Dumbest things wrestling fans have said

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I've been saying this forever and everyone goes by that bullshit book by RD Reynolds who never interviewed anyone in corporate for that and recite all the dumb stuff like "Bischoff spent money on blah blah blah" "Hulk hogan held so and so down derr derr derr" "fingerpoke of doom"....."didn't elevate all those giant money draws like Benoit, Malenko, Guerrero, Konnan, Mysterio.......idk Villano 4".....like a TV show would ever survive being on a channel if people with a higher position and tax bracket didn't want it. Let alone being just another unpopular property in one of the worst corporate mergers in history.

Facts on facts. AOL didn’t think it fit the brand.

And they pointed Jamie Kellner to run Turner Networks despite promising Ted he’d retain his job. Kellner’s first act as head of the Networks was cancel WCW.

Guy Evans book Nitro is supposedly better. He actually interviewed a lot of the Time Warner people.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Facts on facts. AOL didn’t think it fit the brand.

And they pointed Jamie Kellner to run Turner Networks despite promising Ted he’d retain his job. Kellner’s first act as head of the Networks was cancel WCW.

Guy Evans book Nitro is supposedly better. He actually interviewed a lot of the Time Warner people.
Jamie Kellner also killed WB's cartoon line up.....he can die in a ditch while I piss in it.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Wrestling fans are never that good at separating the business side and their own entertainment tbf so if they think Russo was booking trash in his WCW run then they'll jump through hoops to show he killed them from a business standpoint too :lol

Most dumb wrestling fan comments come from them not understanding they can like someone who isn't a draw and dislike someone who is a draw :lol

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
I've heard a lot of dumb shit, but people saying Roman faked his leukemia has to be the worst. Saying that Roman & Vince came up with it as a plan to get Roman over. To believe that Roman would ever agree to something that heinous and stupid is beyond me, does he really strike you as the type of guy to fake leukemia to get popular? He never gave two shits before if he was popular or not :lmao

Oh, and a sillier one, one of my friends was ADAMANT in 2019 when Mox left WWE that it was all a work and he wasn't really leaving. He kept up this insistence way past Mox actually leaving, I posted on FB about being there for Mox's leaving segment after Raw and he was all like "it's fake, he's not going anywhere". Once Mox debuted in AEW, he finally had to admit he was wrong lmfaoooooo. It was so hilarious, I kept telling him for weeks that it was real, he wouldn't listen lol.

Reactions: Chris

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
People who think the orange man caters to Vince McMahon and vice versa......like that carney family can even get an invite to the Bildeberg meetings, let alone have the ear of the president of the United states :TI:

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
People that believe Randy Savage fucked or tried to fuck Stephanie McMahon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He didn't??

MrFlash

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Favorite Wrestler
jerrylynn
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Hands down the idiots that think Chris Benoit didn't kill his family and himself, that Kevin Sullivan cause he a SaTaNiSt! Just below that are the people that Think he should still be in the HOF despite you know, the killing of a women and child.

On a lighter note that, people who say The dungeon of doom sucked. They didn't damn it they where wrestling gold!!

Reactions: Deezy

Carter

Capomandamento, Underboss, Consigliere, Three Captain's
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
7XxpBMv
Favorite Wrestler
pac
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
lol. Not sure. Someone said Johnny Gargano is oozing charisma once, and that one made me laugh.

He has about much charisma as a wet fart mate.

Reactions: Brad Boyd

TOP GUY TIME

Goodbye!
Reaction score
"i hope fiend alexa squashes becky when she comes back" - some Redditor on the Post-Raw Discussion Thread

I strongly dislike squashing the women division, and if Alexa Bliss is gonna squash everyone, I might as well start finding STARDOM shows online to watch

RLStern

Refuter of Revisionist History
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
WCW was dying the moment Gerald Levin met with Steve Case and decided to not only merge with a dotcom when you built one of the largest media conglomerates, but decided to give them operational control of your new empire. They lost over $100 billion.

It was messed up by March of 2000 when the Dot Com bubble burst.

They overvalued the Internet, they basically thought the Internet was going to do the business it does now where e-commerce is huge... back in the late 90s/early 2000s, they basically thought people would shop in 2000 the way they would eventually in 2020.

They were highly mistaken, hence why we had these a bunch of sites like pets.com, they ACTUALLY thought people would use that on the regular in 2000.

LOL

Most people didn’t even know what the Internet was exactly in the late 90s and early 2000s, and they thought it was taking over??

When they realized this many companies went out of business, and the ones that survived had to slowly build.

E-commerence didn’t get noticed by most until early 2010’s and didn’t get over until 15 years later in the mid 2010’s.

They were far off.

it’s funny too because 2001/2002 is when Broadband starts to take off and America Online/dial up starts to get decline. Add that to the dial up alternatives getting big in the early 2000s like Netze

You KNOW they messed up when Time Warner started promoting Roadrunner over AOL.

I wonder if this is the reason why my family was automatically updated to digital cable/1000 channel cable in 2002 where you could buy ppv with the remote and had on demand,

because prior to this we had regular analog 99 channel Cable with Time Warner where you had to call to buy ppvs.

America Online got huge and everyone started knowing about in 1999, but it wasnt smart for a company with less than 5 years success to merge with Time Warner.

The biggest media conglomerate basically gave a company that basically started getting over in 1997/1998 and blew up in 1999 control.

That is nonsensical, WHAT was the logic behind this?

People claim Time Warner sold WCW because it was losing money, I call bullshit, because they kept the Atlanta Braves which lost 100+ million dollars, and they were eager to sell it Before the merger.

it seems like it was a portfolio polishing for the merger and stockholders because Wrestling was lowbrow.

There can be no other explanation, because if they sold it they could still get ratings from the shows on their networks and it would be a complete gain as they wouldn’t pay for TV rights... yet they cancelled Nitro and Thunder DESPITE it being advantageous to them, no cost to them, because they didn’t want to have any wrestling, WCW OR WWF, it didn’t matter that WCW despite having half the WWF viewers(since they were booming from the Rock’s popularity of the late 90s/early 2000s) was still topping cable charts, and the highest rated show on TNT and TBS.

WWF bought WCW with no questions or FCC involved, making it a monopoly which is anti-capitalist.

HOW was there no anti trust lawsuits.

Sorry but your post has sparked interest, wish you made a thread on this.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Nia Jaxx only remains employed because Vince doesn't wanna piss off The Rock.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Nia Jaxx only remains employed because Vince doesn't wanna piss off The Rock.
What does she offer otherwise? She's terrible on the mic, worse than nothing in the ring, not believable in any role, and is in general an instant channel changer. And there's no reason to stockpile her because no other company would take her.

TOP GUY TIME

Goodbye!
Reaction score
What does she offer otherwise? She's terrible on the mic, worse than nothing in the ring, not believable in any role, and is in general an instant channel changer. And there's no reason to stockpile her because no other company would take her.
Give her to TNA. They somehow are able to make me like people I have no business caring for

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I didn't say she offers anything, she's garbage but to think there's any kind of dialogue or understanding between Vince and Rock that if she is fired he won't do business with them again is laughable.

La Parka

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Sports Team
anaheimducks
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Roman faking his cancer was easily the dumbest take for a while.

though Bruce Mitchell’s article about Brodie Lee and his family may have surpassed that.

Reactions: Lady Redfield