Fab got the itch back and watches random matches

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE Royal Rumble 2020 Pre-Show
January 26th, 2020
Houston, Texas

WWE United States Championship: Andrade (c) (w/Zelina Vega) vs. Humberto Carrillo
This is really good, I had a blast watching it, I've always been an Almas fan so to see him have a fun match against Rey on RAW, then have this match puts a smile on my face considering when I stopped watching it looked like they had no idea what to do with him. God bless Charlotte Flair :side: This is also my first time seeing Carrillo and I will say I'm impressed, he's still rough around the edges but what I've seen so far I like. I really enjoyed the open 5 to 7 minutes with all the counter and Lucha spots, I would have liked it to come off cleaner and smoother than it did. But I've noticed that with Almas matches, he wants to do all this creative stuff but he telegraphs it and occasionally looks like he half-asses at times, But outside that, this is fun and didn't drag, they didn't do too much, everything made sense. at first, I didn't like the finish but it makes sense given what's gonna happen in the future, so good match.

Reactions: Chris

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 12
January 4th, 2018
Tokyo Dome

No Disqualification Match for the IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship: Chris Jericho vs. Kenny Omega (c)
This is great, I'm a sucker for the mid-level all-out wars, where they brawl, fight and show how much hatred they have with one another without trying to acc harm the other. I've never been the biggest Omega fan like I acknowledge he's a fantastic wrestler but it really is the internet that ruins guys, it's the same reason why I never got Seth aka Tyler back in ROH. Or even Mox before he signed with WWE. Like they were so over-hyped that if they didn't have bangers every night you just say they suck. It is a lose-lose situation. But Omega is way better than those guys and keeps putting on classics. As for Jericho, I don't know what else to say about the man, his ability to recreate himself and stay relevant, be over and just make me laugh and keep me entertained. He might be the most well-rounded wrestler ever. And is everything a wrestler should be. I'm so glad he was able to have this type of match, granted it with a ton of smoke and mirrors but he looked like he acc wanted to be in the ring instead of just trying to be funny, which I felt he was doing at the end of his WWE run. Granted the stuff with KO was amazing and I'm a sucker for the list, scarf, and drink of Jericho but to see him be able to put on a classic like this still puts a smile on my face. He can be such a piece of shit sometimes and that was on full-on show here. I don't know why but Jericho beating up young boys and red shoes is great, I think it's cause he's so loud and talks during the beatings that it's great. They did a fantastic job at building the spots, with the next one being better and have more meaning than the last. And this is prob my old school neckbeards ways but the addition of blood really helps. The match isn't without its flaws tho, it really didn't need to be 35 minutes, but I get it. The middle dragged a tiny but the final 7 minutes with the big counters and signature/finishing moves were great. I'm glad they didn't OD on finishers and the one-winged angel on the chair that Jericho brought in was enough to win it for Kenny. Fuckin Meltzer ruined the whole star rating system to the point I don't even wanna do it anymore. I don't think this is 5 stars but it's really great and something I'm gonna be watching again. MOTYC for sure.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
You didn't talk about Carillos dimples :vince4

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
AEW Double or Nothing
May 25th, 2019
MGM Grand Garden Arena

Cody (w/Brandi Rhodes) vs. Dustin Rhodes
This is another one of those matches I've been watching to see since it aired, the good thing about being sick and having a broken toe is the wrestling itch can just come out of nowhere like chicken pocks and I've got them lol. I did watch the Cody/Warlord match before this one so it kinda got me in the mood. Really good video package considering they can't use any WWE stuff, but that song was dope. Speaking of songs you can tell Cody is part owner of AEW cause that entrance, he's so lucky his entrance music is fuckin fire. Poor guy has so much hatred towards tripsgod. Poor kid.

I'm so happy for Dustin man, I feel he might be the most underrated wrestler of all time. I loved him as the Natural in the early 90's WCW, Goldust during the late 90's. My favorite is 2002/2003 Goldust, not only was he in his bag with Booker but in the ring, he brought it too. Even 2010/13 Goldust brought it, had killer match against Regal, and carried Chris Masters at one point. Hell don't even get me started on the match he and Cody had against the Shield. So yeah. Happy. TBF I don't know what this feud is about outside Cody just wanting to wrestle his brother and prove he's supposed him, while Dustin who's 50 years old and hasn't wrestled in about a year or 2 and wants to show he can still do this. And boy did he ever. Match took a while to really get going but once Dustin gets busted open it elevates this to where is needed to get too. Speaking of the blood fuckin hell Dustin went all out with the blade. I said in the Omega match blood helped and it helped this a ton. It took this from like a regular brother/brother match to Cody wanting to beat his brother and showing he's better to what sick fuck would do this to his own brother. And Dustin's selling of old age, blood, exhaustion and does he even have it anymore. I marked huge for Dustin hitting the code red, for a false finish and even Dustin hitting the crossrhodes was great. HOLY SHIT Fantastic shot with Dustin just exhausted and the blood coming down his face like sweat, I think it was Excalibur who is the best commentator in wrestling and has been for years who also mentioned it, but that was great. Would have liked a longer finishing stretch but that was done perfectly with Cody managing to outlast his brother and it tells the story that Cody isn't the better man, he just won off the blood loss and being younger. It's another one of those I don't know if it's 5 stars, but it's great and I'm glad it gets the praise it deserves. MOTYC.

DAT POST-MATCH LOVE :kurt

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
WWE Royal Rumble 2020 Pre-Show
January 26th, 2020
Houston, Texas

WWE United States Championship: Andrade (c) (w/Zelina Vega) vs. Humberto Carrillo
This is really good, I had a blast watching it, I've always been an Almas fan so to see him have a fun match against Rey on RAW, then have this match puts a smile on my face considering when I stopped watching it looked like they had no idea what to do with him. God bless Charlotte Flair :side: This is also my first time seeing Carrillo and I will say I'm impressed, he's still rough around the edges but what I've seen so far I like. I really enjoyed the open 5 to 7 minutes with all the counter and Lucha spots, I would have liked it to come off cleaner and smoother than it did. But I've noticed that with Almas matches, he wants to do all this creative stuff but he telegraphs it and occasionally looks like he half-asses at times, But outside that, this is fun and didn't drag, they didn't do too much, everything made sense. at first, I didn't like the finish but it makes sense given what's gonna happen in the future, so good match.
Always been an Almas fan :side:

Wasn’t saying that when he was wearing the Chip N’Dales suspenders