Early Rumors For WrestleMania 24

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

I won't even go into depth to comment on these, but I'll say now 2/3 of those matches aren't WM worthy.

What?!? All three of them are imo. Edge vs Taker would be huge. It could be argued, that technically edge did win the Mitb contract, thus changing the result of MITB. Cena vs HHH II would be big, although i would think HHH would get his shot before mania. HBK vs Orton; would probably be a great match.

I'll go out on a limb with some odd ball predictions (The draft will probably change this)

WWE Championship

Cena vs Punk

World

Taker vs Edge

ECW

Corvon vs Burke

HHH vs HBK

Leaving Flair, Beniot, ORton, Kennedy, MVP, Umaga, Carlito Mysterio, Nitro, for the undercard.

I think Mysterio vs MVP would be a awesome matchup too. Look out for that one.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Those are nothing but educated guesses. Hell, I predicted Edge/Taker and I'm not even a "wrestling insider".

Great One

What?!? All three of them are imo. Edge vs Taker would be huge. It could be argued, that technically edge did win the Mitb contract, thus changing the result of MITB. Cena vs HHH II would be big, although i would think HHH would get his shot before mania. HBK vs Orton; would probably be a great match.
Ok, do we really want to see the same 2 guys in the main event repeat their match even though they've main evented the past, what 6+ WMs altogether, I'm sorry but it's REALLY repetitive, let's let some other guys shine, Cena and HHH aren't going to be around forever. Yeah, HBK vs. Orton would be a BRILLIANT match don't get me wrong, but I sure hope it would, seeing how they've faced each other 30 times now and this would be their, what? 4th feud? WM is about unique and long lasting match ups in my eyes, both of those are over repetitive crap, although they could deliver in the match, the prestige isn't there. Edge vs. Undertaker on the other hand, is a classic, regardless if Edge 'officially' lost or not, it should be played off like he hasn't therefore making the match between the two much more prestigious.

Edge_Foreva

Reaction score
So far I am liking Edge vs Taker and HBK vs Orton. But who wins the WHC match, Taker will probably have to keep his streak so will we see another reign by Undertaker, I don't really see that happening although it's possible.

Cena vs HHH will be the same as WM 22. You will see HHH job to Cena again and see him as WWE Champion for another year. Also in the finish you will see HHH tap to the STFU.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Edge vs. Undertaker is not only one of my dream matches, but Edge's as well......go figure. They can easily pull this off since both men should have enough feuds to hold them off until WM (Undertaker will probably go into a feud with Mark Henry first).

Cena vs HHH and Orton vs. HBK. Shawn Michaels is set to return around November....I say they try to set up the first match at Survivor Series and blow it off at Royal Rumble. In the mean time HHH and Cena could feud again. Then we could have Orton win the Rumble (since Taker winning it 2 years in a row would seem odd) and let Orton face Cena at WM.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I think those "predictions" are bullshit anyway. Where are Lashley, Batista, Mysterio, and Kennedy? This is a plain case of internet "writers" getting too full of themselves and thinking they know more than they actually do.

wwe_fanatic

Reaction score
Good point made Keaton.

Kennedy is obviously gonna be in the main event because why did he win the MITB? The WWE only took it off him cos of his injury so those predictions are bullshit as you said.

Just thought I'd post it see what you lot make of them and you sure made you points!

C4

That's a Wrestlemania 24 Card? Dude, where is Mr.Kennedy? I heard he was the big man coming into 2008, it's the same old boring card with Taker and Shawn, DAMN

3lions

Reaction score
They are only ideas. Nothing's concrete. No need to get ya knickers in a twist.

Reaction score
Cena/Lashley (he's always on Raw, might as well become a full timer there, it makes sense) in another face vs. face match up. Trips/Cena would be bo-ring because rematch doesn't scream WM main event and these guys aren't Rock or Austin.
Cena/Kennedy (if they want to put Kennedy over again with a Rumble victory)
Cena really needs to go into this Wrestlemania as the challenger, seriously. But those are better main events than a rehash.
HHH/Kennedy, HBK/Kennedy, HBK/MVP, HBK/Benoit (mmmm...)HHH/Lashley HHH/Orton (theres alot of untapped stuff between them) and well you get the idea.