End All Be All Triple H Debate

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Is Triple H that good?

• Yes

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

King Kota

Live Laugh Love
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
1581539405911.png

(Not My opinion mostly devils advocate for the sake of the argument)

He is known as "The King Of Kings" "The Cerebral Assassin" "The Game" "The COO" "The Godfather Of NXT"

Hunter Hearst Helmsley Triple H was he really that damn good, or perhaps was he just that damn smart? Triple H has and will always have that * to his name about what he that good in the ring or was he a good politician a average wrestler with average skills able to position himself with just the right people just the right Clique to get his way to the top. The question then to be asked was he ever the top guy? I mean in the ninety's He was second fiddle to guys like Shawn Michaels, Razor Ramon, Kevin Nash, with a blue blood snob gimmick. The form of D-X was it Triple H that made the group or again was it HBK I mean the start of it HBK was the leader the guy that was pushed the man that was going to be main eventing WrestleMania vs . Austin.

Then there is the whole thing about his "The Game" gimmick which was set and made for Owen Hart. Triple H friend retires and he then is dating the bosses daughter is it love or a plan set to get a push? He gets it but does HHH feel like hes the top guy? Austin, Rock, Undertaker, all three in front of him with guys like Jericho & Kane gaining steam.

2000's with him and Steph as the power couple but, again did he still feel like the top guy or was it because he was in a position with who he was dating who was injured or leaving the company?

Then there was Evolution

1581540516457.png

Was it really a mystery? Did Triple H set it up as a way to get guys to be under his thumb or was it really to buid new stars? I mean you did make them in both Orton & Batista but, at the cost of a thriving roster who came under the reign of terror known as Triple H WHC title run. The guy is handed the title and proceeds to...

1581540775316.png

Then there is the burials of guys like Booker T, RVD, Kane, Jericho, and so on defeated with the likes of Nash & Steiner in these feuds of a title reign that lasted to long.

1581540267139.png

Fast Forward to the future and other guys he buried and then the whole thing about getting the COO job it looked like HHH guys were the ones set up to succeed and others doom to fail. The retire comes somewhat and he then is still on TV as The Authority eventually winning WWE Title. Then the beginnings of NXT was this his way to cover up his past sins by putting this in front of our faces?

1581541448327.png

1581541552336.png

1581541607855.png

The truth is we don't really know and plenty of disgruntle workers can say what they like. Triple H was also a huge part of the attitude era being a main stay on TV forming The Clique, D-X he was Main Eventing winning championships building stars and is now paying it forward helping this new class of WWE superstars by giving a product that is better then its big brother & sister with Raw & SD. Triple H was also a freak of nature fighting through injuries. He had a long career won championships, is going to take the company to bigger heights fell in love had kids was building a better future.

So all that reamins is what you guys think.

Triple H a GOAT or GOAT Poltician and son on go on debate!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
He ain't called GOD around these parts for nothin'

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Triple H is only as good as the opponents he's working with.

If he's wrestling somebody who's a better worker than him, he'll have a fantastic match: I.E. Taker, Foley, Austin, Rock, Shawn

If he's wrestling somebody who's nowhere near as talented as him, he'll have an absolute stinker of a match: Steiner, Orton, Booker T, etc.

Surprisingly, his matches with Marc Mero are the stuff of legend, showing that Triple H can carry somebody to a good match if they have the right skillset.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Been on the H-Train since i saw this
rRHB1h.gif

Only time I hopped off was the dX reunion in 06.

Plus he's friends with Lemmy who was God....they were besties and HHH has his last interview.....he's GOD now.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Clearly one of the GOATs.

Reactions: Chris

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I am more of a Triple H mark than even Austin or Rock and look how that turned out. He's know a McMahon runnin' the future in NXT and with constant input on the main shows too. He has one of this careers that hardwork proves you can do whatever you want. Pretty damn awesome run. I'd like to see a way to get Ciampa/Trips at Mania but since Ciampa is scared to wrestle on the main roster(even though he already has) this might be the one way to get his ass where he needs to be.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
One of my all time favorite matches has Triple H in it, the street fight with Foley at Rumble 2000. I loved his feud with Foley as well as the one with Stone Cold and even his feud with The Rock.

I have always liked Triple H though. Even during his reign of terror year in 2003, I was still on the bandwagon. I like what he’s done for the business today and has helped mold the future in NXT.

I know I’m in the minority on this but I enjoyed 06 DX

Last edited:

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Always for the most part enjoyed Triple H's work. Always came off as someone who loved the business, and in his time was one of the few guys that wasn't junked up on pills, and drunk constantly. He's certainly a political figure, and knows how to position himself in the business. But at the end of the day I enjoyed a lot of his matches during his prime. His 25 minute Wrestlemania matches lately seem pretty unnecessary, but he's still a solid promo, and decent in the ring. Like many superstars in the past everyone "buries" someone. In my head the only people that think wins and losses don't matter are the people who are winning more than losing. If that even makes sense haha. And for anyone that had issues with his career at this point his help with NXT should have won them over.

Reaction score
Never bought into his whole tough guy act. It's well known he's a puss and never been in a real fight with another wrestler, but he goes out and acts like he's the toughest man to ever walk the earth. His 20 min promos were the worst part of the Attitude and Ruthless Aggression eras. He's a good wrestler, but I always found Angle,Y2J,Eddie to be more entertaining and better wrestlers.

I hated DX and their childish suck it crap, and Evolution were as boring and bland a group as I've ever seen.

Davey Wrestling

Does AEW have your attention now?!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Back in the day where he was the main guy, for me, he was boring to listen to and his matches were ok at best to watch.

Guys with his amount of longevity are always going to have something to pick at but usually you can point to some highlights too, HHH doesn't really have any.

Personally, I've always thought the entrance was better than the performer.

That said, in his current guise as the godfather of NXT, if (as seems to be the case) the way they're booking and running the show (tournaments and all) is coming from HHH, then I'm all aboard for this dude taking over from Vinny Mac as soon as possible.

Reactions: Hoss

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Triple H a puss......yeah ok pal.

Tear your quad on two seperate occasions and still run spots until the match is over when it was written to be.

Reactions: Necro

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
If anything Shawn Michaels is a puss who got beat up everywhere he went. Of course he was also fucked up high all the time so he probably could barely pick up his head. With Triple H he was sober all the time, I'm sure he could hold his own in a bar fight.

Requiredderiuqer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I'm seriously conflicted on his case. I feel like he is underappreciated in respect to mic work, just like Rock tends to be underrated in respect to in-ring ability.

GOAT or GOAT politician; neither of them.

Triple H is only as good as the opponents he's working with.

If he's wrestling somebody who's a better worker than him, he'll have a fantastic match: I.E. Taker, Foley, Austin, Rock, Shawn

Interesting, I feel the same on Undertaker