Elimination Chamber Elimination Chamber Predictions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Elimination Chamber Predictions Cover.jpg

It's interesting how unpredictable the Royal Rumble was, and yet only 2 weeks removed, we are rolling into arguably the most predictable PPV in months (that is, if you believe Dave Meltzer).

Elimination Chamber Match:
If I didn't listen to nearly 10 podcasts a week, I would have predicted that Cena would come out of the Chamber retaining his title, as to not devalue or cut short his newly record breaking reign. However, given the insurmountable amount of rumors that Wyatt will be winning the title this Sunday, I suppose I need to pick him as to not look foolish. Don't get me wrong, I've been pushing for Wyatt to hold a championship for years, but it's bittersweet knowing that he's only be placed as a transitional champion until Randy Orton takes back the belt at WrestleMania. Personally, I would have rather beefed up the Wyatt family with newer members such as perhaps Baron Corbin or call up the members of Sanity to create a dominant force on Smackdown to support and elevate Wyatt even higher as a champion.

Randy Orton vs Luke Harper:
This is a match that was announced within the last 20 minutes of Smackdown (for a PPV that's only had 2 weeks worth of hype). I would love to write more about the possible outcomes of this match, because I truly feel it could be a show stealer. However, there's no way that Orton will eat a pin being the Rumble winner and #1 Contender.

Alexa Bliss vs Naomi:
I see Naomi receiving a good push in this match with some impressive spots and near falls to see how much the crowd will support her. But ultimately, I don't see her winning a title just yet.

Nikki Bella vs Natalya:
I don't have much of a personal investment in this match, which is hopefully their blow off. Nikki coming out victorious is about as predictable as Wyatt winning the Chamber.

Tag Team Turmoil:
I really wish the Revival would have been called up to SmackDown before this. Not that I wanted to see an immediate revisit of American Alpha vs the Revival, but it's better than this train wreck. Regardless, I can see Alpha retaining their titles in the end.

Mickie James vs Becky Lynch:
I feel that Mickie needs a win to cement herself back in the game. However, I feel like a controversial finish is in store to help set up a rematch at WrestleMania.

Dolph Ziggler vs Kalisto & Apollo Crews:
Dolph should be in the same conversation as AJ by now. Unfortunately, he has been Vince McMahon's hackey sack for the past year. I expect Crews and Kalisto to get the upper hand (because, ya know, there's two of them), and Ziggler get the DQ.

Let me know your thoughts!

Reactions: Solidus1

Smg

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Mostly agreed to all. Nice predictions.
If I had to be honest, I agree with you on the Revival one. Albeit, I feel as WWE is saving their debut for the night after Wrestlemania considering they're all but done in NXT.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This seems like the most predictable PPV in quite a while. However, WWE might swerve us with some outcomes at the end of the day.

I pretty much agree with all of your predictions. And while I also think AA will retain, it wouldn't surprise me if The Usos won the titles.

Hopefully AA retain and The Revival shows up after the match and lays them out. But, I think they're saving The Revival's debut for post-Mania shows. Seems like they'll be sticking in NXT for TakeOver: Orlando and then Top Guys will be out finally.

As for 2-on-1 handicap match, I can totally see Ziggler winning clean after a miscue from Crews and Kalisto. But, realistically, Crews and Kalisto will dominate Ziggler (or at least they should since it's two of them) until DZ gets pissed off, grabs a chair and proceeds to get himself DQ'd.

Anyways, looking forward to the PPV.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Really looking forward to the EC Match itself. There being a chance that this could be Bray's night (finally!) is awesome enough.

And I can't imagine what's gonna happen with all those characters in the EC!

Reactions: Smg

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Really looking forward to the EC Match itself. There being a chance that this could be Bray's night (finally!) is awesome enough.

And I can't imagine what's gonna happen with all those characters in the EC!

2014 is gonna be a great year for Bray Wyatt! :bray:

Oh, wait...

Nevertheless, better late than never.

Seriously, though. The EC match has the potential to deliver, just look at the talent involved. So, I, too, am looking forward to the EC.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Pretty much the same thoughts as you, except I have Becky Lynch and Naomi winning.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
It's been a while since my last post so I'll be brief here being most matches have been covered and I pretty much agree with almost everything:

- As much as I would love to see AJ win it and have it be Styles versus Orton at Mania (you can bet the house, wife and car this match will happen and I'm already anticipating the phenomenal forearm countered into an RKO) I too feel Bray will end up winning, thus setting up the title match with Orton at Mania which of course makes sense per storyline...

- Just for the fun of it, I'm predicting Ambrose to be eliminated first, Miz second, Corbin third and AJ fourth, thus leaving a showdown between Bray and Cena...

- No reason for AA to drop the tag belts...

- In Mickie James case, her return obviously added to the woman's division and the idea of course is to have her put the younger talent over. Being, however, this is her first singles match back (and on PPV no less), I feel it makes sense for the heel to go over here, only for the storyline to continue. On the contrary, Niki Bell almost has to win and get her feud with Natalya over and done with, more so if the rumors about the Wrestlemania plans are true; even if false, still it only makes sense that Niki wins...

- No reason for Alexa Bliss to drop the belt either but I do expect a "fuck finish" only so Naomi can remain strong. Perhaps a DQ?

- Mojo versus Curt Hawkins? Like...we give a fuck? I guess Mojo wins...

- Even though Ziggler has got the best of both Apollo Crews and Kalisto in recent weeks, I feel his "dominance" should continue so Ziggler to win...

Enjoy the PPV folks !!!

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
- Just for the fun of it, I'm predicting Ambrose to be eliminated first, Miz second, Corbin third and AJ fourth, thus leaving a showdown between Bray and Cena...

Exactly what I am thinking, and predicted.
Alternatively, Cena is eliminated first.