ECW goes "Sci Fi", CONAN HOST RAW?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TK.GFX

Reaction score
ECW goes "Sci Fi", CONAN TO HOST RAW?

-- Backstage talk persists that WWE and SyFy are expected to overhaul the weekly ECW series. No specific ideas have been passed around, but some say SyFy has begun re-pushing its original idea of incorporating science
fiction/alternative elements into the wrestling broadcast.

Regardless of the specific direction chosen, many still believe the ECW name and identity will ultimately be dropped.

Lol.

I'm sure everyone remembers how awesome "The Zombie" was.

But, more importantly:
-- With Conan O'Brien red hot in the entertainment community yet contractually unable to begin a new series until September, he will presumably look for opportunities to keep his momentum going.

WWE is hoping that could translate into interest in hosting its weekly RAW program, as creative has reportedly tossed around the idea of trying to score O'Brien as a guest host.

There is no word on whether he would even consider the role, but the publicity and intrigue he would bring is exactly why WWE initially incorporated the guest hosting concept.
Source - Lordsofpain.com

Please, WWE, make it happen!

imjerel

Reaction score
without any hardcore matches ECW has lost its purpose and name, but not sure abt wrestling should go science-fictiony though, sounds funny..

Axis

The Zombie would have been way more awesome if his moveset had consisted of the Three Amigos, Banzai Drop, Crippler Crossface, Perfect-Plex, etc.

imjerel

Reaction score
The Zombie would have been way more awesome if his moveset had consisted of the Three Amigos, Banzai Drop, Crippler Crossface, Perfect-Plex, etc.

loL! true to that..

noumenon

Incorporating sci-fi...lmao.

COCO ON RAW FTW!!! He'd fuckin tower over most of the roster.

Reaction score
Just when ECW was getting good, They ruin it.. :smh

Conan on RAW, would totally have me watching the show.. Not much hosts can make as much impact Conan can, Not to mention it's gonna benefit both the WWE and Coco..

noumenon

Seriously, I would not dispute Conan hosting the show at all. And it would without a doubt be their biggest and most easily recognizable host to date, definitely bring both of them some nice press.

This Guy

Conan hosting Raw would be good if they made sure to advertise it properly and in as many places as possible, I'm betting they could actually set a ratings record, however I have a feeling that it can't happen anyways. The way I read the reports for Conan to leave the Tonight Show to get the money he is not allowed to "Host" a TV Show for 7 months. I wouldn't put it past NBC to consider this a Hosting gig. Also USA Network is owned by NBC, so I'm thinking there could be some preasure from the excutives to not allow it. But who knows.

As for the ECW part of the story, I'm doubting that too. Part of the reason Sci-Fi changed there lettering was because they wanted to steer a little bit away from Science Fiction themselves, it seems odd that they would then want a wrestling program to steer back into it.

Great One

Omg, Conan hosting would be fucking amazing. Holy shit, never even thought about it. Make it happen.

xtremebadass

Thumbs down to the Zombie.

Thumbs up to Conan.

Conan would be a perfect host for Raw, unlike past few guest hosts this guy is an entertainer, not an actor. It's easy to be entertaining when actors read from scripts, but Conan is a natural entertainer even though the dude read most of his stuff from cue cards. He stills is funny by nature.

Airfixx

LOL... I have no idea who this Conan dude is.

Limeys... pfffffff :shifty:

without any hardcore matches ECW has lost its purpose

Yaaaawn. You're years too late on that shit.

I'd stick with Cena-hate... That boat may just sail again at some point.

straight_edge76

Conan=Epic.

On the ECW topic wasn't that the original idea that the network had? To have sciene fiction themed characters on the show? Anybody remember a dude named Kevin Thorne?

This Guy

Yeah but Thorne with Arial was bad ass. But then Batista got Ariel fired (probably because she wouldn't ride his cock) and then the WWE dropped his bad ass vampire look and he lost all steam.

iamironman

Reaction score
whos to bet the zombie comes in at #30 and wins the rumble? LOL

(and to the one who asked who conan was hes the guy they tried to rplace leno with but it all went to sht networks fualt tohugh not his)