Eric Bischoff Buries Jeremy Borash

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
Derek Clark sent the following....Eric Bischoff posted the following via FaceBook and Twitter: "Just had a beer here in Nashville. Bartender asked me I worked for the boss "Jeremy Borash". When I asked "WTF" that was supposed to mean, I was told emphatically that Jeremy has represented himself as an "owner" of TNA. Jeremy is a low rent bit player who should be fortunate he has a job."

Note from Mike:
Anyone who has followed TNA knows that Jeremy Borash pretty much lives on the road for TNA, going back and forth from Europe to the United States working a ring announcer, house show producer and a TV announcer for the company. Beyond that, he's worked in production and creative ends and helped build the social media side of the promotion. During the early era of the company, he did a yeoman's work at pretty much anything and everything that was needed. To be fair, he wasn't alone as lots of others did and do the same, but anyone who's ever worked there knows what a utility player Borash has been for TNA since the Nashville PPV era.

For Bischoff to go online at 1 am in the morning (Nashville time) and write that anyone is lucky to have their job is a downright insulting and pathetic thing for anyone to say, much less a top executive in any company talking about someone they are supposed to be producing and overseeing as a talent. It's hardly the thing that breeds loyalty and inspires anyone to work hard for the place they work for - and that's not factoring in that Borash has been there since day one of the company, when employees were hardly making anything.

As top wrestler in the company texted to me this AM, "Either Bischoff is trying to get heat or he just outed how much he doesn't know or care about TNA." I really, really, really hope it's the former. If it's the latter, even if Bischoff believes he was 100% in the right for making the comment and calling out Borash, the trickle down effect of emasculating an employee publicly is something Dixie Carter has to address. WWE would never, ever tolerate someone of power doing that publicly and neither should TNA. Could you imagine Kevin Dunn writing that about say, Michael Hayes, in public?

Pathetic by Bischoff to bury Borash like this. The bartender may have been joking around with Bischoff or Borash may have been joking around with the bartender. All in all to bury a guy who has done more for TNA than almost anyone else is terrible. Bischoff gets a massive paycheck to not do much except get his kid a massive push. Borash does a lot of the hard yards for TNA and does so much backstage work for them. I can't believe that he would say that about Borash, I thought that of all people Borash would be the last one that people take a shot at for not working hard enough. The sooner Bischoff leaves TNA the better off TNA will be.

Magnus has come out in support of Borash on Twitter which is great of him.

Vivido

Reaction score
Sounds like Eric had a few to many. What a douche.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Hey remember that time when Scott Stafford said he didn't know who Borash was and nobody cared???

But in regards to this I think Bischoff probably said it as a joke so Borash would see it then they could giggle about it at work.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
So Jeremy Borash was in the same bar and was bragging that he owned TNA. Probably hitting on some drunk floozies. So he's just being a man.

Eric's response sounds like he was laughing it up with the bartender. This isn't news especially if it's just that.

I can't even pick a side but I do enjoy how everyone is jumping on Bishoffs case and not JB for portraying something he is not.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Hey remember that time when Scott Stafford said he didn't know who Borash was and nobody cared???

Little bit different since in that case it was someone from a different company, this is a comment from a guy that works for the same company.

So Jeremy Borash was in the same bar and was bragging that he owned TNA. Probably hitting on some drunk floozies. So he's just being a man.

Eric's response sounds like he was laughing it up with the bartender. This isn't news especially if it's just that.

I can't even pick a side but I do enjoy how everyone is jumping on Bishoffs case and not JB for portraying something he is not.

First Eric posted this on Facebook and Twitter so it isn't him laughing it up with the bartender and it isn't a second hand report.

Also we only know that Bischoff posted this, we don't know that Borash actually said that he was the owner and if he did it would be a joke so JB did nothing wrong. The comment Bischoff wrote is wrong for someone is meant to be in charge.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
If JB was at a bar and wanted to impress some ladies, I'm sure he would say he was the owner. The way he does things at TNA he could easily pull that off with a drunk hoe. Until I hear otherwise that didn't happen I'm not just going to bash Bishoff for the hell of it.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Dirt sheets freaking out again.

Borash is a joker, I doubt he was serious.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If his plan was to impress some women then saying he owned TNA would get more "What is that?" than getting legs opened up for him.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Only thing people should be hating Bishoff for anything is cockblocking.

PHX, that's when you lay down the game. Half the time guys get action in clubs they say shit that ain't true making up job titles they don't have and whatnot. This is light work.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Eric Bischoff is a tool for acting like this on the internet so everyone can see, especially since he's a top name in TNA and as I hear Borash is one of their hardest working guys. He should appreciate what Borash does for the company.

Backstage Heat on Eric Bischoff Over JB Comment
PWInsider.com is reporting that the fallout from Eric Bischoff's recent comments towards Jeremy Borash has resulted in backstage heat on Bischoff, as mostly everyone in TNA is taking Borash's side on this one.

The feeling is that Bischoff's comments were largely unprofessional, and if it was anyone else in the company who had made them, specifically anyone with less power than Bischoff, then he or she would be in very hot water for publicly burying a fellow employee as Bischoff did.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I would hope that Borash will stand up for himself at the next Impact tapings. He should confront Bischoff and hash it out rather than just letting it be.

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'd rather JB explain why he's going around telling people he's the owner of TNA to pick up chicks than to confront Eric but I guess I'm the only one that cares that JB is promoting something he's not. They should add this drama to the Garrett angle.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
If his plan was to impress some women then saying he owned TNA would get more "What is that?" than getting legs opened up for him.

I say i run this forum all the time to the ladies, Never works tho.

Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I'd rather JB explain why he's going around telling people he's the owner of TNA to pick up chicks than to confront Eric but I guess I'm the only one that cares that JB is promoting something he's not. They should add this drama to the Garrett angle.

Even if he did claim that he ran TNA how does that make what Bischoff said okay?

We dont know if Borash even spoke to the bartender all we know is what Bischoff posted and what he posted was wrong. The bartender may have thought he said his name was Jeffrey, as in JJ, or after Borash listed every single job he does for TNA the bartender may have assumed that Borash owned it. Still I don't see an issue with Borash joking around that he owned TNA but I do have a big problem with Bischoff burying the guy that has put more work and effort in TNA than almost anyone else.