Factorizing Polynomials.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C4

How do you factorize this polynomial completely:

f(x) = 3x^3 + 7x^2 - 2x - 8

Please explain in steps.

John

:S. We take out GCSE in a month, Im good at maths but dont know what the answer to this one is :S.

noumenon

Wow...why wasn't that around when I was in H.S....that's fuckin incredible! LOL

I'm completely incapable of math. Aside from any electrical formula which I need to know for my job.

Evil Austin

Were leaning it now, it's not that difficult. It's about 9.30 pm here if you don't have an answer by tomorrow I'll post one for ya'

C4

Who the fucks your teacher? They didn't tell you about the quadratic formula..?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadratic_equation

Factor out the x and plug the shit in there, ax^2+bx+c.

Argh. I know the Quadratic Formula, studied that like three years ago.

But how the fuck can you use the Quadratic Forumla on POLYnomials? It isn't second degree, it's third degree ya' know. Not ax^2+bx+c it's ax^3+bx^2+cx+d.

By the way, on vacation for a week now, tried to study polynomials that they were studying in college right now but I just don't seem to understand it.

And google isn't helping me either.

the dark knight

i dnt get it, u want the derivative?

f' (x) = 9X^2 + 14X -2

since its a FUNCTION they're both equal...

edit-

f'' (x) = 18X + 14

f''' (x) = 18

the dark knight

i have no idea what you want tbh, whats the question? at least give me the key solution, then i can show you how it was done..