Drew McIntyre

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Im not just saying this because im Scottish, Im saying this because this is what I actually believe and I have seen him in ring first hand when from events I have went to.

Drew is one of the most underrated and wasted talent in WWE. He has so much charisma and skill. The guy can work as a brilliant babyface and be able to get the crowd behind him like he did for years in the UK and he can work as a brilliant heel and get heat. His mic skills are good and his chosen one gimmick was great until he kept losing entry matches into the MITB match and Vince kept reversing the decisions which made Drew look weak and a coward and his chosen one gimmick died right there. His in ring is very clean and great, His matches are really good and his moves look great. He hasnt even had the chance to have any good matches in WWE his match with Morrison was awesome. The guys needs a push from jobbing in 3MB.

What do you guys think?

Reactions: Hannah Bee

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
He's never going to be a big dog in the WWE sadly. He's British. Brits don't reach the top.

Dynamite kid, never on the top. British Bulldog, never on the top. Regal, never on the top. Sad but true.
The only British wrestler of the current generation I see going to to the top is Neville. And that is because of his moveset.

I'd love for Drew to prove me wrong, but he won't be a top dog in the company. He can still have a long and fulfilling career in the mid card, multi time IC champion and such. But he won't be a top star I think.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
He deserves to be a world champ but as you said sadly it will never happen.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Does he? He sure hasn't shown it. His accomplishments outside of WWE mean jack squat. If Daniel Bryan's ROH career didn't mean anything to Vince then Drew's Scotland career doesn't either.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
I didnt say it meant something but his skill means that down the line he SHOULD be a world champion at least once, I think the same about Barrett and Neville. There is many Brits who should be world champs.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
He seems like he could be better than he is, what with currently being stuck in WWE's own version of Three Count and everything, but I don't see anything about him that automatically screams main eventer/world champion either. Nothing wrong with being a good/great mid carder, though. I seriously doubt 3MB will last forever, thought the taint of it may linger on talents like McIntyre for far longer even when they're disbanded.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Not a fan of him at all. Terrible overrated by the IWC.

I never see anyone praise him tbh. Seems like just me a lot of the time.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
Is part of the love not at least somewhat because you're both from Scotland?

Not really, Ive been to events he was on and really enjoyed him (These were WWE house shows and indie shows). I guess him being Scottish is a bonus to me. I like a lot of Scottish wrestlers and im a fan of that scene not because its Scottish just because its a great scene and very local for me and I feel very lucky that in my current position with training and stuff I can help set up the ring at shows and talk to these guys about the scene, Drew was just a guy I used to see at shows when I was young and now he is in WWE.

Status
Not open for further replies.