Earth Hour 2009

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C4

00uuj8zwn2t8xb1glpa.jpg

Millions of people are joining together, and turning off their lights to help make a difference and raise awareness about the issue of Global Warming. VOTE Earth by simply switching off your lights for one hour, and join the world for Earth Hour!

[YT]1CRs-7lRlPo[/YT]

Saturday, March 28, 8:30-9:30pm.

(check time zone on the site mentioned below)

Around 930 cities and towns in 80 countries have already committed to VOTE EARTH for Earth Hour 2009, as part of the world's first global election between Earth and Global Warming. The Global wave of participation will gather momentum throughout the world with major cities such as Sydney, Seoul, Beijing, Hong Kong, Phoenix, Kuala Lumpur, Lahore, Manila, New York, Singapore, Bangkok, Karachi, Chicago, Jakarta, Cape Town, Mumbai, Canberra, San Francisco, Delhi and lots more dimming the lights as millions flick the switch to express their concern for the planet.

For more details check this website and see what you can do to help;
http://www.earthhour.org/

Landmarks & Icons committed to Earth Hour 2009 (as at 17/2/09):

1. Eiffel Tower (Paris)
2. Christ the Redeemer (Rio de Janeiro)
3. Sydney Opera House (Sydney)
4. CN Tower (Toronto)
5. Table Mountain (Cape Town)
6. Merlion (Singapore)
7. Adia Building (Abu Dhabi) – Abu Dhabi’s tallest building
8. Burj Dubai (Dubai) – World’s tallest unconstructed building
10. Burj al Arab (Dubai) – iconic 6-star hotel
11. Millennium Stadium (Cardiff)
12. Quirinale (Rome) - Presidential residence
13. Atomium (Brussels)
14. National University (Singapore)
15. Sky Tower (Auckland)
16. Auckland Harbour Bridge (Auckland)
17. Helsinki Cathedral (Helsinki)

YOUR LIGHT SWITCH IS YOUR VOTE!

C4

I'm surprised to know that it all began in Australia with the residents of Sydney switching off their lights for one hour. According to the resources, around 2.2 Million people switched off their lights in Sydney.

Isn't that amazing?
:shock:

[YT]zd1BsNvEXqo[/YT]

And wouldn't it be fantastic if the entire world does this and we capture a satellite image of the 'dark' earth? I can't wait to switch off my lights! :D

Jay Swagger

Reaction score
I'll be playing video games around that time, don't think I can turn my lights off. My bad....

Christian

Reaction score
Since no landmarks of "Earth Hour" are in America, I will boycott this and keep my light switch on for the whole hour.

Evil Austin

^ Ill probably do the same; it's not like it will do anything one freaking hour. Even if the whole world turned everything off for one hour what is it going to do? It's just going to take more power and nature thingies to start up the generators once again.

noumenon

Should make it exceedingly easy to rob people in these areas during that time if nothing else....

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

Nobody does this shit. Remember Earth Hour 2008?

I'm only talking for America here. Basically only New York, and California did it.

Everybody else tried, but it was shit. I remember hearing about it on teh newz

They don't advertise stuff like this outside of the mainstream cities, and popular states. The majority don't know what the fuck Earth Day is, or when it is. They're to lazy to read the news paper. They probably change the channel when they talk about something called Earth Day on the news.

C4

Nobody does this shit. Remember Earth Hour 2008?

Yes, it was pretty much successful, even in America.

New York's Times Square did it, what else do you guys want?

I'm only talking for America here. Basically only New York, and California did it.

Everybody else tried, but it was shit. I remember hearing about it on teh newz

That's the bad news, the others could have done it as well but they weren't aware of the 'Earth Hour'.

^ Ill probably do the same; it's not like it will do anything one freaking hour. Even if the whole world turned everything off for one hour what is it going to do? It's just going to take more power and nature thingies to start up the generators once again.

You have no idea how useful this will be for our planet.

They don't advertise stuff like this outside of the mainstream cities, and popular states. The majority don't know what the fuck Earth Day is, or when it is. They're to lazy to read the news paper. They probably change the channel when they talk about something called Earth Day on the news.

EXACTLY.

We need to change our society, change the mindsets of people and make them understand what exactly this does, how it helps our planet...

We have to become the change that we want to see.

Moonlight Drive

I'm turning every power point and electrical contraption in my house on.