ECW "The New Breed part III"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

The past few weeks the WWE finally realized the lack of depth on the ecw brand, even though i thought it was very clear after the lackluster draft. With Morrision out, and Corvon released ECW could use a boost. They could either get rid of the ecw brand, and use it as a wwe show to the Xtreme! Or they could just shuffle the roster. I really think a roster shake up is the easiest way to go. If they added a couple guys/dropped a couple ECW could be the best brand, product wise.

Anyways, here is my list of 15 realistic candidates to ECW (wrestlers)

1) CM Punk

The franchise guy right now, and currently there is no room for him a room, so he should stay and grow in ECW.

2) Jeff Hardy

The Vet, The extreme one. He will likely be another leader of the Brand.

3) Kevin Thorn

A Top heel

4) Tommy Dreamer

You gotta have TOmmy in Ecw, but his role will be reduced to more of a part time guy.

5) Morrision

I didnt want to take morrision back, but there needs to be a talker.

6) Chavo Guerrero

A guy that could be a main eventer in ECW. Has what it takes, but has been held down. His time on SD could be running low as he's been there for a while now.

7) Super Crazy

Another guy that could help the 3rd generation of ECW.

8) Paul Burchill

Would use him in a role similar to big daddy V.

9) Charlie Haas

Why not, Shelton appears to be moving in another direction

=================================
Low Card
10) Val Venis

Whats more hardcore than a money shot?

11) Balls

12) Matt Sydal

Could have several great matches with the new cruisers in ECW.

13) Atlas Dabone

new blood

14) Jacob Duncan

fresh faces

15) Matt Striker

ADDING

J.Hardy
Chavo
Super Crazy
Burchill
Haas
Divari
Sydal
Duncan
Dabone

Losing

Burke to Raw
V to SD
Boogie To SD again
MIZ to raw
Richards to SD
Knox to SD
Nunzio to Raw

Again, nothing too major going on here. No huge names, not the biggest guys the wwe has on development deals (Colt, Hart, Smith, Dibiase Jr. ) Simple entertaining wrestlers.

Top 3 faces: Punk, Hardy, Dreamer

TOP 3 Heels : Thorn, Morrision, Chavo

Duo's Thorn + Duncan

Punk + Hardy

Dreamer + Balls

Sydal + Morrision

Haas + Striker

Stable: Morrison, Sydal, Val Venis

------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think? Could this work? Too many new faces? Not enough guys that can work the stick?

Great One

Go fucking get a job as a WWE booker, please. =(

Yes, I agree with everything you said, hopefully at least some will happen in this so called revamp of the roster WWE has planned.

the dark knight

i only disagree with 2 things:

Montana said:
ADDING
Super Crazy
please no...that guy should be hanged.

and:
Montana said:
Losing
Boogie To SD again
cant, wont happen + smackdown already has a lot of freaks.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
Agree with most of decisions...

Finnaly somebody agrees that Burchill should go to ECW as a Heel!

The only 1 that has a written storyline is Chavo, afterall he did lose an I Quit match & could very well be moved to tuesday night!

3lions

Reaction score
I agree with pretty much all your addition to the ECW roster, but the Brand's you move some of the other's to is baffling. Why would Nunzio go to Raw? The CW title is on SD!. I'd also keep Richards on ECW, as he is an original and is the ultimate underdog for the Brand.

I agree that Jeff Hardy should be moved to ECW. He is a perfect fit for the brand and it could provide him with the perfect opportunity to win a 'World' title. A potential Jeff/Punk feud would also be amazing. Super Crazy should have been on ECW from day one and it was stupid to trade him to Raw. Another ECW Original. I also agree with your statements about Thorn/Chavo. They can be the top heels on the brand (along with Morrison) and could provide some great heat for the show.

Over-all, I like your choices, even though the Brand would be missing a 'monster' (Burchill COULD fill that role, but I have my doubts). It will be very iteresting to see how WWE shake's up the ECW roster, especially as the Draft was only recently.

MikeRaw

I agree with this and Im still shocked that ECW doesnt have guys like Jeff, Super Crazy and such, seeing as they are extreme lol. Although as we know, its impossible for this to all happen cause it wouldnt make sense for them to shift over all of a sudden and I doubt we will have another draft soon.
But if it were like that it'd be good. But I disagree with Miz and Nunzio leaving, Nunzio should say and get some matches and miz can keep with Extreme Expose or whatever.Good picks though:)

phantomgerald

I would just move some cruisers from Raw and SD there. Imagine if ECW had Mysterio and Hardy. Their ratings will shoot sky high for sure. Seeing that their main contenders like Burke, Morrison and Punk are all rather smallish. And yeah throw in a few newcomers and ECW would actually look good.

Also Montana, why would you move Burke to Raw? He would be lost in the shuffle if he went there.

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
I agree with you switching up the roster. That would be a smart thing for the WWE to do. They should either move all the cruiserweights to ECW and let them get Extreme about it...maybe bring back the hardcore title....or move the tag teams over there and unite the tag team titles. Neither of those divisions are being used to an advantage on Raw or SD. I like your choices as well. Either way would make for a better ECW.

Montana

I agree with pretty much all your addition to the ECW roster, but the Brand's you move some of the other's to is baffling. Why would Nunzio go to Raw? The CW title is on SD!. I'd also keep Richards on ECW, as he is an original and is the ultimate underdog for the Brand.

I agree that Jeff Hardy should be moved to ECW. He is a perfect fit for the brand and it could provide him with the perfect opportunity to win a 'World' title. A potential Jeff/Punk feud would also be amazing. Super Crazy should have been on ECW from day one and it was stupid to trade him to Raw. Another ECW Original. I also agree with your statements about Thorn/Chavo. They can be the top heels on the brand (along with Morrison) and could provide some great heat for the show.

Over-all, I like your choices, even though the Brand would be missing a 'monster' (Burchill COULD fill that role, but I have my doubts). It will be very iteresting to see how WWE shake's up the ECW roster, especially as the Draft was only recently.

Well, for the departchures from ECW, i really didnt spend much time thinking about what would be best. I guess i thought nunzio could be a small time raw jobber. Or even start a stable or be a manager. And for Stevie, he would have been my 16th choice for sure, he was on and off the list. I thought Balls was more ECW than Stevie, and i also thought adding the new faces of Burchill, Sydal, Jacobs, and Dabone were very important. I also forget to mention that Burchill would be the monster, as my reasoning i said he would fill Big Daddy V's role. Matt Striker made the last spot due to his mic skills as well. As i felt another talker in ecw wouldnt hurt.

As for my theory of Burke to raw, would be to compete on the new Raw IC Division. Burke/ Shelton/ Rhodes / Carlito/ Umaga/ Marella / Lashley.

Reaction score
some great choices....and I agree with pretty much everything you say......I also like your IC division for Raw

OrtonIsGod

Reaction score
It would be awesome to see Jeff Hardy on ECW, but he's one of the most popular superstars in the WWE. It really wouldn't make a lot of sense for him to move from RAW to ECW when that is viewed as the "C" show. Obviously, none of us would think it's a demotion and a feud between him and Punk would be classic. Other than Hardy, I think all of the other moves could be very likely to occur.

vickymania

Reaction score
i have been sayin this long now that ECW needs a change..there's no quality in the roster right now apart from 3-4 guys..why bring back ECW if WWE wanted to sideline it this way..i dont understand,its supposed to be a WWE show and it hardly gets any TV ratings ( Decent Ones!)

but i do agree that Jeff Hardy and Chavo Guerrero will be good add-ons for the ECW roster and why not have Bobby Lashley in ECW again after he returns from Injury or whatever..