ECW: Heyman's Way

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xImpulsive

Reaction score
ECWHeymansWayTitlePic.png

1991 - Tri-State Wrestling Alliance formed by owner Joel Goodhart.
1992 - Goodhart sells company to Tod Gordon, who in return renamed the promotion Eastern Championship Wrestling.
1993 - Paul Heyman takes over as head booker of Eastern Championship Wrestling.
1994 - Shane Douglas disrespects the NWA title and declares the Eastern Championship Wrestling its own promotion and world title, officially breaking away from the NWA. Eastern Championship Wrestling soon becomes Extreme Championship Wrestling due to Paul Heyman wanting a new style of wrestling, not the "old NWA style".
1996 - Tod Gordon sells all of his assets to Paul Heyman. Gordon remains as commissioner but is soon fired by Paul Heyman due to suspicion of a locker room "mole".
1997 - ECW's first PPV, Barely Legal, huge success.
1999/2000 - ECW on TNN. ECW signs a contract with TNN for 3 years, but with no advertising and a low budget, ECW becomes TNN's most watched tv show. ECW's last show was in 2000 when "The Network" canceled the show due to WWF's Monday Night Raw moving onto that channel. Paul Heyman stated that he strongly believed that the lack of a national television deal (especially after the TNN ordeal) was the main cause of ECW's demise.
2000 - Mike Awesome World Title controversy. Mike Awesome appears on WCW as ECW champion and attacks Kevin Nash. Awesome was upset about his contract situation and Eric Bischoff wanted him to throw the ECW title in the trash. A compromise was reached when WCW wrestler Mike Awesome fought WWE wrestler Tazz for the ECW World Title at an ECW event, Mike Awesome would go on to lose the match and the title was rightfully returned to ECW.
2001 - ECW was troubled, couldn't find a TV deal including financial problems. Paul Heyman eventually declared bankruptcy with ECW having it's last PPV, Guilty as Charged. A few months after declaring bankruptcy, ECW as a stable as part of the WWF Alliance storyline with Stephanie McMahon becoming ECW's "owner". The WWF would eventually beat the alliance of ECW/WCW and it would be the last of ECW we would hear for awhile.
2003 - WWE buys all of ECW's assets acquiring the rights of ECW's video library.
2004 - The Rise and Fall of ECW was released, a documentary about the whole promotion, its rise to fame and its drop to bankruptcy.
2005 - Many reunion shows for ECW were made including Hardcore Homecoming which was created by Shane Douglas and ECW's One Night Stand.
2006 - Vince McMahon sees an opportunity to make some money and brings back ECW again in a PPV One Night Stand 2006, with the PPV being a huge success, McMahon decided to make ECW the 3rd brand in the WWE. Many ECW originals are brought back into the brand, with Paul Heyman being the General Manager, and this is where we start off.

ECW was brought back, Paul Heyman will be general manager, also head booker. Vince McMahon has no say in this show. Extreme rules matches, never heard of, every match will have no rules. The ECW World Heavyweight Title and ECW TV title are strictly ECW, no Smackdown or RAW "superstars" will be allowed to hold them. ECW may be backed by WWE, but only financially, everything else is Paul E. Heyman! A 1 hour time slot on USA during the hours of 10-11 P.M. Given a TV-MA rating due to its violence, language, and sexual content. ECW is ready to bring the fun and extreme back into wrestling led by the evil genius himself, Paul Heyman.

ECW One Night Stand 2006 Results:
Taz defeated Jerry Lawler via submission.
Kurt Angle defeated Randy Orton via pinfall.
The F.B.I. defeated Tajiri and Super Crazy via pinfall
Rey Mysterio defeated Sabu to retain the World Heavyweight Championship via pinfall.
Mick Foley, Edge, and Lita defeated Tommy Dreamer, Terry Funk, and Beulah McGillicutty via pinfall.
Masato Tanaka defeated Balls Mahoney via pinfall
Rob Van Dam defeated John Cena to become the WWE Champion via pinfall.

Titles:

titlestogether.png

Roster:

Al Snow

alsnow.png

Axl Rotten
axlrotten.png

Balls Mahoney
ballsmahoney.png

Beulah McGillicutty
beulah.png

Big Guido
bigguido.png

Big Show
bigshow.png

Blue Meanie
bluemeanie.png

CW Anderson
cwanderson.png

Francine
francine.png

Hollywood Nova
hollywoodnova2.png

Jusin Credible
justincredible.png

Kurt Angle
kurtangle.png

Little Guido
littleguido.png

Masato Tanaka
masatotanaka.png

Mike Knox
mikeknox.png

Rhyno
rhino.png

Rob Van Dam
rvd.png

Sabu
sabu.png

Sandman
sandman.png

Shelton Benjamin
sheltonbenjamin.png

Stevie Richards
stevierichards2.png

Super Crazy
supercrazy.png

Tajiri
tajiri.png

Tommy Dreamer
tommydreamer.png

Tony Mamaluke
tonymamaluke.png

Tag Teams:

bWo
bwo2.png

Axl Rotten and Balls Mahoney
axlsballs2.png

FBI (Accompanied by Big Guido)
fbi2.png

Tajiri and Masato Tanaka
masatotajiri2.png

Other Talent

Joey Styles
joeystyles.png

Taz
Taz.png

Paul Heyman
paulheyman.png

Terry Funk
terryfunk.png

Joel Gertner
joelgertner.png

PPV's
Guilty as Charged (January)
Holiday Hell (February)
Living Dangerously (March)
Barely Legal (April)
Hardcore Heaven (May)
ECW House Party (June)
Heat Wave (July)
Wrestlepalooza (August)
Anarchy Rulz (September)
Massacre on 34th Street (October)
November to Remember (November)
December to Dismember (December)

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Looks alright. Lets see what you can do. Great time to make a BTB btw (no sarcasm). I loved this period, and you have a lot of possibilites. Good luck, make us proud.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Well I liked what you used to write when you had the RAW 2004(or 2003) so hopefully this can last. The period you chose to write it from is good as I really didn't mind ECW then (I love it now) so. Good Luck man.

connorten

Reaction score
I like this idea. Solid roster. Decent backstory, it gives us the story behind all of this in point form which is all we need. And the PPV events sound good to! I love ECW and I can't wait to see wat you do to this!