX in Houston with those titles in tact, but only just, thanks to a double countout draw. Any thoughts on those who are saying Makima Snowmantashi and her partner, Zom Gippy, are entitled to another title shot given the acrimonious finish to that match?”

Michelle doesn’t suppress a small, thin smile.

MvH: Acrimonious? Good word, tulip, put poorly positioned within your spiel. What we saw on thursday was merely a demonstration of inexperience, though I’m sure Makima will learn about ring awareness as the years go by. She shows great promise. But it’s not my place to comment upon future challengers, especially when our next set is already lined up for the COSMIC! Zone. Maybe after we’ve dealt with the witches, Makima and her undead friend can have another roll of the dice. These past few weeks have demonstrated, I’d hope, that Gerald and I are nothing if not amenable to a good challenge...”

Baxter, intrepid as ever, follows up…

Katie Baxter: “Speaking of these frequent defenses, of which we’ve seen three in the last three shows, with another - as you mentioned - scheduled for CDW#2… some are saying that you are perhaps trying to lose your FWA World Tag Team Championships…”

Katie positions the microphone for Michelle’s response. There’s no question there. The accusation is enough.

MvH: Please, Katie: anyone who knows anything about me will know how ridiculous that is. I have never willingly lost in my life. Even a draw is too much. But, with my pressing engagement in Mexico City, there is certainly a greater degree of urgency to speed things up when it comes to our historic reign. Don’t expect things to slow.”

The interviewer decides to leave this last comment alone, instead picking up on Dreamer’s allusions to the kaiju.

Katie Baxter: ”You’ve already mentioned your impending date with Jon Snowmantashi, due to take place in July at Back in Business. Many will know that you and the kaiju have fought twice before, but both of these contests took place beneath a different banner: the now-defunct Clique Wrestling Alliance. Do you think your previous encounters with Snowmantashi will prepare you for Mexico City?”

Any signs of a smile upon Michelle’s face have disappeared. She seems paler, almost, as if the enormity of what she needs to accomplish is dawning on her again.

MvH: “The many that you speak of, those with this intimate knowledge of Jon and I’s long history, will be aware of what happened in both of those previous encounters. The only preparation that I can elicit from them is of the learning from your mistakes variety. The first was back at the start of 2016. I was young. Younger. Youngish. Hungrier, certainly. I felt that I had a lot more to prove because I did have a lot more to prove. I hadn’t yet achieved much of anything beyond a freak, unforeseen victory in a thirty-one person clusterfuck on which I’d made the entirety of my name. The kaiju didn’t think very much of this. Perhaps he was right to do so. He beat me. I like to think that it wasn’t easy, but that’s not for me to say.

“Our second encounter, upon the ice in appropriately dramatic, thematically-pleasing circumstances, was too short. The manner in which the time elapsed, as it has a way of doing, was deeply unsatisfying. For the kaiju too, I’m sure. But mainly for me. This blow… it was more severe, cut more deeply, than anything I’ve ever experienced within a wrestling ring. Before or after. A third meeting, more pressing and vital than either of the two that came before, was drawn up but never realised. The Clique’s demise prolongued my one-sided misery.”

A pause. Slight shake of the head.

MvH: “You know, since I showed up in Tokyo and this match was arranged, there’s been an element to my interactions that I haven’t particularly appreciated. That I’m in over my head. Bitten off more than I can chew. That, with this latest in a long string of headstrong lapses of judgement, I must now regret the impasse at which I now stand. But, my tulips, in my heart I know that this is not the case. I am not at an impasse: this is a frontier. This opportunity, to right historic wrongs that I thought had now escaped me, is worth what I have put up and much, much more. It is the razor-sharp edge upon which I, Dreamer, stand, teetering as I traverse its blade, unsure of which way to fall.

“Mexico City, Katie, is not just a match. It is more than gold and leather. More than wrestling. More than a job or a career. This is my life. This is everything.”

She leaves the shot. Katie watches her go, a thoughtful expression upon her face, as we fade to black.

navy.png

The intense sounding music begins to reverberate around the arena and amidst the blinking lights and darkness, Aka Manto makes their presence felt. The two women give off an unnerving vibe amongst the audience, almost an eerie chill when these two are around.

Natalie Rosenberg: ”The next contest is set for one fall with a twenty-minute-time-limit! Introducing first, from Seattle, Washington and weighing in at 127 lb…The Crimson Ghost…Aka Yurei…next, her tag team partner, from Nara, Nara Prefecture, Japan and weighing in at 119 lb…The Mistress in Blue…Keiko Hirayabashi…together they are Aka Manto!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”The last time we saw Aka Manto in tag team action they were victorious, and tonight it’s all about vengeance for Aka Yurei because she’ll be squaring off against her former tag team partner, Reagan Cole.”

Allen Price: ”It’s hard to believe that Aka and Reagan were once tag team champions, but now bitter enemies.”

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”Well, considering what happened to Aka at the hands of Jeffry Mason and TYLER while Reagan watched on, I think it’s fair for Aka to hold a grudge.”

The familiar theme plays and a collective groan from the audience for the men accompanying the music, Reagan Cole and TYLER. There’s little fanfare from either man as they both walk down to the ring.

Natalie Rosenberg: ”Their opponents, first from London, England and weighing in at 230 lb…TYLER…and his tag team partner, from Essex, England and weighing in at 215 lb…The British Apprentice…Reagan Cole…together they are Necessary Evil!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”The debut of Necessary Evil and I believe the in-ring debut for TYLER here on Fallout, but if I’m wrong I’m certain I will be corrected by those pesky fact checkers out there!”

Allen Price: ”Reagan Cole looks hesitant about all of this and who can blame him? It’s not like he wanted it to come to this between himself and Aka Yurei.”

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”He should’ve thought about that before he let Mason and TYLER put Aka face first through a cinder block.”
Allen Price: ”Well, I can’t argue that.”

Referee Grace-Lynn Guerrero checks out both teams and then calls for the bell…

FOURTH MATCH - 1/20
Aka Manto (Aka Yurei and Keiko Hirabayashi) vs. Necessary Evil (Reagan Cole and TYLER).
Tag Team Match.
Match Writer: Jimmy King.

DING! DING! DING!

Keiko will start things off with TYLER and TYLER charges at Keiko, and Keiko is ready for him as she catches him with an arm drag. TYLER is quickly back to his feet however and charges at her again and this time tries for the Lightning Bolt jumping DDT but Keiko shoves him back and nails him with a kick to the stomach and then quickly takes him down with a snap suplex! TYLER winces as he holds his back and he rises up to be met with several shoot kicks to the chest! Keiko unloads on TYLER with repeated kicks and then opens with some chops as well. TYLER is reeling on the ropes and Keiko drags him away and takes him down with an arm drag before transitioning into an arm bar…

Keiko wrenches back on the hold for several seconds before TYLER starts to break away and he manages to counter with his own arm drag to Keiko. Keiko kips up and turns around into a roundhouse kick! TYLER’s educated feet land with precision and Keiko falls back into the ropes, and TYLER takes her in position before bouncing off the ropes and connects with a springboard bulldog! TYLER goes for the pin…

ONE… NO!

TYLER drags Keiko over to his corner and tags in Cole. Reagan comes in and is hesitant about this as he looks over at Aka, who glares daggers at him from across the ring. TYLER is barking orders at Cole and Cole starts to kick and stomp on Keiko in the corner. Cole drags Keiko out of the corner and he lifts her up for an inverted suplex but Keiko flips out behind and drills Cole in the back of the head with a forearm and Keiko connects with a German suplex into a bridge…

ONE… NO!

<< 05:31 >>

Aka has been tagged in and she immediately ascends to the top and waits as Cole rises to his feet…diving dropkick! Cole is launched backward across the ring and the crowd seems to be firmly behind Aka right now…Cole is backed into a corner and Aka hits a running hip attack on him! Aka unloads a flurry of punches and kicks on Cole, who is helpless in the corner!

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”I bet this is cathartic for Aka right now and the crowd seems to be in favor of it!”

Aka takes Cole by the wrist and looks to send him to the opposite corner for an irish whip, but blocks it and instantly spins behind her and hits a back suplex on her! Aka is back up but albeit a bit slower and Cole uses this to his advantage as he connects with a running knee lift that nearly knocks Aka off her feet, but Cole holds on to her and brings her in close before hitting a bridging northern lights suplex!

ONE… TW - - NO!

The tag is made to TYLER and he comes in hot with a springboard satellite DDT on Aka and he makes the pin this time!

ONE… TW - - NO!

Aka stays in this, much to TYLER’s dismay. TYLER tags Reagan back in and Reagan sort stalks Aka as she rises to her feet, and once Aka is up, Cole goes for a running single leg dropkick but Aka moves out of the way. Aka goes for a roundhouse kick but Cole catches her by the boot, yet Aka answers back with an enzuigiri that stuns Reagan! Aka then takes Cole down with a Michinoku driver into a pin…

ONE… TWO… NO!

<< 08:40 >>

Keiko is back in and she has Reagan in a headlock but Reagan finds a way to break free and he hits a half nelson wrist clutch suplex! Cole uses this opportunity to tag in TYLER and TYLER seems to relish in this. TYLER starts to taunt the crowd a little and goes for a no hands cartwheel splash but Keiko gets the knees up! Keiko kips up and climbs to the second rope and hits an elbow drop! Aka tags in and they have TYLER trapped in the corner and they go to town on him with double stomps!

Eventually Cole re-enters the match and takes out Keiko! Keiko rolls to the apron and Cole drags Aka away from TYLER but Aka counters with a headbutt that rocks Cole! Aka spins him around and shoves him forward toward the ropes and off the rebound Aka connects with Vengeful Strike!

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”Aka with a beautifully executed poisoned frankensteiner on Reagan Cole! She’s in the driver’s seat now and closing in on a victory for her team but she forgot about TYLER who is coming to…TYLER charges at Aka…SOUL CRUSHER! Aka with a jumping double foot stomp!”

Aka tags Keiko back in and Keiko climbs to the top…Graceful Charity! Keiko gets all of that elbow drop and hooks the leg!

ONE… TWO… THREE!

Winner: Aka Manto by pin fall at 10:13

Natalie Rosenberg: ”The winners of the match, Aka Manto!”

Aka and Keiko relish in their victory while Reagan helps TYLER to his feet. TYLER brushes Reagan away and tries to go after Aka, and Aka stands her ground for the incoming attack but Reagan pulls TYLER back. There’s some resistance from TYLER as he scowls at Reagan but the two of them finally leave. Reagan looks over at Aka and can be heard saying, “I’m sorry kid” before he leaves with TYLER and Mason has appeared at ringside with a disappointed look on his face.

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”A hard earned victory for Aka Manto and it appears a bow has been put on this for the time being with some words Reagan shared with Aka after holding TYLER back, but Aka seems unphased by all of that.

Allen Price: ”She can finally put this behind her and move on J-L. Meanwhile, it’s back to the drawing board for Necessary Evil.”

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”Coming up next is our main event, Danny Toner vs weaselperson, stay tuned wrestling fans!

navy.png

Meanwhile, backstage at the-HOLY CRAP, A WILD BEAR is ROAMING AROUND BACKSTAGE; various backstage workers and nameless jobbers flee in terror as the giant furry killing machine lurches around an office backstage, not in any overly angry or aggressive way, just calmly flopping its massive paws down on the desk and examining various expensive things on the desk sniffing it, coming to the logical conclusion that what he had in his paws wasn't, in fact, food and then SMASHED it on the ground to express it's disappointment that it wasn't in fact food.

The camera slowly pans around to show your friend and mine, Mr Jon Russnow, sitting bolt upright in his seat and staring dead head frozen in place as if terrified the slightest moment would offend the bear, and they'd do what comes naturally to bears. The camera across once more to show the matching plaid and bearded and oh so Candian Lumberjacks, sitting in the corner wearing matching expressions of disappointment

Doug LuPone: "....You said it was open entry!"

Dan LuPone: "I don't see the problem-Avril is a fully trained wrestler; she has a mean BEAR HUG."

Doug LuPone: "A regular Bear Hug Jones over here"

Dan LuPone: "Quite frankly, you're being really rude right now."

Jon Russnow: "So, just to confirm, you two don't understand why you can't enter a wild grizzly bear into a televised PPV wrestling match?"

Dan LuPone: "...Please, her name is Avril Lavigne."

Doug LuPone: "And she's really excited she gets to make her debut at the biggest show of the year!"

Dan LuPone: "Trio titles AND all the salmon she can eat? What more could she want"

Avril Lavigne: "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!"

Suddenly "Avril Lavigne", the big scary bear, SLAMS her oh-so-powerful paws against the desk, making it shake, and she roared terrifyingly in the face of Jon Russnow.

Doug LuPone: "She says it's very nice to meet you."

Dan LuPone: "....and she prefers her salmon SMOKED."

Doug LuPone: "....I don't see the problem here; there's nothing in the rule book that says we can't team with a bear."

Jon Russnow: "There's also nothing in the rule book that says you can't team with a hot tub of lard either, but you wouldn't do that-!"

Doug LuPone: "That was actually our plan B."

Jon Russnow: "....Sad"

Dan LuPone: "Agreed."

Jon Russnow: "Look, guys, I wanna clarify; The Trios battle royale is open to any three PEOPLE....You're more than welcome to be in the match, just with a partner that isn't likely to maul the entire field."

Avril Lavigne: "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW-!"

Doug LuPone: "Avril expresses disappointment in the situation but understands and appreciates your time, and you have her CV should you ever change your mind."

Jon Russnow: "You mean this piece of paper covered in slobber and bear shit?"

Dan LuPone: "Yeah, that's the one."

Jon Russnow: "....Thanks....NOW GET THE HELL OUT-!"

Two minutes of trying to pry a three-hundred-pound bear out of the office later, The Lumberjacks, along with their pet bear, left the office looking disappointed.

Dan LuPone: "....Plan C?"

Doug LuPone: "The Tub of Lard?"

Dan LuPone: "No...HER."

Doug LuPone: "Oh...HER You think she's ready?

Dan LuPone: "She's gonna have to be"

navy.png

There’s cheering in the arena (some booing too, but the reaction is mostly positive) as weaselperson appears on the stage. He appears to be loosening up his wrist joints as he surveys the arena for the stage, beginning on his way down the ramp as Rosenberg begins her spiel.

Natalie Rosenberg: “Ladies and gentlemen… the following is your Fallout 029 main event... scheduled for one-fall and with a twenty minute time limit. Introducing first, from the Meadows… weighing in at two hundred and ten pounds… weaselperson!!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “weaselperson may not quite have triumphed in last month’s Carnal Contendership match, where he finished second behind ‘the Exile’ Cyrus Truth… but he got some semblance of revenge two weeks ago on Meltdown, where he sent a message by tapping Cyrus Truth out.”

Allen Price: “It will be Truth, though, who challenges Chris Peacock for the FWA World Championship at Back in Business, regardless of the impressive way that weaselperson finished the match last week.”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “And, given Alyster Black’s flippant response to weaselperson on Fallout 028, he is still without a dance partner for Mexico City. weaselperson looks to again show his worth against another former FWA World Champion…”

weaselperson waits in his corner as his music fades out, replaced by…

There’s a mixed reaction in the arena, with Austin roughly evenly split in their opinion on ‘the Last Draw in the Sky’. He walks out onto the stage with a grin on his face, walking down the ramp with a casual air and ignoring the fans regardless of their reaction to him.

Natalie Rosenberg: “And his opponent… from New York City… weighing in at two hundred and eight pounds… ‘the Last Dray in the Sky’... Danny… TONER!!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Another man without a scheduled opponent for Back in Business is Danny Toner, who last week overcame the world champion Chris Peacock in an epic encounter to close Fallout. Price, with that loss in mind, is ‘Disco’s Last Warrior’ looking over his shoulder for Toner as he prepares for Truth?”

Allen Price: “One problem at a time, J-L!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “That will have to be Danny Toner’s mentality going into this one, with a very game - albeit strangely attired - opponent across the ring from him.”

Tone climbs into the ring and, when his eyes finally fall upon weaselperson, there is finally an air of focus about him. He doesn’t seem to be taking his opponent tonight lightly, despite the garb, and warms up in his corner as the official conducts his final checks.

FIFTH MATCH - MAIN EVENT - 1/20
Danny Toner vs. weaselperson.
Singles Match.
Match Writer: SS.

<< 00:00. >>

Danny Toner and weaselperson circle the ring and it looks like it might be (you guessed it) a collar and elbow tie-up… only for Toner to change tact and nail him with a straight right! The referee admonishes Toner for the closed fist, but Danny acknowledges him with a cheeky smile and a wink, before placing weaselperson in a side headlock.

Danny Toner (off-mic): "WRESTLING!"

There's a cheer for Toner's proclamation, and he follows up by taking weaselperson down onto the mat with a headlock takeover. weaselperson attempts to reach the ropes with his outstretched legs but finds he can't, do instead lifts them up and wraps them around Toner's head, dragging him out of the headlock and placing him in a headscissors. It's Danny's turn to shuffle around in the hopes of finding the refuge of the ropes, but he too is too far away from them to escape that way. Instead, Toner manoeuvres himself into a headstand, propels himself onto his feet, and attempts to run through the seated weaselperson with a PK. weaselperson instinctively lies back to avoid contact, and then kips up to his feet. They connect on the turning Toner with a mule kick, pulling Danny's position into position with his head between his legs. weaselperson hoists Toner up onto his shoulders…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Looks like weaselperson's going for a buckle-bomb, here!"

Allen Price: "Buckle-bomb? Pretty sure it's called a powerbomb, J-L! Either way, Toner wriggles out and slides down weaselperson's back…"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "…and rolls him up with a sunset flip! weaselperson's shoulders are down!"

ONE… TWO… NO!

Danny kicks out and both scramble up to their feet quickly, weaselperson winding up for a big discus lariat… only for Toner to duck beneath it and catch him with a school-boy!

ONE… TWO… NO!

Again, weaselperson kicks out, but is a little slower to his feet and has his back turned towards Toner… who again puts his shoulders on the mat, this time with a crucifix roll-up!

ONE… TWO… NO!

This time, as the pair rise, Danny decides a change in tact is necessary, attempting to take weaselperson's head off with an elbow smash. weaselperson ducks beneath it, though, and appears to have the starting position for a backslide…

Allen Price: "weaselperson going for a roll-up of his own? He seems apprehensive…"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "I heard weaselperson hates flash pins. He's not going to let himself get caught up in the moment…"

Indeed, rather than completing the backslide, weaselperson uses the hooked arm to spin Toner around and then connect with a vicious lariat! Danny's head whiplashes as he hits the mat, and weaselperson wastes no time in dragging him up to his feet. He hoists Danny onto his shoulders, this time succeeding in connecting with his buckle-bomb! Toner stumbles into the middle of the ring, weaselperson approaching from behind and placing him in a rear waistlock and then hitting a high-angle German suplex! With a bridge…

ONE… TWO… NO!

It's Toner's turn to thrust a shoulder up, but now weaselperson has the momentum…

<< 03:58. >>

After connecting with a DDT, weaselperson attempts to lock in an omoplata. Sensing his obvious and immediate danger, Toner wriggles and struggles, making his way to the ropes and hooking onto the bottom one with his free arm. weaselperson reluctantly relinquishes the hold, Danny immediately sliding out of the ring in an attempt to catch a breather. weaselperson wants to push the advantage, though, climbing out of the ring and taking him by the scruff of the neck, attempting to walk him over towards the steel steps. Toner applies the breaks, though, and then drives his elbow into weaselperson's abdomen, the third of which causes separation. Toner drives his shoulder into weaselperson's gut and drives him back-first into the steel barricade! And Toner follows up with a Regal-plex on the outside!!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Ugly landing there for weaselperson from the… you know, I'm not too sure what to call that suplex."

Allen Price: "Did he invent it?!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "No, it's not that…"

Danny had slid into the ring and out of it again to break up the count, where he watches weaselperson slowly climbing up to his knees. Danny's eyes almost light up when he sees the position his opponent is in, and takes a short run-up…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Early Equaliser attempt here from Toner… but side-stepped by weaselperson! Impressive evasion…"

Allen Price: "But he can't get out the way of that one!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "That's a superkick, Price!"

Allen Price: "You can say that again, J-L! And Danny follows up with a superstomp!"

Toner hoists weaselperson up and throws them under the bottom rope, proceeding to climb up towards the top turnbuckle as weaselperson regains their vertical base…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Double axe handle!!!"

Allen Price: "Cover!"

ONE… TWO… T – NO!

weaselperson with the kick out…

<< 08:41. >>

Danny has weaselperson in a front facelock, hoisting him up into the air and almost hurling him across the ring with a suplex!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Danny Toner has really slowed down the pace here, and that's the fifth consecutive suplex he's hit on weaselperson!"

Allen Price: "Complete control…"

Danny slowly saunters over to weaselperson, collecting him by the scruff of the neck and then dragging him up onto his feet again. It's another front facelock, another hoist into the air, and then another suplex!

Allen Price: "There's the sixth!"

Toner's pace is still slow and methodical, approaching weaselperson and once more dragging him up onto his feet.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "You guessed it… another front facelock! But this time it appears Danny Toner is going for a delayed vertical…"

Indeed, Toner stalls with weaselperson held up for the suplex… but he stalls a little too much, maybe, allowing weaselperson to drive a knee down into the top of Toner's head! And again a second time! And the third causes Danny to drop him! weaselperson lands on his feet behind Toner, who turns around to face him… and eats a HUGE headbutt! Then a rolling elbow! Toner almost stumbles to the mat, but weaselperson grabs his wrist and connects with a ripcord elbow strike! Toner goes down!

Allen Price: "An intense series of strikes from weaselperson! But there's no cover attempt…"

Instead, weaselperson stalks Toner from behind, waiting for 'the Last Draw' to rise to his feet…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Half-nelson suplex!! And now the cover from weaselperson…"

ONE… TWO… T – NO!

Toner kicks out, and weaselperson returns to the drawing board…

<< 12:32. >>

The referee enforces a clean break, Toner having scrambled to the ropes to avoid a cross armbreaker and hooking onto the bottom one. weaselperson backs away as Toner climbs up to his feet, but then charges in, perhaps looking to clothesline him up and over the top rope. Danny ducks beneath the attempted strike and hoists weaselperson onto the apron with a back body drop. Toner turns and attempts a right hand, but it's blocked by weaselperson, who fires back with a forearm of his own. Danny is staggered, but almost in desperation he grabs weaselperson by the fur and brings him down throat-first over the top rope!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "weaselperson is teetering on the apron, but Toner doesn't let him fall to the floor. He collects him in a front facelock, perhaps trying to suplex weaselperson back into the ring?"

Danny hoists him up, but weaselperson lands on his feet and charges to the ropes. Toner turns round…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "KO KNEE STRIKE!! Danny Toner is flattened!!"

Allen Price: "But no pin attempt… weaselperson hoists Toner up…"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Full nelson suplex!! weaselperson is picking up a head of steam here!"

Allen Price: "And weaselperson is wasting no time in climbing up towards the top turnbuckle!"

Indeed, weaselperson completes the ascent in quick time, steadies himself upon the turnbuckles, and then leaps off for a diving double foot stomp… Danny rolls out of the way… weaselperson lands on his feet and rolls through… he gets up to his feet and turns around…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "EQUALISER!! EQUALISER!!"

Allen Price: "OUT OF NOWHERE!!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Danny sinks into the cover!"

ONE… TWO… THREE!

Winner: Danny Toner by pinfall at 14:10.

Toner rolls off weaselperson, breathing heavily and having worked up quite the sweat through the contest, before eventually climbing to his feet.

Allen Price: "Just shows you the devastating effect of Danny Toner's finishing move."

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Can't argue with you there, Price. Toner can hit the Equaliser at any moment, and when he does it usually spells the end."

'The Last Draw' allows the official to lift his hand in the air, the audience mixed in its reaction to his victory.

Natalie Rosenberg: "Here is your winner… 'the Last Draw in the Sky'... DANNY… TOOONER!!"

Toner snatches his hand away from the official and, with one glance at weaselperson, who is rolling away and out of the ring, proceeds to climb through the ropes. He hops down from the apron and begins up the ramp.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Danny Toner picks him is second impressive victory in as many weeks, picking up momentum on the path to Back in Business… where he is yet to have a partner confirmed."

Allen Price: "The same is true of weaselperson, who is also without a dancing partner for Mexico City. After last week's sensational tap out win over Cyrus Truth, it's a tough loss this week against another former world champion."

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Still an impressive performance from weaselperson in his first FWA singles main event. I'm sure it won't be his last."

The camera cuts from the recovering weaselperson to Danny Toner on the stage, who turns back to face the Austi crowd with a coy smile upon his face.

navy.png

SupineSnake

FREE PALESTINE
Reaction score
Aly bringing heat, Beds-Par non-start, and LuPone/Lavigne madness were highlights of the show. Enjoyed seeing this come together.

SupineSnake

FREE PALESTINE
Reaction score
Oh shit @ Summers seg! Didn't see this earlier.