Extreme Rules

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Why is this even still a PPV? I dont care to see hardcore matches when chairshots to the head are illegal. I dont care for chairshots to the head in the first place, but it's pretty fucking stupid to have a PPV aimed at hardcore and weapons with the direction WWE is trying to go.

...god...

Reaction score
Nah, taking repeated chair shots to the back is brutal, bro.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
You're worried about not having chair shots? How about blood? I'd much rather see blood than a chair shot to the head any day of the week. Especially when you are branding shit as hardcore. Doesn't make sense. That's why I can't take any type of hardcore match, HIAC, Elimination Chamber, etc seriously anymore.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Nah, taking repeated chair shots to the back is brutal, bro.
Yeah but, WWE isn't brutal anymore.

You're worried about not having chair shots? How about blood? I'd much rather see blood than a chair shot to the head any day of the week. Especially when you are branding shit as hardcore. Doesn't make sense. That's why I can't take any type of hardcore match, HIAC, Elimination Chamber, etc seriously anymore.
No, I said it's not just about the chairshots, but a chairshot "to the head" results in wrestler's being fined. The fuck good are weapons in a no-dq match if shots to the head result in fines? I just don't see how Extreme Rules ties in AT ALL with what the WWE is doing nowadays... it's almost as pointless as a nympho refusing all forms of sexual stimulation.

fuzzy

Reaction score
i totally agree with you man, there's really no point at all to have this ppv. they should, if they decide to continue with it, change the name at least to fit the product you're promoting.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^I'm not so much worried about the name as I am the content of the card v_v.

I don't see how you say "I'm aiming my product to children, so I'm going to fill a card on a PPV with several dozen weapons and ways to use those weapons, albeit without headshots."

It makes absolutely 0 sense for WWE to continue with this PPV if you're really going to aim at children.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Hot off of WWE.com:

Exclusive jpegs of the new Extreme Rules set during a 'practice' weapons/scaffold match:

gladiator-joust-inflatable.jpg

noumenon

Reaction score
Wasn't Extreme Rules one of the better PPV's last year? By now I think most people on the roster know how to work around the restrictions and guidelines.

fuzzy

Reaction score
^I'm not so much worried about the name as I am the content of the card v_v.

I don't see how you say "I'm aiming my product to children, so I'm going to fill a card on a PPV with several dozen weapons and ways to use those weapons, albeit without headshots."

It makes absolutely 0 sense for WWE to continue with this PPV if you're really going to aim at children.
Ya I agree, which in turn would have to change the name of the ppv to fit the product you're producing for the fans. and since the wwe is a lot more kid friendly, then change the name that is a bit less extream, because new fans won't allow their kids to watch a ppv based on its name alone.

nightblade420

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more, unless they use Extreme rules to end the pg-14 crap and start to go back to the more intense matches then the PPV needs to go. (same with a few other themed PPV's)

Airfixx

Reaction score
"WWE has removed the World Heavyweight Championship ladder match originally slated for Extreme Rules off of their website."

...Whatever next. :roll:

1chiban

Reaction score
Although the overall star quality of both can - and has, and will continue to be - debated, the cool thing about the Christian-Del Rio match is that someone who has never held the title will have done so by the end of the night. That's always interesting, at least.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Meh, they should just scrap all hardcore matches. Nobody takes this crap serious anymore. Nobody should be blading period anymore. If chairshots to the head are banned it's ridiculous to have them anyway. (Rember that Wade Barrett spot at TLC? :lmmmao: ) But yeah, this whole concept style is so opposite of what they're doing.

WWE doing something stupid or the wrong thing though? Who could have guessed the booking and marketing geniuses of this company would?

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Hardcore died out with ECW. No matter how much anyone tries to deny it. It's true. Ladder matches and the like are fine, but the street fight/deathmatch style kind of bores me. If it's a major blood feud then it's fine for a payoff but just for any old feud, or to start a feud it's pretty dumb.