DX on Commentary

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

Is it me or was that flat out hilarious? The lead in segment with Cena made it even better. Some of the comments they were making on commentary were a little over the line though, like breaking kayfabe. I know DX does that every now and then, but that was a total prime example of how much pull HBK and HHH have backstage, just with how much they ripped into Cole nonstop then the whole "they are screaming at you that we're going to commercial Cole, WRAP IT UP!" They just talked random stuff the whole time. It reminded me of the time Miz, Morrison, and Cryme (1, 2, 3 I got a Bedazzler!) were on commentary, but much better.

davidian13

Reaction score
DX on commentary I though was great! I don't think they were over the line for breaking kayfabe or whatever bc frankly that's all DX has left, given the PG restrictions. The "Oh vintage Big Show into the corner ohhh myyyy!!!" was hilarious!!! Good stuff!!!

Wordlife

great commentary... when they get old and can't wrestle anymore, they need to do commentary like JBL did!

MizMasta3000

It was so hilarious. DX and Cena has been corny to me lately but today i actually laughed pretty good

xtremebadass

LMAO "We Beat Each Other All The Time...THAT DIDN'T COME OUT RIGHT!"

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
It was pretty funny. Which is very rare these days with DX for me. But it toke away from the match. Only thing I remember that happened during that match immediately AFTER the match, was that Show punched Cena on the top of the head and Jericho pinned him... that's it.

noumenon

Hate to say it but this is the funniest DX has been since the Attitude Era. All of their other reunions have kind of missed the mark but they've been ridiculous lately and pretty much one of the only entertaining things on RAW every week is their promo.

MizMasta3000

u can imagine all the kids watching that didnt get the "we beat each other all the time" joke

Airfixx

^^^That's how WWE should be getting round the restrictions of the PG stuff.... It's an approach that has been working for The Simpsons for since it started.

i.e. Keep the kids happy, but still drop in some stuff that will go over their heads whilst keeping the the adults watching too. Example from Simpsons would be when they have all the film references etc.... Not like young kids will recognise references to a lot of the films, but as long as their inserted in a 'goofy' fashion, kids will just find them amusing on face value.

DX didn't break Kayfaybe that bad, if at all... For instance, any doofus at home gotta assume that the TV producer or someone is talking to the commentators in their headsets... S'hardly coming out and decalring "I have been booked to beat you tonight, so lay down mofo!"

...I still think Kofi should thank his lucky stars that Vince allows DX to take these liberties though. With one flippant comment, HHH managed to do what creative couldn't without a re-package... Free Kofi from the shackles of a particularly stiffling gimmick.

Wrestling Station

Vintage Bigshow thingy was awesome. They pissed at Cole really bad this time lol.

Blazzzze

Reaction score
I thought it was funny. DX are usually boring so this was alright. I was kinda disapointed when Cena said that didn't come out right. The idea of them beating each other kinda turned me on.

Airfixx

Vintage Bigshow thingy was awesome. They pissed at Cole really bad this time lol.

Not as bad as Cole pissed all over himself by yelping "Vintage Bragging Rights" during the finish of the ME at said PPV.

Self-ridicule (IF that's even what it was) when you are that shit simply doesn't work.

Kaedon

Reaction score
God damn it, now I have to go download Raw...but its natural, these guys have always been funny.