ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW ECW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
Talk about all your favorite ECW moments,wrestlers,& matches here.

AF.

Reaction score
^ Shh.

I never watched wrestling back when ECW was around. It was probably a fantastic time to be a wrestling fan with WWE, WCW and ECW all in their prime. My favourite ECW match from what I've seen is RVD vs. Jerry Lynn from Living Dangerously. Haven't really seen much ECW outside of what's on RVD's DVD. If ECW never resurfaced in 2006 I probably wouldn't have a clue what it was.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
These are some of my favorite moments:

Rhino/Sandman feud over the TV title in 2000. Rhino also pile-driving Sandman's ex-wife Lori Fullington through tables made me mark even more. RVD/Jerry Lynn their matches were classics. Raven's debut and his feud with Dreamer. You've also got the Sandman/Dreamer feud, where Sandman fooled everyone into thinking he was going to retire. Douglas throwing down the NWA title. Corino/Dusty Rhodes. Cyrus (who can forget him?) You've also got the Dudley's going out and trying to cause riots with the fans. Sinister Minister was awesome too. Austin in ECW. The lucha matches between Rey and Juvi before they went to WCW. Francine turning her back on Tommy Dreamer at Cyberslam 2000 and aligning herself with Justin Credible. And finally the BWO.

Reactions: 1 person

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
The Mysterio/Psicosis matches were always fun and so were the Mysterio/Juventud Guerrera, Can't go wrong with Lynn/RVD cause i'm a sucker for "He knows my moves so he counters those, but i have a counter for his counter" and so on). The Raven/Dreamer feud :mark: and Raven/Sandman :mark::mark: Foley also had some KILLA promos in ECW and that's when i became a fan. But my favorite moments of ECW were of course the Austin promos GOD THESE WERE GOOD.

FUCK I ALMOST FORGOT THE EDDIE/DEAN MATCHES THAT ECW HAD. PURE SEX!

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
This is a bit to general in my opinion like it's trying to be the only ECW post on the forum which is just silly.
Well if you put it that way it does seem like that. But its not.

My favorite ECW Matches: RVD vs Bam Bam Bigelow - I liked this match because when I was younger I was a HUGE Rvd fan. I actually used to think he was like a huge legend or something. But the dives into the crowd just made that match something great to watch.
Chicago Street Fight the Dudleyz vs Spike Dudley and Balls Mahoney- I always liked this match. I found it on the internet a while back and it was just full of surprises. If you haven't watched this match and your considering it then I won't spoil it but, I will say that it is HARDCORE.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Being from just outside Philly, I had the opportunity to attend several live ECW shows.... My first was at a place called the LULU Temple (which was a church of sorts) The highlights were a "Lionheart" Chris Jericho vs. Pitbull #2 match where the Pitbull was busted open and Jericho rubbed his bloody face all over the walls of the church and Stevie and the Meanie came out with Raven dressed as German soldiers. Stevie was Baron Von Stevie and attempted to put the iron claw on several wrestlers.... I was also at the first ECW pay per view: Barely Legal, I was 17 years old and let me tell you everything you've heard about "the bingo hall" in South Philly is true. That place was literally a bingo hall in a super shady part of town and i was scared shitless walking around waiting for the doors to open. Got pics taken with just about everyone as most of the wrestlers were outside talking to fans before the show. Show was amazing, wish I could do it again

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
And ECW show in a church :lmao

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Raven/Dreamer feud, Raven/Sandman, Dreamer/Sandman when Sandman caned the mess out of Dreamer. That was intense. Sabu in barbwire - enough said. RVD/Jerry Lynn. I mean there is just so much about ECW that was just... amazing.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
Being from just outside Philly, I had the opportunity to attend several live ECW shows.... My first was at a place called the LULU Temple (which was a church of sorts) The highlights were a "Lionheart" Chris Jericho vs. Pitbull #2 match where the Pitbull was busted open and Jericho rubbed his bloody face all over the walls of the church and Stevie and the Meanie came out with Raven dressed as German soldiers. Stevie was Baron Von Stevie and attempted to put the iron claw on several wrestlers.... I was also at the first ECW pay per view: Barely Legal, I was 17 years old and let me tell you everything you've heard about "the bingo hall" in South Philly is true. That place was literally a bingo hall in a super shady part of town and i was scared shitless walking around waiting for the doors to open. Got pics taken with just about everyone as most of the wrestlers were outside talking to fans before the show. Show was amazing, wish I could do it again
That sounds like a great experience. I would of loved to be at a live ECW event.

These are some of my favorite moments:

Rhino/Sandman feud over the TV title in 2000. Rhino also pile-driving Sandman's ex-wife Lori Fullington through tables made me mark even more. RVD/Jerry Lynn their matches were classics. Raven's debut and his feud with Dreamer. You've also got the Sandman/Dreamer feud, where Sandman fooled everyone into thinking he was going to retire. Douglas throwing down the NWA title. Corino/Dusty Rhodes. Cyrus (who can forget him?) You've also got the Dudley's going out and trying to cause riots with the fans. Sinister Minister was awesome too. Austin in ECW. The lucha matches between Rey and Juvi before they went to WCW. Francine turning her back on Tommy Dreamer at Cyberslam 2000 and aligning herself with Justin Credible. And finally the BWO.
May I ask what or who the BWO is?

Last edited by a moderator:

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
And ECW show in a church :lmao

yeah man I could be wrong (it was like 17 years ago) but it was this round room and the ring was in the middle and there was like 6 rows of chairs and then standing room behind that... They let you bring in street signs and chains and basically anything you wanted the wrestlers to use on one another it was great!

That sounds like a great experience. I would of loved to be at a live ECW event.

It was, it REALLY was.... Me and my brother probably went to 10-12 shows over like 5-6 years, we got to know a bunch of other "regulars" and they would sneak us to the front of the line (cause seats were all the same price and you picked where you sat) I'll try to find some clips of my scrawny ass in the crowd...

Stevie Richards (Big Stevie Cool), Blue Meanie (The Blue Guy), Super Nova (Hollywood Nova)... Stevie Richards and Blue Meanie used to do parody promos for years and when the NWO came out they started doing this and it stuck

Last edited by a moderator:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

[video=youtube;3T748KHq5vQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T748KHq5vQ[/video]

[video=youtube;aMEUt9NQMsw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMEUt9NQMsw&feature=related[/video]

How do you make a ECW thread and not know of the BWO, SHAME ON YOU.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Bill Alfonso v. Beullah McGuilicutty
Eddie Guererro/Taz(maniac?) v. Dean Malenko/Chris Benoit

Each of those matches showcase the very best of what ECW had to offer, one very bloody, violent match, and one very technical, fast paced tag team match.

Although I cant think of my favorite matches, shoutout must go to:

The Eliminators
Public Enemy
The Dudley Family
Mickey Whipwreck
Sabu & Taz's entire feud

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
My favourite shit, Tommy Dreamer vs CW Anderson, I Quit match.

Also any promo by Joel Gertner.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
[video=youtube;3T748KHq5vQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T748KHq5vQ[/video]

[video=youtube;aMEUt9NQMsw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMEUt9NQMsw&feature=related[/video]

How do you make a ECW thread and not know of the BWO, SHAME ON YOU.
I mostly made it to learn more about the Hardcore ECW. I have been finding videos of some of the matches listed in this thread.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
My favourite shit, Tommy Dreamer vs CW Anderson, I Quit match.

Also any promo by Joel Gertner.

Joel Gertner was fucking hilarious. I loved that guy.