Early reviews are in for X-Men: Apocalypse

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
All is revealed. After watching Stardom Gold, writing a review on the show and now seeing this movie I'm pooped out.

You know these X-Men movies over the years have always been about Xavier vs Magneto creedo. Xavier wanting Mutants and Humans to be together in peace, and Magneto wanting the total opposite. It just so happens Apocalypse is apart of the problem, wanting to destroy everything and start over or should I say purify the world. When it comes to Apocalypse I can't remember in the Comics, but I think he was born with his powers already? In this film, he stole the powers from another person or should I say the former Apocalypse. Now he's scary to look at, but the way he got his Four Horsemen together was just ugh. I mean c'mon Storm uses her powers in the open, and he thinks to himself ohhh I need that girl. Granted his ability to enhance someone's power is dope, but why would Storm, Angel want to destroy the world? Angel is misguided yes, but he sure isn't wanting to kill everyone in the world. As for Psylocke, yeah she had her moments, but honestly she served no purpose in this film besides being a pawn for Apocalypse. You see their was a end game I could see for Angel[yeah he died I'll get on that in a moment]Storm joining the X-Men, but for her where does she go. Hey..hey Psylocke thanks for coming tip your Waiter.

The death of Havoc was just done with no respect to the character or Actor at all. You never see a body at all, after he saves Charles from being controlled by Apocalypse, and he dies just like that. Oh well, I wonder how he died in the Comics, would of loved to see two brothers together in the X-Men.

Speaking about those scenes at the Xavier School, Quicksilver fucking owned in this movie. Two in a row for him, he came in saved everyone with the 80's gear, moonwalking and everything he's just awesome! Only part I hated is him not telling Magneto he's his son, one day like he said unless he dies. After Charles is taken, Mystique needs to be the leader and honestly people talked about she phoned it in for this flick, not wanting to do the X-Men movies anymore, but from what I saw I saw none of that. She came off as a true leader, motivating the young X-Men into battle against one of the greatest Mutants of all time.

Let's not forget the cameo of Wolverine in this movie, Weapon Fucking X Wolverine killing Stryker's men with ease. When I saw Wolverine looking like he was looking, I thought about the Marvel Action Figure I had as a kid, to where he was the same outfit. I have a problem with this though, how did Weapon X still happen if Mystique at the end of Days of Future's past, is on the boat disguised as Stryker? This would mean he would of never been tortured like the old timeline, so theirs a hole there Singer.

When it came to the new young bucks Mutants like Nightcrawler, Storm, Cyclops, Jean, all had their moments but Jean and Cyclops really came off well in this movie. Jean especially, she felt like the Jean Grey from the first set of movies from Singer. Cyclops as the movie became a leader as well, going against Apocalypse even though, he had no chance to beat him on his own. Hopefully Cyclops is used better than him being treated like trashed in the first three movies. I think Singer will right the wrongs with the character this time around I have faith.

It was a stealth mission to save Charles that hit the fan really quickly, I mean duh Apocalypse knew you all where coming, and he came close to destroying the world. I guess we found out how Charles became a baldie, the transfer of powers with Apocalypse and him nearly happened, and at the last moment it was stopped. You know I had a problem with the death of Angel, you telling me he couldn't of been saved and join the X-Men like the Comics? I know he's Archangel, but in the Comics even after that he came back to the X-Men right? Okay not to the monkey in the room, and it's the death of Apocalypse. Yeah it was great seeing Jean unleash her Phoenix powers, but she did really need to strip him of his powers and kill him? You kill off a guy that is a true villain, and where do you go from that? All we see a Mystique starting training with the X-Men and the Sentinels like in the Comics, but where do you go from this at all? I thought Apocalpyse would survive and he would be killed off in the next film. Honestly, I don't want to see another X-Men film outside of Wolverine's last run, for like 4-5 years. I don't think this movie beats out Days of Future's past, or First Class, it's okay, but it has alot of holes and problems that should of happened with a rookie guy in charge, not a veteran like Singer. 7 outta 10!

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Seeing this tomorrow, not overly excited due to some of the feedback I've been hearing but I'll try & keep an open mind nonetheless.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Watched it last night. Gotta love torrents. Anyway, it wasn't great. It wasn't completely terrible but on par with what I've been hearing.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
This is no where near as bad as people have made it out to be.

Perfectly acceptable movie, waaaaaay better than Last Stand & Origins but not amongst the best X-Men films (X-Men 2, First Class, The Wolverine)

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
This is no where near as bad as people have made it out to be.

Perfectly acceptable movie, waaaaaay better than Last Stand & Origins but not amongst the best X-Men films (X-Men 2, First Class, The Wolverine)

They could've put a big steaming pile of shit on the screen for two hours and it would've been better than Origins.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I'll watch this later on a free movie website and give my thoughts. I'm keeping an open mind as well.

Drew

Reaction score
Comic book movie. I'll see it.

Never pay attention to critics with movies like these. I'm actually surprised they give some movies high scores.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Movie was good not great. Definitely deserved some of the negative reviews. I liked it cause I'm a comic book movie mark so it's hard to not please me but I can see why some didn't like it. The movie was very slow and a lot of characters were underdeveloped but I thought the overall product was worth it. To each their own I guess.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I bought tickets for this a couple of days ago for tonight. I think I'm still planning to go. I'm keeping an open mind that it surprises me. I'll let you know.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
olivia-munn-o.gif

Watching just for her.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
olivia-munn-o.gif

Watching just for her.

As you should. She fills out the outfit very well.

The movie itself was average. I too question where do you go from here. I liked the casting; Fassbender always does an excellent job as Magneto while the additions of young Scott Summers and Jean Grey were amazing.

Drew

Reaction score
I liked it. Easily the 3rd best in the franchise after DoFP and X2 for me.

Some flaws...but worth the watch.

Wonder where they go from here.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
How do you wonder where they go? They have a whole new team of x men.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk

Drew

Reaction score
That and I wonder who we'll see back.

Fassbender and Lawrence have been rumored to be done with the franchise. Hard to see Xmen without Magneto in the works.

I'm pretty sure Xavier will be back...but what about beast?

I've heard they're going to explore the Phoenix arc, which should be obvious, but is singer done too?

Lots of interesting options.