Dustin Rhodes released

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't wish bad on the guy but if WWE have released him again then it is probably something serious when you consider his past record with WWE. I just hope that he hasn't gone off the wagon again.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
From the times i've seen his Twitter, he seems like a complete and utter asshole so I wouldn't be at all surprised if he put something on there that rubbed someone up the wrong way.

Come to think of it, I swear he was suspended from his Twitter account before by the WWE.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
This guy was a trainer and if you do something stupid when you are in a role like that, you deserve what you get.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Rumored Reason For Goldust Being Released By WWE
It was reported Goldust was released from WWE last week. He had been working as an agent/producer helping put together matches.

F4Wonline.com is reporting the release came after an incident at the Smackdown tapings in Grand Rapids, Michigan on April 24th.

Goldust reportedly was responsible for coming up with the spot of Darren Young and Titus O'Neil giving Yoshi Tatsu a double-team powerbomb. Tatsu had a bad landing during the finisher and the move came off looking even worst on television.

Young and O'Neil haven't used the finisher since the incident.

Just a rumor that's going around the dirt sheets and I highly doubt it's true. Someone probably just took notice of it and decided to make a report from it. A guy like Goldust wouldn't be released for that and especially when such a small name in Yoshi Tatsu is involved.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Come to think of it, I swear he was suspended from his Twitter account before by the WWE.

Yep but they eventually the ended suspension. And he went right back to doing what he was doing before.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Just a rumor that's going around the dirt sheets and I highly doubt it's true. Someone probably just took notice of it and decided to make a report from it. A guy like Goldust wouldn't be released for that and especially when such a small name in Yoshi Tatsu is involved.

That's definitely not it, if anything that's Titus and Young's fault because they suck and can't pull off the move.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
lol suggeting he wouldn't be released because Yoshi isn't a big name. The guy come up with a finish that was botched by 2 rookies and could have seriously injured Yoshi.

What was PSYCH saying, their offence was brutal looking? Nah, just brutal.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
[video=youtube;0vB5eqGdHno]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vB5eqGdHno[/video]

NXT Rookies should stay on NXT For a reason, my god do they suck down in FCW.

Best wrestlers from there seem to be the Indy guys who were big anyways. As for Goldust, he's a bit bizarre to say the least, probably more than we'll know about the situation anyways.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Don't listen to Psych when it comes to these two fools. They have no business on SD, just another failed tag team on the rise.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
You'll be changing your name and ripping them after a puch like you always do for people

Aniking

Reaction score
Surely Goldust wasn't released for O'Neil & Young botching a move? That sounds really petty from the WWE if that's the case.

And I agree, O'Neil & Young have no place on Smackdown. They were only elevated because they'd been stuck on NXT for so long... and for good reason.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Looking closely at it, it seems like Titus had trouble lifting Yoshi all the way up but nothing bad. Then Darren Young leaped prematurely when they were still adjusting.

No other way to describe it other than a rookie botch. A small one, but potentially big consequences.

The hammer had to come down on someone and I guess it had to be Dustin. I guess it depends whether he approved it with his higher up (if any), and if so he shouldn't be held responsible. But if this totally was his idea that he went ahead and booked knowing how green (and almost incompetent) these two are, then yeah he's probably to blame.

But surely Titus & Darren will be heading back to NXT now, right? If there is any justice in the world...

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
They on SD this week playa! The only reason they missed last week was to do a FCW charity function for Tampa, Floridas make a wish chapter, granting their first wish. Can't be blamed for being asked to do a move they have never used before as a team.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Doubt he got fired for something like suggesting a move to guys who couldn't perform it right.

That being said, that was a dumb move by Goldust to suggest a dangerous move like that to guys who are not capable of doing inticate spots like that.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Haven't seen that video before, pretty ugly spot and Yoshi is lucky he wasn't injured. Can't believe that they could screw up that spot though, not the hardest one around with a powerbomb/clothesline combo. Can't blame Young that much, I would put more blame on Titus for firstly not being able to lift a small 200lb guy and then for dropping him on his head rather than dropping him infront of him like you do for the move normally.