DVD/Show/Match Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Vince Russo Expresses Frustration With TNA

Vince Russo was overheard making a comment after watching a recent episode of iMPACT! on Spike TV. This source stated Russo said something to the effect of that he "couldn't tell you one thing he just saw" after viewing an episode.

Russo said this in front of members of TNA's management and other staff, which included TNA President Dixie Carter, Jeff Jarrett and Spike TV network executives. The word making the rounds right now is that Russo is just as frustrated as anyone with the number of things he is being told to fit into each episode of iMPACT! every week. There is reportedly pressure to put everyone on TV every week because many talent get paid per TV appearance. Rather than adjust the current pay schedule, TNA management has decided to require that everyone gets a short segment every week.

It is also being said that TNA management wants Vince Russo to relocate to Nashville from Atlanta, where he currently resides. Based on what is known right now, Russo is said to be hesitant about making the move because of the lack of long-term assurances that comes with the role of a booker in the wrestling business. So, while there are no indications that TNA wants to remove Russo from his role right now with the company, he understands there is no long-term guarantee and making this move would be a big change for his family. We will continue to follow this situation as it develops.

from: http://wrestlingattitude.com/headli...ull&id=1172119128&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

monkeystyle

Reaction score
You know things are in a bad way when even Vince Russo has no idea what's going on.

Reaction score
actually Russo is one of the best in the buisness he might have made a few mistakes in the past but hut he still is one of the best

Mike1989

Reaction score
I feel sorry fo the guy, not only is he being hated by fans for a couple of mistakes but he is being told by management we want lots of wrestlers in one hour, firstly this makes for poor promos, secondly it makes some appear as jokes, three it makes the Impact show poor, and well finally they need to promote wrestling otherwise ratings will fall as i can guarentee that not many fans will stay watching crap liek they currently put forward.

Captive8

Reaction score
When is Spike or TNA or both going to give Impact a 2 hour time slot?

Maxwell

Reaction score
TNA needs a two hour time slot. They have many talented wrestlers who cannot possibly be placed in a 60 minute show effectively. Once they receive another hour to their weekly show I believe some of this confusion will disappear.

This Guy

Most likely they won't see a 2 hour time slot till late 2007. According to Kurt Angle anyways, but acording to Kurt Angle, TNA also has a huge roster of guys that have never even appeared on TNA PPV's, TV or house shows that TNA is saving to debut when they have 2 hours all of which could out wrestle anyone in the WWE.......all I have to say is, yeah right.

AF.

Reaction score
Figured I'd make this thread because I've been watching quite a bit of wrestling lately.

Daniel Bryan vs The Miz - Night of Champions
- First time I watched this I underrated it massively. Second time through, so much better (which is what usually happens with me). So much emotion, great atmosphere poured into this match. Daniel Bryan was the clear cut fan favourite and Miz was the heel that everybody expected to win. The match is very back and forth. Miz controls much of it through some awesome shoulder work coupled with some great selling from Bryan. Moment of the match is the very Nigel McGuiness-esque clothesline on Daniel Bryan in which he flips over and lands on his head. Holy shit. The close finishes came accross very well and fluent, and the crowd ate all of it up. Bryan gets the feel good victory and the crowd goes absolutely nuts. Great moment. ***1/2

WrestleMania 24 Short Review

JBL vs Finlay
- Very, very solid brawl to kick off Mania. Got exactly what I wanted from this at the time, and watching again, it's nice to see brawls with two badasses who take tonnes of unprotected shots to the head. Finlay's dive to the outside met with the trash can lid to the head is moment of the match, and probably the best spot of the night. Finlay is a crazy bastard, JBL is an amazing heel and Hornswaggle's involvement is actually positive in this match. JBL's spot on when he throws the trash can at Hornswaggle, which lands right on the button (the button that is Hornswaggle). Right guy won, with a nice finish. ***

Money in the Bank
- Insane. This is just an absolute insane match, which by todays standards, outshines nearly every MITB ever aside from the first. Shelton is the star here, undoubtedly. The moment(s) of the match were the Morrison moonsault with the ladder, which still amazes me to this day and the sickeningly dangerous spot in which Shelton nearly goes head first through the ladder. I miss this sort of high risk stuff, but it's probably for the better that the WWE got rid of it. Nice run in from Matt Hardy to halt MVP's plans to win. Very nice backstabber from Carlito onto Jericho. CM Punk winning and posing at the end is very chillingly awesome. This is an insane match. ****1/4

Umaga vs Batista
- Better than I remember. Til this day I still cannot believe they stuck Batista with Umaga at WrestleMania. Nothing against Umaga, he was fantastic, but Batista is a mega-star and could have been used in better capacity. Still, on a stacked card, this is a nice little match highlighted by the Umaga chants. Seriously, Umaga was getting rather large chants for a heel of his status. Batista Bomb at the end was nicely done, Batista did extremely well to hit that cleanly whilst falling over. Nicely done. Decent match. **1/2

Shawn Michaels vs Ric Flair
- Where to start with this match? Watching this live I considered it 5 stars. Well, I definitely don't anymore, but it's still fantastic. Michaels completes this match with cracked ribs, which is superb but makes it hard to watch as he writhers in pain for much of it. Flair was great for a 60+ year old man. The best part of this match of course, is the emotion. The 'sorry, I love you' got me real bad at the time, and still today, is an amazing moment in WWE history. Shawn busted his ass and created a classic here. Major props to both men, especially Shawn, who performed with cracked ribs in a stellar effort. ****1/4

Big Show vs Floyd Mayweather
- Just a fun match. Got more than I expected from it. Booked extremely well. Props to Floyd for some of the bumps he took. Major props to Big Show for eating all those punches in both the build up and the match. This is extremely fun, and isn't as watered down as we thought it'd be going into the match. Serves a great purpose on this card. ***

Triple H vs Randy Orton vs John Cena
- These guys really hogged the Main Event scene of RAW the last few years, that watching them isn't as exciting as it used to be. Triple H is bland here. Should have really left him out and had Cena/Orton with Orton getting the fluke victory and had Batista/HHH or something. Still a good match for what it was, never really interests me or engrosses me as much as I'd like a title match to at WrestleMania. Randy Orton winning still makes me happy to this day. It was unexpected and is just such a nice booking decision for the WWE to have made. For that alone, this match is bumped up. ***1/4

Edge vs Undertaker
- Best match of the night saved to last. Edge vs Taker. It doesn't look great on paper, but my god is this match fantastic. Starts off slow and builds it's way up, telling a stellar story through. Taker has never beaten Edge and they played off that very fact for the entire match. Some great moments include Takers dive, Charles Robinson making that hilarious run down to the ring, Edge kicking out of the tombstone, the spear into hells gate transition and the suplex that through Undertaker over the barricade which looked extremely painful. A personal favourite of mine, and capped off an absolute amazing Mania with a stacked card and plenty great matches to boot. ****1/2

Overall - 9/10. One of the best Mania's ever.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Wouldn't say Edge/Taker is one of the best ever mania matches but it was a damn good match that is probably Edge's best non gimmick match ever.

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Batista Bomb at the end was nicely done,

Your joking right? he clearly fell on ass and fucked up & it was a terrible match, Umaga had that fucking nerve hold on for half the match, i thought i was watching Lex Luger vs Yokuzuna from WM 10.

I agree with everything else though.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Disagree with the Mayweather/Show rating but I'm not a fan of celebrities wrestling as is so I wasn't a fan going into the match and would give it ** no matter what.

AF.

Reaction score
Wouldn't say Edge/Taker is one of the best ever mania matches but it was a damn good match that is probably Edge's best non gimmick match ever.

When the hell did I call it one of the best WrestleMania matches ever?

Your joking right? he clearly fell on ass and fucked up & it was a terrible match, Umaga had that fucking nerve hold on for half the match, i thought i was watching Lex Luger vs Yokuzuna from WM 10.

I agree with everything else though.

Batista fell over and still did the Bomb properly. Looked good to me.

InYourFace

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
chrisdaniels
Favorite Wrestler
delirious
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Thank god he did, but he could have easily broken the mans neck.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
When the hell did I call it one of the best WrestleMania matches ever?

Batista fell over and still did the Bomb properly. Looked good to me.
You didn't but it being rated that high puts it kind of up there was all I saying.