Edge and Chris Jericho, your new Undisputed Tag Team Champions!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Evil Austin

if I am not mistaken, Edge is now a 13 time tag team champion, is this the record much like Jericho has the record standing at 9 for the most Intercontinental championships held?

CenaMark54

From what I read it was a great show.

Really? Jericho vs Rey was top-notch. The rest of the show was average.

I'd actually say below average. Khali/Ziggler and Cena/Miz were like free tv matches and HHH/Orton was a typically average HHH/Orton PPV match. I liked the booking in the Punk/Hardy match though. Punk as a heel is going to pretty much own.

Its about time to start another Cena/Orton program. Cena is in limbo now and HHH is doing nothing for Orton. At least Cena and Orton have some chemistry and can put on some good matches.

Miz should be in the IC title hunt, not jobbing to top stars. Although, just being in a short program with Cena helped him tremendously.

Soulpower

Miz should be in the IC title hunt, not jobbing to top stars. Although, just being in a short program with Cena helped him tremendously.

Agreed... Sort of. Everything was good up until last night's match (And to a lesser extent, Cena's promo on Monday). Look, I wasn't expecting Miz to win the match, but I was hoping that he would at least get some more offense in. Instead, we had Cena no-selling a nice part of Miz's offense, and then beating him in a match that wasn't longer than 5 minutes. Maybe the show was running long, or maybe there was a change of plans, but I just feel like they could have done more with Miz in that match.

noumenon

I think they're simply using this as a way to get Pricless over. Beating the Colons would honestly do nothing to make them look any better than they already do...which isn't too great. Beating Jericho AND Edge...that'll look incredible.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I love the fact that Edge/Jericho are tag champs. It's good for the tag division it's good for all 3 brands as they will hop around probs more so SD and Raw most of the time but even so it's all good. They can put over younger up and coming tag talent. IMO it all gud stuff them being tag champs. As of last night i see the first glimpses of Legacy start the slow break down. And Ted will start to go his own way in time to turn face for his DVD breaking. Shame i expected more for the stable that has actually happened. They may get a run with the titles, But i wouldn't be surprised if they dont. Anyhoo buzzing with the Jericho/Edge team at the moment.

chessarmy

Agreed... Sort of. Everything was good up until last night's match (And to a lesser extent, Cena's promo on Monday). Look, I wasn't expecting Miz to win the match, but I was hoping that he would at least get some more offense in. Instead, we had Cena no-selling a nice part of Miz's offense, and then beating him in a match that wasn't longer than 5 minutes. Maybe the show was running long, or maybe there was a change of plans, but I just feel like they could have done more with Miz in that match.

Miz basically got buried, they could have had a DQ finish or at least like you said, let Miz get some offense in. The booking team better do a damn good job of restoring Miz's credibility after that shit

Qwake

Why is there talk of this Miz in this Jericho and Edge thread?

Anyways, I am so excited with them as the champs now, this will definitely make for some great promos on SD, some good tag matches with the two and also it will most likely end in with them feuding so there is alot of good that can come from this.

Also, next PPV is Night of Champions so they're gonna be defending but against who? You'd think Mysterio would face them but he will have to defend his own title, Punk will be facing Jeff again with his title on the line so who will face Jericho and Edge? Could be the Colons, it would be an alright match but they aren't in their league tbh. Should be interesting to see who they go with. (Haven't seen RAW so if theyve already done something then my bad).

NinoBrown

Reaction score
It's kinda hard for Edge just to be lost in the shuffle so he had to hold gold sometime soon. This is pretty bad. The tag division and the state of Legacy. They're back to consoling Orton like a sexless marriage... again, how can they be seen as a legit stable if they can't even gain gold? I'd prefer Edge in a mid card feud to switch things up but he was champion 5 times within 8 months.

WWE needs more tag teams instead of two single stars paired up.

The Rated R CMStar

I predict they might do Legacy vs Rated Y2J. That, or they will have John Morrison and X wrestler team up to battle them.

Evil Austin

I hope they don't bring back John Morrison adn the Miz again, they were good as single guys. But seeing as it is interbrand it is now a possibility.

The Rated R CMStar

Nah, I don't mean The Miz, after all, not only they have the brand separation thing against them, but one is a face and the other is a heel.

But maybe a MVP/John Morrison tandem.

Airfixx

Shame Tiffany didn't appear and add the Hart's to the match too... The outcome became a bit too predictabhle having Edge (of all people!) & Jericho as the wild cards.

Upside...

1. Gives Jericho & Edge something to do whilst Jeff & Punk fued.
2. Assuming HHH & Orton are still going at it, ditto Cena & MVP having some upper card talent to fued with.
3. Makes a bit of extra star power available to Raw.
4. Potentially sets up a future Edge/Jericho fued.

Downside...

2. Poor Colons... Rematch; then what?

Re: Priceless.... Can't see the point in them carrying the tag titles if they're soon to embark on the whole 'inner tensions' angle with Orton. As for them getting an eventual rub from Edge/Y2j... Beating Cena & Batista last year didn't have any real long lasting effects and they were top babyfaces.

tnafan454

Reaction score
now this i don't understand why are they teaming edge and jericho when there are no other tag teams to fued with. all thats left is cryme tyme ( not even close to title worthy) and carlito and primo (but it looks like there going to split soon). personally i find the unified titles and the whole wwe tag team division a disgrace every time there is a popular tag team( londrick, miz/morrison) they end up spliting them both up in a draft and one will always go to waste.

The Rated R CMStar

Lol, London and Kendrick lasted 2 years and Mizorrison lasted the same. You can't expect WWE to keep guys that they want to push as singles (even if theit push only last 3 months, like TBK) to keep them in a tag team dreading.

Anyways, I dont see Cena/X wrestler challenging for the belts, because I see at Night of Champions HHH vs Cena vs Orton

King Of Kings

Reaction score
It sucks so bad that the tag team dident last with edge getting hurt.