Ethan Page talks joining NXT, why he left AEW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Maybe it’s just cuz I’ve met him a few times and heard nothing but good things from my buddy about him but I don’t even see this as him really trashing AEW much at all. Just a few gripes and most people have when they move on. I agree he’s not ever gonna be a main roster top guy but a good hand for a whole isn’t a bad gig
Oh I def don't see the few lines as trashing either. Not everyone is gonna thrive in the aew environment n vice versa. Also think he was done in aew n time to go.

I do find the "omg someone that cares about me" lines are kind of funny cuz I feel like everyone says that when they switch companies lol

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Oh I def don't see the few lines as trashing either. Not everyone is gonna thrive in the aew environment n vice versa. Also think he was done in aew n time to go.

I do find the "omg someone that cares about me" lines are kind of funny cuz I feel like everyone says that when they switch companies lol

They really do always say that

And then ooops

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Their problem was that they hardly tagged together they could have a short run with the straps.
Ya sticking them w lambert n that tnt nightmare of a feud n then I think scorp got hurt

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Scorp is still under contract right?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Ya but injured again. Think he signed some dumb 5 year deal too. Tony gonna do bare minimum w him until it runs put I'm guessing

Bad News Booty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Ya but injured again. Think he signed some dumb 5 year deal too. Tony gonna do bare minimum w him until it runs put I'm guessing

Would be someone I’d relegate to ROH

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
The chaotic and unorganized thing isn’t a new revelation anyway. Didn’t Mox even elude to that recently or was that a fever dream?
It’s been mentioned a few times.

Just gets swept under the rug or treated like it’s just ex employees bad mouthing the company

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It’s been mentioned a few times.

Just gets swept under the rug or treated like it’s just ex employees bad mouthing the company

Lmao you gotta fix your Twitter timeline if you think this is only AEW but you seem to have made up your mind they're the worst fans who only do it. When Vince was in charge and everyone shit on WWE when they left it was also written off as "just being bitter they weren't pushed" and actually people are doing that to Dijak rn as we speak.

But aside from that annoying labeling that you can't help nowadays, and despite the multiple topics I make when people call out AEW's organization, I will try not to sweep it under the rug this time and agree that it's been an issue.

Everyone says they can't get a hold of Tony like they could year 1, only the producers and then theres a disconnect in communication from there. I don't think everyone needs direct meetings with Tony but they should have a clear line or communication to know that their pitches are being heard and I don't think that exists at all at the moment.

Reactions: Hoss

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

People were saying Dijak leaked to Fightful and got released for that bc he had to audacity to say he wasn't happy when he got drafted and only got booked for one Main Event match before his contract ran out lol I wasn't even gonna post this when I saw it days ago bc I try and avoid giving idiot fans attention when no one here is doing it but it seems some only think it goes one way

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Well he basically said he needs n wants the guidance n structure. U gotta pitch stuff in aew a lot more. N I'm referring to his own creative being shit cuz this is the guy who thought fighting himself as karate man was a good idea
It's more that he thought the Page vs. Karate Man thing should have put him over somehow. He basically wanted it to be an advertisement for him so he'd be hotter in AEW

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Lmao you gotta fix your Twitter timeline if you think this is only AEW but you seem to have made up your mind they're the worst fans who only do it. When Vince was in charge and everyone shit on WWE when they left it was also written off as "just being bitter they weren't pushed" and actually people are doing that to Dijak rn as we speak.

But aside from that annoying labeling that you can't help nowadays, and despite the multiple topics I make when people call out AEW's organization, I will try not to sweep it under the rug this time and agree that it's been an issue.

Everyone says they can't get a hold of Tony like they could year 1, only the producers and then theres a disconnect in communication from there. I don't think everyone needs direct meetings with Tony but they should have a clear line or communication to know that their pitches are being heard and I don't think that exists at all at the moment.
Chris I never once said it was only AEW

• Haha
Reactions: Chris