Drugs In Sport

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
There has been a lot of drugs involved with sport in the past, So what I was wondering was all the wonderful people of sports opinion of them. If someone takes illegal drugs in an attempt to help improve their performance how long do you think there ban should be? Do you think it should be a lifetime ban or until you think they have learnt their lesson.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
An adult wouldn't need to learn their lesson, they would already have known what they were doing was wrong, so I think it should always be a lifetime ban. That of course only includes serious cases such as massive steroid abuse, not something like taking Sudafed and not realizing it was considered a banned substance.

Swamps

Laughs At Stupid People
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I guess I'm in the minority here but, I don't have a problem with anyone using performance enhancing drugs. I mean, there are many different ways you can cheat other than using drugs. Hell, there is points shaving and recruiting violations (mainly in College but damn you should see how bad it is in Private High Schools!) that can be considered "cheating".

But back to the topic at hand... I have no problem with an athlete putting substances in their bodies to help increase their abilities to win, draw money, and entertain the fans. Now, if anyone smokes weed, pops pills, or any shit like that then they have no right to judge a player for putting "illegal" substances in their bodies when they do it their own selves. So are we going to ban all the players who smoke Pot? How many wrestling fans are all over RVD's Jock btw?

Do I think someone should be banned for using substances? No, simply because you have people still playing, winning championships, and even getting into Hall of Fames who have done far worse. How many players have been on the news for Rape, Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, and even murder that are still playing? Guess what? You don't see people screaming for these guys to get a life time ban and the shit they do is far worse than any player using performance enhancing drugs.