D'Z watched Raw, and posted his thoughts ITT as he did so

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Whatever you want to think man. I got off work, came home, and watched Raw while posting about what I saw. What part of the show do you think I should have enjoyed that I didn't? Did you read what I posted or just the final rating? I enjoyed parts of the show but can't get on board with Big Show, Cena, and Sheamus being as lame as they were which seriously detracted from my final rating. Cena's soliloquy, Sheamus coming out to interrupt DZ/ADR, Big Show being a fat turd, the stupid match stip between ADR/DZ, just bad booking took away from the show for me. I can't help that the show is being based around two things that I hate: Show/Cena and the love square.

Looking back over it the only parts I enjoyed were DZ/ADR segment and match (before the clipboard came down, then it was corny + Sheamus ruined it) Sid, which was awesome, and the bikini s***. If you think I'm feinting hate, more power to you. Not sure what I can do to convince you otherwise, or why I should even try. I know I kid around and it's probably hard to take me seriously, but trust me, I am not hating for the sake of hating. This is just how I felt about the show.

For bits I thought you would have enjoyed if you had an open mind towards RAW - I would say the Punk/Bryan/Kane storyline. Whether you like AJ's involvement or not it's a relatively unique storyline where we've seen some comedic moments and some relatively awesome moments. No one knew 100% that Punk was retaining at NWO, isn't that what we want? That feud has been great thus far, Bryan has eben put over by Punk lovely, Kane is now out of the storyline completely (A+ from me), AJ looks like she won't be getting involved any more (A+), imo that whole feud was for once booked to perfection.

ADR/Ziggler was entertaining, I would rather watch a match that at least meant something (which it did) where the crowd were really into it than some uselses crap like we got with Santino and Swagger. The match stipulation took away from a potential great match but it didn't ruin it, it was unique and understandable stipulation. Sheamus coming out and announcing the SD match just made the whole segment feel pointless, but up to Sheamful's intro I thought it was really good. They're giving Ziggler matches which mean something in the SD main event, it's getting Ziggler over (as you can hear from lets go ziggler chants) and is giving him the slow push we all want him to receive. This is how we all say stars should be booked, slowly, from the bottom, then they get over. If Ziggler was shoved into the ME, he'd get ADR style reactions.

Jericho interrupting Cena and making him look like the idiot he is atm. He said what we all want to say to Cena - he's not funny, he appeals to the kids and always gets given the opportunities and expects them. Plus, any Jericho segment where he looks like a boss is a positive for me. Cena needs to be in the MITB match to draw tickets, otherwise it's Cena/Show again, if you look at it from that point what would you prefer? With Ziggler busy in the SD scene getting his slow push (whether he loses or not) there's no one on RAW ready to take the MITB (Barret's injured, Cody's on SD and Miz is filming), so this was smart.

We got awesome Slater mic time again, Sycho Sid returned. Overall there was quite a few positives which should equal positive ratings. The whole show wasn't based around Cena/Show, a lot of it was I agree. But Brodus/Show was a match where I was personally interested as I thought we'd see serious Brodus - we didn't - but either way it was a match that made sense. If it was Henry in Big Show's boots, I'd be marking out at him destroying Brodus again.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Jericho was good, I'll give you that, but the segment all things considered was average since you had to watch 5 minutes of Cena Star Wars jokes to get to Jericho. I already gave props to ADR/DZ. Slater/Sid was great, did you not read what I wrote about the segments? And the Big Show/Brodus Clay was just dreadful.

And so yea, I don't like the AJ/three stooges storyline. Sorry, I just don't. I want it to go away. I don't care about AJ, I don't find her character entertaining, and it's just not for me. I understand that on the Internet if you don't like something popular you have to be labeled a contrarian who is a hater, but I can assure you everything I said is how I feel. There is no gimmick involved with my feelings on any of this.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Dolph'sZiggler said:
Jericho was good, I'll give you that, but the segment all things considered was average since you had to watch 5 minutes of Cena Star Wars jokes to get to Jericho. I already gave props to ADR/DZ. Slater/Sid was great, did you not read what I wrote about the segments? And the Big Show/Brodus Clay was just dreadful.

And so yea, I don't like the AJ/three stooges storyline. Sorry, I just don't. I want it to go away. I don't care about AJ, I don't find her character entertaining, and it's just not for me. I understand that on the Internet if you don't like something popular you have to be labeled a contrarian who is a hater, but I can assure you everything I said is how I feel. There is no gimmick involved with my feelings on any of this.

Dude you can quit the provocative statements and just debate the subject bro.

I read every word of your post, I was just labelling the positive in detail to attempt to understand how you rate it 0.5 when some relatively good stuff happened. On a show where Daniel Bryan is looking great in the WWE title hunt, Ziggler getting his push with ADR and Jericho owning Cena, I didn't think we could possibly rate this below 5 if you compare it to some of the shit we've seen recently if you mix it with Slater, Sid, AJ (for me), Kane getting the boot and a bikini match it has to be over 0.5 surely?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
The rating was a bit hyperbolic because the ending was Blue and left a terrible taste in my mouth. If you had me hooked up to a lie detector I'd say the show was a 2.5 or 3. That's what my point has been this entire time though. Reading what I said about the show gives you a much better idea of what I thought about the show then just the .5 rating I slapped on it at the end of my post. Basically if I hadn't rated it and just let my words speak for themselves we wouldn't be having this meaningless discussion.

Also you saying 'in comparison to the shit we've seen recently' proves my point about you being conditioned by WWE's shitty shows.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
We still would have because I felt every segment - even the not so bad - was getting the negative hammer. But if it was just a spur of the moment thing then I understand. I remember being stupidly pissed off with Jericho's first troll return in the discussion thread, then making a thread immediately after RAW praising the troll.

mark_htfc

Champion
Reaction score
I actually quite liked your review, however I think you have given it one hell of a harsh rating, surely it has to be worth more that a 0.5/10? I'd have given it a 7/10 personally.

The show started of crap, as I can't stand Vickie's screeching but after that, I've been enjoying the Punk/Kane/Bryan & AJ storyline, been humorous in parts, and it's also brought out some good matches imo, I didn't expect Bryan to win last night, I thought it was have been Punk.

As for Big Show and Clay, wasn't a fan of that, I can't do with Clay's bloody dance before the match, I wish they'd knock that on the head.

I will probably be the only one here, but I don't actually mind Cena, and didn't think his speech (albeit, rambled on a bit) was all that bad, pretty funny I thought.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Crayo, you know there is PM for this kind of argument, right? :troll: :haha:

Reaction score
I usually don't read reviews but this one was too funny not to. I think you covered everything and said it perfectly. Nice use on the similies and gif.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Big Hoss Rambler said:
I usually don't read reviews but this one was too funny not to. I think you covered everything and said it perfectly. Nice use on the similies and gif.

Glad you enjoyed :win: