Dupri out of MMM?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Cromwell is nice to look at but without the mouthpiece I dunno…I’d say get Rick Martel to manage but his English was never his strong point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Bring back disc inferno as the dad

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
After watchin' these SmackDowns, all he did was hype Maxine. I think this just dirtsheet tryin' to read deeper into sumthin'. I could easily see him on SD next week.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Well. With Vince now out, if Max is back soon, it doesn’t mean that the dirt sheets were wrong. Since it was Vince’s idea to take him off according to this.

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
As much as I want LA Knight back in the wrestling matches fold, I will wait one week before I buy into all of this.

Reactions: Stellar

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Max Dupri was reportedly pulled from the Maximum Male Models storyline after some heat with former WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon.

As noted, Dupri was not at last week’s SmackDown in Boston for the reveal of his sister, Maxxine Dupri, who is played by the former Sofia Cromwell of WWE NXT. Maxxine mentioned how her brother wasn’t there, then introduced herself and announced that Maximum Male Models will reveal their 2022 SummerSlam Beachwear Collection on tonight’s go-home episode. It was later reported that Max was officially done with the stable after “rubbing some people the wrong way backstage,” which led to Vince making the decision to write him out of the storyline before his retirement was announced.

In an update, a new report from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that Vince made the decision to pull Max from the group after one of the earlier Maximum Male Models segments went bad, and Vince blamed that on Max’s delivery of some of his lines.

It was also said that Max spoke up about some of the scripting for the segment, and apparently that didn’t go over well with Vince and others.

It remains to be seen what WWE will do with Max now that Vince is no longer there and no longer running creative. The former LA Knight has his supporters within the company but the idea as of last week was that he is done with the Maximum Male Models storyline.

The official @MaxMaleModels Twitter account continues to tweet applications received via the MaximumMaleModels.com website, but the bio notes that all tweets are posted by Maxxine. However, the MaximumMaleModels.com website still lists Max as the Founder & Director, while listing Maxxine as the Director of Talent.

WWE Shop recently pulled the Maximum Male Models t-shirt with Max, ma.çé and mån.sôör on the front, but the Max Dupri Twitter account is still live as of this writing.

Max has not publicly commented on any changes with the character but he did tweet after being off last week’s SmackDown, writing, “So, what did I miss??”

Max liked one fan response to that tweet, which said, “Your pink slip.”

It’s interesting to note how Maxxine stated last week that the SummerSlam Beachwear Collection would be revealed on tonight’s SmackDown episode, but that segment is not currently listed on the official WWE website SmackDown preview. That does not necessarily mean it won’t air.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
LA Knight bak

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Imagine thinking your shitty model gimmick was failing bc of LA Knight's mic delivery :TI:

Reactions: Daddy Dom

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Yeah, I’m not even his biggest fan, and haven’t really seen the segments. But I seriously doubt it’s his fault.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The segments weren't even bad if I'm being honest lol the gimmick was funny but it was just stupid bc it lasted so long and they didn't even wrestle

Compared to Vinci on NXT who is doing something kind of similar but its only his entrance and then he fucking wrecks people in the ring

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Yeah this had no chance of doing anything other than embarassing everyone attached to it. Billy and Chuck v2? Or Rico if he were a stable.

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
Sounds like a bullshit excuse to swap him out for that Sofia chick, if you ask me, because quite frankly he was the only thing that is actually entertaining or "good" in this story.

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
nikkibella
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
yUZITLS
I liked Max Dupri being involved in the Maximum Male Models thing. He did verbally stumble once but it wasn't all that bad really. All of it was fine to me and it was something different for the guy rather than continuing to just be a rich guy with fancy cars (What Vinci is doing now I guess). When reports come out about wrestlers "being difficult to work with" or whatever just because they speak up about what they are given I try to not fully judge because maybe the idea they were given was bad. Having said all of that, not complaining that Maxxine is now involved. :)

Reactions: Swerve