EDGE INJURY UPDATE, THE WWE HALL OF FAMER WHO HAS NEVER WRESTLED AT WRESTLEMANIA (ALT

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Weebo

Reaction score
Source: PW INSIDER

Jim Ross penned a new blog entry today, discussing a number of different topics. You can read the complete blog at www.jrsbarbq.com. Highlights included:

Edge: Received a nice text from Edge during the holidays from his mountain retreat in the Carolinas and it is my understanding that Edge is still questionable as it relates to him being physically ready to compete at WM26. I do understand that Edge is healing well from Achilles tendon surgery but it has always been a photo finish as to whether or not Edge will be able to wrestle at the end of March. I hope so and would hope that it would be Edge vs. Jericho. I'm certainly not counting Edge out of WM26 but Mother Nature has more to say about this matter than any one else. Edge returning prematurely and not being 100% would make no sense.

Lawler at Wrestlemania: "Spoke with Jerry Lawler Tuesday night and he and I are brainstorming about King doing a cartoon/caricature of he and I and then us producing a limited number of lithographs and each of us signing them. This could be another unique and very affordable item that we would be adding to the on line store in a few months. It was cool that Bret singled out Jerry Monday night regarding the 1993 King of the Ring held in Dayton where yours handled the play by play. I wouldn't mind seeing a reprise of Hitman vs. the King some day but I won't hold my breathe on that match ever being made. I do think that Jerry Lawler should be in a match at Wrestlemania 26 for the first time in his career. "

Ross also noted that the Steve Austin film "Damage" will go direct to DVD in March, which could mean Austin might appear for WWE to promote the film.

To read the complete blog, visit www.jrsbarbq.com.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
I think it's obvious Edge will wrestle Jericho if healthy by WM but with the recents goings on in this company something tells me that they will in fact screw it up. Had Edge not got injured I still think they would have screwed it up. I've learned not to get overly anticipated for a match/feud because something will always happen to mess it up even with two world class workers like Jericho and Edge. Upon Edge's return they should really just give both of them live mics, no scripts, and let them do this thing on their own. I know it will come out better than anything they can book.

And does anybody find it suspicious that this may just be a cover up by JR just to make an Edge RR return a surprise?

wwe_fanatic

Reaction score
I was wondering to myself why Jericho lost on RAW. He's better with Show but then I remembered this Edge storyline so I guess this is will give him someone to work with on SD. I hope they don't keep him on RAW and continue this DX fued :?

Reaction score
And does anybody find it suspicious that this may just be a cover up by JR just to make an Edge RR return a surprise?

Actually, I think that makes a great point. I mean JR's blogs are probably some of the most trusted when it comes to WWE. Since thousands of people follow what he says, and even more so thousands of people post it on forums for milions to see, I wouldn't be surprised if Edge came back and eliminated Jericho last to win the rumble. Or at least showed up and fucked it up for Jericho, causing John Morrison to eliminate him and win. But that's just a fantasy.

As for Edge returning, whenever he does, I don't care when he returns as long as he is 100%. His tendon injury was serious, so rushing it just to possibly tear it again wouldn't be the smartest thing to do in his case. Just look at freakin Candice Michelle. Came back from the Clavicle injury too early, and fucked it up even worse than the first time. Just take ya time Edge, if you don't make it in time for Wrestlemania, there is always Summerslam.

EDIT: If he DOES return in time for even the rumble, there are HUNDREDS of storyline opportunities...too bad WWE Creative wouldn't be smart enough to notice any of them -_-