Edge vs The Undertaker feud awsome

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Was this feud awsome?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Hell Yeah

• Just one more nothing else

• Total voters

adrenalinegg

Reaction score
These past couple of years there hasn´t been a most amazing feud thata the one between Edge and and The UNdertaker. Let´s review it:

- Edge cashes MITB after Taker is totally down, Edge results as the new WHC
- Taker is out because of his injury
- Edge is injured by Takers brother Kane befor TGAB and has to vacant the title
- Edge returns to screw Taker in Hell in a Cell at Survivor Series 2007
- Edge wins the triple threat match at Armageddon 2007 to win the WHC
- Taker wins the Elimination Chamber at No Way Out 2008 to become the #1 contender for the WHC at Mania XXIV, Edge retains the title against Mysterio at NWO too
- Wrestlemania XXIV markes theire official one on one feud, and what a match these two had, it was worthy of the main event.
- At Backlash 2008 Taker retains the title using the gogoplata.
- The Undertaker is stripped of the title in SD by Edge´s lover GM Vickie Guerrero
- At Judgment Day 2008 Taker wins by count-out but again Vickie screws him by telling him the only way to win th title is by pinfall or submission.
- And finally Edge defeats Taker in a TLC match at ONS 2008, also to "banish" Taker from the WWE.

Vote and give me youre opinion.

1chiban

Reaction score
Not been a bad feud. Never really gave me that big match feel though.

The Rated R CMStar

I loved their rivalry, however, I agree with Ichiban. It was hard to believe the match as a big match. IMO, they only achieved those feelings with their match at Wrestlemania and their last one at One Night Stand.

However, you can't deny that those two had some great matches with each other

NinoBrown

Reaction score
At first when they met at Wrestlemania, it had that big match feel, both undefeated with the World title on the line. But that was like the only match that really made this feud and the recent match (ONS).

Great for Smackdown and Edge but not Undertaker's best.

gamebreaker

Reaction score
Imagination Land! Where hippos laugh, and Pee Wee
I hate this feud.
The only reason why I hated it is because it was the same old match for 5 PPVs Straight!
But the only match I liked from both of them was the TLC match at ONS.
Of course, when Taker returns, the feud is gonna continue :smh

1chiban

Reaction score
To a certain extent there was a big match feel at 'Mania but as always it was predictable that Taker would keep the streak going. What I will say for the ONS match is that it was v. good, and I was surprised that Edge won considering the stip - wonder how they'll wriggle out of it?

C4

I liked the match at WrestleMania 24 with Edge coming over Undertaker and tackling all of his moves, we've never really seen that before and it was interesting to see Edge do it and execute it all so perfectly.

The feud developed in a good way and the Vickie and power alliance thing went good and flowed smoothly as Undertaker was stripped off the Championship, sad to see that there isn't anymore Undertaker for some months but then again this isn't a short term feud. Undertaker is probably going to return and take revenge from both Vickie and Edge :y:

1chiban

Reaction score
I liked the match at WrestleMania 24 with Edge coming over Undertaker and tackling all of his moves, we've never really seen that before and it was interesting to see Edge do it and execute it all so perfectly.

The feud developed in a good way and the Vickie and power alliance thing went good and flowed smoothly as Undertaker was stripped off the Championship, sad to see that there isn't anymore Undertaker for some months but then again this isn't a short term feud. Undertaker is probably going to return and take revenge from both Vickie and Edge :y:

The match was constructed very well, but still it was obvious Taker would win at Mania which removes the big match element. Still good to see a good wrestling match, but lacked suspension of disbelief, even in Kayfabe terms lol

MikeRaw

This rivalry gets a thumbs up for me.
You have to admire how, despite what the Internet said, they kept the feud going, and both guys were still over during the feud in the arena...
That's a hard thing to do, because they had hardly any other main eventers on SD, so they had to stick with these guys, and they managed to keep it interesting IMO...
And overall, it had some classic matches, especially the one at WM, so Id say its good, I just wish it wasn't quite as long, but at least it ended in a great way!

NinoBrown

Reaction score
One thing I noticed about the feud is that it went from Undertaker/Edge to Undertaker/Vickie. Edge was used as a pawn after Backlash if you really think about it, until the last PPV. That's when Edge got back into the feud.

The Rated R CMStar

I agree, especially with the angle they did at Judgment Day, with Vickie laying the announcement and Edge being the one suffering the wrath of Taker thanks to Vickie's actions.

1chiban

Reaction score
Vickie did kinda lead it for a good while.

Oh CMS - check out your BTW request thread, i wanna know what you think of my poster ;)

The Rated R CMStar

In fact, it was funny because it was practically a perfect reverse situation than what happened in the build up for Armageddon, in which Vickie got Tombstoned for the actions of Edge.

PS: Ichiban, I already checked your poster, but for comments about every poster, I will wait until tonight or tomorrow morning to see if I get more entries, if not, then I will do something like what Xtremebadass does, a rank and comments for everyone.

1chiban

Reaction score
I guess they planned it that way. It worked to a certain extent don't get me wrong, but it still didn't make me want to watch Smackdown every week...