Edge- The greatest Superstar in WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Ok, Foley's words last night reminded me of something. There was a time last year, when I was a huge Edge fan... I also thought he was the best in wwe, in terms of the whole package. But like Foley said, the way he has been lately has taken that away...
But anyways, even when he was being pussy Edge, he still showed why he is so great.
This goes for the early Edge, Hardcore Edge and pussy Edge. Throughout his career, his matches have always been well above average. It doesn;t matter if they were hardcore/tlc matches, or normal matches. Anyway you put it, his matches mix brawling and technical wresling perfectly. There aren't many better in the ring than him. Maybe the lower card guys. But for main eventers, I think he is the best in the ring (yes, better than Punk)...

Now, the other thing he has going for him, is his promos. I can truly say, he is the best on the mic in wwe...

All the main eventer's can talk, but Edge is better. he doesn't have to be repetitive, or short, or one dimensional. The only man that rivals his is Triple H, but I think Edge is even better than him, because it's much harder to be a heel than a face.

Let's not forget, Edge literally carries his feuds. Every single one of them over the past year.
With The undertaker feud, Taker was hardly there. Taker was only on tv a few times int he whole feud, yet Edge came out week after week to wrestle, and get heat himself. He also had to do promo's by himself, which is hard, but he still did that, month after month.
With Batista, it was the same. Batista was off on Raw, feuding with Michaels, and then drafted to Raw, so again, for the most part, it was only Edge.
And as much as it pains me to say it, HHH is doing the same now. He is rarely there, so again Edge was carrying the feud, and it looks like his new feud with Taker will be the same.

So Edge s very ccapable of carrying a show, and he has for a longass time.
So, puut your personal bias aside, even if you like someone better, for just in ring skills, or whatever reason, and answer this question...

Do you think Edge is the best all around superstar in wwe today? If not, who is better in each promos and ring skills>?

chessarmy

Great thread,

as for your question at the end there, I don't think Edge is the best wrestler/performer in the WWE. And its not because of a bias towards someone else, its just because he isn't. You bring up some very very good points though, about how Edge carried feuds and I have to agree with you on all of them. Edge is a phenomenal worker, he can talk, he can wrestle, he is the total package. But he isn't the best worker in the WWE. Imo, the only person who is better is the Heart Break Kid, The show Stoppa, the Icon, the main event, Mr. Wrestlemania himself, Shawn Michaels! HBK is easily the best worker on the WWE roster, he can cut awesome promos, and he is amazing in the ring, especially for someone his age. Shawn is a living legend, an icon in this business, once he decides to hang up the boots though, then Edge can be regarded as the best all around worker in the WWE. But until then, HBK will remain the best wrestler in the WWE

S.P.Q.R.

Reaction score
The only thing I would disagree with is that I think it's MUCH harder being a babyface on the mic. Heels have the freedom to do and say pretty much what they want. Babyfaces have to stay between the lines, as it were.

Otherwise, yeah....Edge is the fuckin man.

Vandy316

Reaction score
what about Jericho. he has proven himself in the ring as a good Cruiserweight and Technical wrestler. Hes been both heel and face throughout his career. He was a great comedic heel early in his career. a good babyface at points. and now he is doing an evil heel gimmick. he basically carried the Shawn feud by himself, not as much as Edge but he still did. i think that Edge will have to wait until Shawn and Chris hang up their boots for good to be considered the best all-around performer.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
HBK and Jericho are still better. Heel, face they both are amazing at it. Edge can't do face, he gets annoying fast. Edge is the best thing on SD! right now though.

Don't know if I'm the only one that thinks this but are Edge and Christian equals? They're both amazing on the mic, wrestling is above average (nothing really spectacular) and some of their feuds are the best in years. Just wanted to put that out there.

Enigma22

Reaction score
ya i gotta say hbk and y2j and hhh are all better in ring and atleast as good on the mic as edge if not better imo. edge is great and i think hes gonna keep getting better and better especially after hhh and hbk are retired. he will be where hhh is now i think when hhh is gone.

Vandy316

Reaction score
HBK and Jericho are still better. Heel, face they both are amazing at it. Edge can't do face, he gets annoying fast. Edge is the best thing on SD! right now though.

Don't know if I'm the only one that thinks this but are Edge and Christian equals? They're both amazing on the mic, wrestling is above average (nothing really spectacular) and some of their feuds are the best in years. Just wanted to put that out there.

ive always thought that Christian was just as good as Edge and still think he is. And I wonder if Christian wouldve stayed, would TNA be where it is now?

Enigma22

Reaction score
ive always thought edge was a lot better then christian a lot cause he has a better look and i think edge is better in ring. they are about the same on the mic although edge might be a little better...

kingovkings

Reaction score
Yeah i agree with most of the points you said. Edge is the total package and i love edge and always have liked him. But i will say HBK, HHH are still above him, But i think that Edge is a main player and will take over from HHH and Michael's when they retire. The thing i love about Edge is his ability to carry shows and feuds on his own. He is a really hard worker and very entertaining. Although IMO he struggles as a face and he gets very boring and annoying quickly but as a heel he rules he should never go face and always stay heel :)

Klide

being the edge fan iam I should say that he is but I say that he's not but he is some where around there I think that undertaker is but if edge beats taker at summer slam this could change in a heartbeat.

Reaction score
No, Undertaker IMO is no where near the top as an entertainer even if he beats Edge in SS.. He has the same old boring gimmick, which is getting annoying and he has nothing on the mic.

As for HBK, right now I would put Edge over him but HBK isn’t as good as he use to be.

Jericho I think is the only one better then Edge on the mic but I would put Edge over In ring.

The only one who might be over Edge right now is HHH but once again that is likely to change in the near future.

Look at it this way.. take any top superstar from Raw and replace them with Edge and I guarantee that none of them can pull off what Edge does.

Ed_cena

Reaction score
Edge is smack down, the whole show is edge, btw jericho isnt better than edge, edge is 5 times champ, jericho only one or two, jericho is just one more guy on the roster, edge is the best heel in wwe by far.

Moonlight Drive

I agree with Chess. Shawn is what, 45 and still performing like he did during his first WWF Championship run.

Edge is the future, in a few years he will be in a similiar position to HBK/Taker right now. He cuts an awesome promo, and is great in the ring. Bring back old school malicious Edge and he could carry Smackdown! easily

Ed, championships don't mean shit

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
and Edge can basically get any kind of reaction he wants, he has the crowd in the palm of his hand whenever he's on the mic or wrestling. I don't think that anyone else in WWE can do this. Sure, you can say Jericho, but he's still getting positive reactions with the crowd. The last time I saw major Edge anti-hate was at the Rumble when he faced Mysterio, but it's understandable.

CenaMark54

Greatest Superstar? Probably not.

Greatest Heel? Most definitely.

In terms of value to the company right now, he is probably second to Cena. He is way more valuable than HBK, Orton Jericho, Batista, Taker, or even HHH at this point.

Him and Cena are probably the two guys who would be hardest to replace. A heel like Edge can't be created overnight. You can put Edge with any face, and the face would get over with the fans because of their hatred towards Edge. In the ring and on the mic, he does everything that is required of a good heel perfectly.

Edge is the only heel, at this point, who can be trusted to work a main event feud where the focus is on him. They didn't trust Orton with this, the focus was always on multiple faces. They sure as hell aren't trusting JBL with this. His impending feud with Punk is going to be overshadowed by Batista vs Cena.