Face - Heel - Tweener!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fatal 55

Reaction score
OK... i haven't really had a rant recently & decided to just give some of my feelings towards the whole TNA situation ATM, afterall i don't think i've contributed much to the TNA Section! Anyweis, on with it.

Over the past few months the situation between Faces & Heels has disintigrated IMO! At any given week, they come out of one end of the tunnel, & the next they come out the other! There is no place to look other than the Tag Team Division. I have to admit when TNA have been good & over the past two months it looks as though they want to put Tag Wrestling back as one of it's highest priority's. But what i have a problem is All of the teams, (Well maybe not 3D) are in limbo on wether not to be Face or Heel & in the process we get confusing booking & matches that make no sence!... LAX Vs XXX! Where's The Buildup, Who are the Heels?... Same can be said for the Tag Title match up. Team Pacman Vs The Coalition, yet again, Who are the Faces in this bout?

I'm all for TNA trying to produce an excellent division & trying to attract viewers in that way but why are they just throwing together matches & changing Heel/Face Status within weeks of each other! Are VKM mean to be Heels now ?!?! Please Tell Me! This isn't just limited to the Tag Division either, i fought Sonjay Dutt turned Heel last month sometime?

So overall i just think that TNA need to sit down and decide wether or not what stance they are & stick with it. It seems as though they change their minds each week & change the plans a bit. Especially now were going into Bound For Glory that we have Heels Vs Heels Match... & Faces Vs Faces match! It just seems a bit rushed & unprepared compared to how the Divsion felt last year. LAX Vs XXX will probably steal the show at BFG but i doesn't stop me having a feeling of "WoW, this could've been an even better match, if they built the feud a little more, or gave them clear stances & not just leaving them in limbo".

By The Way... Any 1 else think that there gyna throw a swerve in that match with Senshi betraying XXX & Joining LAX... I Heard TNA fought of putting him in LAX sometime earlier in the year & he did work an LAX Type gimmick in ROH, so it could be a good fit!

PeepShow

LAX Vs XXX! Where's The Buildup, Who are the Heels?... Same can be said for the Tag Title match up. Team Pacman Vs The Coalition, yet again, Who are the Faces in this bout?

Are VKM mean to be Heels now ?!?! Please Tell Me!

Well, I would say LAX are the faces right now, especially when they get cheered coming out...lol. When you see Triple X, sure, they get cheered when they do some crazy stunts and stuff, but for the most part, they get bood, and when Daniels faced Lethal this past week on iMPACT, he played heel there as well.

In the case of the Pacman/Coalition match, Im not really sure either. Id prolly say that Team Pacman is more of the heel and The Coalition are more of a tweener.

VKM is nothing. Really. They are just plain shit. End of Story. :)

phantomgerald

It really isn't defined in TNA, which I think is bad. If you're a clear face or heel and be tweener for a while, that's ok but right now, it's so confusing.

JHar888

Reaction score
Well TNA has problems with choosing heels and faces in their storylines. I'd say that Abyss as a face is crap, and Angle as kinda like a tweener, but more of a heel is crap. And LAX is just tweeners I guess? I'm not sure, because I watch ECW a little, and TNA a little as well, but not often.

Reaction score
I dont know if LAX are heels or faces, Team Pacman are probably going to turn face, VKM are heels though, and the only reason I know that is because they come out of the heel tunnel.

Honestly though, if they didnt have this "face/heel" tunnel thing, I probably wouldnt know if half the roster was face or heel

Reaction score
Who cares? I think there are certain situations where if a heel/face is clearly defined, it can add to a match. But I think overall, that the given that "There MUST be a heel/face in every situation", thing went out the window when serious fans started appreciating ability, and excellence in the rin and on the mic.

Let the fans decide whos a heel/face. Why can't it change night to night? There shouldn't be a box around a wrestler, that has to MAKE him wrestle like a heel or face. This is one of the ways wrestling has evolved, since the 1980s.

phantomgerald

^^^The wrestlers can be heel and still be cheered by the crowd. If you said the guys that gets cheered should be face, then we'll have all the shitty wrestlers as heels and the faces will always win.

These heel/face turns in TNA is just too quick. There has to be a long feud before flipping to the other side, but TNA doesn't do that. Team 3d is face one ppv, heel the next, without any build up at all which is confusing.

PeepShow

^Not really. Team 3-D didnt just automaticly turn face without a buildup. After they lost to Joe/Angle at Victory Road, they blamed their lose on the crowd and the fans. That right there turned them heel at that PPV. Next day on TNA Today, they bullied Borash and others around like a child, and they 3 days later on iMPACT, they continued it. I wouldnt totally say there wasnt any bulidup there.....lol

Fatal 55

Reaction score
^Not really. Team 3-D didnt just automaticly turn face without a buildup. After they lost to Joe/Angle at Victory Road, they blamed their lose on the crowd and the fans. That right there turned them heel at that PPV. Next day on TNA Today, they bullied Borash and others around like a child, and they 3 days later on iMPACT, they continued it. I wouldnt totally say there wasnt any bulidup there.....lol

Pretty much true...

I'm digging 3D as heels though, people call them beyond the hill & claim they should be fired when in my mind they still have a load more to offer!

If only the rest of the tag division were just as clear cut & not being pushed as heels & being cheered by the crowd!

phantomgerald

The only reason Team 3d turned heel was because they were not getting any reaction from the crowd, and they needn't have turned heel.

sweetj14

Reaction score
Pretty much true...

If only the rest of the tag division were just as clear cut & not being pushed as heels & being cheered by the crowd!

Like a lot of people have said before it doesn't matter if the crowd cheers for you when you are a heel!

Examples: (A few people who were cheered/are cheered as heels.)

Edge
Randy Orton
Chris Jericho
Triple H

And when Chris Jericho used to say "Shut the Hell Up" and "Welcome to RAW is Jericho!" guess what? The crowd went crazy and said it with him. And you know what he was a HEEL.

Oh, and almost every Tag Team in TNA gets cheered. So we would have 1 or 2 heel teams and the rest would be face.

Enigma22

Reaction score
i agree and i think it really hurts the tna ppvs. many times there is almost no build up to the matches and they are just thrown together because they want to use all their best wrestlers every ppv.

the dark knight

there's no such things faces/heels in TNA. the crowd and the commentator chant SCREEEAM for everyone :nonono:.

however, kurt angle and cage are a liiiiiiil bit evil :).