El Generico to WWE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Great news. Hopefully they keep his name and gimmick intact, and don't make any changes to it, otherwise you'd have to wonder why they singed him in the first place (talking as if this story is true of course).

The guy can do comedy, serious, is an extremely likeable babyface and has a move set that would be sure to get a reaction out of people. If given the right push, he could become extremely popular.

Reaction score
Idk how tied Delirious is to ROH but I think signing him would be an awesome move as well. He would be crazy over.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Good, now Santino and Ryder get another goof to feud with the 3MB.

AF.

Reaction score
Don't see big things for El Generico but I like him and it'll be good to watch him in the WWE.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Him being a comedy character will be both a gift and a curse. This is the same thing I thought with Cabana and it ended up being a curse since WWE didn't understand him so we'll see if it turns out better for Generico.

Reaction score
Interesting signing just to see what they do with the guy hopefully it's just a minor change like a new name or something but close to same character

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Him being a comedy character will be both a gift and a curse. This is the same thing I thought with Cabana and it ended up being a curse since WWE didn't understand him so we'll see if it turns out better for Generico.

It still amazes me that WWE haven't rehired Cabana. They use comedy midcarders a fair bit, with Santino, Hornswoggle and Khali the current examples yet they never took advantage of the popularity of Cabana. Especially with Punk having a bit of say I thought that he would have been able to pull a few strings for him.

Hopefully WWE don't go the same route with Generico that they did with Cabana.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
[video=youtube;rjxnckV6AR4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rjxnckV6AR4[/video]

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
It's cause Punk has said Colt isn't really looking to go back since he's enjoying what he's doing now. He probably wouldn't still get to do his podcast without,WWE tryinh to stick their nose in it.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Plus WWE want the rights for Colt's name and I don't think he's ready to give it to them yet.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
If this guy can get over as a comedy figure, he would ensure future bookings with WWE after he stops being useful in the ring and can generate nostalgia pops after his career is over.

People can roll their eyes at comedic wrestlers all they want, but those are the ones who keep getting call backs to Raw shows and get bigger paydays, then the so-called technical guys who are forgotten as fast as they leave.

Reaction score
It still amazes me that WWE haven't rehired Cabana. They use comedy midcarders a fair bit, with Santino, Hornswoggle and Khali the current examples yet they never took advantage of the popularity of Cabana. Especially with Punk having a bit of say I thought that he would have been able to pull a few strings for him.

Hopefully WWE don't go the same route with Generico that they did with Cabana.
At this point from listening to his podcast I don't think Cabana wants to go back to WWE.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler