Evan Bourne talking about new/old ECW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ballin

Reaction score
Evan Bourne was recently interviewed by The Sun in the UK. Here are the highlights:

The new ECW vs. The original ECW: "You can't make a direct comparison between the rosters, as we're so different. But if you compare ECW now to the old ECW on TNN - we blow that show out of the water. Every week we blow it out of the water. I have tons of respect for Rob Van Dam, Sabu, Super Crazy and Tajiri - as they were the guys I idolised growing up. I loved ECW. So that's why I'm so proud to part of the current ECW, to make sure the name has the same feel and fans feel the same way I did at that age."

On differences between now and then: "The main difference is that the original ECW's events weren't as large as ours. They were wrestling in front of 4,000-5,000, whereas WWE's arena shows attract 10,000. That makes a huge difference as you have to adapt to your crowd and give them the best show. Also ECW had no rules, you could use any language you want. I loved the promo Tazz cut on Steve Corino, where he cursed for 10 minute straight, but we can't do that. We're a PG product and I'm proud to be a part of that. I love doing it for the kids, but I never want to forget about that 18-24 male demographic that needs ECW to be like EXTREME Championship Wrestling was back in the day. Me and Tyson Kid can easily be the Super Crazy/Tajiri or RVD/Jerry Lynn of the new ECW. "

On the poor ratings: "You have to look at ratings as a long-term picture, but I did notice that the week I made my second debut was one of ECW's highest rated shows. And I think we're going to see a slow increase coming up. I measure more by live crowd reaction and how it looks on TV. I don't make any money off ad sales, so ratings are nowhere near as important to me as having a good product."

Tooken from PWPIX.NET

He made some good points I guess, but new ECW does not blow old ECW out of the water

chessarmy

I don't take WWE wrestlers' interviews seriously, we all know Vince will flip out if they say something remotely negative about the fed. Even Bourne was doing exactly what he was told to, go into the interview and make ECW look like its the greatest wrestling show ever

Hometown Kid

Yeah, I would have to say especially now wrestlers would be cautious. Nobody wants to be a Kennedy. >_>

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
^^^ Naw, I don't think he'd get fired either, but he'd be in the dog house for a while.

Edit: Snitsky got fired???

MizMasta3000

yup, and it wasn't his fault.

hahahahaha that was hilarious

Anyway, old ECW was amazing I lived in Baltimore and the arena was right off of I-95. I went to most of the events. This ECW needs a new name because there is nothing extreme about it maybe they should call it Extra because it's unecessary. If you love wrestling for kids wrestle in circuses with fake luchador masks

Reaction score
You, cant compare the two. As Bournce sorry Sydal says the two are completely different. I believe old ECW = 18 - 24 males where as new ECW = kids 15 and under. Thats my opinion on it all.