Fab watches 205 Live (2018 - ????)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Gonna start when Drake comes in, and Enzo gets fired. Fuck the TJP & Enzo era's.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I started watching maybe February or march-ish and the first few weeks were rough with Japanese guys vs Luchas every week but after Mania or so the shit gets so fire. Hideo/Ali may have been a top 5 feud of the year

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Cruiserweight Champion: "Vacant"

205 Live
January 30th, 2018
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Commentary: Vic Joseph & Nigel McGuinness FUCK YEAH 2 MAN BOOTH!

Smackdown GM Daniel Bryan comes out to open the show, he says in the summer of 2016 he was proud to be apart of something near and dear to his heart the Cruiserweight Classic, so it is his pleasure to introduce the NEW GM of 205 Live Drake Maverick. Bryan leaves, as the fans Booooo the new name and chant Spud. Drake says he's worked his entire life to get to the WWE. And he's proud to stand here, as the GM, he says he's here to help and the first thing he's here to do it help find a new champion. And that starts in a 16 man tournament with the finals being at WrestleMania.

First Round Match: Cedric Alexandre vs. Gran Matalik
Good feeling out to start, lots of fast-paced counters and flips, before they briefly speed it up hitting dives. Cedric has a nice dive to the floor before trying to slow things down for a bit, Matalik has a nice comeback and begins using the ropes to kick start moves. He hits the ropewalk followed by a dropkick for two, Cedric slides to the floor so Matalik follows up with a step up dive to the floor. Back in and Metalik hits a splash off the ropes for 2. Cedric then counters the Metalik driver and then hits the Spanish fly for 2. They go back and forth trading moves, awesome spot with Cedric catching a leap attack in mid-air and he goes for the lumbar check, but in mid-move, Matalik counters it into a spike DDT for two. Metalik attempts a moonsault off the top, but Cedric gets the feet up and quickly follows up with the lumbar check for the win. **1/2

Backstage: Drew Gulak presents Drake with flowers. He says he’s happy to have him here to deliver law & order and is still hoping for a better 205 Live. Drew leaves and Drake pawns off the flowers to one of the stagehands

HOLY SHIT! 205 is doing one of those confessional room promo setups like they do on reality TV, Mustafa Ali says he loved every bit of his match against Cedric last week even though he lost. That part sucked, but he’s excited about the tournament, and now he will steal the show and punch a ticket to WrestleMania :lmao

First Round Match: TJP vs. Tyler Bate
I hate TJP, I fucking cannot stand him but I'll tell you what he's good, he and Bate have a really good mat wrestling exchange to start but it gets ruined when TJP hits the dap pose, smurf still dabbing in 2018 BRUH! They continue to go back and forth on the mat, with TJP being the more skilled mat wrestler and the faster of the two so he does a good job frustrating Bate. They end up exchanging modified surfboard submission attempts, with Bate breaking to hit a dropkick, he follows up with a dive to the floor. But when he rolls him back in, TJ clips the knee. Vic then brings up how TJP won all his CWC matches using the knee lock :mark: I already love commentary team, sadly, TJ doesn't follow up on the knee right away, instead he goes after the head and chest then by the time he goes after the knee its time for the Bate comeback UGH! I hate this fuck yo. Bate hits a running SSP for two, as they go back and forth now exchanging strikes and NOW whenever TJP is in trouble he goes back to the knee. Bate fights off a kneebar, but TJP counters back and into the kneebar, but, Bate makes the ropes. Bate comes back with the rebound LARIAT for two. And does a 20-second airplane spin, he goes for the Tyler Driver but TJ drops down and attempts the kneebar but Bate rolls through into a roll-up for two. Big right hand connects from Bate, but he makes the mistake of heading up top and misses Spiral Tap which allows TJ to again lock in the kneebar, but once again Bate makes the ropes. Bate hits a rolling kick, but TJP counters the Tyler driver into a roll-up and grabs a hold of the tights for the win. **1/2

NEXT WEEK - RODDY/HIDEO :mark:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
TJP might also be the best wrestler I've ever hated so much too tbh I thought I was the only one. He was great as Suicide in TNA bc I didnt have to see his face :side:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

205 Live
February 6th, 2018
Kansas City, Missouri

First Round Match: Kalisto vs. Lince Dorado
Solid Lucha opening, tons of quick paced counters and escapes. They're stable mates so they know one another stuff, so neither man can get a move off successfully, and when they do it's about 2 moves before the other cuts it off. They have a nice game up one-upmanship. E.G. Kalisto hits the head scissors and follows up with a suicide dive to the floor, then about 20 seconds later Lince hits a head scissors to the floor but on his drive to the floor, he hits the summersault dive through the middle and top rope to the floor. Lince tries to wear him down with the side-headlock but breaks it to go to the air more, but Kalisto gets up, they end up fighting up top but Lince gets the better and connects with a super Frankensteiner off the top rope, but both men are too worn down to follow up. Kalisto begins to build some momentum, as they fight up top again. AND KALISTO HITS THIS INCREDIBLE BODY SCISSORS INTO A PIN OFF THE MIDDLE ROPE but Lince kicks out, Lince blocks the rolling kicks and follows up with the standing backflip into the stunner and hits an SSP off the top, but Kalisto rolls to the floor to avoid being pinned. Lince rolls him back in, but Kaliso sneaks in a small package but Lince kicks out. KALISTO THEN HITS THE SDS BUT LINCE GRABS THE ROPES AT THE COUNT OF 3 SO THE MATCH CONTINUES! He goes for it again, but it gets countered, so he hits/tries to hit an inverted spike 'rana he gets the move but never fully connects before finishing with a 2nd SDS for the win. **3/4

lljbVRE.gif

In the confessional room, TJP talks about how he's doing it for him now.

Next Week: Mark Andrews vs. TOZAWA

Backstage: Drake tells Drew and Tony, they are wasted potential and pits them against one another in the tournament next week.

First Round Match: Hideo Itami vs. Roderick Strong
Good shit as usual, they trade mat holds to start with Roddy going after the arm and wrist as Hideo goes to the side-headlock. Hideo takes over with some stiff kicks and the knee to the back of the head, but he begins getting too cocky and takes too long going for a tornado DDT which allows Roddy to block it and counter it into a gutbuster to take over. Solid Roddy control he works the arm that took Hideo out for a year but also sneaks in some backbreakers for fun. Roddy yelling "come on KENTA" was great, he quickly remembers and tries to save it with "Come on Hideo" afterwards :lmao Hideo makes a comeback, but he runs into one of Roddy's 3 strike combos before hitting the Angle Slam for two. They fight on the apron, Hideo blocks he belly to back to the apron twice, but he can't avoid the 3rd and Hideo takes a nasty bump onto the LED side. Roddy quickly rolls him back in for two, it looks like he goes for the end of heartache but Hideo counters it into a standing Flacon's arrow for two. Both men now begin trading big moves and submissions seeing if anything works. Roddy blocks a running charge by hitting a popup gutbuster, followed by the running knee and he cloud9 side-slam for two. He goes for a super gutbuster off the top, but Hideo blocks it and connects with a super falcons arrow but he doesn't get all of it which allows Roddy to kick out (kayfabe wise, seeing how everyone kicks out of that move) They begin trading forearms until Hideo sneaks in a sick spinning backfist, but Roddy comes right back with the jumping high knee and hits the end of heartache for the win. Awesome match, but I guess the theme of 205 is the dead crowd hurts this somewhat. ***

3ijK8TM.gif

Reactions: Chris

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

205 Live
February 13th, 2018
Bakersfield, California

First Round Match: TOZAWA vs. Mark Andrews
Good mat wrestling to start, good story with Mark being a fan of Tozawa even before he broke into wrestling so he knows Tozawa's moves so he has it scouted. Plus Mark uses his speed to frustrate him, 205 Tozawa is weird he's not as brutal and violent like he was in PWG, just a really good wrestler that makes weird sounds in hopes that this is the week the crowd does it back so he can feed off of it. He works both arms, but Mark has an escape for all of it and doesn't really sell so it's all kind of meh. Mark then goes after the knees and has an Indian deathlock applies, but then he randomly breaks it to lock in an octopus move. I FUCKING HATE THAT SHIT! Not the move, but that type of shit, like why? Anyway, Tozawa breaks free and begins picking up the pace, he hits a dive to the floor but as he goes for the senton off the top Mark recovers and fights back, he hits a standing corkscrew moonsault for two. BUT TOZAWA HITS A BACKDROP DRIVER FOR TWO. They begin trading near falls until Tozawa goes for the Oklahoma roll up but Andrews uses his momentum to block it and roll up Tozawa for the win. **1/2

Backstage: Dasha aks Jack Gallagher about his match against Mustafa Ali, when Drake comes over and says his suits are not appropriate wrestling attire and tells him he expects him to be ready next week. That means finding new ring gear. What a dick.

BUDDY MURPHY HYPE~!

First Round Match: Drew Gulak vs. Tony Nese
Heel vs. Heel, Fake friend vs. fake friend deal here, so it's not much of the highflying style more of submission and brawling based match. It's mostly Tony to start, I'm not the biggest Tony fan like I don't hate him but he simply does nothing for me. Drew takes over after a belly-to-belly on the floor, and the match significantly picks up as Drew starts getting nasty with strikes and the theme of 2018 continues as he works the arm. But sadly it gets cut short for the Tony comeback, they begin trading big moves and near falls. TONY THEN BUSTS OUT THE FUCKING FOSBURY FLOP TO THE FLOOR AND HITS THE PUMPHANDLE INTO THE MODIFIED MICHINOKU DRIVER FOR TWO. The finishing stretch rules, Tony just begins destroying Drew with power moves and strikes clearly getting the better during their exchanges, but Drew uses his smarts but suckering Tony onto the apron only to knock him off and sends him crashing onto the announce table, he then keeps throwing Tony face and back first into the table before rolling him back in. Huge Lariat follows, DREW THEN FULLY SNAPS AND HITS TWO POWERBOMBS, and locks in the Dragon sleeper but Tony is out so the ref calls for the bell. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

205 Live
February 20th, 2018
Phoenix, Arizona

First Round Match: Ariya Daivari vs. Buddy Murphy
Neither guy are "cruiserweights" Ariya is like just another wrestler, but he's under 205 so they put him on this, and Buddy just discovered NJPW so he's using anything and everything he thinks is cool, but it works for him and he has gotten so much better since his tag team days. He's also started selling so I'm fully on board now, Ariya hits the inverted DDT to the apron and takes over attacking the back. I think Buddy is supposed to be a face, but IDK, he has a nice comeback and hits a sweet senton bomb plancha over the top to the floor, he then follows up with the double knees off the top for two. Nice spot out of desperation, Ariya grabs Buddy's tights and pulls him to the floor, so when Buddy gets back in that allows Ariya to hit a sweet elbow and a splash off the top for two. Hammerlock Lariat also gets two, he goes for a move but Buddy hits a 4 stroke combo and hits a Pumphandle lift into Whale Hunt for the win. **1/2

Lince Dorado & Gran Metalik (w/ Kalisto) defeated Evan Daniels & Corazon Delgado

First Round Match: "Gentleman" Jack Gallagher vs. Mustafa Ali
Both guys come out mat wrestler, it's really, really good they play the Bate/TJP story with Jack being supreme on the mat, so he targets the arm and does his best to keep Ali grounded. Ali then begins quickening the pace to his style of a match before they do an RVD/Lynn type rolling pin sequence and it's miles better and in a better place not after 20 minutes. They end the friendly game of one-upmanship and begin slugging it out, Jack then does one of my all-time favorite spots and that's pulling up the apron as Ali goes for the baseball slide, and smothering him with it before beating the shit out of him. Jack does some filler beat down stuff in the middle, but once he feels Ali making a comeback he finds the opening and hangs Ali's arm up over the top and sends him arm/shoulder first into the ring post. Still, find it hilarious that everyone is now working arm's for 2018, but it rules so I can't complain. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HILARIOUS SPOT ALI GOES FOR SOME WEIRD CORKSCREW PLANCHA TO THE FLOOR BUT IDK IF JACK WAS SUPPOSE TO CATCH HIM, BUT ALI JUST FALLS AND HITS THE APRON BEFORE HITTING THE FLOOR :lmao Nigel tries to save it by saying Jack moved, even though on replay it shows Jack not moving an inch. Jack goes back to work on the arm, but now instead of stomps and punches now he's going for submissions. Ali fights back, but as he goes to the top Jack drills him with a running dropkick and Ali takes a nasty bump back/arm first into the barricades. Jack then follows up by slamming the arm into the steps and whips him arm first into the corner for two. Jack now goes for the armbar, but Ali locks the hands so JACK BUSTS OUT THE DANIELSON KO ELBOWS :mark: The match ends when Jack goes for a belly to back off the top, but Ali lands on his feet and hits a superkick, tornado DDT and the 054 for the win. Awesome match. ***1/4

JAeEUip.gif
VUBbLE9.gif

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

205 Live
February 27th, 2018
Los Angeles, California

*update*

VdYr5T3.png

Quarter Final Match: Cedric Alexander vs. TJP
Slow drawn out mat wrestling to start, they go back and forth exchanging holds, and that's kinda the theme of the match both guys trading submission attempts, they know one another so well so they have to come up with new things on the fly to maintain control. Really different style, and something I wasn't expecting at all. They have about combined 2 dives and, and like 3 high spots. This style isn't for everyone I can see if people thought it was boring cause it went about 17 minutes. Late in the match, Cedric hurts he knee during the senton dive over the top, that allows TJP to lock in the kneebar, but Cedric tries to counter it but TJ roll it into the same pin that beat Bate, even holding the tights but Cedric still kicks out. They trade back and forth, TJP attacks the knee with kicks, but Alexander hits a desperation lumbar check for the win. **1/2

In the confessional room, Ali says he had the fight of his life last week, and despite all the pain he had his sights on Mania and won. Next week he has Buddy, a bad dude. But he's not bad enough to break him.

In the parking lot, 205 Live reports ask Buddy about his match next week, he says he's been waiting for this for a long time. If Ali thought the match with Jack was brutal last week, he's got another thing coming next week.

Quarter Final Match: Kalisto vs. Roderick Strong
A dream match for me, once again Mr. consistency delivers, he gets to get into his bigger guy bag and just beat the shit out of Kalisto and it fucking rules. At first, it's all Kalisto to start who uses his speed, awesome spot where it looks like Roddy blocks a 'rana on the floor and goes to powerbomb him onto the apron, but Kalisto uses his momentum to 'rana Roddy into the barricades. But, about a minute later RODDY HITS THE EXPLEX ONTO THE ANNOUNCE TABLE TO TAKE OVER :mark: Awesome brutal Roddy control, he works the lower back and does a bunch of backbreakers and bending Kalisto in different ways. Kalisto has a nice comeback, but as he goes for the SDS, Roddy blocks it by hanging him up on the top rope. He hits a combo for two, Kalisto counters the end of heartache and then counters the tiger bomb into the sunset flip for two. Enziguri by Kalisto follows, they end up fighting up top and Roddy looks like he's going for a scoop slam but Kalisto blocks and switches it in mid-air, and Roddy lands right on his shoulder. Damn, that looked nasty. Kalisto follows with rights, and kicks but Strong cuts off SDS and the hits the end of heartache for the win. ***

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Idk how I feel about Alexander winning a match with a finish that consists of him dropping his opponents body weight on his knees when TJP was working the knee the whole match. Seems counterintuitive

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
You’re not wrong. I noticed that a lot with Seth in 2018. Heel would work over his knee, then he’d proceed to do a buckle bomb with no problem and that shitty ripcord knee WITH the bad knee

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
That's why I prefer when guys work the arm or the head bc it's not as bad to no-sell those and no one sells besides Ronda anyway

Reactions: Cwalker

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
That's why I prefer when guys work the arm or the head bc it's not as bad to no-sell those and no one sells besides Ronda anyway
unless the wrestlers uses that same elbow to hit an elbow drop to win a match.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
unless the wrestlers uses that same elbow to hit an elbow drop to win a match.

True but I've fucked up my arm and knee before and it's so much easier to say fuck it and do whatever with your arm even though it hurts but not a leg. I can suspend disbelief more at least

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Rich Franklin knocked out Liddell with a broken freakin arm.