• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Evil Dead Rise (2023)

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
'Evil Dead 4' Is Heading to HBO Max — And Its Official Title Is Groovy
The film is produced by 'Evil Dead' director Sam Raimi and star Bruce Campbell.

The Deadites will rise on HBO Max, as Evil Dead Rise is officially heading to the streaming platform, with no theatrical release confirmed. Executive produced by Evil Dead original director Sam Raimi and star Bruce Campbell, Evil Dead Rise is the new chapter of one of the most influential horror franchises in movie history, and if moving to a streaming platform ensures we’ll get to watch it sooner than later, so be it.

Little is known about the upcoming film to be helmed by The Hole in the Ground director Lee Cronin, who was handpicked by Raimi to bring the franchise back to life. The usual setting of a cabin in the woods will also be dropped in favor of urban scenery, a choice that should lead the franchise into an unexplored path. As Campbell is retired from his Ash William character, Evil Dead Rise will also bring in new female protagonists Alyssa Sutherland (The Mist, Vikings) and Lily Sullivan (Picnic at Hanging Rock, Jungle) to play two estranged sisters who need to overcome their differences in order to survive an attack of the demon-possed dead.

The Evil Dead franchise already went through several reimaginations. The second film of the original trilogy is part-sequel, part-reboot, while the third film, 1992’s Army of Darkness, takes Ash Williams to fight a skeleton army in medieval ages. The wacky and campy style of Evil Dead would live on in the series Ash vs. Evil Dead, which ran for three seasons on Starz from 2015 to 2018. In 2013, Fede Álvarez also brought a more grounded, more brutal, but equally amazing version of Evil Dead to theaters, with Jane Levy as the lead.

There’s still no set date for Evil Dead Rise to hit HBO Max. However, earlier this year Campbell revealed production would start in 2021 in New Zealand, making an early 2022 release likely. Now that HBO Max is attached to the project, chances are production should indeed start soon, with the blessings of the Necronomicon, of course. As news from the upcoming Evil Dead sequel rises (pun intended), we’ll tell you all about it here at Collider.

Last edited:

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
If this isn't in a dystopian future that the TV show ended in. :out3

I guess I really need to see the Show now consider Campbell is retired from playing Ash. I don't mind the direction and with Raimi and Campbell as Executive Producers I'm sure they'll be giving us some good stuff with this. I didn't even know they did a 2013 Evil Dead remake with Levy who I remember from Don't Breathe and Castle Rock.

Marty McFourth

Indy Wrestling Connoisseur
Not really a surprise, but still. :garrett

It should come as no surprise whatsoever, but we thought we’d let you know that the official MPA rating for Evil Dead Rise has been handed down, and have no fear, it’s a hard “R”!

The new Evil Dead movie from New Line Cinema is rated “R” for…

“Strong bloody horror violence and gore, and some language.”
Director Lee Cronin (The Hole in the Ground) jokes, “I thought about making #EvilDeadRise a warm family friendly PG, but, instead decided to rip that notion to bloody bits and pieces.”

Evil Dead Rise is coming to HBO Max sometime this year, but no date has been announced at this time. That said, with the rating handed in, it won’t be much longer now. Stay tuned!

By the time it’s released this year, Evil Dead Rise will be the franchise’s first movie in just under 10 years, following in the wake of Fede Alvarez’s Evil Dead 2013 and course, the Starz series “Ash vs. Evil Dead” that brought Bruce Campbell back into the mix.

Here’s the official plot synopsis for Evil Dead Rise

“In the fifth Evil Dead film, a road-weary Beth pays an overdue visit to her older sister Ellie, who is raising three kids on her own in a cramped L.A apartment. The sisters’ reunion is cut short by the discovery of a mysterious book deep in the bowels of Ellie’s building, giving rise to flesh-possessing demons, and thrusting Beth into a primal battle for survival as she is faced with the most nightmarish version of motherhood imaginable.”

Gabrielle Echols (Reminiscence), Morgan Davies (The End) and Nell Fisher (Splendid Isolation) will star in the new movie alongside Alyssa Sutherland and Lily Sullivan.

Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell and Robert Tapert are producing Evil Dead Rise. According to Campbell, the three have been “very involved” in the project every step of the way.

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
I didn't mind the remake, it was brutal and very entertaining, but as this is officially a sequel to the original movies, I have very little interest if Raimi and Campbell aren't involved

Marty McFourth

ed-r.png

Deezy

DZ PZ
Great trailer.

Casey Anthony camping with the family.

I have a pitch for a future Evil Dead movie.....How about you crossover Deadites into a live action version of the videogame Dead Rising, and call it Evil Dead Rising?

Marty McFourth

Trailer looks like everything I was hoping for. Fair to say I'm incredibly excited for this to come out. Looks brutal, fun and just my kind of jam.