Eric Bischoff Presents: The International Wrestling Federation

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Well, i'll appreciate someone who has backstory to their shows and this is a pretty good one. Are you going to start writing actual shows soon? Or will they all just be E's blogs?

I don't know though...the Asylum stuff is a little odd. But when you think about it, it's kind of the same as the Impact Zone so I guess that's okay. The fact that they bought out TNA fills out some gripes I would have had had TNA shut down and IWF just signed random people. It's just hard to imagine people like Kurt Angle working somewhere like The Asylum.

But it could all be a lot worse, and there's some potential here, we'll see what happens. As always, best of luck, man. I'll read your future installments as well.

Sole Survivor

Reaction score
^ Pretty well said. Ruben, I loved your work from WC and this should be top notch as well. I am trying patiently for the next thing as we hope it is a Show. I am liking the Eric Bischoff blogs anyways and I cant wait to see where this goes. Try using some color like red writing the EricBischoff.com and Blog # Whatever. Like this.

EricBischoff.com
Easy E's Blog # 5: Show Coming Soon
The Long Expected Is Coming Soon.

Like that, Ruben. But, anyways, I like this BTB and that little time thing you had somewhere else I forget that little graphic with the timer, it was some other forum but anyways, it was good and I was wondering if you made it. Maybe get on MSN Messenger and could like talk about this BTB because it has so much potential.

Sole Survivor

Jay

Reaction score
ErichBischoff.com
Eric’s Blog # 5: Make It or Break It (July 2010)

July 2, 2010 would be one of our poorer showings. Only 200 people showed up to our Asylum show of the week . The funny thing is that when we had only 200 people, we had the best night of wrestling that we have had. Lucky Cannon & Kurt Angle took on AJ Styles & the debuting Jack Swagger. Swagger was contracted for that night and the debute of Takeover, and then we’d see what happens.

IWF would also introduce something known as the Independence Day Bash, a huge event that would be hosted at the State Fair Grounds by the IWF. We would end up being joined by TWA and ROH for the night and had a great main event under the fireworks. Kurt Angle v. Bryan Danielson was an amazing match, and we created a partnership between ROH & IWF.

That weeks Monday Night Live would be an hour earlier, and would lead into our IWF Takeover event. The ticket prices went up just a bit for getting two shows in one at the Asylum. Some fans weren’t too happy, but we had to do something.

Takeover 1 became a huge success. Our mainevent was Jeff Hardy v. Kurt Angle, and the televised event drew a 1.2 rating, which was amazing. ROH began promoting our Wednesday Night TV Event and we began to see the numbers increase.

I began to push for Angle/Hardy at “The Grand Slam†PPV event for the title, and I got my wish. Everyweek, we would see a very hungry challenger in Jeff Hardy v. the very content champion in Kurt Angle. The fans got into this event.

Takeover 2 drew a 1.5 rating. Takerover 3, the one right before the PPV got a .98 rating. “The Grand Slam†has a 200,000 presale, and a total of 750,000 buy rate, which was a increase to the Asylum PPV event.

Tommy Dreamer ended up debuting at the PPV and interefered in the main event, setting up Angle/Dreamer at SummerFest. At “The Grand Slam†it was announced that SummerFest would be a 4 Hour Televised Event on ABC, and a 3 hour PPV Event. The ABC Special would be a mixture of some ROH wrestling and major bands like Daughtry, Alter Bridge, Jonas Brother, Miley Cyrus and the big one: Eminiem.

July would be a great money making month.

Until Next Time
“Big E†Eric Bischoff

Jay

Reaction score
Well, i'll appreciate someone who has backstory to their shows and this is a pretty good one. Are you going to start writing actual shows soon? Or will they all just be E's blogs?

I don't know though...the Asylum stuff is a little odd. But when you think about it, it's kind of the same as the Impact Zone so I guess that's okay. The fact that they bought out TNA fills out some gripes I would have had had TNA shut down and IWF just signed random people. It's just hard to imagine people like Kurt Angle working somewhere like The Asylum.

But it could all be a lot worse, and there's some potential here, we'll see what happens. As always, best of luck, man. I'll read your future installments as well.

I do plan on going into booking shows in the month of late July/August.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Very realistic, in my opinion. Kind of went too far with the buyrates for only your second pay per view though.

Partnership with ROH is really interesting, and I hope to see a Angle v. Danielson match written out.

Keep it coming, and I'll stay tuned.

Jay

Reaction score
Very realistic, in my opinion. Kind of went too far with the buyrates for only your second pay per view though.

Partnership with ROH is really interesting, and I hope to see a Angle v. Danielson match written out.

Keep it coming, and I'll stay tuned.

I wasnt sure what realistic buyrates are :p. I will keep that in mind with my launch on WC.

And i will work on that for you eventually :)

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Also, as a bit of advice, try not to respond to every post in the thread. It kind of spams' your thread up and what not. Try to keep it as clean, and on point as possible. It makes it more appealing to readers when looking back at older shows.

Jay

Reaction score
Well, that may be the chase for some, but for me, it doesnt make a difference. I mean i ran one for 13 months, i know what i should and shouldnt do.

Dizzya

Reaction score
Shouldn't be spoiling this for my self but screw it looks good :)

Jay

Reaction score
LMAO dude! your a tardface man.