• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DX

• Thread starter The Rated R CMStar
  • Start date

The Rated R CMStar

A lot has been said around here as the latest run of DX, agreeing it's over with the crowd but also that is rather stale. However, it hasn't had it's proper thread so we might as well discuss it in here. What are your thoughts on the run of DX?

Personally, I have always liked DX and while I don't exactly laugh my ass off with their jokes, they are funnier than all the other comedy acts WWE has tried to implement and I for one love when they break kayfabe with subtle comments.

However, I have always had a problem with how the book Shawn Michaels. To say he's made to look like HHH's caddy is an understatement. They make clear HHH is the top dog of DX and HBK pays the price.

So, what are your thoughts?

noumenon

I think WWE is kind of missing their mark with this run of DX. At first I enjoyed this run a lot more than the previous and honestly even found them a bit more funny. Sure they used them to put over Legacy, but even than could be argued. Let's face it, a 30 minute beat down on HBK followed by a 5 minute save/squash by HHH isn't really any way to put someone over.
They've spent majority of the past 2 months doing backstage skits with Hornswoggle and participating in probably some of the corniest and most insulting skits to ever be presented on a wrestling show.
Their feud with Jerishow was painfully slow and honestly all it did for me was wish for another HBK/Jericho singles feud. Putting the tag belts which are supposed to be brand mobile on two guys who refuse to go to Smackdown was probably the stupidest move they could have made. Assuming they're going to bring the HD over to RAW to feud with them amidst the return of Hart wouldn't be so bad.

I'm not going to agree with you on HBK being HHH's caddy. I think it's more to do with HBK not wanting to participate in the kind of humor HHH tends to use due to his religious beliefs.

I think DX has more than run its course at this point and after their (assumed) feud with the HD should probably just go the route of a quiet split.

The Rated R CMStar

I'm not going to agree with you on HBK being HHH's caddy. I think it's more to do with HBK not wanting to participate in the kind of humor HHH tends to use due to his religious beliefs.

While that may be true, it's more in the little things that show you HHH is booked to be superior than HBK. In their promos, out of the two, who gets more mic time? Since 2006, while we have seen HHH pwn HBK time and time again calling out his baldness, his lazy eye, etc, HBK has only shot HHH once. The match formula has thankfully changed a bit, because back in 2006, you would be lucky to see HBK getting the pinfall in the tag matches. However, I have yet to see HHH play face in peril or when they lose, make the job.

DX was awesome at Survivor Series. We loved 'em here in DC. I was so close, could almost smell the table break when Triple H spinebustered Shawn through it.

noumenon

While that may be true, it's more in the little things that show you HHH is booked to be superior than HBK. In their promos, out of the two, who gets more mic time? Since 2006, while we have seen HHH pwn HBK time and time again calling out his baldness, his lazy eye, etc, HBK has only shot HHH once. The match formula has thankfully changed a bit, because back in 2006, you would be lucky to see HBK getting the pinfall in the tag matches. However, I have yet to see HHH play face in peril or when they lose, make the job.

1) HHH > HBK on the mic
2) Physically what would HBK rip on HHH for aside from his nose?
3) That's what HBK does best, get his ass kicked...lol

noumenon

Yeah it is, but there's hardly a guy out there who cuts a better heel promo than HHH. He works amazingly well in a character, where HBK does a great job of really making it seem real (if that makes sense?)

LKP

^^^^It does make sense.

Hbk last few weeks in dx has been boring and serious. I know its the Bret hart thing but hes to serious and hhh is the goof. I see Hbk turning on HHH very soon.

MizMasta3000

I don't see how HBK is supposed to be a comical character now with Mania coming around the corner and with Bret/Vince crap. He came out all serious last night but was joking with DX later. Usually around this time of year, HB K hits his tweener mode where he builds for Mania but I dont think anyone knows what he's doing this year. Would have been simple to split DX late 09 and build for a match at mania instead of teasing a Taker rematch that I sure as hell dont want to see again. The fact that DX isnt picking on the McMahons are contributing to the staleness as well

kingovkings

I like DX and dont mind them or should say didnt mind them. If they are infact going to do a thing with the harts, Which seems HIGHLY likely and it gets the Hart Dynast over then that all good. But after that i think they should split either like they always do stay friends but go seprate way. Or one of them turns and they feud my choice would be the latter. Anyhoo even though i like DX i think it needs to end.

The Rated R CMStar

don't see how HBK is supposed to be a comical character now with Mania coming around the corner and with Bret/Vince crap. He came out all serious last night but was joking with DX later.

Did you even watch the segment? He was ANYTHING but funny. He's starting to have problems with Honswoggle and with Triple H

JMay187

I would say a split is needed very soon, this run with Hornswoggle is just Blue.

I would like to see a heel HBK, but a heel Triple H is far more entertaining.

kingovkings

Did you even watch the segment? He was ANYTHING but funny. He's starting to have problems with Honswoggle and with Triple H

Thanks i thought it was just me that never seen HBK fuck around with DX. I will zip through raw again just to check. but the impression i got was he couldn't be arsed or amused by(kayfabe wise) HHH or Horny. And i didn't see him been all jokey with DX later after the match. He said his usual if ya not down with that we got 2 words for ya bit but that wasn't in his usual high spirits. I hope we are getting serious HBK and i hope it comes sooner rather than later.

The Rated R CMStar

Yeah HBK flipped off at Horny acting like a child and Triple H already started with the subtle shots at HBK being more focused on Bret Hart/Vince/Taker than DX...

Besides, HBK knows better. I don't think that him positioning at every time for what seemed to be a Superkick for Bret Hart and Triple H was random.