ECW Hardcore Heaven 1999

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
gQvXkdm.gif

ECW Hardcore Heaven
Poughkeepsie, New York
May 16th, 1999​

Joey Styles opens the show; I must say he looks extra nerdy tonight in his father’s suit. Before he can even say a thing, Chris Candido with Sunny come out an interrupt him. Candido says tonight all these fans get to see him wrestle and that wrestling has become quick paced with tons of interference and he’s gonna do it tonight. He brings out his insurance policy, The Dudley Boyz, and says Taz likes to attack from behind like every other snake in the grass in the state of New York, so when he does, they're going to beat him up and throw him on top and he's going to be the new champion.

ECW World Heavyweight Championship: Taz vs. Chris Candido (w/Tammy Lynn Sytch & The Dudley Boyz)
So hey guess what? this is a minute long squash, SWERVE! During Taz’s entrance he takes out the Dudleyz with double clothesline, Candido gets cocky 10 seconds in which leads to a German followed by a Tazplex and signals for the end but Candido powerbombs him, but misses the diving headbutt as Taz hits another Tazplex and locks him in the Tazmission for the win. Post-Match: The Dudleyz hit Taz with the 3D, Taz gets helped to the back and is holding his neck selling the 3D AMAZINGLY!

Cyrus joins Joey Styles at commentary.

The Dudleyz are still in the ring and Bubba has the mic :mark: Bubba says the fans may be confused but their looking at the 6 time ECW tag team champions and the greatest tag team in the world today. They brag about taking out The Sandman, breaking Beulah's neck, they broke up the eliminators and now Perry Saturn wears a dress, they beat Tanaka to Japan. And they are the ones that kicked RVD and Sabu’s ass. They issue an open challenge, and out come Balls.

ECW World Tag Team Championships: Balls Mahoney vs. The Dudley Boyz
Balls takes out both men, but then simply ruins it by botching a elbow drop from the top rope :lmao this allows the Dudleyz to jump him as Spike's music plays. Spike comes through the crowd tho and low blows both ot them leading to the Acid Drop on Bubba as Balls hits the Nutcracker Suite on D-Von for two. At one point both the Dudleyz and Balls play catch with spike but when the Dudleyz catch him for the 2nd time they simply throw him to the floor :lmao AWESOME! The Dudleyz begin to work over spike now, as D-Von brings a table in but Spike rolls him up for two. But as soon as he gets to his feet Bubba kicks him in the face. Bubba then heads to the top but Spike cuts him off, he tries to ‘rana Bubba through the table but Bubba kills him with the Bubba bomb through the table for two cause Balls breaks up the pin. They connect with the 3D but Balls kills the both of them with chairs as Joel gives him the weakest chair shot ever, Joel tries to throw matches lit at Balls :lmao But Balls takes out lighter fuel and drinks a bunch of it before spitting fire in his face :lmao WHAT? The Dudleyz would attack him from behind and deliver the 3D for the win. Poor Joel! As for the match solid little thing. **

tJto9ED.gif
nPVgfU7.gif

Super Crazy vs. Taka Michinoku
I may not be the biggest Super Crazy fan but I do love me some TAKA, so this should be fun and spot filled. Right off the bat, crazy dropkicks him out of the ring but Taka comes back with a springboard dropkick that sends Crazy to the floor. We get a good series of spots early on until Taka starts heeling it up and uses his smartness to cut Crazy off whenever he wants to turn the match into a spotfest high flying match. I liked that as the match went on Taka just wanted to embarrass Super Crazy throughout the match, HOLY SHIT! AT one point Taka backdrops Crazy to the floor and Crazy bumps no hands style, Taka then tries the leaping springboard no hands plancha but Crazy moves and Taka crashes into the rails. Crazy dropkicks Taka into the rails again before sending him into the crowd before he hits the crazy special onto him in the crowd :mark: Once they get back in the ring, Crazy targets the leg to spot Taka from going to the air and to keep him grounded. Taka’s selling was fantastic as he misses a top rope moonsault, and that allows Crazy to hit 3 middle rope moonsaults of his own for two. Taka then catches Crazy with a dropkick to the chest and hits one to the back of his head before hitting a Michinoku driver, he goes for a 2nd but that gets countered and Crazy powerbombs him for the win. This was another fun little match, it didn’t blow me away or anything but I liked that it told a story and had psychology instead of spots, spots and spots. **3/4

MT5v3am.gif

Backstage: The Dudley Boyz tends to a blinded Gertner, but they find a hit list in his pocket. Nova is on it first, and they ask why. Bubba decides he doesn't care, and they go off. Nova is around the corner and the camera man finds them beating up Nova while Bubba yells "YOU SON OF A BITCH NOVA! I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S FOR, BUT YOU'RE GETTING IT. BROTHER GERTNER SAID SO!" :lmao AWESOME!

Yoshihiro Tajiri vs. Little Guido (w/Big Sal E)
FUCK YEAH! Tajiri too bad he’ll prob job in this to these fuckin’ Italians. LOL @ THE YOU DAD’S GAY sign. Guido taking Tajiri down with a shoot takedown and he begins to slap him but that only pisses Tajiri off as he does the take before attempting to choke him out. Tajiri hits a pair of sick rolling knees throws IDK what the fuck it’s called. Fuckin’ Guido takes over with slaps and boots before working the arm of Tajiri, why not take out the knee of a kicking expert? Guido misses a dive and Tajiri hits one of his own taking all 3 men out, he front suplex him on top of the rails before Tajiri dropkicks him in the back. FUCKIN’ AWESOME counter by Tajiri as he attempts a sunset flip but Guido holds onto the ropes Tajiri twists and turns it into the tarantula :mark: Guido takes over after he hits a leg drop off the top and connects with Tajiri on the ramp. Guido works over Tajiri’s working a bunch of stuff and even included the stupidest interference in history, I’m suppose to believe that just because the ref did not see Fat Sal slamming Tajiri into mat that he couldn’t hear or even feel the ring vibrate during the impact? Oh well, Guido’s heat last for several minutes and to be honest sucked, at least Tajiri’s mini-comebacks ruled. Tajiri’s dropkicks to the knees of Guido was great even if it was a filler to lead into spots, the match would end when Guido goes for the Sicilian Slice Tajiri meets him off the top with a Buzzsaw kick and brainbuster for the win. Match did nothing for me and it wasn’t because of Tajiri. **1//4

Backstage: Sign Guy, Bubba & D-Von continue going over Gernter's list, Next up is Rod Price and Bubba asks why Rod I like that guy, so D-Von says there's $3000 here so Bubba says he never liked that guy :lmao They find Rod and beat the shit out of him while Bubba yells that it's not personal BROTHA! And Brother Gertner told them so.

Street Fight: Tommy Dreamer (w/ Francine) vs. Lance Storm (w/Dawn Marie but I think she’s calling herself Beulah now)
AWESOME! Moment happens during the entrance of Storms when Dawn walks out first as he follows, he has her panties in his hands and orders her to put them back on and she does in the corner of the entrance with Storm in front so the fans can’t see :lmao God damn I love me some Dawn, well from the neck no mouth down she is great. All of this is brawling and I would it was mostly Dreamer carrying this cause this is not Storms type of match, at one point Dreamer does the spin on the ramp but Lance catches him with a sloppy looking inverted DDT on the ramp. I loved whenever Lance was in control he mostly just wanted to keep it a wrestling match with moves but then he would remember this is a street fight and randomly bring a weapon in but not use it. As for Dreamers he went in for the kill, introducing a steel rail which would backfire as Lance would crotch him on it but miss the double sledge and crash into it :lmao At one point Lance does the Flair up and over turnbuckle spot as the fight over whose gonna throw the other through the table with a hip toss as Dreamer wins that and sends him crashing through the table. Lance pulls off his belt to use the metal part to dig into Dreamers head busting him open, but out of desperation Dreamer DDT’s him for two. He rolls to the floor and sets up a ladder in-between the ring and the rails as he goes for the bulldog but Lance pushes him off and sending him into the ladder. Dreamer places Lance’s head in-between the ladder and grabs a chair nails the end of it killing Lance, I just noticed the ref it out. Lance grabs a table and brings it but it would backfire as Dreamer hits him with the DVD off the middle rope through the table but the ref is still out so Cyrus runs down and pulls Dreamer off the cover. That leads to Francine taking him down and giving him the Bronco Buster, Dawn is now for the CATFIGHT! Spot but Dreamer puts a stop to that as he grabs Dawn by the hair and kills her with a piledriver but Lance is up, he hits Dreamer in the head with the can and puts it on top of his head before coming off the top with a spinkick for the win. Post-match: Storm carries Dawn to the back as Francine checks on Dreamer. Match was normal ECW brawl, not much selling good violent stuff but not over the top thankfully. **1/2

Backstage: The Dudley Boyz still have the list, Jack Victory is next. Bubba says he's their boy, and he was with them in New Orleans when they broke Beulah's neck. D-Von opens the envelope and says there's five grand here. Bubba says poor Jack Victory is dead man as he begins to laugh. They find Jack Victory in the bathroom as D-Von pretends he needs to take a shit to get him out, Jack tells them they had a great match earlier on he loved what they did to Taz. He hugs D-Von and D-Von says he's next, and Bubba hits him in the back with a chair. They beat on his bad leg. Bubba yells that cash rules everything around them and says there's not a man in the damn world that can stand up to the Dudley Boyz.

Backstage: Taz is pissed with a ice pack on his neck, he tells them he’s gonna be the one that takes them out tonight. Tonight they’re going down, and they messed with the wrong man.

ECW World Television Championship: Jerry Lynn vs. Rob Van Dam (w/Bill Alfonso)
DAMN these WWE Network versions, RVD doesn’t have walk and has the 2nd worse generic theme of all time, behind Taker’s 2000/2001 one they dud over instead of “Rollin’” They start off with some solid mat wrestling, it had some sloppy moments but once they got into “the counter for counter cause I know what you wanna do cause I’ve seen it a million times” bit was cool, HOLY SHIT! RVD’s pandering, stalling and crowd suckin’ up is the worse. He’s like that kid in the group that is always looking for acceptance when he does anything that the leader thinks is cool. Oh great more sloppy counter for counter stuff before stalling, way to kill time guys. Thankfully during that sequence RVD’s eve gets busted open so he attempt in his own way to get aggressive but it back fires as Lynn hits him with a springboard drockkick to the floor and follows up with a dive, as RVD gets back in Lynn nails him with another dropkick and legdrop off the middle rope for two. He then hits RVD with a bulldog off the middle rope for two before heading up top again but Alfonse crotches him but RVD misses the springboard side kick into the chair but manages to hit it the 2nd time without the chair sending Lynn to the floor. Wait so RVD spends about a minute trying to get Lynn back in the ring but as soon as he rolls him in he whips him into the rails sending Lynn to the crowd. RVD follows up with a dive but Lynn would comeback by dropkicking him back to ringside, both men start going for big moves but again everything gets counters so neither man can do a move or even connect with a move after about the 4th counter. Lynn does manage to hit a sunset powerbomb for two before he heads to the floor to grab a table. He sets it up on the floor, as both men fight on the floor. RVD would hit a modified side kick with the chair as Lynn is in the crowd which was cool. Oh great, more counters as the fight on top as they try to fight over whose gonna send the other through the set up table but instead RVD backdrops Lynn through the time keepers table. He sends Lynn into the rails again before dropping him ribs first on hit, he would connect with the corkscrew legdrop before sending Lynn back in the ring for two. RVD just did one of the flashiest, gayest stupidest things ever. So Alfonso rolled a chair into the ring and instead of simply dropkicking the chair into his face RVD picks up the chair backfips off the middle rope just to pick up the chair and dropkick it into his face :lmao this fuckin’ match. Lynn would fright him off and attempt to tornado DDT him through that already set up table but RVD would counter and clothesline him back in for two. They fight on the apron, with Lynn finally able to break that table by powerbombing him through it. He rolls RVD back in and covers for two, they do a counter for counter stuff with a chair that resorts to Lynn throwing a chair in Alfonso’s face and German Suplexing RVD for two. RVD does manage to stop Lynn from going up top as they botch something on top and both men fall to the match :lmao this fuckin’ match. Lynn dropkicks a chair into RVD’s face for two, before they go into a sequence of “nearfalls” that had to have been the sloppiest I’ve ever seen. RVD connects with the split leg and attempts the Five Star and hits, but he’s too worn out which allows Lynn to roll him up for two. The match would end when RVD would hit the Van Daminator and connects with the 2nd Five Star Frog splash of the match for the win. Post-Match: Rob Van Dam shows Lynn respect by giving him a high five, he’s so cool. As for the match, fuck it. I understand telling a story of I know what you do but I’ve got a counter for that, and the other guy is like well I got a counter for your counter from my move and so on. This also had some sloppy shit and terrible spots not to mention the placement of rolling pins was hilarious bad and in a wrong place. I did like the final 2 minutes tho, man these matches haven’t aged well at all. **1/2 - **3/4

Backstage: The Dudleyz can’t believe the nerve of Taz, talking shit about them. Bubba accepts Taz's challenge, and it's gonna be 2 on 1, and they're gonna share the World Heavyweight Title. Big Dick Dudley brings them Chris Chetti, and Bubba says Taz doesn't give a shit about his cousin. D-Von says he doesn't either and gives him a sick fuckin’ punch that pisses Bubba off more. Bubba begins to kill the kid shouting at him he broke his brother hand and he’s gonna kill him :lmao He then shouts FUCK YOUR WORLD!

Joey Styles says that Shane Douglas is no longer with ECW so the scheduled match between Credible/Douglas will not happen, and it's doubtful that he'll ever be back in ECW.

Justin Credible comes out with Jason and Jazz, Justin gets on the mic and says e has one thing to say to the millions of loyal Justin Credible fans and says he's the guy that grounded Great Sasuke, who caned The Sandman out of ECW and took the name of Hardcore Icon, and he broke the ankle of that has-been Shane Douglas in his hometown. He says he's a one man crime spree and he's guiltier than OJ and there's no justice system that can stop him :lmao AND JUDGE JEFF JONES COMES OUT SAYING THE JUSTICE SYSTEM CAN'T CONVICT HIM, BUT JUDGE JEFF JONES CAN, AND FOR HIS ACTIONS AGAINST ECW, HE'S BEEN FIND GUILTY AS CHARGED, AND HE'S SENTENCED TO DEATH BY...THE MAN!

Sid vs. Justin Credible (w/ Jason & Jazz)
Sid beats the shit out of Justin and Jason for two minutes before Lance Storm runs down and attacks Sid for the DQ. DQ’s in ECW GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE! Pos-Match: Sid chokeslams Lance, but Justin throws powder in his eye and the impact Playaz attack him, it’s 2 on 1 and they weaken Sid down quite a bit. They put him onto a table on the stage, but Sabu comes out and makes the fuckin’ save. He beats them both up as he place them both on the table as he goes for the triple jump legdrop but at the last minute Lance pulls Justin off the table and Sabu legdrops Sid through the table. Security rushes after Sabu who's seemingly still supposed to be banned but Sabu runs off after the Impact Players. Back in the ring, Judge Jeff Jones is flipping out as Sid gets back up. Sid asks where he was and Jones tries to apologize, but instead, Sid kills him with three powerbombs.

ECW World Heavyweight Championship: Taz vs. Bubba Ray Dudley (w/Sign Guy Dudley)
lol Bubba looks so depressed that D-von isn’t in this match with him, he gets on the mic and says D-Von was about to take the title from Taz but just a short while ago, they beat the living shit out of Taz’s own cousin and while that was going on D-Von managed to break his hand on his skull so it looks like they get to see him the next ECW World Champion. Taz throws Bubba around for a bit before he grabs the mic and tells Bubba and the crowd that this is now FTW rules. Sign gug Dudley has a sign that says FUCK TAZ’S WORLD on it :lmao Bubba jumps Taz and begins to beat on him for a bit before they begin to brawl up the ramp with Taz hitting Bubba with a FTW sign, he throws him over the top as they begin to brawl in the fans and around the arena that takes up 5+ minutes, smart cause no one wants to see these two attempt to wrestle for 15-20 minutes. TAZZ TOSSES SALAD! Sign :lmao Once they do make it back in the ring, Taz is busted open pretty bad as Bubba has Taz’s own blood all over his own face. Taz manages to suplex Bubba of the top but D-Von comes in and uses his other non broken hand to invert DDT Taz for two. Bubba sets up two tables one in each side of the corner as Taz wipes the blood out of his eye. Taz is pissed and he yells at Bubba to hit him which only pisses him off, the ref tries to break it up but they throw him through the table :lmao out of desperation Bubba hits a powerbomb for two. They go for the inverted 3D so D-Von can use his one arm, but Taz shoves Bubba off and hits D-Von with a DDT and T-Bones Buba though the other for two. Taz would later apply the Tazmission and Bubba taps out. Fun brawl that covered up that no one wanted to see these two wrestle and we just wanted a fight. **1/2 - **3/4

2DCcMUu.gif

Reactions: Kiffy Lube

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Hated the fact that almost every match had to have some sort of run-in. Taka being on that PPV shows that WWE was working hand in hand with them and Tommy Dreamer not knowing that shows he is not very bright, or just a giant mark.

Also no New Jack fuck this show.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Sounds a pretty good show to me. Would say this is when ECW was peaking and the decline stated soon afterwards. Lynn/RVD series was great!

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
No ECW's peak was in 95-98.....after that it was downhill.

And I never understood why the fuck Jack Victory was so prominent in ECW during 99-00. Maybe because he was friends with Paul, but the guy was the drizzling shits.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Don't agree. Actually, not a big ECW fan, but I give them credit for working to a nitch audience and coming up with some unique characters/concepts. I just think they ran out of original ideas post-99, and of course starting to lose some of their top games, not to mention Paul E.'s dodgy business sense.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Lynn/RVD hasn't aged well at all
Agreed, kind of loses it's luster when you've seen a million matches copy the exact routine for the past 15 years.

Don't agree. Actually, not a big ECW fan, but I give them credit for working to a nitch audience and coming up with some unique characters/concepts. I just think they ran out of original ideas post-99, and of course starting to lose some of their top games, not to mention Paul E.'s dodgy business sense.
Outside of Raven, Public Enemy and maybe Dreamer, most of the guys were already those characters. Paul just had the good sense never to show their matches as a whole and just edit it to only showcase the spots and not the 10 minutes it took for the spot to happen.

I was a big ECW fan, but as I grew up,the more I realized just how shitty it was.

And Francine was ugly and had an annoying voice.....Dawn Marie on the otherhand
8c24b553_vince-vaughn-motorboat.gif

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I'm telling you i can't remember a ECW show from top to bottom that i actually enjoyed

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Simon Diamond really overachieved for a little while.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The match now looks shit, because there are a million like it argument doesn't work for me. If guys were doing a certain match before everyone else then it makes their match unique, if you consider it a good match even more so.

Another thing ECW doesn't get credit for is introducing talent like Benoit, Saturn and Taka to American audiences and getting their big breaks with the big companies. It served as an effective feeder division for the big leagues just as indies did in the 80s, and just like ROH has done more recently.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think ECW really peaked product-wise around '95 because that was before their good talent all left for WCW. Once they got to PPVS it was just one decent or bad show after another with a couple good ones in there and Heat Wave '98' being pretty great.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
This destroys the theory that drunk people don't always remember what there thoughts are.