Evan Bourne, WWE's answer to AJ Styles?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Haze187

Reaction score
In the art of business theres something that always happens, some people call ripoffs but I prefer to call it an answer. I don't know if I am the only one that noticed this but Evan looks alot like AJ, I'm not saying he's a ripoff but I'm saying that his is WWE's answer to TNA's AJ Style because whenever another company has something you don't either you take it or make your own and we've seen this in the past with DX as an answer to NWO, Hardcore title as an answer to ECW. What do you guys think about this.

Montana

They said the same thing about Umaga to Somoa Joe. Sydal has always been similar to AJ, but different in minor ways. I don't think they brought him in cause he looks like AJ, i think they knew he was that good.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I don't think Bourne is the WWE's AJ Styles just because he looks like him or has a similar style. I doubt that the WWE would be taking anything or copying things from TNA, I see it the other way around. Evan Bourne kinda balances out the new call ups for WWE, he isn't a big guy, and the fans actually care for him.

Enigma22

Reaction score
i just think he was brought up cause hes a good wrestler

xtremebadass

They didn't really bring him in to make him a roster superstar, he was just a jobber that the fans took to, so they kept him awhile and his popularity soared from there. Sure he resembles AJ Styles, but there is only one that's Phenomenal. Besides AJ is going more heavyweight now, and Bourne is really small. The dude is like 5'5 170 lbs, that's pretty small. But he shows that small guys can have a chance in WWE.

Haze187

Reaction score
I guess it was unintentional but i still consider him WWEs AJ not just because of his looks but thee combination of both looks and style of wrestling, obviously he's not AJ but a little close but I don't think they would let him use a previously banned move as a finisher if they weren't going anywhere with him.

MikeRaw

NO, he isn't wwe's AJ. Ya, they have the same look, but they arent going to try to make him one of the faces of the company, or push him to the moon. Every company is going to have thta kind of wrestler somewhere on their roster, but I dont think it's to try to be an answer, but instead, just to give him a shot.

Haze187

Reaction score
Doesn't mean he had to be the face of the company and let's face it he probably isn't even gonna get a midcard push but you guys are misunderstanding this trust me most people who watch TNA is because of AJ like it or not so what if WWE had an AJ? Means WWE gets new or old viewers that tune in just to see someone like AJ, maybe I'm wrong but everything is possible. But just to finish off on what I'm saying I know slot of people including myself who started watching ECW just to see Evan.

MikeRaw

But they DONT have an AJ. Tehe only thing similar is the look, but that doesn't mean they are the same, or wwe's version.

seX-Power

Evan Bourne and AJ Styles may look and wrestle similiar but they are by no means clones of each other or made to copy each other. Styles is a TNA main eventer with charisma and a great amount of success to his name. Sydal is nowhere near that calibre yet and never will be in the WWE, He is not their answer to AJ, he is there to prove that the WWE wreslers come in all sizes and he is a trial to see if the fans will take to him. And no, I don't watch ECW just for Evan as he offers nothing to the fans. He has no charisma I have seen and his matches have been short and unbalanced.

DevilAdvocate86

Reaction score
I've started to like this guy Evan Bourne. Pretty Impressive in the ring but I don't think he is WWE's answer to TNA Aj Styles. As many have already said he was just a jobber which the fans took to and gained himself an excluisive contract for ECW. As for WWE copying ideas from TNA ???? Isn't it the other way with Shark Boy acting like Austin lol

PW's KJ

Reaction score
Matt "tag whore" Sydel has improved leaps and bounds. He's still not by any means great, nor will he ever have a match comparing to Styles/London, Styles/Daniels or 5* classic Styles/Daniels/Joe...

BUT...

He's definitley a niche kinda guy the WWE's needed. And since Paul London seems to have the maturity of a five year old on a mixture of speed and cook, Sydel will have to do.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
This guy is pretty sick hes the only reason i watch ecw. He might actually be better than aj styles honestly.

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
Evan Bourne is pretty talented but as like everybody says he's not the answer to AJ Styles at all. AJ had the vibe and badass look to steal a PPV with his moves. I wanna see if Evan Bourne can cut a few to see if his mic skiils could really shine, but hey you never know maybe WWE will make him heel and see if he can still win over with his fans like AJ did with his Prince of Phenomenal gimmick.

hiphopking

Reaction score
i like Evan Bourne always did when he was in roh and wsx and iwa ms but hes no aj styles he just a highflyer