Evolution or the Aftermatch?

• Thread starter The Rated R CMStar
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

I could go on and one on this point, talking about the two points of view, but I'd keep it simple instead.

Both Batista and Randy Orton are main eventers, and I think it's safe to say Batista is the second of third biggest face in the WWE, and Orton the second top heel in the WWE.

That was the point of Evolution. Make those two the face of the WWE.

However, I pop the question, what truly made those two main eventers? There time with Evolution, the way they went out from Evolution, or the time after Evolution when they were completely flying solo?

Montana

I think Randy Orton was destined for sucess. Even early in his career he had all the characteristics the wwe likes. They knew he was the future, which is why he was placed in Evolution.

Batista on the other hand was in the right place, at the right time in my opinion. Brock Lesnar left, and the wwe needed their token muscle guy. When Batista debuted he wasn't anything special. His career started a little slow. It wasn't until being placed with Evolution, people started taking notice.

As far as what made them stars, I feel the wwe needed them to step up, when they did. They were losing a lot of their top guys and needed to make new stars.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
I'll agree with Montana. Batista being over wasn't in my opinion due to his talent. In my opinion it was his feud with HHH that helped him out. HHH was THE heel at the time and i think anyone could have gotten that big of a rub if they had won a feud with HHH. Hell Orton probably would have went over Taker and Hogan no problem if his feud with HHH would have been booked right.

Beer

This is a great thread CMS first of all.

And secondly, Randy was slightly destined to become a HUGE draw, he was talented on the mic and in wrestling.

Batista, not quite the same. His feud with Triple HHH made him who he is today, without he would possibly be wrestling in the midcard.

Moonlight Drive

Batista is a prime example that bookes make the stars. Without Evolution, he would not be in the Main Event.

Anyway, for Orton, it was his time in Evolution which made him a star. He was the longest reigning IC Champion in a long time, went over Foley, Benoit, HBK and the like, and I think his face turn would've worked a lot better if he turned on Triple H and went for the title from there like Big Dave.

Montana hit the nail on the head with Batista. The focus was Orton, but after Brock left, Batista started to get a push. Right place, right time. And he would've ultimately failed with a face if he didn't go over Triple H on 3 straight PPV's.

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
Feuding with the remains of Evolution is what made them.

Orton was tipped to be the new Stone Cold in '04 after he left Evolution, until he was practically buried the entirety of '05 by 'Taker.

Batista was getting over with Evolution, and the crowd was already starting to love him even before he left and won the WHC.

Rated R Stud

Reaction score
Going in Evolution, Made Randy Orton and Batista what they are today, Orton was destined for success, but Batista wasn't but Batista got rubs and Backstage power curdous of HHH, And Tista started to feel good in the ring and fans were getting behind him. So he got big to.

Airfixx

Feuding with the remains of Evolution is what made them.

Orton was tipped to be the new Stone Cold in '04 after he left Evolution until he was practically buried the entirety of '05 by 'Taker.

I would argue that the seeds were sewn by the time he'd won the WHC. The aftermath and his crappy face-turn set him BACK - It didn't propell him UP the roster.

Batista was getting over with Evolution, and the crowd was already starting to love him even before he left and won the WHC.

It was his static and bucking horns with HHH that was getting those reactions though. They were willing him to turn on HHH, they weren't getting behind the HEEL Batisita prior to that (nor did the fans 'force' the turn - unlike Rock for example - as it was already in motion).

A bit like Action Man, if you check the plastic panties that Batista wears it says "Manufactured by HHH" on the label.