Duffer Brothers (Stranger Things) Launching Upside Down Pictures

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Marty McFourth

Trying to figure out this life thing, what about you
Reaction score
upside.png

Matt and Ross Duffer, the creators of “Stranger Things,” are launching a new label with Netflix titled Upside Down Pictures, and several hot projects are already on the menu.

Deadline exclusively reports this afternoon that Upside Down Pictures is planning a “Stranger Things” spinoff series, an adaptation of Stephen King’s The Talisman, and more!

The focus for Upside Down Pictures projects is said to be on “stories that take place at that beautiful crossroads where the ordinary meets the extraordinary, where big spectacle co-exists with intimate character work, where heart wins out over cynicism.”

Hilary Leavitt (“Orphan Black,” “Shining Girls”) is on board to run the label.

Matt and Ross Duffer, the creators of “Stranger Things,” are launching a new label with Netflix titled Upside Down Pictures, and several hot projects are already on the menu.

Deadline exclusively reports this afternoon that Upside Down Pictures is planning a “Stranger Things” spinoff series, an adaptation of Stephen King’s The Talisman, and more!

The focus for Upside Down Pictures projects is said to be on “stories that take place at that beautiful crossroads where the ordinary meets the extraordinary, where big spectacle co-exists with intimate character work, where heart wins out over cynicism.”

Hilary Leavitt (“Orphan Black,” “Shining Girls”) is on board to run the label.

Deadline details the following projects in the works at Upside Down Pictures…

“A new live action series adaptation of Death Note, the Japanese manga and anime series originally written by Tsugumi Ohba and illustrated by Takeshi Obata.

“An original series from creators Jeffrey Addiss and Will Matthews (Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance).

“A series adaptation of Stephen King and Peter Straub‘s 1984 novel The Talisman which the Duffers will craft alongside Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Entertainment and Paramount Television. Created by Stranger Things’ Co-EP and writer Curtis Gwinn, The Talisman tells the story of a young man who moves between New Hampshire and an alternate world called ‘The Territories’ to obtain an artifact that will save his mother’s life. While The Talisman shares otherworldly qualities with Stranger Things, “It’s much more fantasy. It has sci-fi. It has horror elements. It has a lot of heart. It has everything that we love. And it’s got the best werewolf character I think, ever,” Matt Duffer told Deadline in yesterday’s in-depth interview.

A new stage play set within the world and mythology of Stranger Things, produced by prolific UK-based stage producer Sonia Friedman, Stephen Daldry and Netflix. Daldry, whose credits include The Crown, Billy Elliot and The Reader, will also direct. 21 Laps will serve as Associate Producer.

“The aforementioned live-action Stranger Things spin-off series for Netflix, based on an original idea by The Duffer Brothers, with Upside Down and 21 Laps producing.”

talisman-stephen-king.png

• Love
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Stranger Things spin-off and Talisman series:komintrigue:

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah I'm sure this will be incredible and them doing Death Note one of the great Anime I've watched I'm hoping it is Leagues better than the Film we got with Netflix Years ago.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah I'm sure this will be incredible and them doing Death Note one of the great Anime I've watched I'm hoping it is Leagues better than the Film we got with Netflix Years ago.
lisa-simpson.gif

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Yeah Netflix's Death Note was not good, although Willem Dafoe really gave it his all and was pretty damn creepy as Ryuk

I also share the hope Duffer brothers would nail it

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler