Ecw One Night Stand 2005

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

KyleFitta

Reaction score
Hey it’s me Y2jericho22 and my request I’m going to do a review of one of my fav. companies ECW so lets get started.........

LANCE STORM vs. CHRIS JERICHO- glad to see in this one Jericho came back as his old Ecw gimmick and not his wwe one. This was a pretty good opener to start the ppv. Some great work by these two good workers but the only grip about this match it seemed like they were rushing the match and what could of been a very good match good start (** 3/4)

TAJIRI vs. Little Guido vs. SUPER CRAZY-decent match with good work by these two. They worked the old school ecw booking in this one with the elimination rules to the match. The spot of night was when Super Crazy did a nice back flip to get the EC-DUB chants roaring threw out the crowd, but the match was to short to really stand out in this match it was ok (** 1/4)

PSICOSIS vs. REY MYSTERIO this was actually the best feud in 1994 and they were trying to relive the heat between these to but try to get heat off a feud from about 11 years ago doesn’t work great. This match was basically TV match with decent work in a short amount of time. They used a sleeper hold in the middle of the match and the crowd ate it up and seriously a 6 minute match with c.w and there using sleeper holds pssh (**)

SABU vs. RHYNO- this match started because of an awesome shoot by Rvd and Sabu saving Rvd this match was very good for the amount it got and had some heat in it. The match was a little spotty but worked out good in this match and the crowd was into this match pretty good work (** 1/2)

CHRIS BENOIT vs. EDDIE GUERRERO- good but very disappointing match. When you think Benoit vs. Guerrero you not only think match of the night you think match of the year contender but this wasn’t near a motyc. The match was good with some nice counters and some good tech. wrestling as expected but the crowd was really distracted in this match also by the Wwe people. The end came when Eddie tap to the cross face good match. (***)

MIKE AWESOME vs. MASATO TANAKA- good match but very overrated at times. This was a good stiff match with these two really beating the shit out of each other making an great match and using weapons correctly for some good drama in the match and some nice near falls but all and all this is what people say it is (*** 1/2)

RAY & D-VON DUDLEY vs. TOMMY DREAMER & SANDMAN- just totally classic ecw stuff in this match it got clusty but in a classic ecw way with them basiclly beating the shit out of each other in working a pretty good story in the ring with some nice ecw spots good match (*** 1/4)

FINAL THOUGHTS: while this was a very memorable show With a good shoot by Rvd and an awesome shoot by Heyman and a good ending to the ppv with Ecw clearing the ring the wrestling in this show was good but I wouldn’t say very good. There were no bad matches but some disappointing matches basically the lack of time they got for this ppv with the longest match only going 11 minutes I think. Everyone tried to put on a great match in the time they were giving and on the other side it was a very entertaining show so I will give it an 8/10 coming from a loyal Ecw since 1994. Honestly I don’t know how much you love this show if you did not follow ECW.