• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Gurricane

End of Heartache
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
alexshelly
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
americanwolves
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
TOPs7YZ.png

ECW CHAMPION

YUKE4l1.png

!~NEW~! Christian (2) defeated Tommy Dreamer; Night of Champions (July 26th 2009 - current)

ROSTER
Abraham Washington ---> Host of The Abraham Washington Show --- > Co-Hosted with Tony Atlas
Caylen Croft ---> The Dudebusters
Chavo Guerrero Jr.
Curt Hawkins

Christian ----> ECW Champion
Ezekiel Jackson --- > Ruthless Roundtable
Goldust
Kung Fu Naki
Lance Cade
Skip Sheffield

Paul Burchill ---- > Managed by Katie Lea Burchill
Shelton Benjamin
The Hurricane
Tiffany
----> General Manager
Trent Barreta --- The Dudebusters
Tyler Reks
Vance Archer
Vladimir Kozlov --- > Ruthless Roundtable
William Regal --- > Ruthless Roundtable

Yoshi Tatsu
Zack Ryder ----> Managed by Rosa Mendes

EVENTS
ECW on SyFy; January 12th, 2010
ECW on SyFy; January 19th, 2010
ECW on SyFy; January 26th, 2010 [NEXT]

Last edited:

Finishline

Drop the Mike
Reaction score
Website
open.spotify.com
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I remember us talking about this in the discord!

Smaller rosters are always easier to work with and help develop characters. Excited to see you work your magic with the WWECW brand!

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

The Gurricane

End of Heartache
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
alexshelly
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
americanwolves
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
dvAYD4O.png

Over the weekend, WWE has learned that current ECW General Manager, Tiffany, is planning to shift things in a different direction this year in preperation for WrestleMania 26. WWE Online has gotten an exclusive scoop from the show runner of Tuesday Nights.
"Now that we're through with the New Years, it's time ECW got serious. I love what RAW and SmackDown are able to produce week after week, but I also think it's time for ECW to be up there like I know we can be. That's why this Tuesday, I'll be addressing the ECW fans with an honest heart, and what I intend to do to make sure we get more eyes on us."

While talking about ECW, it's hard not to discuss the ECW Champion, Christian. Christian has been on a role lately, and many fans speculate if there's much left for him to do. He's ran through the entire roster and looks unstoppable on his way. Eight men look to put themselves up to the challenge however, as the Homecoming Finale takes place in a Battle Royal, in Fayetteville, North Carolina.

BzsLaML.jpg
DPXrnGK.jpg
zKvdo0c.jpg
GaM3W5N.jpg

SRjv9R2.jpg
xoBfYAV.jpg
KalOhG6.jpg
GUkWSZf.jpg

Matt Hardy, Ezekiel Jackson, CM Punk, Evan Bourne, Kane, Vance Archer, Yoshi Tatsu, and Shelton Benjamin all look to become the #1 Contender, as the prize at the end of this journey is a shot at the ECW Title at the Royal Rumble. Critics wonder though, with only three weeks until the Royal Rumble, could the champion be at a disadvantage with less time to prepare for a title defense? Find out on SyFy on January 12th too see who comes out on top! Bookmark WWE Online today for all of your updates and news on WWE and it's weekly programming!
- Gregory Helms, Ace Reporter

The Gurricane

End of Heartache
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
alexshelly
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
americanwolves
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
"HOMECOMING"
hxrvzFF.png

.::ECW on SyFy | 1/12/10 | Fayetteville, North Carolina::.

“Don't Question My Heart” kicks in on SyFy as the opening signature of the show features ECW Champion, Christian, Shelton Benjamin, Zack Ryder, and Yoshi Tatsu, alongside small clips of the rest of the roster. The camera pans out as a set of explosions go off on the stage, shooting multiple shades of pyro color, before only smoke descends from the air. At ringside behind the commentary table, we see the new, inexperienced pairing of Josh Matthews and Byron Saxton, who do their usual shtick by listing out tonight's show. Josh brings up that it's time for the WWE to look towards the future, as the engine is revving, and the tires are moving at turbo speed towards the Road to WrestleMania.

[ - BRYON SAXTON - ] “While RAW and SmackDown are fully set on putting on legendary competition between their best superstars, ECW is looking to do the same. But for now, our focus is towards the Royal Rumble. Fans have been in full support of Christian as ECW Champion, but I've gotta ask... is there anyone else for Captain Charisma to face?

He had a point, as Christian has went through damn near the entire ECW Roster. Matthews puts his finger up to his ear piece, taking a moment to nod and relay the information he just heard.

[ - JOSH MATTHEWS - ] “Well folks, we find out tonight as eight men compete to be the number one contender to the ECW Championship, but coming straight from our producers, ECW General Manager Tiffany will address the crowd here in Fayetteville tonight! Talk about an exciting night! Now let's take it to ringside and kick off ECW on SyFy with some action!”

Time to Ryder or Riot now, as Zack Ryder struts on out with Rosa Mendes wrapped around that TONED bicep of his. Below his shades lies a cheshire cat like grin. A kiss on the cheek from Rosa for good luck and the Long Island Iced Z shoots up the double L's, for all of the losers here in Fayetteville. He shoots up the apron and to the post, showing the goods too the women that love him, and the fat suckers that hate him.

"STAND IN THE BACK!"
"THERE'S A HURRICANE COMIN' THROUGH!"

The Hurricane swoops in from the back and looks out towards the fans, looking out towards the fans and leaping down the ramp, cape 'n' all. He glad hands the crowd, who clearly favors this green gladiator. He slides in the ring, and Ryder wastes no time throwing off his shades and glasses to try and teach The Hurricane some manners.

N0lQLg9.jpg
- VS -
JvPgkR3.jpg

Singles Match

The two competitors start off with a snug collar and elbow, and The Hurricane quickly gains control with some technical prowress before tossing Ryder with a hip toss. He poses with his fists on his hips, but Ryder quickly recovers and snaps him to the mat with a head slam. Ryder mounts The Hurricane and lays some fists in only for the referee to back him up. Hurricane stands up and runs at Ryder, but he picks him up and uses his momentum against him to stun gun him throat first onto the top rope! Dastardly! Ryder gets a warning from the ref who has his back turned as Rosa Mendes pulls Hurricane's head downwards, choking him with the rope. The crowd are hoping for a rebound! Ryder puts the boots to him and his a body slam before going up top. He shouts "WOO! WOO! WOO!" with the fist in the air, leaping up for an Elbro Drop! Hurricane rolls out of the way quickly! Ryder tries to take advantage but Hurricane hits him with a pair of clotheslines before catching a punch attempt, locks Ryder's arms, and hits Nightmare on Helms Street! Cover attempt by The Hurricane! He nearly pulls the win out of his cape, but Ryder throws his shoulder up!

The Hurricane flips his hair out of his face and stands up, calling Ryder up for the end! He's poised, runs at a full sprint, and throws the knee for a Shining Wizard! But NO! Ryder catches the leg with his arm and has Hurricane hoping on one foot! The Hurricane pulls off a flip as Ryder throws the leg up! He sticks it, but regrets it as Ryder kicks him in the gut and hits a reverse overdrive, cracking the back of The Hurricane's head with his knee, otherwise known as The Zack Attack! Ryder rolls Hurricane into the middle of the ring and assists him to stand up. He runs backwards and comes at The Hurricane, leaping up and coming down with Radio Silence! He clutches the leg of Hurricane for the cover and gets the pin!

Winner in 2:34 - Zack Ryder

Zack Ryder rolls off of The Hurricane and looks proud of his work as the referee raises his hand. Rosa Mendes bounces up and down for joy before entering the ring, giving Zack a mic. The crowd hurl insults and groan in anger.

[ - ZACK RYDER - ] “Look at that... first, I got rid of that fat, arrogant, no good piece of crap, Tommy Dreamer a few weeks ago...”

The boos get louder, and Ryder looks over and points at The Hurricane.

[ - ZACK RYDER - ] “...And now, I just beat the green out of this loser, one of ECW's "favorites". Well you know what ECW? All of your favorites SUCK! You should be thanking me for cleaning out this toilet bowl of a brand! I heard our General Manager is making some kinda announcement tonight... and to be honest? If it doesn't revolve around me bro, then it's not worth hearing!!”

Ryder spits a loogie at the mat as Rosa cackles like a hyena, leaning on Zack's arm. The crowd is already off too a hot start, and their frustration is only strengthened as Zack is silent for a moment, collecting his thoughts.

[ - ZACK RYDER - ] “Ever since I made Tommy Dreamer leave ECW... I've been wondering, what's next for me? What does the future hold for The Long Island Iced Z? And the answer's pretty damn simple. "

Ryder looks proud of his handywork as Mendes assists him out of the ring, and The Hurricane is seeing the stars he usually flies towards. Ryder, still with the microphone in hand, looks at the apron that reads "ECW", and points at it. ECW on SyFy rolls on after a few words from our sponsors.

[ - ZACK RYDER - ] “The answer is to keep doing what I've been doing, I'm going to make this show all about me. There isn't a single ECW original on this show... I am the meteor that took out ECW's final dinosaur! I will be the face of ECW!"

A close in shot to the face of Ryder, who smirks an evil grin.

[ - ZACK RYDER - ] “Woo! Woo! Woo!... you know it. "

ECW rolls on after a few short messages from our sponsors.

XCq4LTA.png

2GeYB6m.jpg

A RAW, SmackDown, and ECW Pay-Per-View
January 31st, at the Phillips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia

XCq4LTA.png

ECW on SyFy continues with a fading shot of a door, labeled "The Ruthless Roundtable". Inside, we see a very game and determined Ezekiel Jackson doing push ups, warming up for his match later tonight. Two pairs of boots appear in front of him, and he stands up to be met with William Regal, and Vladimir Kozlov. The group hasn't been on the best of terms lately, and Jackson could feel Regal's judgement from his glare.

[ - WILLIAM REGAL - ] “Tonight, Ezekiel, is a big night. Not just for you, not just for ECW... but for the three of us. Tonight, you have the opportunity to punch your proverbial "ticket" towards a match with Christian for the one prize we've sought after for far too long now."

Jackson snorts air from his nose like a bull as Regal takes a pause between his words.

[ - WILLIAM REGAL - ] “Our vision of our own "Camelot" is incomplete without King Arthur's sword, which in this situation, is the ECW Championship. At every turn, Christian as foiled our plans. He has been the barrier between us, and glory. I am sick of it, and tonight, you will provide our aliment by throwing several other men over the top rope. You are our knight in shining armor, Ezekiel."

Regal looks to Kozlov.

[ - WILLIAM REGAL - ] “Which is why Kozlov and I will not be at ringside tonight. We are putting our faith into you. We are trusting that you have the ability to dominate tonight."

Kozlov and Regal begin to exit the room, but without turning his head, Regal speaks.

[ - WILLIAM REGAL - ] “Do not misplace our trust tonight."

The door shuts, and Ezekiel contemplates what he's heard with an irritated expression before letting out a loud scoff, before going back to his workout routine.

XCq4LTA.png

"Opportunist."
"Manipulator."
"Mastermind."
"Ever since I stepped foot in the WWE, I was mentored by the one man who was defined by these three words."
TAokGxt.png

"Edge."
"I studied him. I idolized him. I trained myself to be just like him. I dressed up as him for crying out loud."
"And just like that, he forgot about me. He forgot about a pawn in his grand war against the WWE."
"Well you know what? Screw that, and SCREW him."
"It's about time to show ECW that I have what it takes to be the next opportunist."
"To be the next manipulator."
"To be the next mastermind."
K3MMcMC.png

::CURT HAWKINS COMES TO ECW::

~SOON~

XCq4LTA.png

"OoOoOoOo ChAvOoOoOo~"

A very game Chavo Guerrero Jr. flaunts his stuff as ECW fades into the arena, the crowd feeling very indfiferent about the luchador with such a legendary family name. He's unbothered and focused as he rolls into the ring and spreads his arms, only for the screen to go to gold.

The atmosphere changes as the crowd rally behind the exotic Goldust who sports his gold wig and robe. He seductively passes his body through the middle and top rope and unrobes, showing Chavo the body he's about to grapple.

rfsJGQh.jpg
- VS -
Zv080N1.jpg

Singles Match

The bell sounds and both men go for a grapple. Chavo tries early on to get the advantage with a takedown, but the bigger Goldust is able to quickly uppercut him in the jaw. Chavo replies with a few european style uppercuts and backs Goldust into the corner. He runs at The Bizzare One and is back body dropped feet first on the apron! Chavo is standing and forearm strikes Goldust. Goldust stumbles towards the center of the ring as Chavo climbs up the top rope and leaps at him with a double axe handle that lands! Quick cover attempt by Chavo, but Goldust is able to kickout. Chavo chooses to keep to a basic approach and lock in a headlock, the paint of Goldust smearing into his forearm and the mat. Goldust tries to stand and gets to a knee before Chavo punches him in the head and reapplies the pressure. Chavo tries to keep his balance but Goldust shoves him into the ropes. Chavo comes at him for an attack, but Goldust picks him up and drops him with an atomic drop! Chavo feels that one as he bends over, and Goldust lays flat on his back before hitting his signature uppercut!

Chavo reels backwards now as Goldust lays into him with some strikes, one by one backing Chavo into the corner. He grabs Chavo's leg and tries setting it on the middle rope for Shattered Dreams, but Chavo takes the point of his elbow and nails Goldust in the head with it multiple times to back him off. The story of this match thusfar has been an attack to the head of Goldust, and Chavo is about to the write the finale of it as he climbs up the second rope and hits a dropkick to the face of Goldust! Goldust is in bad shape as he crumbles backwards. Chavo smiles as he showboats, kicking the head of Goldust with little effort, before picking him up and suplexing him. He holds onto the suplex, rotates his hips, and goes for a second suplex. He gets up, looking to complete the Three Amigos! But Goldust reverses it with a suplex of his own!

The crowd are cheering Goldust on as he nods along, trying to unscramble his brains. Chavo is up first and hits Goldust with some punches, but Goldust blocks one and starts to comeback! He irish whips Chavo into the ropes and looks for something, but Chavo slides underneath his feet and dropkicks Goldust in the chest! Goldust falls but tries to stand. Chavo runs the oppisite ropes looking for a clothesline, but Goldust picks him and slams him down HARD with a spinebuster! Goldust is feeling it as he zips down his bodysuit and beats his chest! He picks up Chavo and puts him in a suplex clutch! FINAL CUT! ... IT'S REVERSED! Chavo slips behind him and rolls up Goldust for a pin! It only gets a two as Chavo is shoved off, but as Goldust stands up, Chavo hooks his arm around Goldust's head and hits him with a BRAINBSUTER! He pins Goldust for the three!

Winner at 5:43 - Chavo Guerrero Jr.
The referee raises Chavo's hand in the air as the crowd dons him with boos and insults, but he's unphased, showing ECW and it's crowd that he's still on top of his game. Commentary dons the question, is Chavo Guerrero good enough to compete in a higher division? Is Chavo overlooked? For now, he celebrates a win over Goldust, who is slumped in the corner looking defeated.
XCq4LTA.png
[ - CHRISTIAN - ] “C'mon, you won't even tell your champion what you have planned?"

After a few commercials, ECW comes back to join Christian, who wears the ECW Championship over his shoulder. He looks confident and calm as standing in front of him is ECW General Manager, Tiffany. The two are all smiles in the back.

[ - TIFFANY - ] “Not even you are ready for what I'm going to announce Christian."

[ - CHRISTIAN - ] “What's the point of being champ if I don't get the inside scoop?"

The pair chuckle, having a light hearted exchange.

[ - TIFFANY- ] “Let's just say.... it's bittersweet news for you. Now, that isn't a thread, it's more of a heads up. "

[ - CHRISTIAN - ] “I'm not much of a "heads up" kinda guy, Tiff. You have a roster full of guys who have targeted me since I won this title again. Shelton Benjamin, William Regal and his goonies... they've all beaten the hell outta me. Hell, at TLC, Benjamin took me to my limit, but guess what? I've still got this baby to show why I'm still the Captain of ECW."

Christian slaps the ECW title's face plate and smirks.

[ - TIFFANY- ] “I have no doubt in your ablity, but I'd keep my eye out for tonight's main event. You never know who could be gunning for you next."

The ECW Champion gets a bit more serious.

[ - CHRISTIAN - ] "Gunning for me? They better make sure their gun isn't jammed then, because I'm a better shot. I'm looking forward to the challenge at the Royal Rumble, Tiffany. I'm looking forward going into Atlanta to show why I am the ECW Champion. See, the WWE's website said it perfectly... I'm at a disadvantage. I've only got three weeks to prepare for my challenger. Well I like those odds, I like having my back against the wall, because that's where I perform best. I've had people from Raw, SmackDown, and ECW doubt me ever since I returned to the WWE almost a year ago. I've had no one but myself to bank on for a long time now... but it's different now as we roll into 2010. In this new decade, CM Punk has his cult... Kane has his fire and brimstone... and Captain Charisma has his Peeps."

Tiffany is awestruck, but nods, keeping silent to let Christian's charisma flow through the arena.

[ - CHRISTIAN - ] "No matter what, and no matter who challenges me for the ECW Championship, you can gurantee that I'm going to keep steering the wheel behind the ship that is ECW. Because that's... how I roll."

A small pop for the return of an otherwise forgotten catchphrase as Christian shrugs his shoulders forward with confidence, walking off frame, while Tiffany watches on with a smile... then a bit of a frown.

XCq4LTA.png

The Hurricane is seen with his back turned to the camera backstage, as he slumps his shoulders. He begins... yes... unmasking... but a sudden noise causes him to relace his mask, hiding his identity.

[ - TRENT BARETTA - ] "Ha! So last night at that party you didn't get an invite to, I went, smashed some beers, got some numbers, y'know, the usual night out for me, and this one guy's girlfriend was all like, "oh, I don't know what my boyfriend would think", so I found him a few minutes later, and told him his girl was totally into me! What a sucker!

[ - CAYLEN CROFT - ] "What a loser! So what next?"

[ - TRENT BARETTA - ] "He uh, sucker punched me."

[ - CAYLEN CROFT - ] "Oh."

The Dudebusters awkwardly look around, then see The Hurricane looking at them.

[ - TRENT BARETTA - ] "What're you looking at doofus? Don't you have a skyscraper to hop off of?"

[ - CAYLEN CROFT - ] "HA! Right? Don't you have a baby to save?"

Trent highfives Caylen.

[ - TRENT BARETTA - ] "He probably doesn't even know how to save a baby, let alone himself. Didn't Zack Ryder just whoop you?"

The Hurricane's brow narrows as he looks at the duo and with two exaggerated steps forward he gets in their faces.

[ - THE HURRICANE - ] "I mistook you for ordinary, law abiding citizens, but clearly, you're bumbling minions serving a great evil. That evil in question bein'... douchebaggery! The Hurricane has saved millions of babies, has flown from skyscrapers across the world, and has beaten plenty of goons like you two! So unless you're wanting the greatest superhero of the new decade to whoop 'da both of 'ya, then you'd better apologize."

[ - TRENT BARETTA - ] "Apologize? Why would we do that?"

The Hurricane's Hurrilips purse as he puts his fists on his hips and looks up to the sky.

[ - THE HURRICANE - ] "It's the right thing to do, young Baretta."

Trent thinks on it for a moment, but then makes a reaction, grabbing the head of The Hurricane and throwing it headfirst into a nearby garbage can. The Hurricane is up though! He runs at Baretta for a takedown but The Dudebusters start hitting him in the back before nailing him with a double punch! Caylet picks him up by the feet while Trent has his upper body, and they dump The Hurricane head first into the trash can! His legs kick around wildly!

[ - CAYLEN CROFT - ] "See ya Hurri-DORK!"

Caylent BOOTS the trashcan towards the end of the hallway, where The Hurricane crashes out with food and trash all over him! He lays in a dirty mess of his former self as The Dudebusters laugh and walk out of frame, leaving The Hurricane to watch them walk away with anger on his face... and some left over catering aswell. ECW prepares for it's main event after this.

XCq4LTA.png

Inside the ring, a smile on Tiffany's face is barely hanging on as she looks out towards the ECW crowd. The crowd are primed and ready for a battle royal, but are willing to hear out their General Manager.

[ - TIFFANY - ] "Thank you all for your love and support, really, it's great. Your cheers and admiration for the superstars of ECW every single Tuesday has been the driving force for myself, aswell as the men and women behind that curtain. From ECW to all of you, thank you."

Tiffany takes a slow 180, looking out to the crowd who begin an ECW chant.

[ - TIFFANY - ] "Since becoming your General Manager, I've made it my priority to try and produce the best shows I can. However... even with an incredible champion like Christian, and an amazing roster of veterans looking to showcase their ablity, and the young superstars of tomorrow... ECW has to evolve with the times, and I want ECW to be the very best that I know it can be. It's for that reason... after the Royal Rumble, I will be handing the reigns of ECW to someone else."

There's some boos, and some cheers, from the ECW faithful, but many are confused.

[ - TIFFANY - ] "It's been a long time coming, and I for one believe that for ECW to succeed, for ECW to be on par with Raw and SmackDown, someone else should lead the Road to Wrestlemania. For the next few weeks, WWE officials will be considering who will take my place, and my final appereance on WWE programming will be the Royal Rumble."

A "thank you Tiffany" chant breaks out with some clapping, and Tiffany wipes the tears from her face and tries to maintain a happy go lucky smile.

[ - TIFFANY - ] "So that's the first part... NOW, it's time to see who will be facing Christian at the Royal Rumble for the ECW Championship! This match is the Homecoming Finale Battle Royal! To eliminate your oppenent, you must send them over the top rope, if both feet touch the floor, they're out! The last man standing in the ring will be crowned the number one contender!"

"This Fire Burns" by Killswitch Engage erupts a massive reaction of hate from the crowd as the Straight Edge Savior CM Punk walks out with an arrogant expression, a Slammy Award in his hand, and a chip on his shoulder, as ECW goes to commercial break.

XCq4LTA.png

ECW on SyFy is back, and inside the ring are eight men willing to do whatever it takes for a shot at the silver, as the referee rings the bell.

BzsLaML.jpg
DPXrnGK.jpg
zKvdo0c.jpg
GaM3W5N.jpg
SRjv9R2.jpg
xoBfYAV.jpg
KalOhG6.jpg
GUkWSZf.jpg

ECW HOMECOMING FINALE BATTLE ROYAL
WINNER BECOMES NUMBER ONE CONTENDER TO CHRISTIAN'S ECW CHAMPIONSHIP AT THE ROYAL RUMBLE

The bell sounds and the match quickly turns to bedlam. Shelton Benjamin leaps at Vance Archer while Yoshi Tatsu and Evan Bourne back Kane in the corner with kicks, leaving Ezekiel Jackson and Matt Hardy to begin trading blows. CM Punk slinks to the bottom rope in the center and watches, looking for an opportunity. Archer is being hit silly with punches, but he shoves Shelton back into the middle. Shelton goes for a leaping body press, but eats a big boot for his troubles! Meanwhile, Kane finally grabs Evan Bourne by the throat before tossing him outside. Evan catches himself on the apron, but remains there and hides as Kane knocks Yoshi backwards with a thrust uppercut!

Ezekiel Jackson goes for a bodyslam on Matt, but Matt slips over the shoulder and hits him with a rolling elbow to put him down to a knee! He hits some jabs to his face, but Jackson ultimately sweeps his leg out and drives his head hard into Matt's chest. While Matt's down and coughs, CM Punk runs off his chest with a stomp, continues to leap off of Ezekiel's shoulder, and drops Vance Archer with a clothesline! The crowd give it up as Punk stands up with a smile, BUT EVAN BOURNE COMES OFF OF THE TOP WITH A SPRINGBOARD DROPKICK! He makes Punk crumble! Shelton turns Bourne around for a punch, but Evan blocks it and hits a hurricanrana! Jackson shakes off the cobwebs and stands up and grabs Evan's arm for an irish whip and tosses him. Bourne runs towards Jackson who bends over for a backbody drop, but Bourne slides on his back, and when Jackson turns around, eats a spinning sole kick! Jackson's sent down and rolls towards the ropes as Bourne gets a big pop.

Meanwhile, as Punk recovers from the dropkick he just ate, Vance snarls and runs after Punk with a knee attempt, but Shelton catches him with a gut kick! No! Vance catches the leg, BUT SHELTON WHIPS THE LEG AND HITS A HEADKICK! Archer is wheeling against the ropes! Matt Hardy runs at him and clotheslines Archer over the top rope!

Vance Archer has been eliminated!

The crowd pop big as Vance nearly throws a referee who informs him he needs to leave. He tries stepping back into the ring, but Shelton Benjamin knees him in the side of the head! Payback for their recent beef with one another! Yoshi Tatsu aims a few chest kicks to Ezekiel Jackson's chest, but eats a clobbering clothesline in response. Meanwhile, CM Punk is taking it to Evan Bourne with some chops and throws him for an irish whip. He hits Bourne with a knee to the gut, and hits an approaching Shelton Benjamin with a back elbow to the face. Kane however steamrolls him with a big boot, takes Benjamin out with an uppercut, and catches a runninng Evan Bourne with a BIIIIIG SIDESLAM! As he gets up, he faces off with Ezekiel Jackson, and the ring clears to the corners as the two beats begin to exchange blows! Ezekiel gets some good shots in, but Kane big boots him! Ezekiel eats it as Kane runs the ropes looking for a clothesline, but Ezekiel ducks it and slams Kane with a SCOOP POWERSLAM! Ezekiel shouts in Kanes face as he challenges him to stand up. Kane is looking rough, but Evan Bourne goes to the top rope and takes the chance! AIR-BOURNE TO KANE! Punk takes advantage and grabs Evan though! He tosses him out and Bourne lands head first on the apron!

Evan Bourne has been eliminated!

The cocky Punk laughs, but Yoshi Tatsu takes it to him with some stiff forearms! Punk stomps him in the gut though and picks him up for the GO TO SLEEP! BUT TATSU SLIPS BEHIND! BACKDROP DRIVER! Punk squirms backwards hitting his head. Before Tatsu can capitalize, Ezekiel bulldozes into him and blasts Shelton Benjamin in the face! He goes over to Matt Hardy who'd been stomping on Kane and hits him with a double axe handle strike to the back. Matt is feeling the pain, and he gets hooked for THE BOOK OF EZEKIEL! HARDY REVERESES THE ARMS THOUGH! SIDE EFFECT TO EZEKIEL JACKSON! The crowd are hot and are into this! Kane stompers up and looks pissed though, as Yoshi Tatsu looks intense and runs at Kane with a pair of double knees to back him into the corner. One two, three punch combo, and Yoshi blasts him with chops! They keep coming and coming Kobashi style! One shout by Yoshi, and he hits Kane in the head with a ROUNDHOUSE KICK! He's feeling it and turns around, ONLY FOR CM PUNK TO CONNECT WITH A ROUNDHOUSE KICK OF HIS OWN! Tatsu is dazed as Punk grabs him by the hair and tosses him over the top rope and to the floor!

Yoshi Tatsu has been eliminated!

That makes it two in a row for Punk, but when he turns around, he eats PAYDIRT BY SHELTON BENJAMIN! Benjamin kips up and turns his attention to Matt Hardy, runs at him, and goes for a punch! But Hardy dumps him over his shoulder! Hardy collapses to the mat thinking he's eliminated Benjamin as he goes over to interfere between Kane and Ezekiel's brawl, but once all three men brawl and trade punches, they eventually turn around, AS SHELTON BENJAMIN SPRINGBOARDS OFF OF THE TOP ROPE TO BODY SPLASH ALL THREE MEN! Things ae getting serious! Shelton looks at all three men and tries to decide who to eliminate, but opts to go back to Punk. Punk is face first on the ground and holding his sides, and Shelton calls him up. Punk is practically sleeping as his body doesn't move, and Benjamin looks irritated. He puts a few boots to Punk's back before picking him up, BUT PUNK POKES THE EYES OF SHELTON! Punk lifts Shelton up! GO TO SLEEP CONNECTS ON SHELTON BENJAMIN! Benjamin is wobbly and on his feet stampering around, but Punk clotheslines him out of the ring!

Shelton Benjamin has been eliminated!

It's down to just four men, Ezekiel Jackson, Kane, Matt Hardy, and CM Punk, and Punk's the only one standing. Matt Hardy rolls out of the way as Punk tries to decide who to attack, before shouting to Ezekiel to help him! To help aid his noble, Straight Edge Crusade, and to pledge himself to Straight Edge! But Ezekiel looks at him and tries to go for a strike! Punk ducks it and ducks a big boot attempt from Kane, before leaping off of the second turnbuckle and coming back for a crossbody! He's caught! Kane converts him over to his shoulder and hits him with a powerslam! Ezekiel and Kane meet with big shots again, but a thrust uppercut makes the difference! Ezekiel is coughing for air, and what's in his lungs begans to be extracted as Kane goozles him by the throat! Ezekiel tries to fight out of it, but the demonic Kane has an angry, pissed off look in his eye as he picks up Ezekiel and CHOKESLAMS HIM! Kane is all smiles as the crowd pops, but as he turns around, Matt comes off of the top rope with an elbow down on Kane's head! Kane stumbles but isn't out, and Matt is throwing left and right punches to him, reigniting this feud! He kicks him in the gut and looks for THE TWIST OF FATE! But Kane shoves him off! He goes forward and passes CM Punk, who runs past him and runs at him with a leaping side knee to the jaw of Kane! Punk slaps him twice, hits a backfist, and clotheslines him further! Matt follows him, and the two run side by side! DOUBLE CLOTHESLINE TO TRY AND ELIMINATE KANE! Kane almost hits the floor! The two fall to the side, and Ezekiel Jackson runs at Kane! SHOULDER TACKLE, AND KANE IS OUT!

Kane has been eliminated!

It's down to three men! All of them are exhausted, and Ezekiel falls to a knee holding the middle rope as Punk and Hardy are in the center crawling towards one another. Punk is all smiles, mocking Hardy as he throws up Jeff Hardy's hand signs, and Matt instinctively tackles him and hits him with punches! Punk rolls over on top of Hardy hits him with elbows to the face to calm him down, before standing up and kicking him in the face! Ezekiel looks over and grabs Punk from behind for a back suplex, but Punk lands on his feet and runs behind himself and takes down Jackson with a calf kick! He's up and takes down Hardy with one! Ezekiel is up on the corner, Punk runs at him... KNEE TO THE HEAD OF JACKSON! HE HOOKS HIM FOR THE BULLDOG, BUT WAIT, JACKSON SHOVES HIM FORWARD! KICK TO THE GUT BY MATT HARDY! TWIST OF FATE TO CM PUNK! The crowd go NUTS for it as Punk is out, and FINALLY, he's eliminated by Matt Hardy as Hardy tosses him over the top rope!

CM Punk has been eliminated!

JACKSON, HARDY, IT'S DOWN TO THIS! The fans are chanting for Matt Hardy, but Ezekiel blocks them out as The Dominator screams at Hardy to bring it. Matt is hurt, tired, and uses the ropes to pull his aching body up, but he does so, and by God, he shouts he'll never die. Hardy grabs Jackson by the head and hits him with some shots, but he gets shoved into the corner. Jackson runs up on him and hits some nasty body shots, so many shots it feels like it's been hours since he started hitting Hardy. Jackson takes a few steps back and clotheslines Hardy straight into the throat! Jackson mauls at him, choking the life out of Matt, who tries to scratch and claw at the face of Jackson, but Jackson chucks him into the middle of the ring with a biel toss. Jackson's feeling it, and the intensity never ceases. He calls Hardy up and nails him with another clothesline that flatlines him. Hardy is practically out, and he's walking around him like a vulture. Jackson looks at him with disgust, picks him up, and hooks his arm for THE BOOK OF EZEKIEL... BUT HARDY FIGHTS IT! Hardy hits him with elbows to the head to break the hold, but Jackson goes for it again! Hardy rolls him on his back but Jackson stands and goes for a punch! Hardy ducks it and puts him down with a clothesline! Jackson's hit by another! Hardy goes for a kick, but Jackson catches it with his arm, grabs Hardy by the throat! HE TOSSES HARDY OVER THE TOP ROPE!

Matt Hardy has been eliminated!

NO! NOT YET!

Matt hangs on! Jackson doesn't notice it as he has his back turn! He turns around to see Matt fall into the ring, Jackson is pissed and picks up Hardy, but Hardy clutches him for THE TWIST OF FATE! He hollers, but Jackson tries to fight it by picking up Matt! He tries to send him over the ropes, BUT HARDY CLUTCHES HIS THROAT WITH A CHOKE! JACKSON IS SCRAMBLING AS MATT'S PULLING HIM OVER THE TOP ROPE! JACKSON'S ABOUT TO FALL! BUT HE LANDS HIS FEET ON THE ROPE! HE'S ABOUT TO BREAK THE HOLD! MATT'S FREAKING OUT!

MATT HARDY SAYS SCREW IT! TWIST OF FATE TO THE FLOOR TO JACKSON! BOTH MEN CRASH HARD ON THE FLOOR!

DING! DING! DING!

EZEKIEL JACKSON'S FEET HIT FIRST! MATT HARDY HAS WON THE BATTLE ROYAL!

Ezekiel Jackson has been eliminated!

Ezekiel Jackson is hurt, bad, as he's knocked clean out on the apron, while Matt Hardy is barely able to stand. He holds his back in pain, and even the referee looks at him odd as he raises Matt's arm! The crowd are going NUTS, as no one expected Hardy to win! He was able to throw his feet high enough in the air just to make sure he'd win! It was an insane risk, but a huge reward has been given to him! He throws up the Hardy hand signs and looks nearly emotional, as now, Matt Hardy's road to the Royal Rumble is clearly painted. The show signature logo pops up, as the last thing we see on this edition of ECW on SyFy is a defiant, victorious, Matt Freakin' Hardy.

Last edited:

The Gurricane

End of Heartache
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
alexshelly
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
americanwolves
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
dvAYD4O.png

Todd Grisham writing this week for WWE Online, hope you, the WWE Universe, have been enjoying 2010 thusfar. Now that we're over the New Years (and slacking on our resolutions), let's focus on WWE's latest happenings!

Over on ECW, we saw Zack Ryder emerge victorious over The Hurricane in a one sideded match. Afterwards, Ryder went on to trash the ECW brand. Fans can't stand Ryder, his frequent use of the word "bro" or his cocky attitude, but he has proven to be relentless as of late. Ryder took to Twitter earlier today, wanting to take on more established superstars.

cw35w7U.png

With the news of Tiffany departing from ECW after the Royal Rumble, many fans have speculated who may take her place. ECW Legends were highly disputed amongst fans as the new General Manager, though the list of potential canidates begun to divolve into options like "The Blue Meanie" and "Joel Gertner", and the validity of these rumors are, and on behalf of WWE, completely false. Fans will have to wait until Tiffany's departure as WWE looks for a new authority figure.

HEADLINE: Out Of The Shadows

1a09f11e82d1542f-600x338.jpg

Meanwhile, Matt Hardy proved victorious over several other men in the ECW Homecoming Battle Royal. Hardy is a former ECW Champion, and fans are buzzing about his match with Christian at the Royal Rumble. Hardy and Christian were founders of the legendary TLC match, but haven't competed against each other since 2005! Five years later, both men are looking to prove themselves. Both men have contested in some of WWE's highest octane, extreme matches, and fans, you're in for a treat, as the ECW Championship is poised to have it's flame reignited by these two.

Matt Hardy's status as a SmackDown competitor is up in the air, but we know for certain he'll be appreaing this Tuesday Night on ECW on SyFy to address the WWE Universe about his win.

Stay tuned for more as we continue towards the Royal Rumble!

Last edited:

Gambit

Reaction score
Christian vs Matt Hardy is going to be a very good match up considering the history. Hurricane getting dunked out by the Dudebusters is sad, but I bet he'll get his vengeance at some point. I quite like The Ruthless Roundtable, I have only started reading this BTB, but I'm liking this group. The show was very tight . There was some minor spelling errors, but the show was overall enjoyable. I can't wait to see who takes over Tiffany's GM role. As she exits, leave the memories alone.

DTP

Reaction score
Juicy time period to choose from with one month until the premiere of NXT - but of course, I doubt you're going to jump into that one anytime too soon haha. It'll be very cool to see what we get going here, considering the quality of the roster and the storylines on the ECW roster in late 2009. I hope we see some great additions in the coming months.

I was surprised to see Zack Ryder get such a fast victory against Hurricane Helms, but Ryder is on the way up and it appears the focus was on the post-match promo. It got him over well, but overall it came the appearance that this belonged in the match two slot on the card.

I wonder how things go for William Regal's consortium of Vladimir Kozlov and Ezekiel Jackson - hopefully it doesn't end too awfully for Regal. I'll be interested in seeing how you handle Curt Hawkins' return to prominence, and it seems like a no-brainer that something gets cooking in his future with Zack Ryder.

Chavo Guerrero beating Goldust was something of a surprise, but a welcome one. I do feel like Chavo has more room for upward mobility in his future, but it's sad to see Goldust put down like this.

At this point in his career, Christian was a strong centrepiece for the ECW brand, but waiting for something better to come along. As a babyface he was always good, but I just feel as though there are more legs for him there as a heel. Maybe in due course that could be the direction.

I was always a big fan of the Dudebusters. Hopefully you serve Trent Barreta and Caylen Croft well.

I've got to say I'm surprised to see Matt Hardy win the ECW Homecoming Battle Royal, considering the talent in the match. I suppose you can put it down to Hardy needing it more than most of the guys in this, not to mention this was during the period of time he was trying to recover his career after turning on Jeff Hardy, then reuniting with Jeff, then being left with little after Jeff's departure. Christian against Matt Hardy sure is a choice of a match for the ECW Championship at Royal Rumble, though. We'll have to see how it goes.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Curt Hawkins really not helping the "Edge's Bitch" accusations by debuting as a clone of him, but could be a very interesting step

Christian vs. Matt, battle to see who's definitely not second best of their classic tag team

Excited to see where you go with this

• Love
Reactions: The Gurricane

The Gurricane

End of Heartache
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
alexshelly
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
americanwolves
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
"LIVE FOR THE MOMENT"
TC71o0E.png

.::ECW on SyFy | 1/19/10 | Dallas, Texas::.

We kickoff Tuesday Nights the only way we know how, with some ECW on SyFy! "Don't Question My Heart" belts out with the signature video package, before fading into a blistering sight of pyro in the Addition Financial Arena in Dallas, Texas with both Josh Matthews and Byron Saxton on commentary once again.

[- JOSH MATTHEWS - ] Ladies and gentlemen, thank you again for tuning in to ECW on SyFy! I'm Josh Matthews once again, joined by my broadcasting partner in Bryon Saxton!

[- BRYON SAXTON - ] That's right, and the Royal Rumble is fast approaching with a HUGE ECW Championship Match in the making! Last week, Matt Hardy defied the odds and became the number one contender for Christian's ECW Title! This is a match five years in the making between two of the most extreme competitors in the WWE!

[- JOSH MATTHEWS - ] That's right Bryon. Many fans remember their wild brawls in the late 90's and early 2000's, and their legacies are intertwined with TLC matches. You could make an argument that these two would've even thrived in the original ECW!

[- BRYON SAXTON - ] That's what makes this match so interesting! Both men have put their feud aside and are some of the WWE's most favorable heroes, but you've gotta ask, when there's a championship on the line, does that respect and admiration for one another remain?

[- JOSH MATTHEWS - ] We'll see Bryon, because in just a few moments, Matt Hardy is scheduled to appear with his reaction to his victory last week!

[- BRYON SAXTON - ] That's one way to kick off a pretty stacked show Josh, because we also have what seems to be a "grudge match" on our list! After The Hurricane's lost to Zack Ryder last week, The Dudebusters BUSTED him up and dumped him in a trashcan! No superhero worth his cape would let that go, and tonight, The Hurricane goes one on one with Trent Baretta!

[- JOSH MATTHEWS - ] Speaking of Zack Ryder, earlier this week on Twitter, "The Long Island Iced Z" lashed out and demanded a better competitor this week. While The Hurricane is no slouche, he was put away quickly by the young upstart last Tuesday. Tonight, he's calling out anyone on the ECW Roster to face him!

[- BRYON SAXTON - ] That covers a lot of ground Josh, but last week, Shelton Benjamin had an impressive showing in the Homecoming Battle Royal, however, "The Gold Standard" has a beef to settle with Vance Archer, and looks to finally do that tonight. That's three blockbuster matches lined up for you fans tonight!

!~LIVE FOR THE MOMENT~!

The riff kicks in and the crowd are refreshed to hear Matt Hardy's theme, "Live For The Moment", as Matt Hardy comes out in jeans and a white shirt with an eager smile on his face. He throws up his fist with a microphone in hand. He gladhands a few fans and gets into the ring, looking mighty happy to be standing in an ECW ring again.

[- MATT HARDY - ] For the first time in awhile, it sure does feel good to win somethin'. For the first time in awhile, a Hardy is in line for a title opportunity. Now I don't know about you guys here in Dallas, Texas...

Cheap pop, but an effective one.

[- MATT HARDY - ] ...But it feels good to finally give you ECW fans somethin' you've been wantin', and that's a challenger worthy of representing you. Now I know that I wasn't the guy most people thought would have won the ECW Homecoming... you had guys like Yoshi Tatsu, Vance Archer, Ezekiel Jackson...

A chorus of boos for the member of the Ruthless Roundtable, which Matt shrugs at.

[- MATT HARDY - ] Talented young superstars who will for sure be the face of this brand... but last week, they all lacked what I was going for. They all had the drive and the hunger for gold... but I'm still looking for redemption, and that extra edge is what helped me survive!

Matt pauses, looking down at the mat with what looks to be a bit of shame.

[- MATT HARDY - ] I stand here as a man that's still looking to redeem himself, to try and fix what I did to the WWE Universe, and for what I did to my brother. I couldn't let a slimeball like CM Punk, who drove him out of this company, get this opportunity. I feel like now, I'm on the last part of my redemption story, and I can find forgiveness with one thing... the ECW Championship. What makes it all come full circle is one man... one man that I'd like to ask come out... and that's Christian. So Christian, I-

!~REGALITY~!

The mood shifts as Matt turns his head to the side as The Ruthless Roundtable of William Regal, Vladimir Kozlov, and Ezekiel Jackson appear on the stage. Regal is in a suit as he's followed by Kozlov to his side, while a defeated Jackson follows behind. Regal enters the ring as his body guards stand watch on the outside.

[- WILLIAM REGAL - ] Not quite who you expected, was it, Matthew? Now, while I'm sure you're thrilled to be the number one contender... I hope you've been made aware that the land of ECW has undergone a new regime since your departure.

Regal's cocky smile sours.

[- WILLIAM REGAL - ] For a very long time, this land remained a barren wasteland... full of, "harcore" performers, who couldn't tell a wristlock from a wrist watch... men who were stains of this industry. When I found my way here, I founded two of the most violent, dominating men, and united them under my banner. Since then, Mr. Hardy, everyone in ECW has answered to me. Your sins my boy, are the least of your worries right now.

Kozlov and Jackson go on top of the apron, and before they can enter, Matt retorts.

[ - MATT HARDY - ] See... that's the problem with you guys. Regal, you're a great technical athelete, there's no doubt about that, but this thug mentality? What has it gotten you? Time and time again you and your cronies tried to beat Christian, and yet, I don't see the ECW Title with you. I won my match last week fair and square.

Regal looks irritated and points a stern finger at Ezekiel Jackson.

[- WILLIAM REGAL - ] This man here was given a direct order from his superior, and he royally screwed it up! That's his fault, and a mistake that we have seriously conversed amongst ourselves for a week now. Had it been myself or Vladimir in that ring, it would be us with our hands around the throat of glory!

The camera pans in on Ezekiel's face, who stares at Regal with remorse, and anger.

[- WILLIAM REGAL - ] It's very clear that you are in jeoprady of your spot among our table, Mr. Jackson, but it's clear that you have one avenue towards redemption. I've arranged on our behalf a match tonight.

[ - MATT HARDY - ] Bring it Regal, everyone here in Dallas would love to see me take you down.

[- WILLIAM REGAL - ] A pity for you and I, really, I'd love to thrash you and take your spot. In fact... I think I'll do that right now, and save Christian the trouble.

Regal begins to uncuff his suit jacket as Kozlov and Jackson enter, and Matt Hardy's ready for this fight.

"GO!"
"Just Close Your Eyes" hits and the ECW Champion Christian struts out with the ECW Title over his shoulder. He smiles, not seeming to run into the ring, but walking as all four men in the ring look his way. He comes up to the ring with a microphone in hand and enters, with none of the Ruthless Roundtable seeming to get near him.

[- CHRISTIAN - ] That's awfully nice of you Regal, but I think I can fight my own battles.

Christian does a take around the ring, before standing in front of Matt Hardy... and extending his hand. Matt looks at it, smiles, and the two shake hands and a quick hug, before both men stand side by side.

[- CHRISTIAN - ] Matt, it's good to see you. It's even better to see that it's you I'm facing at the Royal Rumble. Y'know, for almost a whole year, I've gone back and fourth, wondering if I was ever going to get any more credible challengers for this title. I've went through this entire roster week in and week out, flipping the Killswitch on everyone...

He looks to Kozlov, to Jackson, then to Regal with a shit-eating grin.

[- CHRISTIAN - ] Including the three of you...

Regal's face contorts as the fans hoot and holler, with disgust on his face, he whispers to Jackson and Kozlov.

[- CHRISTIAN - ] And it's gotten boring, repetitive, and I can't let my peeps down by putting on the same performence every single night. Matt, you are the wind that's blowing the sails of the ship that Captain Charisma is steering, and for that, I and every single peep in this building appreciate you! Now Matt... before you were interrupted, it seems like you had something to say to me?

Christian and Matt begin to chatter amongst themselves off mic as Regal's patience wears thin, but Matt Hardy lunges at Regal and spears him into the ground! A fight has broken out! Jackson tries to get Matt off, while Kozlov runs after Christian! Christian ducks him and BLASTS The Moscow Mauler with the ECW Championship! Jackson pulls Matt off of Regal, but Regal hits him with an elbow! He turns around to see Christian grab him and throw him out of the ring! Regal wildly goes for a punch, but Matt kicks him in the gut! TWIST OF FATE! No! Regal shoves him into Christian as Jackson pulls Regal out of the ring! The Ruthless Roundtable like a pack of wild dogs cower up the ramp as Christian shouts out them to try something again! ECW goes to commercial as things begin to heat up.

XCq4LTA.png

RfbYJhI.jpg
-VS-
6IFaR3K.jpg

Singles Match

ECW returns from commercial as The Hurricane and The Dudebusters are already in the ring. Caylen rolls out of the ring as the bell sounds and The Hurricane runs at Baretta. Baretta swings wildly and misses, leaving The Hurricane to get some good shots in as revenge for being dumped into a trash can. Baretta is overwhelmed in the corner and The Hurricane monkey flips him back first in the center of the ring! Pin attempt by The Hurricane, but his heroic efforts only land him a one count. Croft's offering some coaching from ringside, but Trent's too busy getting his head slammed into the mat until the referee backs him off of Baretta. Hurricane tries to pick up Baretta, but a quick poke to the eye has him off balance, before a dropkick sets him on his ass. Baretta follows it up by picking The Hurricane up and winding up a punch, hitting him square in the jaw. The Hurricane almost falls again, but Baretta grabs his arm and pulls him in for a neckbreaker! A pin from Baretta, but he only gets a two.

Trent gets up and puts the boots to The Hurricane, before running the ropes and slamming his elbow into his chest. He applies a headlock, but The Hurricane is up to a knee and elbows him in the stomach. He tries to run the ropes, but Trent catches his hair and slams him head first into the mat before backing up into the turnbuckle, holding his stomach in pain. Caylen climbs up the apron and tries to give Trent some advice, but the referee tells him to get down! Caylen's down and argues with the ref, leaving Trent to smile and go up behind The Hurricane, lifting his arm up for a low blow! The Hurricane however leaps forward and runs the ropes! Trent goes for a clothesline, but The Hurricane ducks, rebounds off the ropes, and hits a flying forearm! Another one by The Hurricane lands! Baretta is up and tries to pick The Hurricane up for a body slam, but The Hurricane slips over the shoulder and dropkicks Baretta out of the ring! Caylen is steaming mad and runs over to the other side of the ring to help up Baretta, but as both of The Dudebusters look up, they see The Hurricane coming off of the top rope with a splash on both of them! The crowd are loving it!

The Hurricane gets up first and tosses Baretta in the ring and slides in, but Caylen Croft is holding onto The Hurricane's leg! The Hurricane is almost in the ring! He kicks Caylen backwards and climbs into the ring, but eats a dropkick that almost sends him out of the ring! The Hurricane holds on for dear life to the ropes, but Baretta sets him up for The Dudebuster! He has The Hurricane on his shoulders and tries to wrap his arms around his legs, but The Hurricane fully rotates it into a pin attempt!
THE HURRICANE GETS THE THREE COUNT!

The Hurricane via pinfall (5:42)

The Hurricane's music doesn't even hit before Caylen Croft runs into the ring and kicks The Hurricane in the face, and soon Trent Baretta joins in on kicking him while he's down! The Hurricane tries to fight back and even gets a punch in on both men, but Caylen picks him up for an atomic drop, as Baretta runs the ropes and hits him with a flying knee to the head! The crowd hiss in disgust, but The Dudebusters aren't done. Trent exits the ring and lifts up the apron... and pulls out a trashcan! He smiles with an evil intent as he tosses it into the ring. Caylen starts laughing and picks up The Hurricane as Trent sets the can in the middle of the ring, they're both going to dump him into it for the second week in a row!

But darting from the back, IT'S YOSHI TATSU! Tatsu can't stand to watch this! The Dudebusters toss The Hurricane to the side and Tatsu slides into the ring! Baretta has the trashcan up and tries to lift it over his head, but Tatsu measures and hits a dropkick into the trashcan to knock Baretta down! Caylen tries to grab him, but the Japanese upstart hits him with a spinning gut kick, and drops him with a roundhouse kick! Both of The Dudebusters are laid out, and The Hurricane is up, he locks eyes with Tatsu, and there's a synergy between them. They shake hands before Tatsu lifts The Hurricane's arm up as they celebrate his victory. Talk about strange bedfellows! ECW on SyFy rolls on!

XCq4LTA.png

Backstage, we see a very game Shelton Benjamin sitting on a steel chair, applying his wrist tape as Todd Grisham approaches.

[- TODD GRISHAM - ] Shelton, later on on tonight's broadcast, you're set to face Vance Archer to once and for all settle your feud with him. Care to give us your thoughts?

Shelton breaths, then stands up and slightly towers Grisham.

[- SHELTON BENJAMIN - ] There ain't a whole lot to say Todd, other then the fact that I don't like the guy. Two weeks ago, we had a match, and he took it too far by beating down on me. Last week? I gave him a knee to the head after he was thrown out of the Homecoming Battle Royal. I know what it's like to be like these younger guys here on ECW, I was just like Vance once, but I did my time, and now I'm a main stay name on WWE programming. Vance Archer wants to make a name for himself, and for weeks he's been trying to put a target on my back. I'm the wrong guy to try and make an example of though, that's where he messed up. I've been in the WWE for eight years now, that's eight years of blood, sweat, and tears that I've put into this company. "The Gold Standard" has been around for three of those years, and I'm looking to finally capture a major championship before this year is out. Tonight, when I hit the Paydirt on Vance tonight, I not only put him in my rear view mirror, but I also solidify my place in line for the ECW Championship down the line. Ever since Christian beat me at TLC, I've been wanting another shot. Tonight, everyone's going to see why I'm not to be overlooked.

Shelton exits the locker room, leaving his words to register in the minds of the viewers.

XCq4LTA.png

"Last week, I stated that ECW would be my new hunting grounds."
"For one week, I've begun eyeing my prey."
"Christian... Matt Hardy... Chavo Guerrero Jr. ... the list goes on."
"Next week, I polish my scope, and take aim."
"So hide while you can, because before you know it..."
"You'll already be my trophy."
K3MMcMC.png

::CURT HAWKINS COMES TO ECW::
~SOON~

XCq4LTA.png
[- BRYON SAXTON - ] Folks, after what transpired earlier tonight on ECW on SyFy, ECW General Manager has made our main event match offical! Matt Hardy and Christian, men with years of tag team experience against one another, will face off against The Ruthless Roundtable's Vladimir Kozlov and William Regal! With just a few weeks before the Royal Rumble, you can gurantee tensions are high!

"Ohhhh Radiooooo, tell me everything you know!"

Another week, and another appereance by Zack Ryder. Rosa Mendes follows his side, looking saucier then ever with her dress, while Zack Ryder's lips are pursed in a smug manner. The Long Island native adjusts his purple jacket as he shrugs his arms forward and lifts a microphone to his lips.

[ - ZACK RYDER - ] You hear that, Dallas?

Ryder cups his ear, as does Rosa.

[ - ZACK RYDER - ] Listen real close, because THAT, my bottom feeding, dirt chewing, pig lovin'bros, is the sound of millions of fans turning up the volume, raising their fists, and chanting RYDER, EQUALS, RATINGS!

The Dallas crowd, half drunk, and half angry, already hate him. "Ryder Equals Ratings" is clearly overshadowed by "RYDER SUCKS" chants.

[ - ZACK RYDER - ] Now last week, I put it out there plain and simple for you idiots to digest, Zack Ryder is going on a full demolition tour of ECW! That's right! Every time that camera is pointed on my face, the stock of this show instantly goes up! It's a fact plenty of you want to ignore, but it's one none of you can deny!

The Texas crowd get even more riled up, some even throwing their fists up like they want a fight. Ryder scoffs and tosses his sunglasses to Rosa, who catches them.

[ - ZACK RYDER - ] I said it and I meant it, ECW as you knew it is gone. It's all about Zack Ryder now, and if you've got a problem with that, I dare one of you redneck, hillbilly, cousin lovin' scumbags to get in this ring and do something about it!

Ryder hunts around the ringside and starts to goof around for a moment, throwing up an L on his forehead at everyone in sight.

[ - ZACK RYDER - ] How about you fatso? The one in the DX shirt? Or you toots? You want some of the leader of The Zack Pack? Huh?!

Ryder's having a ball as he gets back into the ring and leans his elbows on the top rope.

[ - ZACK RYDER - ] ...Y'know what? I'm feeling pretty good tonight, hell, I'm feeling great. I know NOBODY in that locker room can come close to me... so how about it? The first one of you yellow teeth having slobs that step in this ring, gets a MATCH with Zack Ryder!

Ryder throws off his jacket and shows off the goods as the crowd are eagerly bickering amongst themselves to step into the ring. Ryder has gotten on the nerves of everyone in this arena, and he loves it. He gets up on the second rope and tells everyone to bring it, but coming up the steel steps behind him is a challenger!

[ - BYRON SAXTON - ] Is that... who?

[ - JOSH MATTHEWS - ] I'm, wow, WOW! This guy is HUGE!

Ryder hops off the second rope as the fans are cheering, he's puzzled, but when he turns around, it all makes sense, and Rosa Mendes on the outside is losing it! A behemoth of a man with a cowboy hat on, sleeveless black jacket, and big dumb smile plastered on his face gets into the ring and walks up to Ryder, who now sees this giant who's jacked to the gills.

[ - ZACK RYDER - ] Bro... what are you?

Lance looks at Ryder's hand and smiles, shaking it. The crowd are disappointed, but aren't suprised as Ryder is head over heels that he's found someone in his crusade to takeover ECW. Lance offers to hold the mic, which Ryder gladly hands over.

[ - BIG ASS TEXAN MAN - ] Yep yep yep! What it DO! Name's Skip Sheffield, at 'ya service.

He's as Texan as it gets and the fans love it, but Ryder looks confused.

[ - ZACK RYDER - ] I... what... what service would that be?

[ - SKIP SHEFFIELD - ] I provide the ol' Texan service of kickin' ass.

Ryder gulps, realizing his mistake. But Ryder swings! The bell rings as Sheffield's hat flies off to the side as Ryder lays in some right fists, meaning this is offically a match!

O4WOcug.jpg
- VS -
DKhsf2X.jpg

Singles Match

Ryder continues firing shots into the face of Skip who's backed into the corner. He tries to irish whip the big Texan, but Skip holds on, and the veins in his head nearly pop. He's mad now and pulls Ryder in for a body slam! Ryder crashes down hard, but it's not over as Skip runs the ropes and stops all of a sudden... to STRUT! Right into a splash on the ribs of Ryder! Quick cover attempt by the fan, but Ryder kicks out. Skip calls Ryder a candy ass punk, a no good loud mouthed sonuvabitch, and just about everything you can scrape by on a TV-PG program... kind of. Skip tries for another body slam but Ryder rakes the eyes. He goes low and dropkicks Sheffield's leg out from under him, before running the ropes and hitting a drive by big boot to the big head of Sheffield. Ryder's feeling it now, but he's pissed off knowing some fan is getting him this mad. He starts choking the life out of Sheffield with his hands, but as the ref gets to a three count, Skip throws one hand up at Ryder's throat to choke him back! Still with Ryder's throat in his hand, Sheffield stands up and lifts Ryder over his head and puts him down with a Gorilla Press Powerslam! Eat ya heart out Goldberg! Cover by Sheffield, but he only gets a two!

Sheffield's taking it to Ryder, and the Texas fans are totally behind their home town hero. Sheffield throws him arm in a circle motion saying "YEP YEP YEP" over and over again, before shouting "WHAT IT DO" as he throws a lariat that'd make Stan Hansen cry tears of joy! But Ryder ducks it and rolls up Sheffield! One! Two! Sheffield kicks out! Skip stands right up and gets a poke to the eye for his trouble! The referee tries to warn Ryder, but it's too late as Ryder plants the fan with Radio Silence and covers him for the three count!

Zack Ryder via pinfall (3:23)

Ryder rolls out of the ring, still feeling sore after the match. Sheffield tries to roll out of the ring to keep the action rolling, but his vision is blurry, security guards leap and tackle the crazed fan as Ryder holds his throat crawling backwards up the ramp. Rosa Mendes carrying his jacket and glasses runs up and picks him up off the floor, and Ryder shakes the cobwebs. He tries to play it cool, but the fans mock him. He shouts for everyone to shut up, but when he looks towards the security, he sees Sheffield throw them off of him all at once! He looks pissed, but he's impressed the WWE Universe tonight. Sadly for the Texas crowd, more security overwhelm him, and start pulling him outside of the barricade and try to go outside of the arena. Commentary tries their best to ignore him, but the fans are too loud for Sheffield to be ignored! Ryder's ego is hurt, and his face says it all as ECW goes to commercial.

XCq4LTA.png

Backstage in the catering section of the arena, The Hurricane and Yoshi Tatsu stand side by side, patrolling the backstage arena. They're on the hunt for something, someone, some dude...busters.

[ - THE HURRICANE - ] Stay vigilant, Super-Yoshi, these dastardly schemers could be hiding anywhere!

Yoshi kind of looks bewildered at the "Super Yoshi" name, and tries explaining to The Hurricane he was only wanted to save The Hurricane, not partner up, but The Hurricane doesn't understand Japanese.

[ - THE HURRICANE - ] Exactly! They thought they could whoop The Hurricane earlier tonight, but now that the odds are evened, they're crumbling under the weight of our mathmatical union!

It was then when one of the trash bins in catering rolls in the distance, as the two heroes dart their eyes towards it. The Hurricane's brow crinkles from the putrid smell.

***THWACK!***

With no remorse, Caylen Croft SMACKS Yoshi Tatsu upside the head with a lunch tray! It looks like it's another beatdown! The Hurricane takes a step to go help, but almost as if he has a Hurri-sense, he barely ducks a clothesline from Trent Barreta! The Hurricane is taking it to him as Yoshi Tatsu is now taking it to Caylen. Caylen tries to hold up a lunch tray, but Yoshi hits a Van-Damninator to the lunch tray to knock Caylen down! Baretta tries to throw The Hurricane face first into the trash bin, but The Hurricane reverses it, and dumps Barreta inside of the can! Caylen is staggering, trying to get to his feet, but Yoshi Tatsu takes a few steps, looking for a headkick, but The Hurricane pushes the trash bin, with Baretta inside of it, RIGHT THROUGH CAYLEN CROFT! Old burgers, fries, hot dogs, all kinds of trash go spilling on top of The Dudebusters. It's sweet revenge for The Hurricane, and even Yoshi smriks a bit, but The Hurricane hits his pose and looks at the two pieces of trash.

[ - THE HURRICANE - ] How's that for payback, villians? Let this be a warning to you and ALL of ECW's filthy underbelly of crime!

The two men walk off as Trent and Caylen stir around, looking at their attackers. This is far from over,k and the disdain on their faces are clear as day.

XCq4LTA.png

6icH1OC.jpg
-VS-
MPuD0Oh.jpg

Singles Match
In what is advertised as their final encounter, Shelton Benjamin and Vance Archer have what is considered an all out brawl. Early on, Archer takes down Benjamin with a tackle and wails on him with punches, only then for a few moments later to be hit with a nice sidekick by The Gold Standard. There's practically no wrestling up until Archer reverses a bodyslam attempt into one of his own. He picks up Shelton and has him on his shoulder, throwing him throat first onto the top rope for a stun gun. Archer calls Benjamin up for a big boot, but Benjamin ducks it and picks him up for a biiiig German Suplex! Archer rolls out of the ring rocked, leaving Benjamin to run the ropes and hit a suicide dive! The Gold Standard isn't done there, as he tosses Archer back into the ring and ascends to the top rope, going for a crossbody! But Archer catches him, and throws him backwards for a fallaway slam! Archer doesn't even want the pin, as he mounts Benjamin and continues to punch him! The ref is close to DQing him, but Benjamin being the crafty veteran, delivers an elbow that knocks Archer off of him.

Both men exchange punches, and Benjamin goes for the gut kick! Caught! But Benjamin whips himself around with a kick to the head of Archer! He's wobbly! Benjamin stumbles, but leaps for the PAYDIRT! BUT ARCHER HOLDS HIM IN PLACE! BRUTAL BACKBREAKER COUNTER! You can tell Shelton felt that one. Archer doesn't let up and hits another backbreaker to keep the pressure on, leaving Shelton squirming in pain, but Archer doesn't stop there, stomping at the back again and again until Shelton has no choice but to roll to the apron. Archer smiles and taunts the crowd, setting himself up on the second rope to grab Shelton for a possible move. But Shelton pushes his hands away and takes the opportunity to hit Archer square in the jaw with a superkick! It knocks the big man down into the center of the ring, he's stumbling abit and looks over, but he only sees Shelton come off the top with a springboard clothesline! He pins Archer! But he only gets a two! Shelton is desperate for a win and picks up Archer for the T-Bone Suplex, but the back pain gets to the Gold Standard, and he's forced to suffer for it! GOOZLED! Archer has him by the throat! BIIIIIG CHOKESLAM! Archer flips his hair back and looks royally pissed, grabbing Shelton by the throat again! ANOTHER CHOKESLAM! Shelton Benjamin is completely out of it! Archer covers Benjamin's shoulders and gets the three count! It's an upset victory for sure as the ref raises Archer's hand.

Lance Archer via pinfall (5:43)

Archer has a look of disdain on his face as he looks down at Shelton. The replay shows Shelton hit the mat, hard, neck first on the second chokeslam. The referee is checking on him, but it looks like all of the talk Benjamin did earlier was to no avail. Archer smiles, walking out of the ring and staring at his handi-work as ECW rolls on.

XCq4LTA.png

Backstage, Zack Ryder and Rosa Mendes are walking through the back, and they don't look happy at all.

[ - ZACK RYDER - ] Stupid hick, stupid Texas, stupid!

Ryder's expression goes from bad, to worse, seeing Tiffany standing across from a vaguely familar figure. Ryder practically bumps into Tiffany on purpose and shoots her an ugly glare.

[ - ZACK RYDER - ] What the hell was that?! Huh?! Why didn't security do their job and PROTECT ME?! I'm so glad you're not gonna be in charge of this dump anymore!

Tiffany's eyebrows are raised a bit, and she smirks.

[ - TIFFANY - ] Oh, is that so?

[ - ZACK RYDER - ] Totally! I've barely had any shots at the ECW championship, I haven't gotten to be the main event in GOD knows how long, and worst of all, we're in stinkin' Texas! I could've been killed out there!

[ - TIFFANY - ] And, your point? You were the one who asked the crowd to fight you.

Ryder practically loses his eyes from a hard eye roll.

[ - ZACK RYDER - ] Because YOU didn't put me in a match against anyone worth a damn! I WANT Christian!

Tiffany ponders this, abit annoyed, especially, at the glare Rosa is giving her, but she sighs, puts on her most professional smile, and replies.

[ - TIFFANY - ] You know what Zack? Fine, you can have your chance at Christian, but I'm going to make sure you earn it.

Ryder lights up.

[ - ZACK RYDER - ] For real? Just like that?

The figure next to Tiffany has a hood up and a baseball cap on, we can see him cross his shoulders, but Ryder pays no mind to him.

[ - TIFFANY - ] You are right about one thing Zack, you are impressive... in the ring. But you and the whole locker room are all looking to capture the ECW title. Matt Hardy's spot is solidified, but, luckily for you, WWE officals have allowed me to make an additional match for the ECW brand, so Zack, all you have to do is win your match against your oppenent next week, and you'll be automatically added to a number one contender's match at the Royal Rumble.

Ryder is ecstatic, about to brofist the ceiling off. Rosa joins in, and for a moment, all is right with The Ultimate Broski.

[ - ZACK RYDER - ] That's what's up! Hell yeah! It's about time.

Tiffany stays silent, but the figure next to her flips the hoodie down, revealing himself to be, yes, Texas' own Lance Cade! There's a decent pop from the crowd, as the former protege of both HBK, and more recently, Chris Jericho, meets Ryder face to face. Zack isn't too pleased, mean mugging Cade.

[ - LANCE CADE - ] Stinkin' Texas, eh? Didn't that big boy out there just whoop you something awful?

[ - ZACK RYDER - ] Are you serious Tiffany? What the hell! I WANT PEOPLE WORTH MY TIME! Not losers! Not rookies! Nothing like that! I take back what I said, screw you Tiff, screw ECW, and screw you La-

SMACK! Five fingers straight to the face knocks Ryder down. Dr. David Schultz would be proud of that one, as Ryder's headband falls down with him, as Rosa Mendes freaks out, kneeling down and making sure Zack's alright.

[ - LANCE CADE - ] Shut your mouth, before it gets you into more trouble.

Cade and Tiffany look at one another before walking out of frame, continuing their conversation about his contract, while Ryder watches on in anger. First a rookie nearly gets the best of him, now this. It's a rough night for the Rough Ryder.

XCq4LTA.png

s86bvba.jpg
yjjPvJT.jpg
-VS-
DPXrnGK.jpg
wRlH5NA.jpg

MAIN EVENT
Tag Team Match
This tag match starts off with Matt Hardy and Vladimir Kozlov, and most of their opening moments revolves around Hardy trying to knock down the giant Russian to no avail. Ezekiel Jackson keeps an eye on the action from ringside. A crossbody attempt leads to Kozlov bodyslamming Hardy, followed up by a falling headbutt that nearly knocks him out. Christian keeps an eye on the action, studying his oppenent for the Royal Rumble, but making no haste to get in there just yet. Hardy's up and delivers some forearm shorts, but Kozlov shoves him backwards and big boots Hardy straight in the chest. Regal demands his turn, and Kozlov tags him in. Both men ignore the referee's count for a few seconds, lifting Hardy up and planting him with a double suplex!

Regal however refuses to pin Matt just yet, stomping away at the back of Hardy, before putting him in a headlock. He squeezes the life out of Matt, turning his face into a bright red. Hardy kicks his foot on the mat trying to get the fans support, and it helps him work his way up to his feet as he sends Regal to the ropes. Regal comes running with a clothesline though that takes Matt down. Christian hollers at him, but the referee focuses on the ECW champion trying to get him to calm down. Vladimir takes the opportunity to run in and hit Hardy with another falling headbutt, before Regal uses some closed fists to the head. As Regal stands, he claps his own hands, letting Kozlov in with an illegal tag.

Christian nearly gets in the ring, but lets the referee finally get a view of what's happening. He thinks Regal tagged Kozlov in, so he's allowing a Moscow style beatdown on the number one contender! Hardy looks worse for wear as Kozlov wants to end it here and now. He picks up Hardy on his shoulder in a powerslam position, but Matt slips out from behind and hits a Russian legsweep on, well, the Russian!

Pivotal point in the match now as both men try to get to their corner, but Kozlov gets to his first and tags in Regal, who storms in and grabs Hardy's leg pulling him into the center of the ring. Regal tries to mount Hardy for a camel clutch, but Hardy stands up, holding Regal on his back! Regal has the choke applied, but Hardy simply falls backwards hard to knock him down! Regal aches in pain as he stands up, but a fired up Hardy spears him down and starts throwing wild punches! Regal can't block any of them! The referee finally gets in between them pulling Hardy up, but Regal aims a well placed kick straight to Hardy's EYE! It knocks the Man Who Will Never Die straight backwards into the corner... LEAVING CHRISTIAN TO TAG HIMSELF IN!

The ECW Champion comes in and he's ready to fight! Regal goes for a punch but Captain Charisma ducks it and slaps some sense into him, before hitting him with a back suplex! He stands straight up to see Vladimir running straight at him, and steps backwards, pulling the rope down to knock him out of the ring! Ezekiel Jackson goes to check on Kozlov, helping him to his feet, but Christian planned for this! He runs to the corner, leaps on the second rope, and hit's a springboard plancha to both men!

The Champ is feeling it and he slides into the ring, only to get a kick to the gut by Regal, who irish whips him into the corner. He runs at Christian full speed, but eats two boots to the face! Regal stumbles into the center of the ring, only to eat another strike, this time a Discus Punch from Matt Hardy! It sends him reeling into another corner, and Matt suddenly drops to his knees and hands! The crowd pop for classic Hardy action, and Christian gets the big picture, as he runs to him, uses Hardy's back as a stepping stool, and collides into Regal with a stinger splash! Regal stumbles out and Hardy looks for the TWIST OF FATE! But Regal is able to shove him into the ropes! Hardy falls, but only onto the apron, as Christian hooks Regal's arms for the Killswitch! But it's the same story, this time getting shoved into Matt's corner, leading Matt to tag in!

Christian remains on the offense though, but it's to no avail as Regal hits him with a t-bone suplex! Regal doesn't notice the tag, so he's suprised when Matt turns him around, kicks him in the gut, and hits the Twist of Fate! Center of the ring and both Kozlov and Jackson try to come in, but Christian hits a sliding dropkick that knocks both men back! Cover for Hardy! 1...2...3!!!

Matt Hardy & Christian @ 10:32

It's a feel good moment here on ECW, as the two veterans of the tag team scene have their hands raised in victory. Regal rolls his lifeless body out of the ring, as all three of the members of The Ruthless Roundtable are down and out, with Regal looking the worst for wear. Inside the ring, both Christian and Matt celebrate, raising each other's hand... but there's a slight issue... they're both raising the ECW Championship. There's a pause, and both men lower their hand, each holding the ECW Title. They stare it it's silver glare, both wanting it, but Christian pulls it towards him, looking at Matt with a grin. Matt puts his hands up, giving a fake "bow" to Christian, and the two fist bump, talking some light hearted smack towards the Royal Rumble, as ECW goes off the air.

Last edited:

DTP

Reaction score
ECW on SyFy - January 19, 2010:

It's good to see this still going, as I quite liked the direction from the previous show. I think it's interesting to see you heading to a match between Christian and Matt Hardy, considering the crossroads both men felt like they were at during this period in time. I feel like there's got to be something more to the two of them going face versus face at Royal Rumble. That or it's exposition for Christian as the protagonist of this project with the ECW Championship. Classic tag team promo to kick off the show, pretty much interchangeable between brands as seen during the early 2010s. As paint by numbers as it was, it kept William Regal and his Ruthless Roundtable in the loop. While I dug Ezekiel Jackson at the time, I don't know if I could have seen him as a viable ECW Champion had the brand lived on past February.

Very glad to see the Dudebusters get something to sink their teeth into! I always was a big fan of Trent Baretta, and while Caylen Croft was also pretty good from memory, it's pretty clear Trent belongs more. I was surprised to see the Hurricane get the win, but it was moreso about the post-match angle. Yoshi Tatsu makes an oddly fitting partner for Hurricane, but I do think there is some interesting things you could do with him in this era.

I'm hopeful that Curt Hawkins will be introduced the right way with whatever this new gimmick might be. Hawkins was a fond favourite of mine during this period, but it was clear he was not really one for a major push. I would be interested to see how Hawkins gels with Zack Ryder in this stretch of their careers - but then again, I feel like that would be low hanging fruit.

Speaking of, I was stunned to see you waste a potential debut of a guy like Skip Sheffield on a Zack Ryder match. I feel like there was a chance to make a star in one night here, but then again Ryder is still new as a rising star. But knowing what we do about Sheffield and what he does later, I was surprised he lost out here. At least he got his gimmick nuances in. Interesting as to who this crazed fan is.

I suspect that we are not going to end the Hurricane and Yoshi Tatsu hijinks with the Dudebusters here. It provides a decent excuse to pull the Extreme Rules match card.

I don't remember much about Vance Archer and what he did in WWECW, outside of his goofy ass haircut and SmackDown vs RAW 2011. I'm surprised to see him go over Shelton Benjamin, but ECW needs young blood, and I feel like this was a way in establishing Vance as a future prospect perhaps poised for an ECW Championship opportunity.

Aww man, that's badass. I'm really happy to see Lance Cade get another chance to shine here, and I really hope that he stays well and doesn't suffer an untimely fate like he would in a few months' time. I don't see Zack Ryder getting that ECW Championship shot too soon, or at least, I don't believe he should.

The thing with Christian and Matt Hardy heading towards the Royal Rumble to compete for the ECW Championship is that their story has been predominantly told already. Two established veterans whose careers have been intertwined for the past decade, going head-to-head at the helm of a young blood-idealised brand. I'm very curious to see how this turns out, especially with the happy ending with the fan favorites getting the win over William Regal and Ezekiel Jackson. I can only suspect we can expect something more spicy about to happen in due course.

Overall, not a bad show. We still have one week until the Royal Rumble, so I'm very interested in how we kick things into the next gear.

• Love
Reactions: The Gurricane